PDA

View Full Version : Re: Nice ugly people

May 25th 05, 02:15 AM
On 25 May 2005 00:46:00 GMT, DZ
> wrote:

>"People say it would be terrible if we made all girls pretty. I think
>it would be great." -- James Watson (discoverer of DNA)
>
>http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn3451

Why do bars close at 2 a.m.?

Curt James
May 25th 05, 02:19 AM
axed:

> Why do bars close at 2 a.m.?

Why?
--

Delenn
May 25th 05, 02:22 AM
wrote:

> On 25 May 2005 00:46:00 GMT, DZ
> > wrote:
>

>>"People say it would be terrible if we made all girls pretty. I think
>>it would be great." -- James Watson (discoverer of DNA)
>>
>>http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn3451
>

> Why do bars close at 2 a.m.?

Because after that all women look pretty?

Just trying to guess the punch line.

Delenn

May 25th 05, 04:10 AM
On Tue, 24 May 2005 21:22:13 -0400, Delenn > wrote:

wrote:

>> On 25 May 2005 00:46:00 GMT, DZ
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>"People say it would be terrible if we made all girls pretty. I think
>>>it would be great." -- James Watson (discoverer of DNA)
>>>
>>>http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn3451
>>

>> Why do bars close at 2 a.m.?
>
>Because after that all women look pretty?
>

>Just trying to guess the punch line.
>
>Delenn

Yeah. Old joke. And I suppose all guys look good enough to the gals by
then too.

I suspect Watson's option would be good for the bar business -
especially if molecular biologists also found ways to cure common
varieties of stupidity beyond eliminating genetic diseases responsible
for very low IQs.

Suze
May 25th 05, 05:38 AM
Quoting DZ:
>Curt James > wrote:
>> axed:
>>
>>> Why do bars close at 2 a.m.?
>>
>> Why?
>
>The Russian version is "there are no ugly women, just not enough
>vodka".

In Scotland, it's "beauty is in the eye of the beerholder."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/2201198.stm

Charles
May 25th 05, 08:41 AM
On 24 May 2005 18:19:14 -0700, "Curt James" >
wrote:

axed:

>> Why do bars close at 2 a.m.?
>
>Why?

Why not?

Charles
May 25th 05, 08:46 AM

wrote:

>> On 25 May 2005 00:46:00 GMT, DZ
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>"People say it would be terrible if we made all girls pretty. I think
>>>it would be great." -- James Watson (discoverer of DNA)
>>>
>>>http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn3451
>>

>> Why do bars close at 2 a.m.?
>
>Because after that all women look pretty?
>

>Just trying to guess the punch line.

That's more like the Dally I know and love!! ;o)

Helgi Briem
May 25th 05, 11:44 AM
On 25 May 2005 03:31:43 GMT, DZ
> wrote:

>> I suspect Watson's option would be good for the bar business -
>> especially if molecular biologists also found ways to cure common
>> varieties of stupidity beyond eliminating genetic diseases responsible
>> for very low IQs.
>
>Of course "molecular biologists" would like to take credit for it all.
>But they'd still be aimlessly noodling around in their cute white
>coats without insightful guidance from statistical geneticists.

Hear, ****ing hear! It's time somebody stood up for the
statisticians.

--
Helgi Briem hbriem AT simnet DOT is

WillBrink
May 25th 05, 02:32 PM
In article >, Delenn >

> > On 25 May 2005 00:46:00 GMT, DZ
> > > wrote:
> >

> >>"People say it would be terrible if we made all girls pretty. I think
> >>it would be great." -- James Watson (discoverer of DNA)
> >>
> >>http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn3451
> >

> > Why do bars close at 2 a.m.?
>
> Because after that all women look pretty?

That's known as beer goggles.

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

Steve Freides
May 25th 05, 04:56 PM
"DZ" > wrote in message
.. .
> Curt James > wrote:
>> axed:
>>
>>> Why do bars close at 2 a.m.?
>>
>> Why?
>
> The Russian version is "there are no ugly women, just not enough
> vodka".

That's the quote of the day.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Seth Breidbart
May 26th 05, 01:49 AM
In article >,
> wrote:

>especially if molecular biologists also found ways to cure common
>varieties of stupidity beyond eliminating genetic diseases responsible
>for very low IQs.

Turning off AOL might be a start.

Seth
--
99% of the time, he is rude to the people who do in fact deserve
it. -- Will Brink

Andrzej Rosa
May 26th 05, 03:22 PM
Dnia 2005-05-25 DZ napisał(a):
> Curt James > wrote:
>> axed:
>>
>>> Why do bars close at 2 a.m.?
>>
>> Why?
>
> The Russian version is "there are no ugly women, just not enough
> vodka".

In Poland we found (after we traveled around ;) that actually there are
some ugly women. They are those, who demand incapacitating amounts of
vodka. ;)

--
Andrzej Rosa 1127R