PDA

View Full Version : aspirating during steroid injection

SK
October 1st 03, 03:33 PM
I am a cofused about what I am suppose to see when I aspirate during a
steroid shot. I know that if I see blood I am suppose to withdrawl
and start over. What am suppose to see when I hit a "good" spot. A
couple of times I noticed some type of bubble when I aspirate. Is
this normal. Does it hurt me to inject the bubble that I aspirated.

Steve

ferdie
October 1st 03, 05:35 PM
yeh u suppose to see bubbles. Its ok and doesnt effect anything when u
inject it back in.

"SK" > wrote in message
om...
> I am a cofused about what I am suppose to see when I aspirate during a
> steroid shot. I know that if I see blood I am suppose to withdrawl
> and start over. What am suppose to see when I hit a "good" spot. A
> couple of times I noticed some type of bubble when I aspirate. Is
> this normal. Does it hurt me to inject the bubble that I aspirated.
>
> Steve

Robert Schuh
October 1st 03, 08:37 PM
SK wrote:

> I am a cofused about what I am suppose to see when I aspirate during a
> steroid shot. I know that if I see blood I am suppose to withdrawl
> and start over. What am suppose to see when I hit a "good" spot. A
> couple of times I noticed some type of bubble when I aspirate. Is
> this normal. Does it hurt me to inject the bubble that I aspirated.
>
> Steve
No,
BTW, the thing you see on TV about injecting a bubble IV is bull****
too. You would have to inject more than 10 cc IV to do anything.