PDA

View Full Version : Steroids/Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel

nikko
June 30th 05, 01:23 AM
Just saw an eye-opening piece on steroid use in a segment of the HBO show
Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel. The story was strictly about steroid use in
healthy adult males. In other words, it doesn't apply to women and
children. At any rate, there was a bunch of stuff in it I didn't know.
Most notably, that there is not a single long-term study that connects
steroids to death or serious health issues. Not a single one. Moreover,
the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Drug Enforcement
Agency were both opposed to making it a controlled substance.

June 30th 05, 01:30 AM
>Most notably, that there is not a single long-term study that connects
steroids to death or serious health issues. Not a single one.>

And you believed it? LOLOLOLOL

June 30th 05, 01:31 AM
>Most notably, that there is not a single long-term study that connects
steroids to death or serious health issues. Not a single one.>

The studys were done with tiny (legal) doses, the musclebound ****s
here do 50x that dose a day. See the difference?

nikko
June 30th 05, 03:55 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> >Most notably, that there is not a single long-term study that connects
> steroids to death or serious health issues. Not a single one.>
>
>And you believed it? LOLOLOLOL
>
> The studys were done with tiny (legal) doses, the musclebound ****s
> here do 50x that dose a day. See the difference?

You're right. I should instead believe a guy who goes by Dong Long Silver.

Fish! - of Arcadia.
June 30th 05, 04:35 AM
In article . com>,
says...
> >Most notably, that there is not a single long-term study that connects
> steroids to death or serious health issues. Not a single one.>
>
> The studys were done with tiny (legal) doses, the musclebound ****s
> here do 50x that dose a day. See the difference?

Sure do, one was a well researched story, yours is a ****ing sourceless
joke.

--

"Developers,Developers,Developers,Developers"

spodosaurus
June 30th 05, 09:46 AM
nikko wrote:
> Just saw an eye-opening piece on steroid use in a segment of the HBO show
> Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel. The story was strictly about steroid use in
> healthy adult males. In other words, it doesn't apply to women and
> children. At any rate, there was a bunch of stuff in it I didn't know.
> Most notably, that there is not a single long-term study that connects
> steroids to death or serious health issues. Not a single one.

Yep, and roid rage is more myth than fact: another designer defence
thought up by defence lawyers.

> Moreover,
> the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Drug Enforcement
> Agency were both opposed to making it a controlled substance.

Of course: it dilutes their efforts. There are no 'steroid kingpins'
undermining governments in south america and southeast asia.

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

June 30th 05, 02:12 PM
wrote:

>>Most notably, that there is not a single long-term study that connects
>
> steroids to death or serious health issues. Not a single one.>
>
> The studys were done with tiny (legal) doses, the musclebound ****s
> here do 50x that dose a day. See the difference?

So if they were legal they'd be safe?

WillBrink
June 30th 05, 02:17 PM
In article et>,
"nikko" > wrote:

> Just saw an eye-opening piece on steroid use in a segment of the HBO show
> Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel. The story was strictly about steroid use in
> healthy adult males. In other words, it doesn't apply to women and
> children. At any rate, there was a bunch of stuff in it I didn't know.
> Most notably, that there is not a single long-term study that connects
> steroids to death or serious health issues. Not a single one.

Guess you have not been reading MFW much then as that fact has been
coverd only about 7,908,786,203 times here. Did you need Gumbel to get
that fact across?

> Moreover,
> the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Drug Enforcement
> Agency were both opposed to making it a controlled substance.

They did. Read up on the topic. www.steroidlaw.com is Rick Collins site,
who advised that show on HBO.

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

Charles
June 30th 05, 02:24 PM
On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:17:24 -0400, WillBrink
> wrote:

>In article et>,
> "nikko" > wrote:
>
>> Just saw an eye-opening piece on steroid use in a segment of the HBO show
>> Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel. The story was strictly about steroid use in
>> healthy adult males. In other words, it doesn't apply to women and
>> children. At any rate, there was a bunch of stuff in it I didn't know.
>> Most notably, that there is not a single long-term study that connects
>> steroids to death or serious health issues. Not a single one.
>
>Guess you have not been reading MFW much then as that fact has been
>coverd only about 7,908,786,203 times here.

How many? ;o)

ATP*
July 1st 05, 01:57 AM
"nikko" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Just saw an eye-opening piece on steroid use in a segment of the HBO show
> Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel. The story was strictly about steroid use
> in healthy adult males. In other words, it doesn't apply to women and
> children. At any rate, there was a bunch of stuff in it I didn't know.
> Most notably, that there is not a single long-term study that connects
> steroids to death or serious health issues. Not a single one.
A shrunken sac and bitch tits are not serious issues?

Fish! - of Arcadia.
July 1st 05, 04:48 AM
In article >, says...

No ****head they're not.

--

"Developers,Developers,Developers,Developers"

WillBrink
July 1st 05, 03:03 PM
In article >, "ATP*" >
wrote:

> "nikko" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> > Just saw an eye-opening piece on steroid use in a segment of the HBO show
> > Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel. The story was strictly about steroid use
> > in healthy adult males. In other words, it doesn't apply to women and
> > children. At any rate, there was a bunch of stuff in it I didn't know.
> > Most notably, that there is not a single long-term study that connects
> > steroids to death or serious health issues. Not a single one.
> A shrunken sac and bitch tits are not serious issues?

Well no actually, not from a medical point of view and of course those
particular side effects can be avoided easy enough.

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/