PDA

View Full Version : does anything really do what creatine does?

Joey2509
October 5th 03, 02:04 PM
I know creatine works, when I take it I get much stronger and gain some size,
not alot but around 5 lbs. What else really works. I know they say creatine
that is the only thing that studies have proved works. Anything else for a guy
like me who need every edge?

Chupacabra
October 5th 03, 02:09 PM
On 05 Oct 2003 13:04:13 GMT, (Joey2509) wrote:

>I know creatine works, when I take it I get much stronger and gain some size,
>not alot but around 5 lbs. What else really works. I know they say creatine
>that is the only thing that studies have proved works. Anything else for a guy
>like me who need every edge?

Food.

Joey2509
October 5th 03, 04:48 PM
Well I eat very well, but again does has anybody done well with some of the
stuff on the market

buddhabellybum
October 5th 03, 08:15 PM
you need to state your age, height, weight, bodyfat percentage, exercise
regimen, diet, and other supplements you're currently taking or have taken.
this is the only way anybody can really help you on this message board.

Kurt

"Joey2509" > wrote in message
> I know creatine works, when I take it I get much stronger and gain some
size,
> not alot but around 5 lbs. What else really works. I know they say
creatine
> that is the only thing that studies have proved works. Anything else for a
guy
> like me who need every edge?

Oldman
October 6th 03, 05:16 AM
Joey, creatine is one of the substances in your muscles which has to do
with energy production. When you use your muscles at substance called
adenosine triphosphate transfers to adenosine diphosphate. Adenosone
Triphosphate will be abbreviated ATP. Adenosine diphophate will be
abbreviated ADP. ATP is converted to ADP and releases energy your muscles
can use. ATP -> ADP + energy. However The amount of ATP is limited and if
not replaced the muscle would quit functioning for this example. Creatine
phosphate restores the phosphate molecule at ADP and transforms it to ATP.
Creatine phosphate + ADP -> + creatine +ATP. This is one of several systems
your body uses to furnish energy to the muscles. This is what your body
uses for short term energy needs. Anyway supplementing creatine phosphate
does not make the muscle fibers grow as much as it swells them up with extra
creatine. You should notice you can work out with more intensity and more
reps etc. This will not act like protein and actually build the muscle
tissue, only it will let you train harder and have more energy. The higher
protein and fat intake you strive for when you arre gaining weight will
allow the actual muscle mass increases. The formula is gradual increasing
intensity with more weights and reps plus added bodyweight gain from good
food and supplements if uou can afford them equals more muscle...

"Joey2509" > wrote in message
> I know creatine works, when I take it I get much stronger and gain some
size,
> not alot but around 5 lbs. What else really works. I know they say
creatine
> that is the only thing that studies have proved works. Anything else for a
guy
> like me who need every edge?

abscam
October 6th 03, 07:03 AM
(Joey2509) wrote in message >...
> I know creatine works, when I take it I get much stronger and gain some size,
> not alot but around 5 lbs. What else really works. I know they say creatine
> that is the only thing that studies have proved works. Anything else for a guy
> like me who need every edge?

you wanna gain size and strength? ...squat...hard and heavy...stop
looking for gains in a bottle and put some serious effort into your
workouts...if you dont feel like puking when your done squatting, you
arent even close to putting in the effort needed to get the
edge...peace out

Lyle McDonald
October 6th 03, 07:19 AM
abscam wrote:

> (Joey2509) wrote in message >...
> > I know creatine works, when I take it I get much stronger and gain some size,
> > not alot but around 5 lbs. What else really works. I know they say creatine
> > that is the only thing that studies have proved works. Anything else for a guy
> > like me who need every edge?
>
> you wanna gain size and strength? ...squat...hard and heavy...stop
> looking for gains in a bottle and put some serious effort into your
> workouts...if you dont feel like puking when your done squatting, you
> arent even close to putting in the effort needed to get the
> edge...peace out

I remember a few years ago, I had a friend who owned a supplement company.
He always asked me to design him something that would 'really work'.

I told him to make a product that would get lifters to work hard in the
gym and watch their diet.

Lyle

mg
October 6th 03, 11:32 AM
"buddhabellybum" > wrote in message >...
> you need to state your age, height, weight, bodyfat percentage, exercise
> regimen, diet, and other supplements you're currently taking or have taken.
> this is the only way anybody can really help you on this message board.
>
> Kurt
>
> "Joey2509" > wrote in message
> > I know creatine works, when I take it I get much stronger and gain some
> size,
> > not alot but around 5 lbs. What else really works. I know they say
> creatine
> > that is the only thing that studies have proved works. Anything else for a
> guy
> > like me who need every edge?

I have heard that if youy try an amino acid course it will help and
give you that extra edge.?

buddhabellybum
October 6th 03, 03:15 PM
sorry mg, i can't help you with that one. you might want to try:
http://www.bodybuilding.com

also, you might want to start a new post on this subject and the resident
experts can help you out.

Kurt

"mg" > wrote in message
m...
> "buddhabellybum" > wrote in message
> > you need to state your age, height, weight, bodyfat percentage, exercise
> > regimen, diet, and other supplements you're currently taking or have
taken.
> > this is the only way anybody can really help you on this message board.
> >
> > Kurt
> >
> > "Joey2509" > wrote in message
> > > I know creatine works, when I take it I get much stronger and gain
some
> > size,
> > > not alot but around 5 lbs. What else really works. I know they say
> > creatine
> > > that is the only thing that studies have proved works. Anything else
for a
> > guy
> > > like me who need every edge?
>
> I have heard that if youy try an amino acid course it will help and
> give you that extra edge.?

Dan Finn
October 6th 03, 05:00 PM
On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 01:19:59 -0500, Lyle McDonald
> wrote:

>abscam wrote:
>>
>> (Joey2509) wrote in message >...
>> > I know creatine works, when I take it I get much stronger and gain some size,
>> > not alot but around 5 lbs. What else really works. I know they say creatine
>> > that is the only thing that studies have proved works. Anything else for a guy
>> > like me who need every edge?
>>
>> you wanna gain size and strength? ...squat...hard and heavy...stop
>> looking for gains in a bottle and put some serious effort into your
>> workouts...if you dont feel like puking when your done squatting, you
>> arent even close to putting in the effort needed to get the
>> edge...peace out
>
>I remember a few years ago, I had a friend who owned a supplement company.
>He always asked me to design him something that would 'really work'.
>
>I told him to make a product that would get lifters to work hard in the
>gym and watch their diet.

i thought that was the idea behind, what the hell was that called, the
90 day regimine of every type of supplement and their special diet and
program. Basically, when you dropped $125US on the kit, it was enough
money that most people would actually follow the workout and diet and,
BAM, it would actually work.

dan finn
mfw : this ain't spa lady

Lyle McDonald
October 6th 03, 05:42 PM
Dan Finn wrote:

> On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 01:19:59 -0500, Lyle McDonald
> > wrote:
>
> >abscam wrote:

> >> you wanna gain size and strength? ...squat...hard and heavy...stop
> >> looking for gains in a bottle and put some serious effort into your
> >> workouts...if you dont feel like puking when your done squatting, you
> >> arent even close to putting in the effort needed to get the
> >> edge...peace out
> >
> >I remember a few years ago, I had a friend who owned a supplement company.
> >He always asked me to design him something that would 'really work'.
> >
> >I told him to make a product that would get lifters to work hard in the
> >gym and watch their diet.
> >

> i thought that was the idea behind, what the hell was that called, the
> 90 day regimine of every type of supplement and their special diet and
> program. Basically, when you dropped $125US on the kit, it was enough
> money that most people would actually follow the workout and diet and,
> BAM, it would actually work.

Cybergenics is probably what you're thinking about.

Lyle

Dan Finn
October 7th 03, 05:10 PM
On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 11:42:31 -0500, Lyle McDonald
> wrote:

>Dan Finn wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 01:19:59 -0500, Lyle McDonald
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >I told him to make a product that would get lifters to work hard in the
>> >gym and watch their diet.
>> >

>> i thought that was the idea behind, what the hell was that called, the
>> 90 day regimine of every type of supplement and their special diet and
>> program. Basically, when you dropped $125US on the kit, it was enough
>> money that most people would actually follow the workout and diet and,
>> BAM, it would actually work.
>
>Cybergenics is probably what you're thinking about.

yeah, i remembered the name this morning at 0445 when i was driving to
the gym. I imagine there is a threshold for everyone, that where they
spend a certain amount of money, they will actually train hard and eat
well to get the most out of whatever gee-wiz contraption or supplement
they bought. It used to be a new pair of sneekers for me.

dan finn
mfw : this ain't spa lady

Lyle McDonald
October 7th 03, 05:56 PM
Dan Finn wrote:

> On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 11:42:31 -0500, Lyle McDonald
> > wrote:
>
> >Dan Finn wrote:
> >>
> >> On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 01:19:59 -0500, Lyle McDonald

> >> i thought that was the idea behind, what the hell was that called, the
> >> 90 day regimine of every type of supplement and their special diet and
> >> program. Basically, when you dropped $125US on the kit, it was enough
> >> money that most people would actually follow the workout and diet and,
> >> BAM, it would actually work.
> >
> >Cybergenics is probably what you're thinking about.
> >

> yeah, i remembered the name this morning at 0445 when i was driving to
> the gym. I imagine there is a threshold for everyone, that where they
> spend a certain amount of money, they will actually train hard and eat
> well to get the most out of whatever gee-wiz contraption or supplement
> they bought. It used to be a new pair of sneekers for me.

Sure, basic placebo effect.
The supps and stuff in Cybergenics were all crap.

Any results came from the diet/training program which was, to put it
mildly, rediculous.

but if throwing away a ton of money and having to take bottles of supps
makes people train harder than they ever have, they will probably get
results. Just not for the reason they think.

My next book is going to cost $349.95 to take advantage of this.

Lyle

Dan Finn
October 7th 03, 06:12 PM
On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 11:56:58 -0500, Lyle McDonald
> wrote:

>Dan Finn wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 11:42:31 -0500, Lyle McDonald
>> > wrote:

>> >Cybergenics is probably what you're thinking about.
>> >

>> yeah, i remembered the name this morning at 0445 when i was driving to
>> the gym. I imagine there is a threshold for everyone, that where they
>> spend a certain amount of money, they will actually train hard and eat
>> well to get the most out of whatever gee-wiz contraption or supplement
>> they bought. It used to be a new pair of sneekers for me.
>
>Sure, basic placebo effect.
>The supps and stuff in Cybergenics were all crap.
>
>Any results came from the diet/training program which was, to put it
>mildly, rediculous.
>
>but if throwing away a ton of money and having to take bottles of supps
>makes people train harder than they ever have, they will probably get
>results. Just not for the reason they think.
>
>My next book is going to cost $349.95 to take advantage of this.

yeah, dudes are selling your ketogenic book via amazon, used, for over
$100. Spnd that much on a book, I'll read every word and abide by
them, at least until bored. :-0

Read a study a while back on the placebo effect based on the color,
size, and cost of hte plecebo. The ones that cost more and were
colorful gave better results then the plain cheap sugar pills. Mind
is a powerful thing.

dan finn
mfw : this ain't spa lady

Lyle McDonald
October 7th 03, 06:20 PM
Dan Finn wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 11:56:58 -0500, Lyle McDonald
> > wrote:
>
> >Dan Finn wrote:
> >>
> >> On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 11:42:31 -0500, Lyle McDonald

> >> yeah, i remembered the name this morning at 0445 when i was driving to
> >> the gym. I imagine there is a threshold for everyone, that where they
> >> spend a certain amount of money, they will actually train hard and eat
> >> well to get the most out of whatever gee-wiz contraption or supplement
> >> they bought. It used to be a new pair of sneekers for me.
> >
> >Sure, basic placebo effect.
> >The supps and stuff in Cybergenics were all crap.
> >
> >Any results came from the diet/training program which was, to put it
> >mildly, rediculous.
> >
> >but if throwing away a ton of money and having to take bottles of supps
> >makes people train harder than they ever have, they will probably get
> >results. Just not for the reason they think.
> >
> >My next book is going to cost $349.95 to take advantage of this.
> >

> yeah, dudes are selling your ketogenic book via amazon, used, for over
> $100. Spnd that much on a book, I'll read every word and abide by
> them, at least until bored. :-0

Make me want ot print more and sell them msyelf on Amazon for $100.
****.

> Read a study a while back on the placebo effect based on the color,
> size, and cost of hte plecebo. The ones that cost more and were
> colorful gave better results then the plain cheap sugar pills. Mind
> is a powerful thing.

The mind is a terrible thing to taste.

Lyle

DRS
October 7th 03, 06:35 PM
Lyle McDonald > wrote in message

[...]

> The mind is a terrible thing to taste.

Not even with fava beans and a good Chianti?

--

A: Top-posters.

Dan Finn
October 7th 03, 06:54 PM
On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 12:20:44 -0500, Lyle McDonald
> wrote:

>Dan Finn wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 11:56:58 -0500, Lyle McDonald
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >My next book is going to cost $349.95 to take advantage of this.
>> >

>> yeah, dudes are selling your ketogenic book via amazon, used, for over
>> $100. Spnd that much on a book, I'll read every word and abide by
>> them, at least until bored. :-0
>
>Make me want ot print more and sell them msyelf on Amazon for $100.
>****.

and when will it be re-published? Fat non-inspired minds want to know.
;-)

dan finn
mfw : this ain't spa lady

Lyle McDonald
October 7th 03, 06:56 PM
Dan Finn wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 12:20:44 -0500, Lyle McDonald
> > wrote:
>
> >Dan Finn wrote:
> >>
> >> On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 11:56:58 -0500, Lyle McDonald

> >> yeah, dudes are selling your ketogenic book via amazon, used, for over
> >> $100. Spnd that much on a book, I'll read every word and abide by
> >> them, at least until bored. :-0
> >
> >Make me want ot print more and sell them msyelf on Amazon for $100.
> >****.
> >
> and when will it be re-published? Fat non-inspired minds want to know.
> ;-)

4-5 weeks

Lyle

james75
November 2nd 05, 02:56 PM
try a herb called sarsaparrilla, I drank it two years ago because I was very thin and I got 4 kilos without so much work, I read on internet that it has a kind of natural testosterone and that in old times it was used in Spain and Mexico to increase manliness in young men.
The only contraindication is that if you drink it for a long time or abuse, it can produce gastritis, so the best way is to drink the tea for two or three weeks twice a day, and wait other two ot three weeks before drinking again,
I drank the tea just for two periods and I never lost those new kiloes and never felt sick, on the contrary I felt more active.
Sarsaparrilla in my country is sold in natural drugstores.