PDA

View Full Version : Re: Joan Rivers and Stern "packs the heat"

MaxHeadroom
July 20th 05, 04:49 PM
"WillBrink" > wrote in message
> More amazing examples of stars who are pro gun control who have a
> lisence to carry a fire arm. The one that really floors me however (not
> mentioned in this article) is Mr Anti gun herself, Diane Feinstein, has
> a CCW. That level of hypocrisy boggles the mind.

There is no hypocrisy to being pro gun control and having a gun.
There is no hypocrisy to being pro gun control and having a permit to carry
a concealed weapon.

Dr. Dickie
July 20th 05, 05:08 PM
"MaxHeadroom" > wrote in message
m...
> "WillBrink" > wrote in message
> > More amazing examples of stars who are pro gun control who have a
> > lisence to carry a fire arm. The one that really floors me however (not
> > mentioned in this article) is Mr Anti gun herself, Diane Feinstein, has
> > a CCW. That level of hypocrisy boggles the mind.
>
> There is no hypocrisy to being pro gun control and having a gun.
> There is no hypocrisy to being pro gun control and having a permit to
carry
> a concealed weapon.

If you believe that the pro gun control lobby is interested in simply
"controlling" guns and allowing law abiding citizen to own and use firearms.
Then you lack the necessary mental acuity to engage in reasonable discourse.
Otherwise, you are simply dishonest.

--

Dr. Dickie
"Let be be finale of seem.

WillBrink
July 20th 05, 05:17 PM
In article >,
"MaxHeadroom" > wrote:

> "WillBrink" > wrote in message
> > More amazing examples of stars who are pro gun control who have a
> > lisence to carry a fire arm. The one that really floors me however (not
> > mentioned in this article) is Mr Anti gun herself, Diane Feinstein, has
> > a CCW. That level of hypocrisy boggles the mind.
>
> There is no hypocrisy to being pro gun control and having a gun.

Of course there is.

> There is no hypocrisy to being pro gun control and having a permit to carry
> a concealed weapon.

Of course there is.It is an inherently hypocritical position to try and
deny people a right you already enjoy due to your economic/political
clout. Thatıs exactly what the Const. was designed to prevent.

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

WillBrink
July 20th 05, 05:19 PM
In article <[email protected] ws>,
"Dr. Dickie" > wrote:

> "MaxHeadroom" > wrote in message
> m...
> > "WillBrink" > wrote in message
> > > More amazing examples of stars who are pro gun control who have a
> > > lisence to carry a fire arm. The one that really floors me however (not
> > > mentioned in this article) is Mr Anti gun herself, Diane Feinstein, has
> > > a CCW. That level of hypocrisy boggles the mind.
> >
> > There is no hypocrisy to being pro gun control and having a gun.
> > There is no hypocrisy to being pro gun control and having a permit to
> carry
> > a concealed weapon.
> >

> If you believe that the pro gun control lobby is interested in simply
> "controlling" guns and allowing law abiding citizen to own and use firearms.
> Then you lack the necessary mental acuity to engage in reasonable discourse.
> Otherwise, you are simply dishonest.

I have to meet a anti gun type who was not intellectually dishonest.
Itıs the only possible way to maintain that position in the face of
data, logic, and history that shows the folly of gun control.

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

Lee Michaels
July 20th 05, 05:46 PM
"WillBrink" > wrote in message
> In article <[email protected] ws>,
> "Dr. Dickie" > wrote:
>
>> "MaxHeadroom" > wrote in message
>> m...
>> >
>> > There is no hypocrisy to being pro gun control and having a gun.
>> > There is no hypocrisy to being pro gun control and having a permit to
>> carry
>> > a concealed weapon.
>> >

>> If you believe that the pro gun control lobby is interested in simply
>> "controlling" guns and allowing law abiding citizen to own and use
>> firearms.
>> Then you lack the necessary mental acuity to engage in reasonable
>> discourse.
>> Otherwise, you are simply dishonest.
>
> I have to meet a anti gun type who was not intellectually dishonest.
> Itıs the only possible way to maintain that position in the face of
> data, logic, and history that shows the folly of gun control.

Not to mention their victimization religion.

The basic tenent of victimization is that if you are faced with danger, you
just lay down and die. This accomplishes two things. The bad guys will play
nice. And if they don't, we get more victims.

Thus confirming victimization.

WillBrink
July 20th 05, 06:09 PM
In article >,
"JC Der Koenig" > wrote:

> "WillBrink" > wrote in message
> > In article <[email protected] ws>,
> > "Dr. Dickie" > wrote:
> >
> >> "MaxHeadroom" > wrote in message
> >> m...

> >> carry
> >> >

> >> If you believe that the pro gun control lobby is interested in simply
> >> "controlling" guns and allowing law abiding citizen to own and use
> >> firearms.
> >> Then you lack the necessary mental acuity to engage in reasonable
> >> discourse.
> >> Otherwise, you are simply dishonest.
> >
> > I have to meet a anti gun type who was not intellectually dishonest.
> > Itıs the only possible way to maintain that position in the face of
> > data, logic, and history that shows the folly of gun control.
> >

> The same goes for anti-drug types.

Agreed 100%.

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

WillBrink
July 20th 05, 06:11 PM
In article >,
"Lee Michaels" > wrote:

> > I have to meet a anti gun type who was not intellectually dishonest.
> > Itıs the only possible way to maintain that position in the face of
> > data, logic, and history that shows the folly of gun control.
> >
> Not to mention their victimization religion.
>
> The basic tenent of victimization is that if you are faced with danger, you
> just lay down and die. This accomplishes two things. The bad guys will play
> nice. And if they don't, we get more victims.
>
> Thus confirming victimization.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are
neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws
make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they
serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides,
for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed
man." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria in On Crimes and
punishment - (1764).

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/