http://images.google.com/images?q=john+basedow&hl=en

Donovan Rebbechi
July 22nd 05, 06:38 PM
On 2005-07-22, > wrote:
> Do you think this guy's body is real or does he have plastic surgery??
>

> http://images.google.com/images?q=john+basedow&hl=en

He's well built, but he's not even close to being as big or strong as an IFBB
pro bodybuilder. He has a natural 'V shape' (somewhat broad shoulders, thin
waist), and low bodyfat, which makes him look quite muscular. But not impossibly
so. Most runners and cyclists have similarly low bodyfat, indeed most top
sprinters are probably stronger have better physiques.

Also, it's possible that he doesn't maintain that sort of condition year round:
he could diet himself down about 10lb when he's making one of his training
videos, then "fatten up" again.

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

WillBrink
July 22nd 05, 07:03 PM
In article . com>,
wrote:

> Do you think this guy's body is real or does he have plastic surgery??

Why would you think "platic surgery"?

> http://images.google.com/images?q=john+basedow&hl=en

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

The Gist
July 23rd 05, 03:46 PM
wrote:
> Do you think this guy's body is real or does he have plastic surgery??
>

> http://images.google.com/images?q=john+basedow&hl=en

ha ha ha ha. I cannot tell but every time I see that guy's low budget tv
commercial I laugh. The best part is that he is introduced as
"fitness celebrity" john basedow.
ha ha ha ha "fitness celebrity"

WooferBearATL
July 24th 05, 01:56 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Do you think this guy's body is real or does he have plastic surgery??
>

> http://images.google.com/images?q=john+basedow&hl=en

He'd have surgery to look like that? Man, someone needs to be askin for
their money back.

Curt James
July 24th 05, 04:32 PM
WillBrink wrote:
> wrote:

re John Basedow

> > Do you think this guy's body is real
> > or does he have plastic surgery??
>
> Why would you think "platic surgery"?

Why would you put plastic surgery in quotes, Brink? And you misspelled
it to boot! The OP spelled it correctly.

Rich, did you mean his physique or his face? He may be wearing a wig
and his eyebrows look shaped or plucked, but, other than that, he just
looks like a built guy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/crowebar/basedow.jpg

Fitness celebrity (mentioned elsewhere) is hella funny, but with all
the fitness guru competition, a little (okay, LOTS OF) self-promotion
is necessary, I'd guess.

I've never seen his show (also mentioned elsewhere in this thread) but
I wouldn't be surprised if they used makeup. It's a video, after all.
He's paying to have himself filmed in order to promote his product,
right? http://www.fitnessmadesimple.com/

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

Scott
July 25th 05, 07:59 PM
WooferBearATL wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>Do you think this guy's body is real or does he have plastic surgery??
>>

>>http://images.google.com/images?q=john+basedow&hl=en
>>

> He'd have surgery to look like that? Man, someone needs to be askin for
> their money back.

I thought I read he died in the tsunami, in which case the
plastic surgery question is moot.

Scott

JMW
July 25th 05, 09:23 PM
Scott wrote:
> WooferBearATL wrote:
> > > wrote:
> >
> >>Do you think this guy's body is real or does he have plastic surgery??
> >>
> >>http://images.google.com/images?q=john+basedow&hl=en
> >
> > He'd have surgery to look like that? Man, someone needs to be askin for
> > their money back.
>
> I thought I read he died in the tsunami, in which case the
> plastic surgery question is moot.

"[T]he report of my death was an exaggeration."
--- Samuel Langhorne Clemens aka Mark Twain

It appears that the same is true of Mr. Basedow:
http://www.fitnessmadesimple.com/

Messalina
July 25th 05, 11:41 PM
Do you think this guy's body is real or does he have plastic surgery??

http://images.google.com/images?q=john+basedow&hl=en

Real. His face is so drawn he looks anorexic.

Mez