PDA

View Full Version : does anybody else do this?

buddhabellybum
October 8th 03, 04:45 PM
1. when i sprint, i pretend i'm in a movie where the explosions behind me
are coming closer and i gotta run like my life depended on it.
2. when i'm in sams club or cost co, i literally run though the aisles with
my cart. that place is so huge i can easily spend an extra half hour there
that i don't need. also, it's a great work out and works the endurance. i
do get the weirdest looks though from the shop employees but **** it, i
don't care.
3. i can't really seem to talk to any of the bally fitness staff but i love
talking to all the old people there.

Kurt

Proton Soup
October 8th 03, 09:05 PM
On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 11:45:46 -0400, "buddhabellybum"
> wrote:

>1. when i sprint, i pretend i'm in a movie where the explosions behind me
>are coming closer and i gotta run like my life depended on it.

No, but I've got an uncle who gets flashbacks to his Korean medic
days. Do you also hear the Flight of the Valkyries playing in the
background?

FWIW, I like to run in the woods, and sometimes find myself fleeing
biting flies. I call it the predator-prey workout. It's patent
pending, so inquire for a license if you'd like to try it.

Proton Soup

Lyle McDonald
October 9th 03, 04:49 AM
buddhabellybum wrote:

> 2. when i'm in sams club or cost co, i literally run though the aisles with
> my cart. that place is so huge i can easily spend an extra half hour there
> that i don't need. also, it's a great work out and works the endurance. i
> do get the weirdest looks though from the shop employees but **** it, i
> don't care.

I frequently surf the shopping carts at the grocery store.
Get a little bit of a run, hop on to the cart, kick with the foot to
keep up speed.

Lyle

Donovan Rebbechi
October 9th 03, 04:35 PM
In article >, Lyle McDonald wrote:
> buddhabellybum wrote:
>
>> 2. when i'm in sams club or cost co, i literally run though the aisles with
>> my cart. that place is so huge i can easily spend an extra half hour there
>> that i don't need. also, it's a great work out and works the endurance. i
>> do get the weirdest looks though from the shop employees but **** it, i
>> don't care.
>
> I frequently surf the shopping carts at the grocery store.
> Get a little bit of a run, hop on to the cart, kick with the foot to
> keep up speed.

I wonder what would happen if a critical mass of the monkeys at your gym saw you
doing that ?

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

Lyle McDonald
October 9th 03, 05:12 PM
Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> In article >, Lyle McDonald wrote:
> > buddhabellybum wrote:
> >
> >> 2. when i'm in sams club or cost co, i literally run though the aisles with
> >> my cart. that place is so huge i can easily spend an extra half hour there
> >> that i don't need. also, it's a great work out and works the endurance. i
> >> do get the weirdest looks though from the shop employees but **** it, i
> >> don't care.
> >
> > I frequently surf the shopping carts at the grocery store.
> > Get a little bit of a run, hop on to the cart, kick with the foot to
> > keep up speed.
>
> I wonder what would happen if a critical mass of the monkeys at your gym saw you
> doing that ?

Chaos, chaos i tell you.
It'd be cool.

Lyle

Mikelle Fischer
October 9th 03, 11:34 PM
Lyle McDonald wrote:
> buddhabellybum wrote:
>
>> 2. when i'm in sams club or cost co, i literally run though the
>> aisles with my cart. that place is so huge i can easily spend an
>> extra half hour there that i don't need. also, it's a great work
>> out and works the endurance. i do get the weirdest looks though
>> from the shop employees but **** it, i don't care.
>
> I frequently surf the shopping carts at the grocery store.
> Get a little bit of a run, hop on to the cart, kick with the foot to
> keep up speed.
>
> Lyle

Me too! :-)

Nash
October 10th 03, 03:21 AM
The cart in my store flips when I tried to surf. I've only tried it
once, maybe I should load up first....I'll let you guys know. :)