PDA

View Full Version : Is Ibuprofen Safe?

Bill
August 27th 05, 07:46 PM
I have recently read that approximately 20,000 deaths each year are
attributed to Nsaids such as Ibuprofen. Do you use any Nsaids? Have you had
problems. Ibuprofen works so well for me but I don't want to bleed to death.

Bill

OmManiPadmeOmelet
August 27th 05, 07:58 PM
In article >,
"Bill" > wrote:

> I have recently read that approximately 20,000 deaths each year are
> attributed to Nsaids such as Ibuprofen. Do you use any Nsaids? Have you had
> problems. Ibuprofen works so well for me but I don't want to bleed to death.
>
> Bill

Take it with food and don't abuse it, and you most likely won't.....

For me, Ibuprofen is the ONLY pain killer that really works reliably.
I even like it better than codiene.

Aspirin works ok too, but it makes my ears ring rather badly.
And it's just as hard on the stomach.

Tylenol and Alieve are crap.
They don't work at ALL for me.
I've co-workers that agree with me.

Cheers!
--
Om.

Bill
August 27th 05, 08:02 PM
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Bill" > wrote:
>
>> I have recently read that approximately 20,000 deaths each year are
>> attributed to Nsaids such as Ibuprofen. Do you use any Nsaids? Have you
>> had
>> problems. Ibuprofen works so well for me but I don't want to bleed to
>> death.
>>
>> Bill
>>

> Take it with food and don't abuse it, and you most likely won't.....
>
> For me, Ibuprofen is the ONLY pain killer that really works reliably.
> I even like it better than codiene.
>
> Aspirin works ok too, but it makes my ears ring rather badly.
> And it's just as hard on the stomach.
>
> Tylenol and Alieve are crap.
> They don't work at ALL for me.
> I've co-workers that agree with me

So how many do you take at a time? Do you take it to help you workout pain
free?

Bill

OmManiPadmeOmelet
August 27th 05, 08:20 PM
In article >,
"Bill" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "Bill" > wrote:
> >
> >> I have recently read that approximately 20,000 deaths each year are
> >> attributed to Nsaids such as Ibuprofen. Do you use any Nsaids? Have you
> >> had
> >> problems. Ibuprofen works so well for me but I don't want to bleed to
> >> death.
> >>
> >> Bill
> >>

> > Take it with food and don't abuse it, and you most likely won't.....
> >
> > For me, Ibuprofen is the ONLY pain killer that really works reliably.
> > I even like it better than codiene.
> >
> > Aspirin works ok too, but it makes my ears ring rather badly.
> > And it's just as hard on the stomach.
> >
> > Tylenol and Alieve are crap.
> > They don't work at ALL for me.
> > I've co-workers that agree with me
>
> So how many do you take at a time? Do you take it to help you workout pain
> free?
>
> Bill

No. ;-)
To me, taking it for weight lifting would be abuse.
DOMS are not something that bother me...

I only take it for severe pain, annoying headaches or when I am ill. It
works great as a cough suppressant as it soothes an irritated throat.

As for dosage, the maximum dosage is 800 mg. (4 of the over the counter
generic ones). It depends on how I feel. If I really feel bad enough to
use it, I confess to taking the maximum dose, but ALWAYS with food!

I don't actually use it often. Last week when I had that nasty little
head cold, I went thru quite a bit of it but I don't use it on anywhere
near a "routine" basis.

If the arthritis in my knees bothers me, vibrator massage helps that a
lot, as do high doses of Evening Primrose Oil. EPO is a natural and safe
anti-inflammatory. You may consider that for chronic pain. It takes a
bit of time, but it does work. Load with 3 grams per day (3,000 mg.) for
3 days then switch to 1,000 mg. twice per day for a couple of weeks.
When you start feeling better, cut it to 1,000 mg. per day maintenance
dose.

Why do you feel you need to take it for working out? It does not hurt
THAT bad (no pain no gain and all that <G>) and I understand that the
abuse of NSAIDS can slow progress on hypertrophy. I've read that
numerous times.

I've found that the endorphin "rush" I get at the gym right after a
heavy lift (especially deadlifts) more than takes care of any residual
pain while I'm there.

It's hours later when the DOMS hit that I really feel it.
Then I do some deep breathing and stretching out to relieve the
stiffness.

Take a nice hot soaking bath with some epson salts if you are really
uncomfortable.

Cheers!
--
Om.

Peter Allen
August 27th 05, 08:30 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article >,
> "Bill" > wrote:
>
>> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message

>>> Take it with food and don't abuse it, and you most likely won't.....
>>>
>>> For me, Ibuprofen is the ONLY pain killer that really works
>>> reliably. I even like it better than codiene.
>>>
>>> Aspirin works ok too, but it makes my ears ring rather badly.
>>> And it's just as hard on the stomach.
>>>
>>> Tylenol and Alieve are crap.
>>> They don't work at ALL for me.
>>> I've co-workers that agree with me
>>
>> So how many do you take at a time? Do you take it to help you
>> workout pain free?
>>
>> Bill
>>

> No. ;-)
> To me, taking it for weight lifting would be abuse.
> DOMS are not something that bother me...
>
> I only take it for severe pain, annoying headaches or when I am ill.
> It works great as a cough suppressant as it soothes an irritated
> throat.
>
> As for dosage, the maximum dosage is 800 mg. (4 of the over the
> counter generic ones). It depends on how I feel. If I really feel bad
> enough to use it, I confess to taking the maximum dose, but ALWAYS
> with food!
>
> I don't actually use it often. Last week when I had that nasty little
> head cold, I went thru quite a bit of it but I don't use it on
> anywhere near a "routine" basis.

That's when you can (n=1 anecdote follows) have problems. Use it to cope
with, say, a stress fractured rib, for 4 weeks, and you can find you get
sensitised and throw up after eating one. Still fine to apply on a problem
area as a gel, though.

> If the arthritis in my knees bothers me, vibrator massage helps that a
> lot, as do high doses of Evening Primrose Oil. EPO is a natural and
> safe anti-inflammatory.

Not a good choice of acronym...

Peter

OmManiPadmeOmelet
August 27th 05, 08:45 PM
In article >,
"Peter Allen" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > In article >,

> >> So how many do you take at a time? Do you take it to help you
> >> workout pain free?
> >>
> >> Bill
> >>

> > No. ;-)
> > To me, taking it for weight lifting would be abuse.
> > DOMS are not something that bother me...
> >
> > I only take it for severe pain, annoying headaches or when I am ill.
> > It works great as a cough suppressant as it soothes an irritated
> > throat.
> >
> > As for dosage, the maximum dosage is 800 mg. (4 of the over the
> > counter generic ones). It depends on how I feel. If I really feel bad
> > enough to use it, I confess to taking the maximum dose, but ALWAYS
> > with food!
> >
> > I don't actually use it often. Last week when I had that nasty little
> > head cold, I went thru quite a bit of it but I don't use it on
> > anywhere near a "routine" basis.
>
> That's when you can (n=1 anecdote follows) have problems. Use it to cope
> with, say, a stress fractured rib, for 4 weeks, and you can find you get
> sensitised and throw up after eating one. Still fine to apply on a problem
> area as a gel, though.

Ibuprofen Gel?
I'm not familiar with that?

> > If the arthritis in my knees bothers me, vibrator massage helps that a
> > lot, as do high doses of Evening Primrose Oil. EPO is a natural and
> > safe anti-inflammatory.
>
> Not a good choice of acronym...

Heh, true.
That also stands for Erythropoietin I believe?

--
Om.

spodosaurus
August 27th 05, 09:03 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article >,
> "Peter Allen" > wrote:
>

>>OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

>>>No. ;-)
>>>To me, taking it for weight lifting would be abuse.
>>>DOMS are not something that bother me...
>>>
>>>I only take it for severe pain, annoying headaches or when I am ill.
>>>It works great as a cough suppressant as it soothes an irritated
>>>throat.
>>>
>>>As for dosage, the maximum dosage is 800 mg. (4 of the over the
>>>counter generic ones). It depends on how I feel. If I really feel bad
>>>enough to use it, I confess to taking the maximum dose, but ALWAYS
>>>with food!
>>>
>>>I don't actually use it often. Last week when I had that nasty little
>>>head cold, I went thru quite a bit of it but I don't use it on
>>>anywhere near a "routine" basis.
>>
>>That's when you can (n=1 anecdote follows) have problems. Use it to cope
>>with, say, a stress fractured rib, for 4 weeks, and you can find you get
>>sensitised and throw up after eating one. Still fine to apply on a problem
>>area as a gel, though.
>

> Ibuprofen Gel?
> I'm not familiar with that?
>

>>>If the arthritis in my knees bothers me, vibrator massage helps that a
>>>lot, as do high doses of Evening Primrose Oil. EPO is a natural and
>>>safe anti-inflammatory.
>>
>>Not a good choice of acronym...
>

> Heh, true.
> That also stands for Erythropoietin I believe?

yep

>>Peter

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

Bill
August 27th 05, 09:07 PM
> Why do you feel you need to take it for working out? It does not hurt
> THAT bad (no pain no gain and all that <G>) and I understand that the
> abuse of NSAIDS can slow progress on hypertrophy. I've read that
> numerous times.

I don't take it for working out. I just wondered if anyone does. I take it
sparingly. I've had a lot of joint pains, even since I was a child. Some
days I have had severe joint pain, shoulders, wrist, knees... But it always
goes away within a day or two.

> I've found that the endorphin "rush" I get at the gym right after a
> heavy lift (especially deadlifts) more than takes care of any residual
> pain while I'm there.

I got that out of my system a long time ago. The heavy, dangerous stuff,
that is.

> It's hours later when the DOMS hit that I really feel it.
> Then I do some deep breathing and stretching out to relieve the
> stiffness.

I do LOTS of streching and it certainly helps.

> Take a nice hot soaking bath with some epson salts if you are really
> uncomfortable.

I make lots of use of my heating pad.

Bill

OmManiPadmeOmelet
August 27th 05, 09:38 PM
In article >,
"Bill" > wrote:

> > Why do you feel you need to take it for working out? It does not hurt
> > THAT bad (no pain no gain and all that <G>) and I understand that the
> > abuse of NSAIDS can slow progress on hypertrophy. I've read that
> > numerous times.
>
> I don't take it for working out. I just wondered if anyone does. I take it
> sparingly. I've had a lot of joint pains, even since I was a child. Some
> days I have had severe joint pain, shoulders, wrist, knees... But it always
> goes away within a day or two.

Bummer.
Any idea of the cause?

> > I've found that the endorphin "rush" I get at the gym right after a
> > heavy lift (especially deadlifts) more than takes care of any residual
> > pain while I'm there.
>
> I got that out of my system a long time ago. The heavy, dangerous stuff,
> that is.

But, but, that's what makes weightlifting FUN!
Just kidding. I've been pushing myself the last 3 weeks just trying to
see where I am really at now that I've been back at it for a decent time
period. I need to see what I can do, then go from there.

My DL is only 160 lbs. for pity sake! That's wimp weight. :-P
But, that is for reps. I've no idea what my 1RM is.
I'm trying to build it 5 lbs. per week. I'm working back up after a 10
year layoff.

I'm not even telling what my bench press is...

I'm 43.

> > It's hours later when the DOMS hit that I really feel it.
> > Then I do some deep breathing and stretching out to relieve the
> > stiffness.
>
> I do LOTS of streching and it certainly helps.
>

> > Take a nice hot soaking bath with some epson salts if you are really
> > uncomfortable.
>
> I make lots of use of my heating pad.

Sounds good.
Just don't do what some idiots do and mess with Nubain.

There are also bathtub jacuzzi's available at Wal-mart for about $35.00.

I'm just a bit leery of NSAIDS. If I do take Ibuprofen for a few days,
it does start to bother my stomach. Bleeding ulcers can be rather
unforgiving if they hit the right spot. Not fun.

So in answer to your question, if it can be dangerous, I'd say "It
Depends". ($1.00 to Cohen)

But this is just my personal opinion and experience. I'm sure others
have some input. :-)

--
Om.

The Bill Rodgers
August 27th 05, 10:10 PM
On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 15:38:39 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>> I don't take it for working out. I just wondered if anyone does. I take it
>> sparingly. I've had a lot of joint pains, even since I was a child. Some
>> days I have had severe joint pain, shoulders, wrist, knees... But it always
>> goes away within a day or two.
>
>Bummer.
>Any idea of the cause?

He's a pussy? Just a thought...

TBR

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
"Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

Bill
August 27th 05, 10:40 PM
"The Bill Rodgers" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 15:38:39 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> > wrote:
>
>>> I don't take it for working out. I just wondered if anyone does. I take
>>> it
>>> sparingly. I've had a lot of joint pains, even since I was a child. Some
>>> days I have had severe joint pain, shoulders, wrist, knees... But it
>>> always
>>> goes away within a day or two.
>>
>>Bummer.
>>Any idea of the cause?
>
> He's a pussy? Just a thought...
>
> TBR

Nah, you're just an internet coward.

Bill

> "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and
> more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day
> the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and
> the
> White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
> H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
> "Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
> but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

Peter Allen
August 27th 05, 11:13 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> Ibuprofen Gel?
> I'm not familiar with that?

Well, it is sold fairly commonly here in the UK, go looking. Only things are
you probably don't really want to get it all over your hands applying it, so
wear a glove, and some of the cheaper gels take hours (literally) to dry on
your skin, which is a pain.

Seems to work, and doesn't go through your stomach so can't irritate it.
Probably useless for headaches or similar - good for stuff like tendonitis
where the problem area is just under the skin.

Peter

David Cohen
August 28th 05, 12:47 AM
"Joe Humble" > wrote
> "Bill" > wrote:
>>I have recently read that approximately 20,000 deaths each year are
>>attributed to Nsaids such as Ibuprofen. Do you use any Nsaids? Have you
>>had
>>problems. Ibuprofen works so well for me but I don't want to bleed to
>>death.

> Who the hell are these people? Do they take two advil and drop dead?

Sixty eight year old wino with esophogeal varicies from liver cirrhosis
takes 3200mg ibuprofen a day. Wino dies from massive GI bleed. Death by
NSAIDS?

Tweny two year old gym rat develops septic shock from injecting Sustenon
with a dirty needle and dies. Death by steroids?

Nineteen year old gangbanger robs an old lady at gunpoint. Police respond,
and engage the robber in a gun fight. Robber dies. Another child victim of
handgun violence?

Lies, damned lies, and statistics, doncha' know?

David

OmManiPadmeOmelet
August 28th 05, 09:31 AM
In article >,
"Peter Allen" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> >
> > Ibuprofen Gel?
> > I'm not familiar with that?
>
> Well, it is sold fairly commonly here in the UK, go looking. Only things are
> you probably don't really want to get it all over your hands applying it, so
> wear a glove, and some of the cheaper gels take hours (literally) to dry on
> your skin, which is a pain.
>
> Seems to work, and doesn't go through your stomach so can't irritate it.
> Probably useless for headaches or similar - good for stuff like tendonitis
> where the problem area is just under the skin.
>
> Peter

Thanks!
I'll look for that.
--
Om.

David Cohen
August 28th 05, 08:31 PM
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote
> "Peter Allen" > wrote:
>> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>> >
>> > Ibuprofen Gel?
>> > I'm not familiar with that?
>>
>> Well, it is sold fairly commonly here in the UK, go looking. Only things
>> are
>> you probably don't really want to get it all over your hands applying it,
>> so
>> wear a glove, and some of the cheaper gels take hours (literally) to dry
>> on
>> your skin, which is a pain.
>>
>> Seems to work, and doesn't go through your stomach so can't irritate it.
>> Probably useless for headaches or similar - good for stuff like
>> tendonitis
>> where the problem area is just under the skin.

> Thanks!
> I'll look for that.

<spam/shill> www.lef.org sells it. </>

David

David Cohen
August 28th 05, 08:48 PM
"David Cohen" > wrote
> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote

>>> Well, it is sold fairly commonly here in the UK, go looking. Only things
>>> are
>>> you probably don't really want to get it all over your hands applying
>>> it, so
>>> wear a glove, and some of the cheaper gels take hours (literally) to dry
>>> on
>>> your skin, which is a pain.
>>>
>>> Seems to work, and doesn't go through your stomach so can't irritate it.
>>> Probably useless for headaches or similar - good for stuff like
>>> tendonitis
>>> where the problem area is just under the skin.
>
>> Thanks!
>> I'll look for that.
>
> <spam/shill> www.lef.org sells it. </>

David, you are SUCH a putz! LEF used to sell it, but doesn't appear to do so
anymore.

A google search for topical ibuprofen comes up with a few sources, though.

David

OmManiPadmeOmelet
August 28th 05, 09:23 PM
In article >,
"David Cohen" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote

> >> Well, it is sold fairly commonly here in the UK, go looking. Only things
> >> are
> >> you probably don't really want to get it all over your hands applying it,
> >> so
> >> wear a glove, and some of the cheaper gels take hours (literally) to dry
> >> on
> >> your skin, which is a pain.
> >>
> >> Seems to work, and doesn't go through your stomach so can't irritate it.
> >> Probably useless for headaches or similar - good for stuff like
> >> tendonitis
> >> where the problem area is just under the skin.
>
> > Thanks!
> > I'll look for that.
>
> <spam/shill> www.lef.org sells it. </>
>
> David

Muchas Gracias.
--
Om.

Bill
August 29th 05, 06:26 AM
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Peter Allen" > wrote:
>
>> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>> >
>> > Ibuprofen Gel?
>> > I'm not familiar with that?
>>
>> Well, it is sold fairly commonly here in the UK, go looking. Only things
>> are
>> you probably don't really want to get it all over your hands applying it,
>> so
>> wear a glove, and some of the cheaper gels take hours (literally) to dry
>> on
>> your skin, which is a pain.
>>
>> Seems to work, and doesn't go through your stomach so can't irritate it.
>> Probably useless for headaches or similar - good for stuff like
>> tendonitis
>> where the problem area is just under the skin.
>>
>> Peter

I use Aspercreme sometimes. It works pretty good. I've even used it for
headaches. It's kind of sticky but you can wash it off after it does its
work.

Bill

> Thanks!
> I'll look for that.
> --
> Om.
>
> "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack
> Nicholson

The Bill Rodgers
August 29th 05, 06:53 AM
On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 05:26:27 GMT, "Bill" >
wrote:

>I use Aspercreme sometimes. It works pretty good. I've even used it for
>headaches. It's kind of sticky but you can wash it off after it does its
>work.

Please keep your masturbation habits to yourself.

TBR

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
"Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

Bill
August 29th 05, 08:12 AM
"The Bill Rodgers" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 05:26:27 GMT, "Bill" >
> wrote:
>
>>I use Aspercreme sometimes. It works pretty good. I've even used it for
>>headaches. It's kind of sticky but you can wash it off after it does its
>>work.
>
> Please keep your masturbation habits to yourself.
>
> TBR

So, have you been a coward all your life?

Bill

> "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and
> more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day
> the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and
> the
> White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
> H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
> "Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
> but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

rick++
August 29th 05, 03:14 PM
It wrecks your kideneys if you take too much.

bc
August 29th 05, 03:39 PM
David Cohen wrote:
> "Joe Humble" > wrote
> > "Bill" > wrote:
> >>I have recently read that approximately 20,000 deaths each year are
> >>attributed to Nsaids such as Ibuprofen. Do you use any Nsaids? Have you
> >>had
> >>problems. Ibuprofen works so well for me but I don't want to bleed to
> >>death.
>
> > Who the hell are these people? Do they take two advil and drop dead?
>
> Sixty eight year old wino with esophogeal varicies from liver cirrhosis
> takes 3200mg ibuprofen a day. Wino dies from massive GI bleed. Death by
> NSAIDS?
>
> Tweny two year old gym rat develops septic shock from injecting Sustenon
> with a dirty needle and dies. Death by steroids?
>
> Nineteen year old gangbanger robs an old lady at gunpoint. Police respond,
> and engage the robber in a gun fight. Robber dies. Another child victim of
> handgun violence?
>
> Lies, damned lies, and statistics, doncha' know?

Well, ok. We all know how things get twisted. But, I have some
concerns too, because my 7 year old broke her arm this weekend, and I'd
like to feel I'm safely giving her ibuprofen as the doctor recommended.
Also, I use it post-MA workouts as I have issues with hip/knee pain
from old injuries and it's hard to fall asleep sometimes.

- bc

Mr-Natural-Health
August 29th 05, 03:46 PM
Bill wrote:
> I have recently read that approximately 20,000 deaths each year are
> attributed to Nsaids such as Ibuprofen. Do you use any Nsaids? Have you had
> problems. Ibuprofen works so well for me but I don't want to bleed to death.

The question is not what you prefer to use, but rather if Ibuprofen is
safe.

Chronic long term use of Ibuprofen is NOT safe. You especially don't
want to overdose or use it along with aspirin.

I still fail to see why any bodybuilder needs to use a pain killer.
Perhaps, you guys need to do Pilates in order to heal your injuries?

The Bill Rodgers
August 29th 05, 04:08 PM
On 29 Aug 2005 07:14:51 -0700, "rick++" > wrote:

>It wrecks your kideneys if you take too much.

True, but couldn't a snarling tweety bird rip out a kidney too? Rick?

TBR

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
"Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

David Cohen
August 29th 05, 04:16 PM
"bc" > wrote
> David Cohen wrote:
>>
>> > Who the hell are these people? Do they take two advil and drop dead?
>>
>> Sixty eight year old wino with esophogeal varicies from liver cirrhosis
>> takes 3200mg ibuprofen a day. Wino dies from massive GI bleed. Death by
>> NSAIDS?
>>
>> Tweny two year old gym rat develops septic shock from injecting Sustenon
>> with a dirty needle and dies. Death by steroids?
>>
>> Nineteen year old gangbanger robs an old lady at gunpoint. Police
>> respond,
>> and engage the robber in a gun fight. Robber dies. Another child victim
>> of
>> handgun violence?
>>
>> Lies, damned lies, and statistics, doncha' know?
>>
> Well, ok. We all know how things get twisted. But, I have some
> concerns too,

And you should always maintain that. Makes life safer,

> because my 7 year old broke her arm this weekend, and I'd
> like to feel I'm safely giving her ibuprofen as the doctor recommended.

I know a very experienced pediatric critical care nurse who urges you to use
the ibuprofen without fear.

> Also, I use it post-MA workouts as I have issues with hip/knee pain
> from old injuries and it's hard to fall asleep sometimes.

Chronic use like this is more of a concern. I assume you're using all other
possible strategies to deal with the pain: glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM,
topical capsaicin creame, ice, Jack Daniels with the ice.

One other point: for some reason, people seem to have given up the use of
aspirin for pain relief, for absolutely no damn good reason. Aspirin is
extremely effective, very safe, and MUCH safer in chronic use. Warning:
children should not use aspirin, people with a known ulcer should not use
aspirin, people with a known bleeding disorder or on anticoagulants should
not use aspirin without discussing it with their MD.

David

bc
August 29th 05, 04:37 PM
David Cohen wrote:
> "bc" > wrote
> > David Cohen wrote:
> >> "Joe Humble" > wrote

> >> Sixty eight year old wino with esophogeal varicies from liver cirrhosis
> >> takes 3200mg ibuprofen a day. Wino dies from massive GI bleed. Death by
> >> NSAIDS?
> >>
> >> Tweny two year old gym rat develops septic shock from injecting Sustenon
> >> with a dirty needle and dies. Death by steroids?
> >>
> >> Nineteen year old gangbanger robs an old lady at gunpoint. Police
> >> respond,
> >> and engage the robber in a gun fight. Robber dies. Another child victim
> >> of
> >> handgun violence?
> >>
> >> Lies, damned lies, and statistics, doncha' know?
> >>
> > Well, ok. We all know how things get twisted. But, I have some
> > concerns too,
>
> And you should always maintain that. Makes life safer,
>
> > because my 7 year old broke her arm this weekend, and I'd
> > like to feel I'm safely giving her ibuprofen as the doctor recommended.
>
> I know a very experienced pediatric critical care nurse who urges you to use
> the ibuprofen without fear.
>
> > Also, I use it post-MA workouts as I have issues with hip/knee pain
> > from old injuries and it's hard to fall asleep sometimes.
>
> Chronic use like this is more of a concern. I assume you're using all other
> possible strategies to deal with the pain: glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM,
> topical capsaicin creame, ice, Jack Daniels with the ice.
>
> One other point: for some reason, people seem to have given up the use of
> aspirin for pain relief, for absolutely no damn good reason. Aspirin is
> extremely effective, very safe, and MUCH safer in chronic use. Warning:
> children should not use aspirin, people with a known ulcer should not use
> aspirin, people with a known bleeding disorder or on anticoagulants should
> not use aspirin without discussing it with their MD.

Good point. But does the Jack Daniels make it's way into my skin as
well with ice, because I would have thought absorption would be faster
with warm skin? Maybe we've invented something here: The Jack Pack.
Just fill with JD and place on sore spot. Refill as needed.

- bc

Hobbes
August 29th 05, 04:57 PM
In article . com>,
"bc" > wrote:

> David Cohen wrote:

> > > Well, ok. We all know how things get twisted. But, I have some
> > > concerns too,
> >
> > And you should always maintain that. Makes life safer,
> >
> > > because my 7 year old broke her arm this weekend, and I'd
> > > like to feel I'm safely giving her ibuprofen as the doctor recommended.
> >
> > I know a very experienced pediatric critical care nurse who urges you to use
> > the ibuprofen without fear.
> >
> > > Also, I use it post-MA workouts as I have issues with hip/knee pain
> > > from old injuries and it's hard to fall asleep sometimes.
> >
> > Chronic use like this is more of a concern. I assume you're using all other
> > possible strategies to deal with the pain: glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM,
> > topical capsaicin creame, ice, Jack Daniels with the ice.
> >
> > One other point: for some reason, people seem to have given up the use of
> > aspirin for pain relief, for absolutely no damn good reason. Aspirin is
> > extremely effective, very safe, and MUCH safer in chronic use. Warning:
> > children should not use aspirin, people with a known ulcer should not use
> > aspirin, people with a known bleeding disorder or on anticoagulants should
> > not use aspirin without discussing it with their MD.
>
> Good point. But does the Jack Daniels make it's way into my skin as
> well with ice, because I would have thought absorption would be faster
> with warm skin? Maybe we've invented something here: The Jack Pack.
> Just fill with JD and place on sore spot. Refill as needed.

Dood. DMSO transport for the JD - the ice remains.

HTH.

--
Keith

bc
August 29th 05, 05:09 PM
Hobbes wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "bc" > wrote:
>
> > David Cohen wrote:
> > > "bc" > wrote

> > > And you should always maintain that. Makes life safer,

> > > I know a very experienced pediatric critical care nurse who urges you to use
> > > the ibuprofen without fear.

> > > Chronic use like this is more of a concern. I assume you're using all other
> > > possible strategies to deal with the pain: glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM,
> > > topical capsaicin creame, ice, Jack Daniels with the ice.
> > >
> > > One other point: for some reason, people seem to have given up the use of
> > > aspirin for pain relief, for absolutely no damn good reason. Aspirin is
> > > extremely effective, very safe, and MUCH safer in chronic use. Warning:
> > > children should not use aspirin, people with a known ulcer should not use
> > > aspirin, people with a known bleeding disorder or on anticoagulants should
> > > not use aspirin without discussing it with their MD.
> >
> > Good point. But does the Jack Daniels make it's way into my skin as
> > well with ice, because I would have thought absorption would be faster
> > with warm skin? Maybe we've invented something here: The Jack Pack.
> > Just fill with JD and place on sore spot. Refill as needed.
>
> Dood. DMSO transport for the JD - the ice remains.

Now that's scary.

OmManiPadmeOmelet
August 29th 05, 05:32 PM
In article t>,
"David Cohen" > wrote:

> "bc" > wrote
> > David Cohen wrote:
> >> "Joe Humble" > wrote

> >> Sixty eight year old wino with esophogeal varicies from liver cirrhosis
> >> takes 3200mg ibuprofen a day. Wino dies from massive GI bleed. Death by
> >> NSAIDS?
> >>
> >> Tweny two year old gym rat develops septic shock from injecting Sustenon
> >> with a dirty needle and dies. Death by steroids?
> >>
> >> Nineteen year old gangbanger robs an old lady at gunpoint. Police
> >> respond,
> >> and engage the robber in a gun fight. Robber dies. Another child victim
> >> of
> >> handgun violence?
> >>
> >> Lies, damned lies, and statistics, doncha' know?
> >>
> > Well, ok. We all know how things get twisted. But, I have some
> > concerns too,
>
> And you should always maintain that. Makes life safer,
>
> > because my 7 year old broke her arm this weekend, and I'd
> > like to feel I'm safely giving her ibuprofen as the doctor recommended.
>
> I know a very experienced pediatric critical care nurse who urges you to use
> the ibuprofen without fear.
>
> > Also, I use it post-MA workouts as I have issues with hip/knee pain
> > from old injuries and it's hard to fall asleep sometimes.
>
> Chronic use like this is more of a concern. I assume you're using all other
> possible strategies to deal with the pain: glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM,
> topical capsaicin creame, ice, Jack Daniels with the ice.
>
> One other point: for some reason, people seem to have given up the use of
> aspirin for pain relief, for absolutely no damn good reason. Aspirin is
> extremely effective, very safe, and MUCH safer in chronic use. Warning:
> children should not use aspirin, people with a known ulcer should not use
> aspirin, people with a known bleeding disorder or on anticoagulants should
> not use aspirin without discussing it with their MD.
>
> David

Listen to the very experienced pediatric critical care nurse. ;-)
He has given you very, very sound advice...

Cheers!
--
Om.

OmManiPadmeOmelet
August 29th 05, 05:33 PM

<ROFL!!!>
--
Om.

Bill
August 29th 05, 10:31 PM
"bc" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Well, ok. We all know how things get twisted. But, I have some
> concerns too, because my 7 year old broke her arm this weekend, and I'd
> like to feel I'm safely giving her ibuprofen as the doctor recommended.
> Also, I use it post-MA workouts as I have issues with hip/knee pain
> from old injuries and it's hard to fall asleep sometimes.
>
> - bc

My daughter hurt her back and the doctor told her to take 4 tabs at a time,
ONLY with meals. I think ibuprofen can be very helpful if precautions are
taken too. But I would use Aspercreme or Thera Gesic cremes whenever
possible as they are totally safe as far as I know with no danger of
internal problems.

Bill

Bill
August 29th 05, 10:36 PM
"Mr-Natural-Health" > wrote in
message oups.com...

> I still fail to see why any bodybuilder needs to use a pain killer.
> Perhaps, you guys need to do Pilates in order to heal your injuries?

Actually what interested me about Ibuprofen was that it is also supposed to
be effective for inflamation since I have had pain in both shoulders.

Bill

August 30th 05, 12:01 PM
HI Bill,

Ibuprofen is not FDA approved medicine.There are other Pain Releif
Medicine which is approved by FDA. Here is the List of those medicine.

http://www.epsdrugstore.com/Pain-relief-fioricet.htm :- Fioricet
http://www.epsdrugstore.com/Pain-relief-tramadol.htm :- Tramadol
http://www.epsdrugstore.com/Pain-relief-ultram.htm :- Ultram
http://www.epsdrugstore.com/Pain-relief-ultracet.htm :- Ultracet
http://www.epsdrugstore.com/Pain-relief-fioricet-generic.htm :-Fioricet

http://www.epsdrugstore.com/pain-relief-motrin.htm :- Motrin

Bill wrote:
> I have recently read that approximately 20,000 deaths each year are
> attributed to Nsaids such as Ibuprofen. Do you use any Nsaids? Have you had
> problems. Ibuprofen works so well for me but I don't want to bleed to death.
>
> Bill

David Cohen
August 30th 05, 04:26 PM
> wrote
> HI Bill,
>
> Ibuprofen is not FDA approved medicine.There are other Pain Releif
> Medicine which is approved by FDA. Here is the List of those medicine.

All your spam crap are belong to us, you slanty eyed mother****ing piece of
****.

David

OmManiPadmeOmelet
August 30th 05, 04:41 PM
In article om>,
wrote:

> HI Bill,
>
> Ibuprofen is not FDA approved medicine.There are other Pain Releif
> Medicine which is approved by FDA. Here is the List of those medicine.
>
> http://www.epsdrugstore.com/Pain-relief-fioricet.htm :- Fioricet
> http://www.epsdrugstore.com/Pain-relief-tramadol.htm :- Tramadol
> http://www.epsdrugstore.com/Pain-relief-ultram.htm :- Ultram
> http://www.epsdrugstore.com/Pain-relief-ultracet.htm :- Ultracet
> http://www.epsdrugstore.com/Pain-relief-fioricet-generic.htm :-Fioricet
>
> http://www.epsdrugstore.com/pain-relief-motrin.htm :- Motrin

Uh, afaik, Motrin is Ibuprofen???
--
Om.

Larry Hodges
August 30th 05, 05:27 PM
David Cohen wrote:
> > wrote
>> HI Bill,
>>
>> Ibuprofen is not FDA approved medicine.There are other Pain Releif
>> Medicine which is approved by FDA. Here is the List of those
>> medicine.
>
> All your spam crap are belong to us, you slanty eyed mother****ing
> piece of ****.
>
> David

You said ****. The Bill will report you.

Speaking of dogs, she's now 12 weeks and still pees in the house. I leave
the door open and she'll still pee in the house if I don't physically take
her out. I've been rubbing her nose in it and spanking her for weeks now.
But according to the books I have, that's not the way to handle it. So
edumacate me oh Wise One. If she doesn't stop, I'm going to Atta Boy dog
food at $8 for 50lbs, then she goes to the pound.
--
-Larry

"The troll hasn't been born who can troll us worse than we troll
ourselves." Hugh Beyer

OmManiPadmeOmelet
August 30th 05, 05:40 PM
In article >,
"Larry Hodges" > wrote:

> David Cohen wrote:
> > > wrote
> >> HI Bill,
> >>
> >> Ibuprofen is not FDA approved medicine.There are other Pain Releif
> >> Medicine which is approved by FDA. Here is the List of those
> >> medicine.
> >
> > All your spam crap are belong to us, you slanty eyed mother****ing
> > piece of ****.
> >
> > David
>
> You said ****. The Bill will report you.
>
> Speaking of dogs, she's now 12 weeks and still pees in the house. I leave
> the door open and she'll still pee in the house if I don't physically take
> her out. I've been rubbing her nose in it and spanking her for weeks now.
> But according to the books I have, that's not the way to handle it. So
> edumacate me oh Wise One. If she doesn't stop, I'm going to Atta Boy dog
> food at $8 for 50lbs, then she goes to the pound.

<sigh> Evnen _I_ know better than this! :-(

Take her out, potty her, then REWARD her for pottying in the right
place!!! Food treats, lavish praise.

That's how I'd handle it anyway, but I'm curious to see what DC says.

I scold, but don't spank. It's not necessary.
But all I have are older dogs now and "accidents" in the house are
usually my fault for oversleeping. ;-) 12 hours is, after all, a LOT to
ask of even the best behaved dog.

12 weeks? She is still a puppy! If the mess concerns you, leave her
outdoors with appropriate shelter, food and water. Getting rid of her is
not the answer!
--
Om.

The Bill Rodgers
August 30th 05, 07:16 PM
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:27:20 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> wrote:

> she's now 12 weeks and still pees in the house.

Breaking in a new GF eh?

TBR

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
"Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

bc
August 30th 05, 07:50 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article om>,
> wrote:
>
> > HI Bill,
> >
> > Ibuprofen is not FDA approved medicine.There are other Pain Releif
> > Medicine which is approved by FDA. Here is the List of those medicine.
> >
> > http://www.epsdrugstore.com/Pain-relief-fioricet.htm :- Fioricet
> > http://www.epsdrugstore.com/Pain-relief-tramadol.htm :- Tramadol
> > http://www.epsdrugstore.com/Pain-relief-ultram.htm :- Ultram
> > http://www.epsdrugstore.com/Pain-relief-ultracet.htm :- Ultracet
> > http://www.epsdrugstore.com/Pain-relief-fioricet-generic.htm :-Fioricet
> >
> > http://www.epsdrugstore.com/pain-relief-motrin.htm :- Motrin
> >

> Uh, afaik, Motrin is Ibuprofen???

Never let the facts interfere with a good spew.

- bc

OmManiPadmeOmelet
August 30th 05, 07:59 PM
In article . com>,
"bc" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > In article om>,
> > wrote:
> >
> > > HI Bill,
> > >
> > > Ibuprofen is not FDA approved medicine.There are other Pain Releif
> > > Medicine which is approved by FDA. Here is the List of those medicine.
> > >
> > > http://www.epsdrugstore.com/Pain-relief-fioricet.htm :- Fioricet
> > > http://www.epsdrugstore.com/Pain-relief-tramadol.htm :- Tramadol
> > > http://www.epsdrugstore.com/Pain-relief-ultram.htm :- Ultram
> > > http://www.epsdrugstore.com/Pain-relief-ultracet.htm :- Ultracet
> > > http://www.epsdrugstore.com/Pain-relief-fioricet-generic.htm :-Fioricet
> > >
> > > http://www.epsdrugstore.com/pain-relief-motrin.htm :- Motrin
> > >

> > Uh, afaik, Motrin is Ibuprofen???
>
> Never let the facts interfere with a good spew.
>
> - bc

<snicker>
--
Om.

David Cohen
August 30th 05, 08:49 PM
"Larry Hodges" > wrote
> David Cohen wrote:
>> > wrote
>>> HI Bill,
>>>
>>> Ibuprofen is not FDA approved medicine.There are other Pain Releif
>>> Medicine which is approved by FDA. Here is the List of those
>>> medicine.
>>
>> All your spam crap are belong to us, you slanty eyed mother****ing
>> piece of ****.
>
> You said ****. The Bill will report you.
>
> Speaking of dogs, she's now 12 weeks and still pees in the house.

Because of your failure to train her not to, Larry. Unless she has a bladder
infection or has brain damage, it's your fault.

> I leave the door open and she'll still pee in the house if I don't
> physically take her out. I've been rubbing her nose in it and spanking
> her for weeks now.

Gggrrrrrrrrr...if you hit your dog again, do not bother asking me for
advice, as I will be ignoring you. NO PET DOG EVER NEEDS TO BE HIT!! You are
NOT a police/military K9 trainer working with large powerful dogs trained to
attack and/or, in the case of military guard dogs, kill. STOP IT!!

By "rubbing her nose in it and spanking her for weeks now", you've done an
excellent job of training her to fear you, and to be even better at peeing
inside when you're not around. Dogs do not consider **** and **** to be
adversive...you ever notice how they love to sniff and roll around in
it...and she thinks you are an insane, unpredictable, bully for punishing
her at what she regards as totally random times.

> But according to the books I have, that's not the way to handle it.

It may be a hint that ALL the books say that's not the way to handle it.

<sigh> Start over, from the beginning. Like you just adopted her today.
Here's the basic outline. For details, go to amazon and buy the little
booklet, "Way To Go! How to Housetrain a Dog of Any Age" by KarenB London,
Ph.D. and Patricia B McConnell, Ph.D.

Puppies pee/poop at very predictable times: upon waking, release from crate,
after eating, about a half hour after eating, after extended playing. These
are training opportunities. At these times, and any time she looks like
she's about to pee/poop...sniffing, looking around for a place, pawing the
door...take her, on short leash, to where you want her to pee/poop, and
stand there like a statue. Don't interact with the dog. Just stand there.
She doesn't get to play, run around, or anything else, until she goes. As
she starts to go, give her whatever command you want..."Puppy. Go
potty."...and when she is done, praise her lavishly for being such a good
girl, and then play with her and let her run around. DO NOT take her back
inside. If you do, you'll teach her to resist going, because peeing/pooping
means going back inside. You want her to learn that prompt peeing/pooping
outside/on command means she gets to stay outside and play.

Clean up all "accidents" with enzymatic cleaners sold in pet stores that are
specifically designed for dog pee/poop. DO NOT substitue any other product.
Leave the urine and some of the poop that she deposits in the proper spot,
so she can identify it as the right place.

Until she is reliable, she needs CONSTANT SUPERVISION. Every "accident"
delays full reliability. She should be in her crate, or in the same room
with you, at all times. Consider tethering...attach her leash to your belt
and she goes everywhere you go. This way, you can see the signs she is going
to pee/poop, and take her outside, as above.

If, despite the above, you catch her squatting, startle her (this DOES NOT
mean hitting or nose rubbing!!). Startle, as in a loud hand clap, or a loud
"AARRGGH" (DO NOT use the dog's name, or use the term "bad"), then, CALMLY,
take her outside, as above. If the leash is not immediately available, which
it would be if she was tethered, pick her up and carry her to the spot.

Remember, Larry, as you well know, you have a very smart puppy. Try to be as
smart as the dog :)

Don't make me yell at you again :(

David

Larry Hodges
August 30th 05, 08:58 PM
David Cohen wrote:

>>> All your spam crap are belong to us, you slanty eyed mother****ing
>>> piece of ****.
>>
>> You said ****. The Bill will report you.
>>
>> Speaking of dogs, she's now 12 weeks and still pees in the house.
>
> Because of your failure to train her not to, Larry. Unless she has a
> bladder infection or has brain damage, it's your fault.
>
>> I leave the door open and she'll still pee in the house if I don't
>> physically take her out. I've been rubbing her nose in it and
>> spanking her for weeks now.
>
> Gggrrrrrrrrr...if you hit your dog again, do not bother asking me for
> advice, as I will be ignoring you. NO PET DOG EVER NEEDS TO BE HIT!!
> You are NOT a police/military K9 trainer working with large powerful
> dogs trained to attack and/or, in the case of military guard dogs,
> kill. STOP IT!!

Ok chief. I'll be a good boy.

> By "rubbing her nose in it and spanking her for weeks now", you've
> done an excellent job of training her to fear you, and to be even
> better at peeing inside when you're not around. Dogs do not consider
> **** and **** to be adversive...you ever notice how they love to
> sniff and roll around in it...and she thinks you are an insane,
> unpredictable, bully for punishing her at what she regards as totally
> random times.
>> But according to the books I have, that's not the way to handle it.
>
> It may be a hint that ALL the books say that's not the way to handle
> it.
> <sigh> Start over, from the beginning. Like you just adopted her
> today. Here's the basic outline. For details, go to amazon and buy
> the little booklet, "Way To Go! How to Housetrain a Dog of Any Age"
> by KarenB London, Ph.D. and Patricia B McConnell, Ph.D.

Thanks.

> Puppies pee/poop at very predictable times: upon waking, release from
> crate, after eating, about a half hour after eating, after extended
> playing. These are training opportunities. At these times, and any
> time she looks like she's about to pee/poop...sniffing, looking
> around for a place, pawing the door...take her, on short leash, to
> where you want her to pee/poop, and stand there like a statue. Don't
> interact with the dog. Just stand there. She doesn't get to play, run
> around, or anything else, until she goes. As she starts to go, give
> her whatever command you want..."Puppy. Go potty."...and when she is
> done, praise her lavishly for being such a good girl, and then play
> with her and let her run around. DO NOT take her back inside. If you
> do, you'll teach her to resist going, because peeing/pooping means
> going back inside. You want her to learn that prompt peeing/pooping
> outside/on command means she gets to stay outside and play.

All good points.

> Clean up all "accidents" with enzymatic cleaners sold in pet stores
> that are specifically designed for dog pee/poop. DO NOT substitue any
> other product. Leave the urine and some of the poop that she deposits
> in the proper spot, so she can identify it as the right place.

I do already.

> Until she is reliable, she needs CONSTANT SUPERVISION. Every
> "accident" delays full reliability. She should be in her crate, or in
> the same room with you, at all times. Consider tethering...attach her
> leash to your belt and she goes everywhere you go. This way, you can
> see the signs she is going to pee/poop, and take her outside, as
> above.
> If, despite the above, you catch her squatting, startle her (this
> DOES NOT mean hitting or nose rubbing!!). Startle, as in a loud hand
> clap, or a loud "AARRGGH" (DO NOT use the dog's name, or use the term
> "bad"), then, CALMLY, take her outside, as above. If the leash is not
> immediately available, which it would be if she was tethered, pick
> her up and carry her to the spot.

I do already.

> Remember, Larry, as you well know, you have a very smart puppy. Try
> to be as smart as the dog :)

That may be difficult.

> Don't make me yell at you again :(
>
> David

Reference back to "Ok chief. I'll be a good boy."

--
-Larry

"The troll hasn't been born who can troll us worse than we troll
ourselves." Hugh Beyer

The Bill Rodgers
August 30th 05, 09:11 PM
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:49:38 GMT, "David Cohen"
> wrote:

>> You said ****. The Bill will report you.

Then he said it AGAIN, that's 3 abuses in one 24 hour period!

TBR

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
"Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

Jim Andreas
August 30th 05, 09:15 PM
The Bill Rodgers wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:49:38 GMT, "David Cohen"
> > wrote:
>
> >> You said ****. The Bill will report you.
>
> Then he said it AGAIN, that's 3 abuses in one 24 hour period!

Shutup netKKKop!

The Bill Rodgers
August 31st 05, 01:28 AM
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:15:17 -0400, Jim Andreas
> wrote:

>Shutup netKKKop!

I thought you liked netcops on mfw?

TBR

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
"Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

Gepetto
August 31st 05, 02:09 AM
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > Take her out, potty her, then REWARD her for pottying
in the right place!!! Food treats, lavish praise.

That's the way. Abusing dogs by beating them, yelling at them, rubbing their
nose in it, and otherwise degrading them is not conducive to a constructive
dog-human relationship. I have two dogs, and I take them out and reward them
with praise and love when they do their bizniss on the outside. When they do
it inside, I give them a "Bad Dog" with a stern tone and they know it. No
further abuse of the animal is necessary.

Gepetto
August 31st 05, 02:11 AM
"David Cohen" <> Gggrrrrrrrrr...if you hit your dog again, do not bother
asking me for
> advice, as I will be ignoring you. NO PET DOG EVER NEEDS TO BE HIT!! she
thinks you are an insane, unpredictable, bully for punishing her at what she
regards as totally random times.

Well said. Too bad dogs and other pets cannot do like in the cartoons and
hunt the humans at least one day every year. People that hit their animals
should have a red-hot wire-brush shoved up their ass and then pulled out
slowly.

The Bill Rodgers
August 31st 05, 02:14 AM
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:09:22 -0400, "Gepetto" >
wrote:

> I have two dogs, and I take them out and reward them
>with praise and love when they do their bizniss on the outside.

I can picture this... "Good doggie. Did you do poopies? Good doggie.
Did you go pee pee? Good doggie..."

TBR

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
"Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

The Bill Rodgers
August 31st 05, 02:16 AM
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:11:56 -0400, "Gepetto" >
wrote:

>Well said. Too bad dogs and other pets cannot do like in the cartoons and
>hunt the humans at least one day every year. People that hit their animals
>should have a red-hot wire-brush shoved up their ass and then pulled out
>slowly.

I'm on board with this. Any scummy piece of s**t that hits an animal,
deservesa red hot wirebrush.

TBR

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
"Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

OmManiPadmeOmelet
August 31st 05, 03:26 AM
In article >,
The Bill Rodgers > wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:09:22 -0400, "Gepetto" >
> wrote:
>
> > I have two dogs, and I take them out and reward them
> >with praise and love when they do their bizniss on the outside.
>
> I can picture this... "Good doggie. Did you do poopies? Good doggie.
> Did you go pee pee? Good doggie..."

Both of our house mutts know the command "go potty" when we take them
out. :-)

Consistance and routine.....
--
Om.

The Bill Rodgers
August 31st 05, 03:32 AM
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:26:12 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>Both of our house mutts know the command "go potty" when we take them
>out. :-)

Let me guess? "Poopies time" or maybe "pinch a loaf"? Or did you mean
"go potty" literally?

TBR

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
"Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

SuckOff
August 31st 05, 04:05 AM
No.

The say "go do a Bill Rodgers". And off they trot....happily dumping
everywhere.

Just like you.