PDA

View Full Version : Getting more muscular

September 20th 05, 04:12 AM
I have recently decided that I needed to get muscular. Not sure of what
is driving me but its there, finally.

I am 137lb's at 5'7 and am looking to get relatively fit.

I have sone research but I need some expert or, good advice.

I have recently purchased A Vitamin C 1000g supplument for the mornign
and night as well as a Ultra Vita Man (Multi-Vitamin) for the morning
and night as well.

Along with those supplements I have purchased Protein Whey at 21g of
protein per serving and 4g of carbs per serving. And I purchased Anavol
Creatine.

How should I go about using these products and should I wait around a
month before I start using the creatine (it was expensive!).

Also I realize i need approximately 137g of protein intake and Im not
sure if I have it.

I do not quite have good researching skills but I have a Mapout of what
I usually if not always eat.

Morning: 4 scrambeled eggs and water.
Lunch: Somewhat large quantity of Ziti with Marinara sauce and
Salad(lettuce, cucumber, carrots)
Dinner: Same as lunch

In between Meals I usually pick on things such as, Wheat and Cheese
Crackers.

I drink about 5-6 poland spring bottles of water a day.

Should I use the Whey, or do I hit my protein level without it? Also is
three days a week of the gym good? I walk approx. 13-14 miles of walks
a week, aside from the obvious.

I need so much help

Thanks in advance.

September 20th 05, 04:50 AM
On 19 Sep 2005 20:12:40 -0700, wrote:

>I have recently decided that I needed to get muscular. Not sure of what
>is driving me but its there, finally.
>
>I am 137lb's at 5'7 and am looking to get relatively fit.

Sounds good.

>I have sone research but I need some expert or, good advice.

Not sure how expert the advice you will get here but I and likely
others will give it a shot.

>I have recently purchased A Vitamin C 1000g supplument for the mornign
>and night as well as a Ultra Vita Man (Multi-Vitamin) for the morning
>and night as well.

No need for those supplements.

>Along with those supplements I have purchased Protein Whey at 21g of
>protein per serving and 4g of carbs per serving. And I purchased Anavol
>Creatine.

No need for protein whey or creatine.

>How should I go about using these products and should I wait around a
>month before I start using the creatine (it was expensive!).

You don't need those products at all.

>Also I realize i need approximately 137g of protein intake and Im not
>sure if I have it.

That is likely more than you need. If you weigh 137 pounds you will
do fine with about 100 grams of protein. You also have to make sure
you consume enough calories and at your weight I would start at about
2400 calories per day.

Go to www.fitday.com and you can log your food intake.

>Morning: 4 scrambeled eggs and water.

That sounds good. Might want to add some carbs like veggies or fruit
to the eggs.
>Lunch: Somewhat large quantity of Ziti with Marinara sauce and
>Salad(lettuce, cucumber, carrots)
>Dinner: Same as lunch

That does not sound good. Pasta is not very high in protein and unless
it is whole wheat pasta you are eating refined carbs which are not so
good. Try to get carbs from sources like fruits, vegetables and whole
grains.

Eat more protein including, fish, poultry, etc.

>In between Meals I usually pick on things such as, Wheat and Cheese
>Crackers.

Crackers are not the greatest food source either.

>I drink about 5-6 poland spring bottles of water a day.

That is good.

>Should I use the Whey, or do I hit my protein level without it?

Use the whey if you cannot get at least 90-100 grams of protein a day.

> Also is
>three days a week of the gym good?

Yep. Do a full body workout three days a week. Find someone to show
you proper form. Do compound exercises including bench, chin ups,
rows, squats, dead lifts and military presses.

>I need so much help

You just need to get started. Now get on the floor and give me twenty
pushups.

>Thanks in advance.

You're quite welcome.

Rich

JMW
September 20th 05, 04:56 AM
wrote:

>I have recently decided that I needed to get muscular. Not sure of what
>is driving me but its there, finally.
>
>I am 137lb's at 5'7 and am looking to get relatively fit.
>
>I have sone research but I need some expert or, good advice.
>
>I have recently purchased A Vitamin C 1000g supplument for the mornign
>and night as well as a Ultra Vita Man (Multi-Vitamin) for the morning
>and night as well.
>
>Along with those supplements I have purchased Protein Whey at 21g of
>protein per serving and 4g of carbs per serving. And I purchased Anavol
>Creatine.
>
>How should I go about using these products and should I wait around a
>month before I start using the creatine (it was expensive!).
>
>Also I realize i need approximately 137g of protein intake and Im not
>sure if I have it.
>
>I do not quite have good researching skills but I have a Mapout of what
>I usually if not always eat.
>
>Morning: 4 scrambeled eggs and water.
>Lunch: Somewhat large quantity of Ziti with Marinara sauce and
>Salad(lettuce, cucumber, carrots)
>Dinner: Same as lunch
>
>In between Meals I usually pick on things such as, Wheat and Cheese
>Crackers.
>
>I drink about 5-6 poland spring bottles of water a day.
>
>Should I use the Whey, or do I hit my protein level without it?

Whey infuses amino acids in the body very quickly. If they aren't
synthesized into proteins, they will be degraded. Eat some genuine
high-protein FOOD! Tuna, cottage cheese, chicken, lean beef. Your
eggs are OK, too. Given your normal existence on pasta and veggies,
you'll continue to look much like you do now.

BTW, your diet sounds like one eaten by people who are pathologically
phobic about gaining any body fat. You need to consider that you will
gain a little fat with the muscle. If you get hysterical about that,
you'll never gain an appreciable amount of muscle. Accept a little
fat gain with the understanding that you can lose some of it later.

JamesG
September 20th 05, 02:54 PM
Ryano,
I agree with JMW. Your diet sounds like something I would eat to
lose weight. I would guess that I eat over twice as much as this (I am
6ft and 190). In between meals I like to eat trail mix containing nuts
and fruit (no candy). I also eat a lot of chicken, fish, and beef. I
have been making salmon salad sandwiches lately and they are tasty and
have a lot of protein and good fatty acids. You are on the right track
drinking a lot of water, I don't know what poland water is but at least
a half gallon a day of water is good. I have been in a building phase
so as mentioned by the other poster I will be working on slimming down
and have begun doing more cardio. I do drink protein smoothies twice a
day on workout days and recovery days. The smoothies contain fruit,
soy milk, honey, flaxseed or sunflower seeds, and whey protein. I
would hold off on using the creatine. As a beginner if you work hard
in the gym doing the basic compound exercises: bench and incline press,
squat, deadlift, chinup, pulldown, rows, dips, overhead press you will
make strength gains at a good pace. When starting out I had to watch
it because my muscles would strengthen too fast for my tendons and
tendonitis could happen if I wasn't careful. Three days a week is
good. Be careful (use GOOD form on the squat and deadlift!) and work
hard and 3 days a week will be plenty, you might even want to split a
routine into chest/tricep and back/legs or something to give your body
more recuperation time.
I you have any more questions just ask.
James

September 20th 05, 10:13 PM
I have a hard time finding good food at college. Meat is scarce. Im
just having a hard time getting into a eating routine when I am not
supplied with the proper food.

JamesG
September 20th 05, 10:50 PM
Ryano,
You have to decide if you want to be more muscular or not. Good food
may not be just lying around to be found, you might have to start
making some. It would be a good time to start learning how to cook if
you do not already know how. Going to a grocery store would be a good
place to "find" some food. Browning some ground turkey or beef and
making spaghetti is easy. Making tuna or salmon salad sandwiches with
canned fish is easy, I throw boiled eggs, onions, and mayonaisse in
there. There are many other foods that are easy to make. If I am
eating out I usually eat asian food such as vermicelli bowls with beef
or pho noodle soup with beef.
Sorry to sound unsympathetic but I think it is important that you
realize that college is also about growing up and being able to feed
yourself is part of it.
Good luck,
James

WillBrink
September 20th 05, 11:41 PM
In article . com>,
wrote:

> I need so much help

Truth.

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

The Bill Rodgers
September 21st 05, 01:49 AM
On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:41:59 -0400, WillBrink
> wrote:

>In article . com>,
> wrote:
>

>> I need so much help
>
>Truth.
>

>> Thanks in advance.

You just got "helped" by the NG moron.
TBR

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
"Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

David
September 21st 05, 02:30 AM
"The Bill Rodgers" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:41:59 -0400, WillBrink
> > wrote:
>
> >In article . com>,
> > wrote:
> >

> >> I need so much help
> >
> >Truth.
> >

> >> Thanks in advance.
> >>

> You just got "helped" by the NG moron.
> TBR

That would have to be the funniest thing you have said so far. Perhaps the
*only* funny thing

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 21st 05, 03:10 AM
In article . com>,
wrote:

> I have a hard time finding good food at college. Meat is scarce. Im
> just having a hard time getting into a eating routine when I am not
> supplied with the proper food.

You are the perfect candidate for protein shakes...

Whey protein.

Cheers!
--
Om.

September 21st 05, 06:02 AM
There is no place to cook here considerign I live on campus. And when I
say no place I mean there isn't a public oven let alone a good
microwave.

The Bill Rodgers
September 21st 05, 10:36 AM
On 20 Sep 2005 22:02:32 -0700, wrote:

>There is no place to cook here considerign I live on campus. And when I
>say no place I mean there isn't a public oven let alone a good
>microwave.

Don't make pathetic excuses. College boys have had microwaves and hot
plates since the beginning of time.
TBR

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
"Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

mike
September 21st 05, 10:12 PM
"The Bill Rodgers" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:41:59 -0400, WillBrink
> > wrote:
>
> >In article . com>,
> > wrote:
> >

> >> I need so much help
> >
> >Truth.
> >

> >> Thanks in advance.
> >>

> You just got "helped" by the NG moron.
> TBR

you are the NG moron..asswipe

Blair P. Houghton
September 22nd 05, 02:16 AM
The Bill Rodgers > wrote:
>On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:41:59 -0400, WillBrink
> wrote:
>
>>In article . com>,
>> wrote:
>>

>>> I need so much help
>>
>>Truth.
>>

>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>

>You just got "helped" by the NG moron.

But he's an internationally known NG moron.

--Blair
"And a fabulous dork."

September 22nd 05, 10:16 PM
Pathetic excuses, come to my school and see for yourself. You can't
bring a loaf of bread in your dorm without them wanting to see it. We
are not allowed to have those things. I could attempt to smuggle one of
the two in but im not about to try. I know how to cook, but cooking
without an oven is something I'm not to good at.

The Bill Rodgers
September 23rd 05, 03:07 AM
On 22 Sep 2005 14:16:14 -0700, wrote:

>I know how to cook, but cooking
>without an oven is something I'm not to good at.

You are in college idiot, improvise.