PDA

View Full Version : Ab workouts

grandamguy99
September 29th 05, 12:23 AM
Hey-

I have been working on my abs forever and they still arent turning out
to be those awsome ripped abs.

Does anyone have any suggestions or reutines that worked for them???

Thx

locker
September 29th 05, 01:01 AM
grandamguy99 wrote:
> Hey-
>
> I have been working on my abs forever and they still arent
turning
> out to be those awsome ripped abs.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions or reutines that worked for
them???

Reduce your percentage of body fat.

locker

> Thx

grandamguy99
September 29th 05, 01:21 AM
im realy skinny, I just need to build muscle,

im 5'5 110lbs

Steve Freides
September 29th 05, 02:25 AM
"grandamguy99" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hey-
>
> I have been working on my abs forever and they still arent turning out
> to be those awsome ripped abs.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions or reutines that worked for them???

The book "Bullet-Proof Abs" is focused on strength, not size, but it
might be useful to you in that it contains a good number of unusual ab
exercises, most of which I've found to be quite effective. The book,
towards the end, discusses alternate set/rep/rest schemes you can use if
you want to build up the size of your abs so that would take care of
you.

http://www.kbnj.com/bpa.htm

is a link to the page about this book on the publisher's web site.
This:

http://www.kbnj.com/Inverted_Wheel.rm

is me doing one of the exercises from the book a year or two ago.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 29th 05, 03:07 AM
In article . com>,
"grandamguy99" > wrote:

> Hey-
>
> I have been working on my abs forever and they still arent turning out
> to be those awsome ripped abs.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions or reutines that worked for them???
>
> Thx

Diet...

Abs are some of the last muscles to "show" once you burn off all the fat
that covers them.

Seriously.
--
Om.

TheBillRogers
September 29th 05, 03:42 AM
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 21:07:59 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>In article . com>,
> "grandamguy99" > wrote:
>
>> Hey-
>>
>> I have been working on my abs forever and they still arent turning out
>> to be those awsome ripped abs.
>>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions or reutines that worked for them???
>>
>> Thx
>>

>Diet...
>
>Abs are some of the last muscles to "show" once you burn off all the fat
>that covers them.

Stomach crunches, done everyday to exhaustion.

Bob Garrison
September 29th 05, 11:39 AM
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article . com>,
> "grandamguy99" > wrote:
>
>> Hey-
>>
>> I have been working on my abs forever and they still arent turning out
>> to be those awsome ripped abs.
>>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions or reutines that worked for them???
>>
>> Thx
>>

> Diet...
>
> Abs are some of the last muscles to "show" once you burn off all the fat
> that covers them.
>
> Seriously.
> --

At 5'5 110lbs you advise him to diet?

September 29th 05, 01:03 PM
grandamguy99 wrote:

> im realy skinny, I just need to build muscle,
>
> im 5'5 110lbs

Yeah, worrying about your abs is nuts at this point; squat, dude.

KR
September 29th 05, 01:21 PM
How do you work on your abs? Do you do them every day?

I like a full body workout 3 times a week, I do weighted abs every
second day, just 2 sets of 15 rather then a gazillion ab crunches with
no weight, which they encourage in aerobics classes. Hold a weight to
your chest and crunch.

KR

Neil Gendzwill
September 29th 05, 04:46 PM
T wrote:
> grandamguy99 wrote:
>
>> im realy skinny, I just need to build muscle,
>>
>> im 5'5 110lbs
>>

> Yeah, worrying about your abs is nuts at this point; squat, dude.

And eat a sandwich, too. BMI 18.4 = too damn skinny unless you're an
endurance weenie.

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 29th 05, 06:02 PM
In article >,
"Bob Garrison" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> > In article . com>,
> > "grandamguy99" > wrote:
> >
> >> Hey-
> >>
> >> I have been working on my abs forever and they still arent turning out
> >> to be those awsome ripped abs.
> >>
> >> Does anyone have any suggestions or reutines that worked for them???
> >>
> >> Thx
> >>

> > Diet...
> >
> > Abs are some of the last muscles to "show" once you burn off all the fat
> > that covers them.
> >
> > Seriously.
> > --
>
> At 5'5 110lbs you advise him to diet?

His first post did not state his weight when I answered that. ;-)
--
Om.

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 29th 05, 06:02 PM
In article >,
T > wrote:

> grandamguy99 wrote:
>
> > im realy skinny, I just need to build muscle,
> >
> > im 5'5 110lbs
> >

> Yeah, worrying about your abs is nuts at this point; squat, dude.

And deadlift....
--
Om.

September 29th 05, 06:11 PM
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Bob Garrison" > wrote:
>
>> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message

>> > Diet...
>> >
>> > Abs are some of the last muscles to "show" once you burn off all the
>> > fat
>> > that covers them.
>> >
>> > Seriously.
>> > --
>>
>> At 5'5 110lbs you advise him to diet?

No, Om you were right. 'diet' simply means structured eating. He does need
to diet - a weight gaining diet in fact

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 29th 05, 06:53 PM
In article >,
"David" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> > In article >,

> >> At 5'5 110lbs you advise him to diet?
>
> No, Om you were right. 'diet' simply means structured eating. He does need
> to diet - a weight gaining diet in fact

True, dat. ;-)
There is such a thing as a fat skinny person...
Take a look at anorexic women sometime.
You can be considered "in weight" for average standards,
but have no muscle!

I think you can even be considered underweight but have so little
muscle, a layer of fat can cover that ab layer so it won't show "6 pack"
detail.

YMMV...

I think the advice to use a proper gainer diet plus the main core moves
for overall body development is good, but that's just my 2 cents.

Deadlift
Benchpress
Squat
--
Om.

September 29th 05, 07:08 PM
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "David" > wrote:
>
>> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message

>> No, Om you were right. 'diet' simply means structured eating. He does
>> need
>> to diet - a weight gaining diet in fact
>>

> True, dat. ;-)
> There is such a thing as a fat skinny person...
> Take a look at anorexic women sometime.
> You can be considered "in weight" for average standards,
> but have no muscle!
>
> I think you can even be considered underweight but have so little
> muscle, a layer of fat can cover that ab layer so it won't show "6 pack"
> detail.
>
> YMMV...
>
> I think the advice to use a proper gainer diet plus the main core moves
> for overall body development is good, but that's just my 2 cents.
>
> Deadlift
> Benchpress
> Squat
> --
Not 2 cents Om. Where do you get 2 cents? It's worth at least a nickel!

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 29th 05, 07:53 PM

;-)
--