PDA

View Full Version : Why is juicing better than eating a vegitable raw? Is it a myth?

October 5th 05, 07:23 PM
You hear so much about juicing recently. Most Naturopaths highly
recommend to juice for life. They make claims that juicing veggies
is better for you then just eating them. Sure, I can see one
advantage to juicing which is that you can intake lots more carrots if
you juice them, then just eating them raw. Also, the body takes more
energy the digest the whole carrot as oppose to just the carrot juice.
The fibber which goes to waste is also good for you but if you are
juicing lots of vegetable, it will be more that you need or can handle.

For argument sake, let's say I am getting plenty of fibber during my
day, is juicing veggies better for you then just eating them? Or,
let's say I just want to eat one carrot, is that just as good as
juicing that carrot? Thanks.

lbbss

Steve Freides
October 5th 05, 07:46 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> You hear so much about juicing recently. Most Naturopaths highly
> recommend to juice for life. They make claims that juicing veggies
> is better for you then just eating them. Sure, I can see one
> advantage to juicing which is that you can intake lots more carrots if
> you juice them, then just eating them raw. Also, the body takes
> more
> energy the digest the whole carrot as oppose to just the carrot
> juice.
> The fibber which goes to waste is also good for you but if you are
> juicing lots of vegetable, it will be more that you need or can
> handle.
>
> For argument sake, let's say I am getting plenty of fibber during my
> day, is juicing veggies better for you then just eating them?

No.

> Or,
> let's say I just want to eat one carrot, is that just as good as
> juicing that carrot?

Yes.

> Thanks.

You're welcome.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

> lbbss

David Cohen
October 5th 05, 07:58 PM
"Steve Freides" > wrote
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> You hear so much about juicing recently. Most Naturopaths highly
>> recommend to juice for life. They make claims that juicing veggies
>> is better for you then just eating them. Sure, I can see one
>> advantage to juicing which is that you can intake lots more carrots if
>> you juice them, then just eating them raw. Also, the body takes more
>> energy the digest the whole carrot as oppose to just the carrot juice.
>> The fibber which goes to waste is also good for you but if you are
>> juicing lots of vegetable, it will be more that you need or can handle.
>>
>> For argument sake, let's say I am getting plenty of fibber during my
>> day, is juicing veggies better for you then just eating them?
>
> No.

I disagree. Given the assumption of already adequate fiber intake, juicing
provides a more concentrated form of all the other beneficial ingredients of
the vegetable.

If I didn't believe in the value of highly concentrated nutrients, I
wouldn't be spending a thousand $ a year on supplements.

>> Or,
>> let's say I just want to eat one carrot, is that just as good as
>> juicing that carrot?
>
> Yes.

Of course. But, is 100 cc of whole carrot "as good" as 100 cc of
concentrated carrot juice extract? In terms of amount of nutrients (not
including fiber), the answer is no.

>> Thanks.
>
> You're welcome.

You're double welcome.

David

bc
October 5th 05, 08:00 PM
wrote:
> You hear so much about juicing recently. Most Naturopaths highly
> recommend to juice for life. They make claims that juicing veggies
> is better for you then just eating them. Sure, I can see one
> advantage to juicing which is that you can intake lots more carrots if
> you juice them, then just eating them raw. Also, the body takes more
> energy the digest the whole carrot as oppose to just the carrot juice.
> The fibber which goes to waste is also good for you but if you are
> juicing lots of vegetable, it will be more that you need or can handle.
>

> For argument sake, let's say I am getting plenty of fibber during my
> day, is juicing veggies better for you then just eating them? Or,
> let's say I just want to eat one carrot, is that just as good as
> juicing that carrot? Thanks.

It's a marketing thing to sell expensive juicers like the one sitting
below my cabinet that never gets used. I suppose for people who are
too lazy, or unable, to chew up all those veggies, it is an
alternative. I like crunching those veggies myself and not have to
bother cleaning that little micro screen thing.

- bc

TheBillRogers
October 5th 05, 08:01 PM
On 5 Oct 2005 11:23:06 -0700, wrote:

> Sure, I can see one
>advantage to juicing which is that you can intake lots more carrots if
>you juice them, then just eating them raw. Also, the body takes more
>energy the digest the whole carrot as oppose to just the carrot juice.
> The fibber which goes to waste is also good for you but if you are
>juicing lots of vegetable, it will be more that you need or can handle.

You know nothing about carrotts, or nutrition. Carrotts have ZERO
vitamins unless cooked. It is the only veggie that the more/longer
it's cooked, the more vitamins you will absorb. Also throwing them in
a blender or juicer does not effect the fiber. So get a spelling
lesson, study up on nutriton, then find another way to make a fool of
yourself.

October 5th 05, 08:26 PM
Now that's a new theory I have never heard of. It only makes sense
that live things get killed when extreme height is applied. Try
swimming in boiling water, you will see :)
Sure there is still some vitamis after boiling, but certain live things
will be killed.

The BillRodgers
October 5th 05, 08:26 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Now that's a new theory I have never heard of. It only makes sense
> that live things get killed when extreme height is applied. Try
> swimming in boiling water, you will see :)
> Sure there is still some vitamis after boiling, but certain live things
> will be distroyed.

Only post your reply once, dummy.

October 5th 05, 08:26 PM
Now that's a new theory I have never heard of. It only makes sense
that live things get killed when extreme height is applied. Try
swimming in boiling water, you will see :)
Sure there is still some vitamis after boiling, but certain live things
will be distroyed.

TheBillRogers
October 5th 05, 10:53 PM
On 5 Oct 2005 12:26:00 -0700, wrote:

>Now that's a new theory I have never heard of. It only makes sense
>that live things get killed when extreme height is applied. Try
>swimming in boiling water, you will see :)
>Sure there is still some vitamis after boiling, but certain live things
>will be killed.

It only applies to carrotts, at least as far as I know. But you must
know it's true, or 5,000 creeps would've posted what an A hole I am
for saying it.

Jason Earl
October 6th 05, 01:56 AM
writes:

> You hear so much about juicing recently. Most Naturopaths highly
> recommend to juice for life. They make claims that juicing veggies
> is better for you then just eating them. Sure, I can see one
> advantage to juicing which is that you can intake lots more carrots
> if you juice them, then just eating them raw. Also, the body takes
> more energy the digest the whole carrot as oppose to just the carrot
> juice. The fibber which goes to waste is also good for you but if
> you are juicing lots of vegetable, it will be more that you need or
> can handle.

The first thing I would do is find out how many "naturopaths" make a
living selling juicers. I would then see how many naturopaths get
their nutritional advice from pamphlets that either come in the
juicers or from sources that make a living selling juicers.

From my experience a great deal of the health and nutritional
"research" that gets done is more about moving product than advancing
the state of the art. This goes just as well for serious laboratory
work as well as the "research" done by the folks trying to sell you
magnetized shoes. Ever wonder why so much research has gone into
study milk, the answer is simple, dairy farmers across the country are
willing to band together to pay for research.

> For argument sake, let's say I am getting plenty of fibber during my
> day, is juicing veggies better for you then just eating them? Or,
> let's say I just want to eat one carrot, is that just as good as
> juicing that carrot? Thanks.

When push comes to shove I think that it comes down to whether you are
more likely to eat more vegetables if you can juice them. If the
answer is yes, then its probably worth buying a juicer. Vegetables
are good for you. Ask your mom if you don't believe me :).

Jason

TheBillRogers
October 6th 05, 02:01 AM
On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 18:56:26 -0600, Jason Earl >
wrote:

>From my experience a great deal of the health and nutritional
>"research" that gets done is more about moving product than advancing
>the state of the art. This goes just as well for serious laboratory
>work as well as the "research" done by the folks trying to sell you
>magnetized shoes. Ever wonder why so much research has gone into
>study milk, the answer is simple, dairy farmers across the country are
>willing to band together to pay for research.

Jason, You are a paranoid schizophrenic. Seek help immediately. The
world is not full of crooked researchers, crooked milk farmers, and
crooked nutritionists. Although I admit this "naturopath" is nothing
more than a spammer, not everyone is like that, especially independent
studys (ever hear of those?).

Steve Freides
October 6th 05, 02:02 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "Steve Freides" > wrote
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>> You hear so much about juicing recently. Most Naturopaths highly
>>> recommend to juice for life. They make claims that juicing
>>> veggies
>>> is better for you then just eating them. Sure, I can see one
>>> advantage to juicing which is that you can intake lots more carrots
>>> if
>>> you juice them, then just eating them raw. Also, the body takes
>>> more
>>> energy the digest the whole carrot as oppose to just the carrot
>>> juice.
>>> The fibber which goes to waste is also good for you but if you are
>>> juicing lots of vegetable, it will be more that you need or can
>>> handle.
>>>
>>> For argument sake, let's say I am getting plenty of fibber during my
>>> day, is juicing veggies better for you then just eating them?
>>
>> No.
>
> I disagree. Given the assumption of already adequate fiber intake,
> juicing provides a more concentrated form of all the other beneficial
> ingredients of the vegetable.

Isn't this one those "is a pound of feathers heavier than a pound of
lead" kind of questions? If you get the same nutrients either way, you,
well, get the same nutrients either way. Given that juicing is one step
removed from the food in its natural state, while it might be possible
juicing does something good to the vegetable, it seems more likely that,
if anything, it might make the situation worse, e.g., some of the
nutrients would be left in the juicer. Is there anything to suggest
that your body will absorb more of a particular vitamin if xx grams is
contained in one ounce of water or one liter?

> If I didn't believe in the value of highly concentrated nutrients, I
> wouldn't be spending a thousand $ a year on supplements.

That's another matter entirely.

>>> Or,
>>> let's say I just want to eat one carrot, is that just as good as
>>> juicing that carrot?
>>
>> Yes.
>
> Of course. But, is 100 cc of whole carrot "as good" as 100 cc of
> concentrated carrot juice extract? In terms of amount of nutrients
> (not including fiber), the answer is no.

That wasn't the question.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

>>> Thanks.
>>
>> You're welcome.
>
> You're double welcome.
>
> David

David Cohen
October 6th 05, 02:24 AM
Steve Freides wrote:
> "David Cohen" > wrote
> > "Steve Freides" > wrote

> >> No.
> >
> > I disagree. Given the assumption of already adequate fiber intake,
> > juicing provides a more concentrated form of all the other beneficial
> > ingredients of the vegetable.
>
> Isn't this one those "is a pound of feathers heavier than a pound of
> lead" kind of questions? If you get the same nutrients either way, you,
> well, get the same nutrients either way. Given that juicing is one step
> removed from the food in its natural state, while it might be possible
> juicing does something good to the vegetable, it seems more likely that,
> if anything, it might make the situation worse, e.g., some of the
> nutrients would be left in the juicer. Is there anything to suggest
> that your body will absorb more of a particular vitamin if xx grams is
> contained in one ounce of water or one liter?

The issue is that you could not possibly eat the amount of fruits and
vegetables needed to obtain what is an optimal amount of the nutrients
contained in the fruits and veges. The OP used the premise of adequate
fiber intake. Given that, a greater amount of nutrients can be consumed
by juicing.

> > If I didn't believe in the value of highly concentrated nutrients, I
> > wouldn't be spending a thousand $ a year on supplements.
>
> That's another matter entirely.

No. It's the matter of the ability to consume enough whole food to
obtain optimal amounts of nutrients. It isn't possible.

> >> Yes.
> >
> > Of course. But, is 100 cc of whole carrot "as good" as 100 cc of
> > concentrated carrot juice extract? In terms of amount of nutrients
> > (not including fiber), the answer is no.
>
> That wasn't the question.

But, that was the answer.

David

The Queen of Cans and Jars
October 6th 05, 03:35 AM
> wrote:

> Now that's a new theory I have never heard of.

What are you talking about?

Steve Freides
October 6th 05, 05:25 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Steve Freides wrote:
>> "David Cohen" > wrote
>> > "Steve Freides" > wrote

>> > I disagree. Given the assumption of already adequate fiber intake,
>> > juicing provides a more concentrated form of all the other
>> > beneficial
>> > ingredients of the vegetable.
>>
>> Isn't this one those "is a pound of feathers heavier than a pound of
>> lead" kind of questions? If you get the same nutrients either way,
>> you,
>> well, get the same nutrients either way. Given that juicing is one
>> step
>> removed from the food in its natural state, while it might be
>> possible
>> juicing does something good to the vegetable, it seems more likely
>> that,
>> if anything, it might make the situation worse, e.g., some of the
>> nutrients would be left in the juicer. Is there anything to suggest
>> that your body will absorb more of a particular vitamin if xx grams
>> is
>> contained in one ounce of water or one liter?
>
> The issue is that you could not possibly eat the amount of fruits and
> vegetables needed to obtain what is an optimal amount of the nutrients
> contained in the fruits and veges. The OP used the premise of adequate
> fiber intake. Given that, a greater amount of nutrients can be
> consumed
> by juicing.

Nah, you're still avoiding the question. The question is not whether or
not having more nutrients than one could reasonably take in by eating
whole foods is good or not, the question is whether those nutrients,
let's even say a specific quantity of those nutrients, is any different
when it comes from a juicer than when it comes from whole food. So far,
you haven't said anything to suggest a difference exists. I own a
juicer, use it, and I think juicing is great, a happy medium, if you
will, between only eating foods and taking lots of pills, but that's not
the question, either.

>> > If I didn't believe in the value of highly concentrated nutrients,
>> > wouldn't be spending a thousand $ a year on supplements.
>>
>> That's another matter entirely.
>
> No. It's the matter of the ability to consume enough whole food to
> obtain optimal amounts of nutrients. It isn't possible.

See above.

>> > Of course. But, is 100 cc of whole carrot "as good" as 100 cc of
>> > concentrated carrot juice extract? In terms of amount of nutrients
>> > (not including fiber), the answer is no.
>>
>> That wasn't the question.
>
> But, that was the answer.

Yes, we got that. Still see above.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

> David

David Cohen
October 6th 05, 09:10 AM
Steve Freides wrote:
> "David Cohen" > wrote
> > Steve Freides wrote:
> >> "David Cohen" > wrote

> >> Isn't this one those "is a pound of feathers heavier than a pound of
> >> lead" kind of questions? If you get the same nutrients either way,
> >> you,
> >> well, get the same nutrients either way. Given that juicing is one
> >> step
> >> removed from the food in its natural state, while it might be
> >> possible
> >> juicing does something good to the vegetable, it seems more likely
> >> that,
> >> if anything, it might make the situation worse, e.g., some of the
> >> nutrients would be left in the juicer. Is there anything to suggest
> >> that your body will absorb more of a particular vitamin if xx grams
> >> is
> >> contained in one ounce of water or one liter?
> >
> > The issue is that you could not possibly eat the amount of fruits and
> > vegetables needed to obtain what is an optimal amount of the nutrients
> > contained in the fruits and veges. The OP used the premise of adequate
> > fiber intake. Given that, a greater amount of nutrients can be
> > consumed
> > by juicing.
>
> Nah, you're still avoiding the question.

Not successfully, apparently.

> The question is not whether or
> not having more nutrients than one could reasonably take in by eating
> whole foods is good or not, the question is whether those nutrients,
> let's even say a specific quantity of those nutrients, is any different
> when it comes from a juicer than when it comes from whole food. So far,
> you haven't said anything to suggest a difference exists. I own a
> juicer, use it, and I think juicing is great, a happy medium, if you
> will, between only eating foods and taking lots of pills, but that's not
> the question, either.

Maybe juicing releases more nutrients than chewing :)

More lycopene is released and bioavailable from tomatoes when cooked
with oil, as in pizza.

Which has nothing to do with the question, either, but I'm on a break
from my diet, so, I want some pizza.

> >> That's another matter entirely.
> >
> > No. It's the matter of the ability to consume enough whole food to
> > obtain optimal amounts of nutrients. It isn't possible.
>
> See above.

> >> That wasn't the question.
> >
> > But, that was the answer.
>
> Yes, we got that. Still see above.

Maybe the answer is 42.

David

Gregory Toomey
October 6th 05, 09:38 AM
TheBillRogers wrote:

> On 5 Oct 2005 11:23:06 -0700, wrote:
>

> You know nothing about carrotts, or nutrition. Carrotts have ZERO
> vitamins unless cooked.

Moron. The following values are the same or lower when cooked:

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/
Carrots, raw
Refuse: 11% (Crown, tops and scrapings)
Scientific Name: Daucus carota
NDB No: 11124 (Nutrient values and weights are for edible portion)
Vitamins
Vitamin C, total ascorbic acid mg 5.9
Thiamin mg 0.066
Riboflavin mg 0.058
Niacin mg 0.983

etc.

October 6th 05, 01:14 PM
"It only makes sense
that live things get killed when extreme height is applied."

Yeah, but only during that final, brief deceleration.

Steve Freides
October 6th 05, 02:28 PM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Steve Freides wrote:

>> > The issue is that you could not possibly eat the amount of fruits
>> > and
>> > vegetables needed to obtain what is an optimal amount of the
>> > nutrients
>> > contained in the fruits and veges. The OP used the premise of
>> > adequate
>> > fiber intake. Given that, a greater amount of nutrients can be
>> > consumed
>> > by juicing.
>>
>> Nah, you're still avoiding the question.
>
> Not successfully, apparently.
>
>> The question is not whether or
>> not having more nutrients than one could reasonably take in by eating
>> whole foods is good or not, the question is whether those nutrients,
>> let's even say a specific quantity of those nutrients, is any
>> different
>> when it comes from a juicer than when it comes from whole food. So
>> far,
>> you haven't said anything to suggest a difference exists. I own a
>> juicer, use it, and I think juicing is great, a happy medium, if you
>> will, between only eating foods and taking lots of pills, but that's
>> not
>> the question, either.
>
> Maybe juicing releases more nutrients than chewing :)

Now you're getting the hang of it. :)

> More lycopene is released and bioavailable from tomatoes when cooked
> with oil, as in pizza.

I'll be adding olive oil to my juicer from now on - if it works that way
for tomatoes, it's got to help in the juicer. :)

(Gotta have the smiley faces because you just know that someone will try
to take it seriously.)

> Which has nothing to do with the question, either, but I'm on a break
> from my diet, so, I want some pizza.

>> > No. It's the matter of the ability to consume enough whole food to
>> > obtain optimal amounts of nutrients. It isn't possible.
>>
>> See above.

>> > But, that was the answer.
>>
>> Yes, we got that. Still see above.
>
> Maybe the answer is 42.

14. The answer is always 14, except when it's purple (the answer that
is, not 14). I these things a long time ago but have never, until now,
had reason to mention them on mfw. I'm delighted such an occasion has
taken place.

> David

May the Schwartz be with you.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Ryan Case
October 6th 05, 02:43 PM
<snip>

> Which has nothing to do with the question, either, but I'm on a break
> from my diet, so, I want some pizza.

<snip>

evil, evil, evil man.

Ryan

David Cohen
October 6th 05, 05:45 PM
"Ryan Case" > wrote
> <snip>
>>
>> Which has nothing to do with the question, either, but I'm on a break
>> from my diet, so, I want some pizza.
>>
> <snip>
>
> evil, evil, evil man.

After you've LMMPSMFed for 2 1/2 months, you can have pizza, too.

David

Ryan Case
October 6th 05, 07:09 PM
David Cohen wrote:

> "Ryan Case" > wrote
>
>><snip>
>>
>>>Which has nothing to do with the question, either, but I'm on a break
>>>from my diet, so, I want some pizza.
>>>

>><snip>
>>
>>evil, evil, evil man.
>

> After you've LMMPSMFed for 2 1/2 months, you can have pizza, too.
>
> David

So what are your numbers for 10 weeks of hell?

BTW, I worked in pizza places all through college and part of high
school, so it is not all that tempting for me really.

Interesting side note. Busiest night I ever saw in a pizza place was
Halloween 1997. I hand tossed 350 pies in 3 hours.

Ryan

October 6th 05, 07:19 PM
>> After you've LMMPSMFed for 2 1/2 months, you can have pizza, too.
>>
>> David
>>

> So what are your numbers for 10 weeks of hell?
>

> BTW, I worked in pizza places all through college and part of high
> school, so it is not all that tempting for me really.
>
> Interesting side note. Busiest night I ever saw in a pizza place was
> Halloween 1997. I hand tossed 350 pies in 3 hours.
>
> Ryan

You tossed two pizzas a minute for 3 hours with no breaks?

Damn.

Ryan Case
October 6th 05, 07:55 PM
T wrote:

>>> After you've LMMPSMFed for 2 1/2 months, you can have pizza, too.
>>>
>>> David
>>>

>> So what are your numbers for 10 weeks of hell?
>>

>> BTW, I worked in pizza places all through college and part of high
>> school, so it is not all that tempting for me really.
>>
>> Interesting side note. Busiest night I ever saw in a pizza place was
>> Halloween 1997. I hand tossed 350 pies in 3 hours.
>>
>> Ryan
>

> You tossed two pizzas a minute for 3 hours with no breaks?
>
> Damn.

You'd be surprised how quickly three hours can pass.

Ryan

October 6th 05, 10:45 PM
I think it may be relevant that I work in the deli at a health food
store and the people who come in and order juices all the time from us
lok much less healthy then the people who are ordering other things. Im
serious the juice fanatics look peaked and wrinkled.

I think that juicing may be beneficial in moderation if one has a less
than impeccable diet but replacing whole food meals with juice is not
good. Carrot juice is loaded with sugar, thats why it tastes so damn
good!

peace

David Cohen
October 7th 05, 03:38 AM
Ryan Case wrote:
> David Cohen wrote:
> > "Ryan Case" > wrote
> >
> >><snip>

> >><snip>
> >>
> >>evil, evil, evil man.
> >
> > After you've LMMPSMFed for 2 1/2 months, you can have pizza, too.
>
> So what are your numbers for 10 weeks of hell?

I started at 254 and about 30% body fat. I ended at 203 and 13%. Then I
put back on the muscle and liver glycogen and associated water, over
two days, which put my weight at 210 and still 13%. So, I lost about 44
pounds of fat.

I'm gonna' take a two week break, unless I somehow hit my absolute
trigger weight of 220 first. The moment I hit 220 I restart the diet.
Hopefully I can avoid that. I've been eating very healthfully. I should
move to a commune in California and get in touch with my shakras, or
something.

David

> BTW, I worked in pizza places all through college and part of high
> school, so it is not all that tempting for me really.
>
> Interesting side note. Busiest night I ever saw in a pizza place was
> Halloween 1997. I hand tossed 350 pies in 3 hours.
>
> Ryan

David
October 7th 05, 06:34 AM
"Joe Humble" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 14:46:05 -0400, "Steve Freides"
> > wrote:
>
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>>> You hear so much about juicing recently. Most Naturopaths highly
>>> recommend to juice for life. They make claims that juicing veggies
>>> is better for you then just eating them. Sure, I can see one
>>> advantage to juicing which is that you can intake lots more carrots if
>>> you juice them, then just eating them raw. Also, the body takes
>>> more
>>> energy the digest the whole carrot as oppose to just the carrot
>>> juice.
>>> The fibber which goes to waste is also good for you but if you are
>>> juicing lots of vegetable, it will be more that you need or can
>>> handle.
>>>
>>> For argument sake, let's say I am getting plenty of fibber during my
>>> day, is juicing veggies better for you then just eating them?
>>
>>No.
>>

> It could very well taste better and isn't that the true measure of a
> food's value?
>
>>> Or,
>>> let's say I just want to eat one carrot, is that just as good as
>>> juicing that carrot?
>>
>>Yes.
>>

> But all that tedious crunching...

I find blending far superior to juicing
1) you get all the fibre
2) you waste nothing
3) it is far quicker to clean a blender than a juicer. On my blender there
is nothing to take apart - you just basically rinse it out

David
October 7th 05, 07:30 AM
"Joe Humble" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 14:46:05 -0400, "Steve Freides"
> > wrote:
>
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>>> You hear so much about juicing recently. Most Naturopaths highly
>>> recommend to juice for life. They make claims that juicing veggies
>>> is better for you then just eating them. Sure, I can see one
>>> advantage to juicing which is that you can intake lots more carrots if
>>> you juice them, then just eating them raw. Also, the body takes
>>> more
>>> energy the digest the whole carrot as oppose to just the carrot
>>> juice.
>>> The fibber which goes to waste is also good for you but if you are
>>> juicing lots of vegetable, it will be more that you need or can
>>> handle.
>>>
>>> For argument sake, let's say I am getting plenty of fibber during my
>>> day, is juicing veggies better for you then just eating them?
>>
>>No.
>>

> It could very well taste better and isn't that the true measure of a
> food's value?
>
>>> Or,
>>> let's say I just want to eat one carrot, is that just as good as
>>> juicing that carrot?
>>
>>Yes.
>>

> But all that tedious crunching...

Only thing about blending vegetables is that you need to blend with around
50% water so the concentration is diluted