PDA

View Full Version : what do you wear to the gym?

anonymous_joe
October 18th 05, 09:28 PM
Any suggestion for stylish workout clothes?
The shorts and tshirts I usually wear are looking pretty shabby
compared to what most people are wearing nowadays.
Any links,suggestions?

Hobbes
October 18th 05, 09:36 PM
In article >,
anonymous_joe > wrote:

> Any suggestion for stylish workout clothes?
> The shorts and tshirts I usually wear are looking pretty shabby
> compared to what most people are wearing nowadays.
> Any links,suggestions?

I go there to train. Screw style. What I think would look cool is 3 reps
of ATTG front squats with 405 lbs.

If I could do that I could go train in a kilt and be happy.

--
Keith

Bob Garrison
October 18th 05, 09:57 PM
"Hobbes" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> anonymous_joe > wrote:
>
>> Any suggestion for stylish workout clothes?
>> The shorts and tshirts I usually wear are looking pretty shabby
>> compared to what most people are wearing nowadays.
>> Any links,suggestions?
>
> I go there to train. Screw style. What I think would look cool is 3 reps
> of ATTG front squats with 405 lbs.
>
> If I could do that I could go train in a kilt and be happy.
>
> --
> Keith

I go to train to but there's nothing wrong with wanting to look good. For many
of us, part of the reason we train is to look good.

I'd like to find a t-shirt with sleeves that don't go 3/4 of the way down to the
elbows.

TheBillRodgers
October 18th 05, 09:59 PM
"anonymous_joe" > wrote in message
> Any suggestion for stylish workout clothes?
> The shorts and tshirts I usually wear are looking pretty shabby
> compared to what most people are wearing nowadays.
> Any links,suggestions?

http://www.msgr.ca/msgr-9/kilt%20clear.gif

Hobbes
October 18th 05, 10:00 PM
In article >,
"Bob Garrison" > wrote:

> "Hobbes" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > anonymous_joe > wrote:
> >
> >> Any suggestion for stylish workout clothes?
> >> The shorts and tshirts I usually wear are looking pretty shabby
> >> compared to what most people are wearing nowadays.
> >> Any links,suggestions?
> >
> > I go there to train. Screw style. What I think would look cool is 3 reps
> > of ATTG front squats with 405 lbs.
> >
> > If I could do that I could go train in a kilt and be happy.
> >
> > --
> > Keith
>
> I go to train to but there's nothing wrong with wanting to look good. For
> many
> of us, part of the reason we train is to look good.
>
> I'd like to find a t-shirt with sleeves that don't go 3/4 of the way down to
> the
> elbows.

Jeez Bob - I can wear a sleeve right down to the elbow and I _still_
think front squatting 405 lbs will look mighty fine!

:^)

--
Keith

The Queen of Cans and Jars
October 18th 05, 10:08 PM
Bob Garrison > wrote:

> "Hobbes" > wrote:
> > anonymous_joe > wrote:
> >
> >> Any suggestion for stylish workout clothes?
> >> The shorts and tshirts I usually wear are looking pretty shabby
> >> compared to what most people are wearing nowadays.
> >> Any links,suggestions?
> >
> > I go there to train. Screw style. What I think would look cool is 3 reps
> > of ATTG front squats with 405 lbs.
> >
> > If I could do that I could go train in a kilt and be happy.
> >
> > --
> > Keith
>
> I go to train to but there's nothing wrong with wanting to look good. For
> many of us, part of the reason we train is to look good.
>
> I'd like to find a t-shirt with sleeves that don't go 3/4 of the way down
> to the elbows.

You might wanna look into them new-fangled contraptions what's called
"scissors."

I hear they're all the rage!

TheBillRodgers
October 18th 05, 10:41 PM
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:28:23 -0400, anonymous_joe
> wrote:

>Any suggestion for stylish workout clothes?

Naked. You'll get more attention that way.

Lascivious Mink
October 19th 05, 02:54 AM
anonymous_joe wrote:

> Any suggestion for stylish workout clothes?
> The shorts and tshirts I usually wear are looking pretty shabby
> compared to what most people are wearing nowadays.
> Any links,suggestions?

www.underarmour.com

OmManiPadmeOmelet
October 19th 05, 03:12 AM
In article >,
Hobbes > wrote:

> In article >,
> anonymous_joe > wrote:
>
> > Any suggestion for stylish workout clothes?
> > The shorts and tshirts I usually wear are looking pretty shabby
> > compared to what most people are wearing nowadays.
> > Any links,suggestions?
>
> I go there to train. Screw style. What I think would look cool is 3 reps
> of ATTG front squats with 405 lbs.
>
> If I could do that I could go train in a kilt and be happy.

<lol>
Agreed...
I wear a pair of light black cotton pants and the t-shirt that the gym
sells for $6.00.

Most of the "regulars" wear the t-shirt.
They are good quality, hold up well and come in 4 different colors.

Cheers!
--
Om.

OmManiPadmeOmelet
October 19th 05, 03:15 AM
In article >,
(The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote:

> Bob Garrison > wrote:

> > > I go there to train. Screw style. What I think would look cool is 3 reps
> > > of ATTG front squats with 405 lbs.
> > >
> > > If I could do that I could go train in a kilt and be happy.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Keith
> >
> > I go to train to but there's nothing wrong with wanting to look good. For
> > many of us, part of the reason we train is to look good.
> >
> > I'd like to find a t-shirt with sleeves that don't go 3/4 of the way down
> > to the elbows.
>
> You might wanna look into them new-fangled contraptions what's called
> "scissors."
>
> I hear they're all the rage!

I was thinking the same thing. ;-)
He'd have to re-hem it tho'.
Not too many guys know how to sew.
--
Om.

Curt James
October 19th 05, 03:37 AM
anonymous_joe asked:

> Any suggestion for stylish workout clothes?

I was stylin' last night with a pair of black ten-dollar Walmart track
pants, black thirty-dollar Nikes, and a Hard Rock Cafe Atlanta t-shirt
with, yeah, the sleeves cut off at the shoulders to show off the
*massif 13-inch pythons!*

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

Jason Earl
October 19th 05, 03:40 AM
"Bob Garrison" > writes:

> "Hobbes" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> anonymous_joe > wrote:
>>
>>> Any suggestion for stylish workout clothes?
>>> The shorts and tshirts I usually wear are looking pretty shabby
>>> compared to what most people are wearing nowadays.
>>> Any links,suggestions?
>>
>> I go there to train. Screw style. What I think would look cool is 3 reps
>> of ATTG front squats with 405 lbs.
>>
>> If I could do that I could go train in a kilt and be happy.
>>
>> --
>> Keith
>
> I go to train to but there's nothing wrong with wanting to look
> good. For many of us, part of the reason we train is to look good.
>
> I'd like to find a t-shirt with sleeves that don't go 3/4 of the way
> down to the elbows.

Try buying your t-shirts a size smaller. They'll be a little harder
to get on, but the tighter fit will show off your muscles and the
sleeves will no longer be too long.

Jason

John Hanson
October 19th 05, 04:28 AM
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:08:14 GMT, (The Queen of
Cans and Jars) wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>Bob Garrison > wrote:

>> > I go there to train. Screw style. What I think would look cool is 3 reps
>> > of ATTG front squats with 405 lbs.
>> >
>> > If I could do that I could go train in a kilt and be happy.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Keith
>>
>> I go to train to but there's nothing wrong with wanting to look good. For
>> many of us, part of the reason we train is to look good.
>>
>> I'd like to find a t-shirt with sleeves that don't go 3/4 of the way down
>> to the elbows.
>
>You might wanna look into them new-fangled contraptions what's called
>"scissors."
>
>I hear they're all the rage!

My buddy, Keith Belisle, cuts the sleeves off all of his T-shirts.
Whenever the subject of guns comes up with Keith, he always mentions
the fact that he only has two guns, but he carries them everywhere he
goes.

John Hanson
October 19th 05, 04:36 AM
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:28:23 -0400, anonymous_joe
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>Any suggestion for stylish workout clothes?
>The shorts and tshirts I usually wear are looking pretty shabby
>compared to what most people are wearing nowadays.
>Any links,suggestions?

A T-shirt from a powerlifting meet and a pair of shorts.

The Queen of Cans and Jars
October 19th 05, 04:57 AM
John Hanson > wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:08:14 GMT, (The Queen of
> Cans and Jars) wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
> >Bob Garrison > wrote:

> >> I go to train to but there's nothing wrong with wanting to look good. For
> >> many of us, part of the reason we train is to look good.
> >>
> >> I'd like to find a t-shirt with sleeves that don't go 3/4 of the way down
> >> to the elbows.
> >
> >You might wanna look into them new-fangled contraptions what's called
> >"scissors."
> >
> >I hear they're all the rage!
>
> My buddy, Keith Belisle, cuts the sleeves off all of his T-shirts.
> Whenever the subject of guns comes up with Keith, he always mentions
> the fact that he only has two guns, but he carries them everywhere he
> goes.

Those are the kind of guns I can get behind.

MooMan
October 19th 05, 05:02 AM
anonymous_joe wrote in :

> Any suggestion for stylish workout clothes?
> The shorts and tshirts I usually wear are looking pretty shabby
> compared to what most people are wearing nowadays.
> Any links,suggestions?

I'm fond of shabby t-shirts and loose cotton shorts. You can pick up a
whole wardrobe for less than $10 at Target or WalMart

Moo

bc
October 19th 05, 07:37 AM
MooMan wrote:
> anonymous_joe wrote in :
>
> > Any suggestion for stylish workout clothes?
> > The shorts and tshirts I usually wear are looking pretty shabby
> > compared to what most people are wearing nowadays.
> > Any links,suggestions?
>

> I'm fond of shabby t-shirts and loose cotton shorts. You can pick up a
> whole wardrobe for less than $10 at Target or WalMart
>
> Moo

This is a zoolander thread isn't it?

- bc

Per Elmsäter
October 19th 05, 10:12 AM
anonymous_joe wrote:
> Any suggestion for stylish workout clothes?
> The shorts and tshirts I usually wear are looking pretty shabby
> compared to what most people are wearing nowadays.
> Any links,suggestions?

Spandex is where it's at ;)

--
Perre
I gave up on SPAM and redirected it to hotmail instead.

anonymous_joe
October 19th 05, 07:17 PM
> I go to train to but there's nothing wrong with wanting to look good. For many
> of us, part of the reason we train is to look good.
>
> I'd like to find a t-shirt with sleeves that don't go 3/4 of the way down to the
> elbows.

Funny you should say that because my favorite workout shirts are
baseball style shirts with 3/4 length sleeves. ha ha ha ha
Guess I am not so much concerned with showing off. Just maybe
looking a little more hip. That underarmor link someone posted
looks like some pretty cool stuff.

endovtha
October 19th 05, 08:02 PM
I like to expose my vpl when squating- I wear leopard skin guntees with
poo stripes . I love to let oone rip as I breath out- alos top wise I
willl mostly be wearing whatever I can find in the grabage truck and
dictionary...you ****sya

October 19th 05, 08:59 PM
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:17:01 -0400, anonymous_joe
> wrote:

>Funny you should say that because my favorite workout shirts are
>baseball style shirts with 3/4 length sleeves. ha ha ha ha
>Guess I am not so much concerned with showing off.

Me either. What stupidity. I say if you are looking at other guys
working out, you are queer as a 4$ bill.

R Smith
October 19th 05, 11:14 PM
"anonymous_joe" > wrote in message
> Any suggestion for stylish workout clothes?
> The shorts and tshirts I usually wear are looking pretty shabby
> compared to what most people are wearing nowadays.
> Any links,suggestions?

Some workout/running shorts I bought in 1986. No $hit.
They split beautifully up the side too whilst performing deep "ass in the
grass" squats.

Now I look like Tonto. Or Tarzan. With TBR as Cheetah.

October 19th 05, 11:18 PM
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:14:28 -0500, "R Smith"
> wrote:

>Now I look like Tonto. Or Tarzan. With TBR as Cheetah.

You look more like Jane (a really, really UGLY Jane)