PDA

View Full Version : which muscles are targeted by doing pushups?

Adam B******
October 24th 03, 07:18 AM
hi all, do pushups work your biceps, triceps and pecks?

thanks

Wayne S. Hill
October 24th 03, 02:15 PM
Adam B****** wrote:

> hi all, do pushups work your biceps, triceps and pecks?
>
> thanks

No, yes, yes (pecs), plus delts, abs and a whole bunch of other
muscles to various extents.

--
-Wayne

T.R.H
October 24th 03, 04:04 PM
Wayne S. Hill wrote:

> Adam B****** wrote:
>

>>hi all, do pushups work your biceps, triceps and pecks?
>>
>>thanks
>

> No, yes, yes (pecs), plus delts, abs and a whole bunch of other
> muscles to various extents.

I would have thought for sure that they worked the biceps....

Tony Kujawa
October 24th 03, 04:13 PM
"T.R.H" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Wayne S. Hill wrote:
>
> > Adam B****** wrote:
> >

> >>hi all, do pushups work your biceps, triceps and pecks?
> >>
> >>thanks
> >

> > No, yes, yes (pecs), plus delts, abs and a whole bunch of other
> > muscles to various extents.
> >
> I would have thought for sure that they worked the biceps....

Why? It's a pushing exercise.

Tony

DRS
October 24th 03, 04:13 PM
T.R.H > wrote in message [email protected]
> Wayne S. Hill wrote:
>> Adam B****** wrote:
>>
>>> hi all, do pushups work your biceps, triceps and pecks?
>>
>> No, yes, yes (pecs), plus delts, abs and a whole bunch of other
>> muscles to various extents.
>>
> I would have thought for sure that they worked the biceps....

How would that work? On the downward motion you're not pulling the floor
towards you, which would involve the biceps. On the upward motion it's
triceps, of course.

--

"Posting at the top because that's where the cursor happened to be is like
****ting in your pants because that's where your asshole happened to be."

OmegaZero2003
October 24th 03, 04:37 PM
"DRS" > wrote in message
> T.R.H > wrote in message [email protected]
> > Wayne S. Hill wrote:

> >> No, yes, yes (pecs), plus delts, abs and a whole bunch of other
> >> muscles to various extents.
> >>
> > I would have thought for sure that they worked the biceps....
>
> How would that work? On the downward motion you're not pulling the floor
> towards you, which would involve the biceps. On the upward motion it's
> triceps, of course.

Of course there is no chest involvement right Mr. Reality?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

> --
>
> "Posting at the top because that's where the cursor happened to be is like
> ****ting in your pants because that's where your asshole happened to be."
> Andreas Prilop

dogsbody
October 24th 03, 06:39 PM
"Tony Kujawa" > wrote in news:[email protected]
126279.news.uni-berlin.de:

> "T.R.H" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Wayne S. Hill wrote:

>> > No, yes, yes (pecs), plus delts, abs and a whole bunch of other
>> > muscles to various extents.
>> >
>> I would have thought for sure that they worked the biceps....
>

> Why? It's a pushing exercise.
>
> Tony

You have to pull yourself back to earth to overcome the lifting effect of
being an airhead.

dogsbody

David
October 24th 03, 06:51 PM
"dogsbody" > wrote in message
54...
> "Tony Kujawa" > wrote in news:[email protected]
> 126279.news.uni-berlin.de:
>
> > "T.R.H" > wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]

> >> I would have thought for sure that they worked the biceps....
> >

> > Why? It's a pushing exercise.
> >
> > Tony
> >

> You have to pull yourself back to earth to overcome the lifting effect of
> being an airhead.
>
> dogsbody

nobody could be that stupid - maybe he is 'pulling' our leg