PDA

View Full Version : brad pitt in fight club

October 31st 03, 02:24 AM
hey,

trying to build some toned muscle, ideally i would like to look liked brad
pitty in fight cube or maybe david blaine when he came out of he cube he
was in.

anyway, if i do weight lifting i'm afraid of building up too much muscle so
i've been doing a lot of pilates instead. so for the last few weeks i've
tried this while following the Zone diet and it hasn't worked.

now i'm thinking, hey...maybe i should lift some weights to buid on more mass.

what is the best way to do this without also adding on fat?

ronnie

gps
October 31st 03, 02:25 AM
wrote:

> hey,
>
> trying to build some toned muscle, ideally i would like to look liked brad
> pitty in fight cube or maybe david blaine when he came out of he cube he
> was in.
>
> anyway, if i do weight lifting i'm afraid of building up too much muscle so
> i've been doing a lot of pilates instead. so for the last few weeks i've
> tried this while following the Zone diet and it hasn't worked.
>
> now i'm thinking, hey...maybe i should lift some weights to buid on more mass.
>
> what is the best way to do this without also adding on fat?
>
> ronnie

steroids
ps

elzinator
October 31st 03, 02:48 AM
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:24:49 -0600, wrote:

>hey,
>
>trying to build some toned muscle, ideally i would like to look liked brad
>pitty in fight cube or maybe david blaine when he came out of he cube he
>was in.
>
>anyway, if i do weight lifting i'm afraid of building up too much muscle so
>i've been doing a lot of pilates instead. so for the last few weeks i've
>tried this while following the Zone diet and it hasn't worked.
>
>now i'm thinking, hey...maybe i should lift some weights to buid on more mass.
>
>what is the best way to do this without also adding on fat?

Use a sharp knife to trim your body fat off.

Don
October 31st 03, 02:52 AM
Signs of a troll:
1. wants to be "toned"
2. afraid of too much muscle, like oops, I'm huge, damn it! how that happen?
3. pilates
4. no results after....WEEKS!

In article >,
says...

>hey,

>trying to build some toned muscle, ideally i would like to look liked brad
>pitty in fight cube or maybe david blaine when he came out of he cube he
>was in.
>
>anyway, if i do weight lifting i'm afraid of building up too much muscle so
>i've been doing a lot of pilates instead. so for the last few weeks i've
>tried this while following the Zone diet and it hasn't worked.
>
>now i'm thinking, hey...maybe i should lift some weights to buid on more
mass.

>what is the best way to do this without also adding on fat?
>
>ronnie

JC Der Koenig
October 31st 03, 02:55 AM
> wrote in message
>

> anyway, if i do weight lifting i'm afraid of building up too much muscle
so
> i've been doing a lot of pilates instead.

Thanks for the laugh.

Rambo Four Sythia
October 31st 03, 03:05 AM
writes:

> hey,
>
> trying to build some toned muscle, ideally i would like to look liked brad
> pitty in fight cube or maybe david blaine when he came out of he cube he
> was in.
>
> anyway, if i do weight lifting i'm afraid of building up too much muscle so
> i've been doing a lot of pilates instead. so for the last few weeks i've
> tried this while following the Zone diet and it hasn't worked.

Seems like anything real would take more than a few weeks, but hey.

> now i'm thinking, hey...maybe i should lift some weights to buid on
> more mass.

So you changed your mind, right? Before you did pilates to avoid
bulk, but now by "more mass" I think you means that a little bulk is
OK.

> what is the best way to do this without also adding on fat?

If your question is, "How do I add bulk without adding fat?" you can
search the mfw archives at groups.google.com for the answer.

In short, you can add muscle by eating a lot and lifting weights. In
the process you will add fat, too, but then you can "cut", taking the
fat off to leave muscle. This is bodybuilding in a nutshell, I guess.

--
R4S

Rambo Four Sythia
October 31st 03, 03:08 AM
(Don) writes:

> Signs of a troll:
> 1. wants to be "toned"
> 2. afraid of too much muscle, like oops, I'm huge, damn it! how that happen?
> 3. pilates
> 4. no results after....WEEKS!

Yeah, after sending a response I realized I'd been caught! I should
drink more beer. Then I'd be thinking clearly.

--
R4S

Martin Shuster
October 31st 03, 04:49 AM
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Rambo Four Sythia wrote:

> (Don) writes:
>
> > Signs of a troll:
> > 1. wants to be "toned"
> > 2. afraid of too much muscle, like oops, I'm huge, damn it! how that happen?
> > 3. pilates
> > 4. no results after....WEEKS!
>
> Yeah, after sending a response I realized I'd been caught! I should
> drink more beer. Then I'd be thinking clearly.

You may simply be drinking the wrong beer.

--
MS ]

John HUDSON
October 31st 03, 09:46 AM
On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 02:25:42 GMT, gps > wrote:

wrote:

>> hey,
>>
>> trying to build some toned muscle, ideally i would like to look liked brad
>> pitty in fight cube or maybe david blaine when he came out of he cube he
>> was in.
>>
>> anyway, if i do weight lifting i'm afraid of building up too much muscle so
>> i've been doing a lot of pilates instead. so for the last few weeks i've
>> tried this while following the Zone diet and it hasn't worked.
>>
>> now i'm thinking, hey...maybe i should lift some weights to buid on more mass.
>>
>> what is the best way to do this without also adding on fat?
>>
>> ronnie
>
>steroids

How about hemorrhoids? You get quite a mass with every effort! ;o)

>ps

Mistress Krista
October 31st 03, 11:38 AM
> wrote in message
> hey,
>
> trying to build some toned muscle, ideally i would like to look liked brad
> pitty in fight cube or maybe david blaine when he came out of he cube he
> was in.
>
> anyway, if i do weight lifting i'm afraid of building up too much muscle
so
> i've been doing a lot of pilates instead.

LOL good one!

Krista

--
--------------------
www.stumptuous.com/weights.html

Buddee
October 31st 03, 11:56 AM
Seriously, is this a joke or a real question?

Buddee.

> wrote in message
> hey,
>
> trying to build some toned muscle, ideally i would like to look liked brad
> pitty in fight cube or maybe david blaine when he came out of he cube he
> was in.
>
> anyway, if i do weight lifting i'm afraid of building up too much muscle
so
> i've been doing a lot of pilates instead. so for the last few weeks i've
> tried this while following the Zone diet and it hasn't worked.
>
> now i'm thinking, hey...maybe i should lift some weights to buid on more
mass.

> what is the best way to do this without also adding on fat?
>
> ronnie

---

Dave H
October 31st 03, 02:16 PM
"Buddee" > wrote in message
> Seriously, is this a joke or a real question?
>
> Buddee.

Seriously, is your response a joke or a real question?

dave h

> > wrote in message
> > hey,
> >
> > trying to build some toned muscle, ideally i would like to look liked
brad
> > pitty in fight cube or maybe david blaine when he came out of he cube he
> > was in.
> >
> > anyway, if i do weight lifting i'm afraid of building up too much muscle
> so
> > i've been doing a lot of pilates instead. so for the last few weeks
i've
> > tried this while following the Zone diet and it hasn't worked.
> >
> > now i'm thinking, hey...maybe i should lift some weights to buid on more
> mass.
> >
> > what is the best way to do this without also adding on fat?
> >
> > ronnie
>

> ---

Rambo Four Sythia
October 31st 03, 02:18 PM
"Buddee" > writes:

> Seriously, is this a joke or a real question?

The original poster said in a different message that he's been lurking
in mfw for a while. If that's so, then it was certainly a joke.

--
R4S

Top Sirloin
October 31st 03, 03:07 PM
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:24:49 -0600, wrote:

>hey,
>
>trying to build some toned muscle, ideally i would like to look liked brad
>pitty in fight cube or maybe david blaine when he came out of he cube he
>was in.

Blaine? He looked skinny-fat to me, not lean and muscular.

--
Scott Johnson
"Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are

Kirk Roy
October 31st 03, 04:29 PM
Top Sirloin > wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:24:49 -0600, wrote:
>>hey,
>>
>>trying to build some toned muscle, ideally i would like to look liked brad
>>pitty in fight cube or maybe david blaine when he came out of he cube he
>>was in.
>
> Blaine? He looked skinny-fat to me, not lean and muscular.

I thought that reference was part of this art of this fine trolling
effort.

Say, are you a lightweight yet? What kind of riding volume are you doing?

Kirk

John Dongle
October 31st 03, 04:51 PM
"Buddee" > wrote in message >...
> Seriously, is this a joke or a real question?
>
> Buddee.
>
> > wrote in message
> > hey,
> >
> > trying to build some toned muscle, ideally i would like to look liked brad
> > pitty in fight cube or maybe david blaine when he came out of he cube he
> > was in.
> >
> > anyway, if i do weight lifting i'm afraid of building up too much muscle
> so
> > i've been doing a lot of pilates instead. so for the last few weeks i've
> > tried this while following the Zone diet and it hasn't worked.
> >
> > now i'm thinking, hey...maybe i should lift some weights to buid on more
> mass.
> >
> > what is the best way to do this without also adding on fat?
> >
> > ronnie
>

> ---

The answer is actually INCREDIBLY simple. Brad, Madonna, and even Ben
Affleck claim to have done it in just a few months. Get a personal
trainer, have all your days free, work your ass off, and diet like
hell. Bingo! You're Brad Jr.

John Dongle

"I eat chocolate just for the protien"

billydee
October 31st 03, 05:05 PM
Smoke lots of cigs and don't eat. Pretty soon you'll look just like
Brad with no weightlifting needed!

wrote in message >...
> hey,
>
> trying to build some toned muscle, ideally i would like to look liked brad
> pitty in fight cube or maybe david blaine when he came out of he cube he
> was in.
>
> anyway, if i do weight lifting i'm afraid of building up too much muscle so
> i've been doing a lot of pilates instead. so for the last few weeks i've
> tried this while following the Zone diet and it hasn't worked.
>
> now i'm thinking, hey...maybe i should lift some weights to buid on more mass.
>
> what is the best way to do this without also adding on fat?
>
> ronnie

Top Sirloin
October 31st 03, 05:29 PM
On 31 Oct 2003 16:29:19 GMT, Kirk Roy > wrote:

>I thought that reference was part of this art of this fine trolling
>effort.

Ah.

>Say, are you a lightweight yet? What kind of riding volume are you doing?

Not yet and not much. Actually I'm starting today, when I get home. I'm doing
the same block training that Lyle is, and Morris has you start off base blocks
with intervals so you can start transitioning your raw strength into something
more cycling specific while you build base.

I'm still dieting but I still have a ways to go before I'm where I really want
to be.

I'll be up in your neck of the woods Dec 5th-7th BTW. :-)

--
Scott Johnson
"Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are
why they only open the top half of caskets." -Tommy Bowen

Kirk Roy
October 31st 03, 07:01 PM
Top Sirloin > wrote:
> On 31 Oct 2003 16:29:19 GMT, Kirk Roy > wrote:
>>I thought that reference was part of this art of this fine trolling
>>effort.
>
> Ah.
>
>>Say, are you a lightweight yet? What kind of riding volume are you doing?
>
> Not yet and not much. Actually I'm starting today, when I get home. I'm
> doing the same block training that Lyle is, and Morris has you start
> off base blocks with intervals so you can start transitioning your raw
> strength into something more cycling specific while you build base.

I would be choking up a lung if I did intervals early. My pansified little
lungs get asthmatic in the cold and during volume or intensity building
periods. Sounds like a good idea though.

> I'm still dieting but I still have a ways to go before I'm where I
> really want to be.

Riding it off works pretty well but it'll screw lifting up in a big way.
I'm doing diPasquale's powerlifter oriented diet (basically low carb with
refeeds plus buying lots of his pricey supplements, I'll buy some generic
supps...) to move up to 198 without getting chunky fat.

> I'll be up in your neck of the woods Dec 5th-7th BTW. :-)

Hmmm....

Kirk

gps
November 1st 03, 05:23 PM
John HUDSON wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 02:25:42 GMT, gps > wrote:
>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> hey,
> >>
> >> trying to build some toned muscle, ideally i would like to look liked brad
> >> pitty in fight cube or maybe david blaine when he came out of he cube he
> >> was in.
> >>
> >> anyway, if i do weight lifting i'm afraid of building up too much muscle so
> >> i've been doing a lot of pilates instead. so for the last few weeks i've
> >> tried this while following the Zone diet and it hasn't worked.
> >>
> >> now i'm thinking, hey...maybe i should lift some weights to buid on more mass.
> >>
> >> what is the best way to do this without also adding on fat?
> >>
> >> ronnie
> >
> >steroids
>
> How about hemorrhoids? You get quite a mass with every effort! ;o)

Are things piling up on you John?
ps

John HUDSON
November 1st 03, 05:39 PM
On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 17:23:10 GMT, gps > wrote:

>John HUDSON wrote:

>> >steroids
>>
>> How about hemorrhoids? You get quite a mass with every effort! ;o)
>
>Are things piling up on you John?

What, like a bunch of grapes Pat?

>ps

Anonymous
November 1st 03, 11:34 PM
I would like to know how Ed Norton got to look the way he looked in
American History X. What exercises did he do?

wrote:
> hey,
>
> trying to build some toned muscle, ideally i would like to look liked
> brad pitty in fight cube or maybe david blaine when he came out of he
> cube he
> was in.
>
> anyway, if i do weight lifting i'm afraid of building up too much
> muscle so i've been doing a lot of pilates instead. so for the last
> few weeks i've tried this while following the Zone diet and it hasn't
> worked.
>
> now i'm thinking, hey...maybe i should lift some weights to buid on
> more mass.
>
> what is the best way to do this without also adding on fat?
>
> ronnie

Martin Shuster
November 2nd 03, 12:47 AM
On Sat, 1 Nov 2003, Anonymous wrote:

> I would like to know how Ed Norton got to look the way he looked in
> American History X. What exercises did he do?

Creatine and trap-bars, dude.

--
MS ]

Anonymous
November 2nd 03, 01:41 AM
1. Do you know that for a fact?
2. What's a trap-bar

thanx

Martin Shuster wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Nov 2003, Anonymous wrote:
>
>> I would like to know how Ed Norton got to look the way he looked in
>> American History X. What exercises did he do?
>
> Creatine and trap-bars, dude.

Martin Shuster
November 2nd 03, 04:16 AM
On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Anonymous wrote:

> 1. Do you know that for a fact?
> 2. What's a trap-bar

Yes.

A trap bar is a very useful piece of gym equipment.

--
MS ]

Lee Michaels
November 2nd 03, 05:58 AM
"Martin Shuster" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Anonymous wrote:
>
> > 1. Do you know that for a fact?
> > 2. What's a trap-bar
>
> Yes.
>
> A trap bar is a very useful piece of gym equipment.

After all these requests for what a trap bar is, I decided to google "trap
bar" to see what came up.

There were over 3,000 hits.

The most intriguing one was the boobie trap bar. Is not what you think. It
is acutally a drinking establishment located in Topeka, Kansas. They have
tough requirements for the muscical hired help. http://www.boobietrapbar.com
One of them is,

Band members will be asked to provide 6 forms of ID, an original birth
certificate, mother's permission slip, a stool sample, a DNA sample, and at
least 50 personal references to make sure that you have the Metal Balls
enough to rock The Boobie Trap Bar.

In any case if you really don't know what a trap bar is, google it. Google
is your friend. We are not.

Bob MacWilliam
November 2nd 03, 10:43 PM
"Anonymous" > wrote in message
et...
> 1. Do you know that for a fact?
> 2. What's a trap-bar
>
> thanx
>
> Martin Shuster wrote:
> > On Sat, 1 Nov 2003, Anonymous wrote:
> >
> >> I would like to know how Ed Norton got to look the way he looked in
> >> American History X. What exercises did he do?
> >
> > Creatine and trap-bars, dude.

I'll try not to rant too much here but guys like Edward Norton and Brat
Pitt, and even Tom Hanks perfectly illustrate a point I've held for a long
time. If these guys can get ripped, anybody can get ripped, so why do so
few get there? So many ask what did these guys do to get ripped? What's
different about them? Why can they get ripped while my spare tire just
grows? It must be because they're rich - that's why. It's certainly not
because they're genetically gifted, in fact those three look pretty average
to me (metabolically speaking that is). None of them would even be close at
even the lowest level natural bodybuilding competition. But they do look
great in this condition, I must admit. Being ripped looks cool. So how
does an average schmo do this?

Well I'm telling you, the difference is one small thing and that's
motivation. Maybe they all have personal trainers that follow them
everywhere and swat cookies out of their mouths, but I'm willing to bet the
biggest difference is how they view it from their own minds. First of all
anyone reading this group will have access to superior info compared to any
Hollywood personal trainer, so you're already one step ahead. After you
know WHAT to do then you have to execute. You have to want it - cliche but
true. These big movie stars have perseverance - a single-minded
determination to succeed (well they might have a few million reasons to
succeed). This is how a genetically average person can get ripped -
determination and will to succeed. They have no magical program or exercise
regime. Like I said, there's better info on those topics right here in
front of your eyes.

This is exactly what I did. I read this group constantly (weeding through
some noise, sure) then decided I was going to do it and I friggin' did it
for the first time at 36 years old - naturally (at least no 'roids). I
don't mean slim either - I'm talking
vein-bulging-muscle-striation-ab-vascularity-total-quad-separation ripped.
I did it because I knew it could be done and the only reason I would fail
would be because of mental weakness and I sure the hell was not going to let
that happen. It was not a lifestyle change, or a permanent
food-relationship alteration thing, or a live-in-the-gym thing either. I
took 12 measley weeks out of my life and for once controlled what I put in
my mouth and increased my cardio somewhat too. I did not turn my life
upside down. Right now I'm not ripped because I'm trying to move up a
weight class, and I eat totally normally outside of a little supplementation
here and there. I'll be ripped again when the sun shines next spring. The
cool thing is, it gets easier each time too.

If you're way fat (say >30%) you've got more work ahead of you sure, but the
principle's the same. However, if you're 10-20%, it is not as tough as you
think. If the Hollywood pretty-boys can do it, you can too!!!

Bob

elzinator
November 2nd 03, 11:08 PM
On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 17:43:32 -0500, "Bob MacWilliam"
> wrote:

>This is exactly what I did. I read this group constantly (weeding through
>some noise, sure) then decided I was going to do it and I friggin' did it
>for the first time at 36 years old - naturally (at least no 'roids). I
>don't mean slim either - I'm talking
>vein-bulging-muscle-striation-ab-vascularity-total-quad-separation ripped.

jpegs please......

Do you have a kilt?

November 2nd 03, 11:15 PM
Buddee > wrote:
> Seriously, is this a joke or a real question?

Not a question. I just miss seeing questions like this so I've decided i'm going to post
them myself.

Is it trolling? No, I think not. I consider it to be more performance art (think david
blane in a box or me posting here, pretty much the same thing).

ronnie

November 3rd 03, 12:47 AM
Anonymous > wrote:
> I would like to know how Ed Norton got to look the way he looked in
> American History X. What exercises did he do?

why? dude..if you looked like brad pitt in fight club you would be so much better
than ed norton did look in American history X.

once you reach brad pitt's physicque in fight cube you could easily scale down from
there (by doing cardio) to look more like ed norton.

that would be a better goal..and who knows...once u look like brad you may say "Hey,
I like the way I look...i think I'll stay".

just ask any stripper in a club who they would rather bone.

November 3rd 03, 12:50 AM
Bob MacWilliam > wrote:
> If you're way fat (say >30%) you've got more work ahead of you sure, but the
> principle's the same. However, if you're 10-20%, it is not as tough as you
> think. If the Hollywood pretty-boys can do it, you can too!!!

Are you boning Jennifer Aniston on the side also?

Adam Fahy
November 3rd 03, 12:52 AM
Bob MacWilliam wrote:

> I'll try not to rant too much here but guys like Edward Norton and Brat
> Pitt, and even Tom Hanks perfectly illustrate a point I've held for a long
> time. If these guys can get ripped, anybody can get ripped, so why do so
> few get there? So many ask what did these guys do to get ripped? What's
> different about them? Why can they get ripped while my spare tire just
> grows? It must be because they're rich - that's why. It's certainly not
> because they're genetically gifted, in fact those three look pretty average
> to me (metabolically speaking that is). None of them would even be close at
> even the lowest level natural bodybuilding competition. But they do look
> great in this condition, I must admit. Being ripped looks cool. So how
> does an average schmo do this?

If I give you a multi-million-dollar contract predicated to a certain
extent on your being ripped, you will get ripped. All the bull**** goes
out the window when millions of dollars are on the line, and millions of
people around the world will be seeing your naked torso. And judging
you. And deciding whether or not you will get millions of dollars in
future projects.

-Adam

Robert Schuh
November 3rd 03, 01:31 AM
wrote:

> Bob MacWilliam > wrote:
>
>>If you're way fat (say >30%) you've got more work ahead of you sure, but the
>>principle's the same. However, if you're 10-20%, it is not as tough as you
>>think. If the Hollywood pretty-boys can do it, you can too!!!
>

> Are you boning Jennifer Aniston on the side also?

I don't know too many men who find her attractive in the slightest.

Bob MacWilliam
November 3rd 03, 03:15 AM
"elzinator" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 17:43:32 -0500, "Bob MacWilliam"
> > wrote:
>
> >This is exactly what I did. I read this group constantly (weeding
through
> >some noise, sure) then decided I was going to do it and I friggin' did it
> >for the first time at 36 years old - naturally (at least no 'roids). I
> >don't mean slim either - I'm talking
> >vein-bulging-muscle-striation-ab-vascularity-total-quad-separation
ripped.

> jpegs please......
>
> Do you have a kilt?

If you really want 'em, I can send you a couple. Romove the crap from my
email address and I'll send some if you care.

I realize now that I may bit on a bit of a troll here on the OP and a couple
of replies- duh, but I'm serious about the point. If you (the general you)
want to get ripped, you can - suck it up and quit whining. These guys are
metabolically average and if they can do it, almost anybody can, but there's
no magic.

And yes I do have a kilt.

Bob

Bob MacWilliam
November 3rd 03, 03:16 AM
> wrote in message
> Bob MacWilliam > wrote:
> > If you're way fat (say >30%) you've got more work ahead of you sure, but
the
> > principle's the same. However, if you're 10-20%, it is not as tough as
you
> > think. If the Hollywood pretty-boys can do it, you can too!!!
>
> Are you boning Jennifer Aniston on the side also?

Why else would I bother getting ripped?

Bob MacWilliam
November 3rd 03, 03:21 AM
"Adam Fahy" > wrote in message
> Bob MacWilliam wrote:
>
> > I'll try not to rant too much here but guys like Edward Norton and Brat
> > Pitt, and even Tom Hanks perfectly illustrate a point I've held for a
long
> > time. If these guys can get ripped, anybody can get ripped, so why do
so
> > few get there? So many ask what did these guys do to get ripped?
What's
> > different about them? Why can they get ripped while my spare tire just
> > grows? It must be because they're rich - that's why. It's certainly
not
> > because they're genetically gifted, in fact those three look pretty
average
> > to me (metabolically speaking that is). None of them would even be
close at
> > even the lowest level natural bodybuilding competition. But they do
look
> > great in this condition, I must admit. Being ripped looks cool. So
how
> > does an average schmo do this?
>
> If I give you a multi-million-dollar contract predicated to a certain
> extent on your being ripped, you will get ripped. All the bull**** goes
> out the window when millions of dollars are on the line, and millions of
> people around the world will be seeing your naked torso. And judging
> you. And deciding whether or not you will get millions of dollars in
> future projects.
>

> -Adam

I agree, but all the bull**** you mention can go out the window for any
number of reasons including intrinsic motivation and extrinsic motivators
other than cash. The trick is to find your own window for bull****
throwing. Words to live by :-)

Bob

Gary Gnu
November 3rd 03, 04:28 PM
wrote in message >...
> hey,
>
> trying to build some toned muscle, ideally i would like to look liked brad
> pitty in fight cube or maybe david blaine when he came out of he cube he
> was in.
>
> anyway, if i do weight lifting i'm afraid of building up too much muscle so
> i've been doing a lot of pilates instead. so for the last few weeks i've
> tried this while following the Zone diet and it hasn't worked.
>
> now i'm thinking, hey...maybe i should lift some weights to buid on more mass.
>
> what is the best way to do this without also adding on fat?
>
> ronnie

Getting Brad Pitt's body is a 3 step process:

Step 1: Go back in time and be born by Mr. $ Mrs. Pitt
Step 2: Follow Brad Pitt's diet an exercise program for the next 20
years.
Step 3: Hire the top-notch Hollywood personal trainers to get you
over the top for big movie role

Viola! Works every time!

John HUDSON
November 3rd 03, 04:50 PM
On 3 Nov 2003 08:28:10 -0800, (Gary Gnu) wrote:

wrote in message >...
>> hey,
>>
>> trying to build some toned muscle, ideally i would like to look liked brad
>> pitty in fight cube or maybe david blaine when he came out of he cube he
>> was in.
>>
>> anyway, if i do weight lifting i'm afraid of building up too much muscle so
>> i've been doing a lot of pilates instead. so for the last few weeks i've
>> tried this while following the Zone diet and it hasn't worked.
>>
>> now i'm thinking, hey...maybe i should lift some weights to buid on more mass.
>>
>> what is the best way to do this without also adding on fat?
>>
>> ronnie
>
>Getting Brad Pitt's body is a 3 step process:
>
>Step 1: Go back in time and be born by Mr. $ Mrs. Pitt
>Step 2: Follow Brad Pitt's diet an exercise program for the next 20
>years.
>Step 3: Hire the top-notch Hollywood personal trainers to get you
>over the top for big movie role
>
>Viola! Works every time!

You may be 'stringing' us along Gary, but it's 'music' to my ears! ;o)

Gary Gnu
November 3rd 03, 07:27 PM
"Anonymous" > wrote in message >...
> I would like to know how Ed Norton got to look the way he looked in
> American History X. What exercises did he do?

I saw an interview with Ed Norton where he was asked that question. His response:

"Eat like a horse and live in the gym."

Good advice.

Dan Finn
November 3rd 03, 07:32 PM
On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 17:15:00 -0600, wrote:

>Buddee > wrote:
>> Seriously, is this a joke or a real question?
>
>Not a question. I just miss seeing questions like this so I've decided i'm going to post
>them myself.
>
>Is it trolling? No, I think not. I consider it to be more performance art (think david
>blane in a box or me posting here, pretty much the same thing).

dude, i miss you. you should move back to dc so we can train and eat
sushi. we would get HYOOOOGEE!!

dan finn
mfw : this ain't spa lady

Goran Tomaš
November 3rd 03, 11:14 PM
On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 17:43:32 -0500, "Bob MacWilliam"
> wrote:
>think. If the Hollywood pretty-boys can do it, you can too!!!

This is very good Bob!! Thanks for the inspiration :)

And you're absolutely right. People rarely realize that the limits are
often only in our minds. And usually we have set them ourselves!

Not so long ago Henry Ford put it excellent when he said: "Whether you
think you can or you think you can't - you're right!"

Regards,
Goran

Bob MacWilliam
November 4th 03, 01:52 PM
<snip>

> Getting Brad Pitt's body is a 3 step process:
>
> Step 1: Go back in time and be born by Mr. $ Mrs. Pitt
> Step 2: Follow Brad Pitt's diet an exercise program for the next 20
> years.
> Step 3: Hire the top-notch Hollywood personal trainers to get you
> over the top for big movie role
>
> Viola! Works every time!

Well if this makes you feel better when you're chowing down on your
donuts then fine. However, it doesn't change the fact that it's total
crap. For someone who is less than 20% bf, getting this lean is
attainable. It's not the money, or the "top-notch" personal trainers
(yeah right) that did this. It was Brad Pitt who was careful with
what he put in his mouth (at least with food).

Bob

Gary Gnu
November 4th 03, 09:26 PM
(Bob MacWilliam) wrote in message >...
> <snip>
> >
> > Getting Brad Pitt's body is a 3 step process:
> >
> > Step 1: Go back in time and be born by Mr. $ Mrs. Pitt
> > Step 2: Follow Brad Pitt's diet an exercise program for the next 20
> > years.
> > Step 3: Hire the top-notch Hollywood personal trainers to get you
> > over the top for big movie role
> >
> > Viola! Works every time!
>
> Well if this makes you feel better when you're chowing down on your
> donuts then fine. However, it doesn't change the fact that it's total
> crap. For someone who is less than 20% bf, getting this lean is
> attainable. It's not the money, or the "top-notch" personal trainers
> (yeah right) that did this. It was Brad Pitt who was careful with
> what he put in his mouth (at least with food).
>
> Bob

Yes. See Step 2.

Bob MacWilliam
November 5th 03, 12:43 AM
"Gary Gnu" > wrote in message
om...
> (Bob MacWilliam) wrote in message
> > <snip>
> > >
> > > Getting Brad Pitt's body is a 3 step process:
> > >
> > > Step 1: Go back in time and be born by Mr. $ Mrs. Pitt
> > > Step 2: Follow Brad Pitt's diet an exercise program for the next 20
> > > years.
> > > Step 3: Hire the top-notch Hollywood personal trainers to get you
> > > over the top for big movie role
> > >
> > > Viola! Works every time!
> >
> > Well if this makes you feel better when you're chowing down on your
> > donuts then fine. However, it doesn't change the fact that it's total
> > crap. For someone who is less than 20% bf, getting this lean is
> > attainable. It's not the money, or the "top-notch" personal trainers
> > (yeah right) that did this. It was Brad Pitt who was careful with
> > what he put in his mouth (at least with food).
> >
> > Bob
>
> Yes. See Step 2.

Not for 20 years. 10-12 weeks is all it takes.

Bill Lumberg
November 5th 03, 03:44 PM
"Bob MacWilliam" > wrote in message >...
> "Gary Gnu" > wrote in message
> om...
> > (Bob MacWilliam) wrote in message
> > > <snip>

> > > Well if this makes you feel better when you're chowing down on your
> > > donuts then fine. However, it doesn't change the fact that it's total
> > > crap. For someone who is less than 20% bf, getting this lean is
> > > attainable. It's not the money, or the "top-notch" personal trainers
> > > (yeah right) that did this. It was Brad Pitt who was careful with
> > > what he put in his mouth (at least with food).
> > >
> > > Bob
> >
> > Yes. See Step 2.
>
> Not for 20 years. 10-12 weeks is all it takes.

I don't know about anybody else but I seem to have a problem with the
"careful with what he puts in his mouth" part. The lower calories
necessary to lose the fat turns my body into a savage monster. I've
given up the Spice Channel for the Food Network now salivating at
every tidbit. And the worse part is the end of the show when they say
"Mmmm tastes great, bye for now!". DOH! I think I NEED that trainer
to pull me out of bed while that chef of mine cooks up something good
then relax afterwards in the hot tub with Jennifer Aniston.

Bill

Bob MacWilliam
November 5th 03, 06:44 PM
(Bill Lumberg) wrote in message >...
> "Bob MacWilliam" > wrote in message >...
> > "Gary Gnu" > wrote in message
> > om...

> > > Yes. See Step 2.
> >
> > Not for 20 years. 10-12 weeks is all it takes.
>
> I don't know about anybody else but I seem to have a problem with the
> "careful with what he puts in his mouth" part. The lower calories
> necessary to lose the fat turns my body into a savage monster. I've
> given up the Spice Channel for the Food Network now salivating at
> every tidbit. And the worse part is the end of the show when they say
> "Mmmm tastes great, bye for now!". DOH! I think I NEED that trainer
> to pull me out of bed while that chef of mine cooks up something good
> then relax afterwards in the hot tub with Jennifer Aniston.
>
> Bill

Not sure I really get what you're saying here, but watching the Food
Network when your dieting is like running a marathon to build up your
legs - it's totally counter-productive and torturous - why would you
do this?.

If Jennifer told you she'd ride you like a rented mule if you got
ripped, you'd probably do it and reflect later that it wasn't that
tough (the dieting that is). Find the motivation - that's my point.
When you do it's not -THAT- tough, and it gets easier next time.

Bob

Bill Lumberg
November 5th 03, 10:18 PM
(Bob MacWilliam) wrote in message >...
> (Bill Lumberg) wrote in message >...
> > "Bob MacWilliam" > wrote in message >...
> > > "Gary Gnu" > wrote in message
> > > om...

> > > Not for 20 years. 10-12 weeks is all it takes.
> >
> > I don't know about anybody else but I seem to have a problem with the
> > "careful with what he puts in his mouth" part. The lower calories
> > necessary to lose the fat turns my body into a savage monster. I've
> > given up the Spice Channel for the Food Network now salivating at
> > every tidbit. And the worse part is the end of the show when they say
> > "Mmmm tastes great, bye for now!". DOH! I think I NEED that trainer
> > to pull me out of bed while that chef of mine cooks up something good
> > then relax afterwards in the hot tub with Jennifer Aniston.
> >
> > Bill
>
> Not sure I really get what you're saying here, but watching the Food
> Network when your dieting is like running a marathon to build up your
> legs - it's totally counter-productive and torturous - why would you
> do this?.
>
> If Jennifer told you she'd ride you like a rented mule if you got
> ripped, you'd probably do it and reflect later that it wasn't that
> tough (the dieting that is). Find the motivation - that's my point.
> When you do it's not -THAT- tough, and it gets easier next time.
>
> Bob

You know I ask the same question about the Spice Channel. Why do I
torture myself watching it when I know it's totally
counter-productive? I'll never get to have any of those babes.

I need to find a similar motivation equal to Jennifer riding me like a
mule. Haven't found it yet. So far all I've been able to achieve is
small changes in my diet that hopefully will eventually get me there.
I haven't been able to make the drastic dietary changes necessary to
accomplish the 12 week thing. Maybe others are gifted enough to be
able to turn on a dime like that. Not me.
Such changes in my world come slow and painfully. My 12 week plan is
fast approaching a 12 month one.

Bill