PDA

View Full Version : Can Clenbuterol harm you?


January 10th 06, 09:57 PM
Hello All,


It is amazing how far some of us will go in order to lose weight and
appear thinner. The latest trend in Hollywood seems to be a drug named
Clenbuterol ( http://www.igman.com/misc/clenbuterol-diet/ ) . The
individuals who are using this hazardous diet pharmaceutical drug which
his only approved in the USA for animal use (horses with respiratory
issues) risk serious health injury as the numerous scientific sources
suggest the harmful effects of the drug on humans.


The FDA is concerned that the illcit use of the medication might lead
to serous illness or even death in individuals that are consuming the
drug. The FDA claims that it is possible Clenbuterol might cause a
strong effect on the cardio vascular system and that in fact it might
be more dangerous for people who inhale it if compared with the case
when the drug ins ingested in food.


The social pressure to be thin is rising and it appears that almost
everyone in Hollywood is trying to bee thin. A number of tabloid
magazines keep a weekly tally of weight loss and gain and the pressure
that mounts on celebrities rises.


Enter Clenbuterol! There are stories coming out of Hollywood that some
celebrities are using this medication to become thin very quickly.


The bottom line is that the social pressure is claiming its victims
again and that the public needs to know more about this.


Best,


Vasa

JMW
January 10th 06, 10:39 PM
wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>
> It is amazing how far some of us will go in order to lose weight and
> appear thinner. The latest trend in Hollywood seems to be a drug named
> Clenbuterol ...

Clen has been discussed in this newsgroup for more than a decade. The
fact that trendy weenies in Hollywood are just now learning about it is
a function of popular culture, not the drug itself. The fact that
popular media Chicken Littles will now start running around and
claiming that the sky is falling is also a function of popular culture.
Will a few dimwits manage to overdose and kill themselves because they
heard that their celebrity heroes used Clen? Probably. That doesn't
change the fact that Clen has been used by many people for a long time,
without substantial harm.

Here are some newsgroup messages about clenbuterol that are at least
ten years old:

http://tinyurl.com/9ypjt
http://tinyurl.com/8rft4

Lee Michaels
January 11th 06, 02:33 AM
> wrote
>
> It is amazing how far some of us will go in order to lose weight and
> appear thinner. The latest trend in Hollywood seems to be a drug named
> Clenbuterol

Damn, Rip Van Winkel has awoken from his sleep and discovered Clenbuterol.
Thee is another fad in Hollywood called water. Should we alert the media?
We all know how the media is so wise in such matters.

This drug has been around since forever. And retards who are NOW alarmed by
it are faddists who know nothing. Almost twenty years ago, many folks were
ordering this stuff from overseas and using it.

Since I am as old as father time (and apparently some kinda Hollywood type)
I will relate what I know about this new horror drug.

Clen is a total individual thing. some like it and others don't. The
concept of individuality is beyond the alarmist's mental abilities to
comprehend. I personally did not like it. It made me feel sick.

Having said that, I get a similar reaction to yohimbe. But I can eat ephedra
and ephedrine like candy. I can also eat caffeine, gaurana, etc. (Did you
know that gaurana is a tropical herbal remedy for hot weather?)

Also, you become acclimated very quickly to clen. So, if you take it for
very long, it loses its effectiveness. Clen must be cycled to be effective.

Go get a botox treatment and shut up.

JMW
January 11th 06, 03:14 AM
"Lee Michaels" > wrote:
>
> wrote
>>
>> It is amazing how far some of us will go in order to lose weight and
>> appear thinner. The latest trend in Hollywood seems to be a drug named
>> Clenbuterol
>
>Damn, Rip Van Winkel has awoken from his sleep and discovered Clenbuterol.
>Thee is another fad in Hollywood called water. Should we alert the media?
>We all know how the media is so wise in such matters.
>
>This drug has been around since forever. And retards who are NOW alarmed by
>it are faddists who know nothing. Almost twenty years ago, many folks were
>ordering this stuff from overseas and using it.
>
>Since I am as old as father time (and apparently some kinda Hollywood type)
>I will relate what I know about this new horror drug.
>
>Clen is a total individual thing. some like it and others don't. The
>concept of individuality is beyond the alarmist's mental abilities to
>comprehend. I personally did not like it. It made me feel sick.
>
>Having said that, I get a similar reaction to yohimbe. But I can eat ephedra
>and ephedrine like candy. I can also eat caffeine, gaurana, etc. (Did you
>know that gaurana is a tropical herbal remedy for hot weather?)

Ever try pharmaceutical yohimbine, instead of herbal yohimbe? Much
better.

TBR
January 11th 06, 04:14 AM
On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 22:14:23 -0500, JMW > wrote:


>Ever try pharmaceutical yohimbine, instead of herbal yohimbe? Much
>better.

It doesn't apply to coke, so why should it to yohimbe?

Lee Michaels
January 11th 06, 05:12 AM
"JMW" > wrote
>
> Ever try pharmaceutical yohimbine, instead of herbal yohimbe? Much
> better.

Is it available OTC??

Or do you have to go to someplace special??

I ASSume it is a legal durg???

JMW
January 11th 06, 05:22 AM
TBR > wrote:
>On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 22:14:23 -0500, JMW > wrote:
>
>>Ever try pharmaceutical yohimbine, instead of herbal yohimbe? Much
>>better.
>
>It doesn't apply to coke, so why should it to yohimbe?

There's no difference between cocaine and coca leaves?

If you want to play along, Bill, do try to keep up.

JMW
January 11th 06, 05:37 AM
"Lee Michaels" > wrote:
>
>"JMW" > wrote
>>
>> Ever try pharmaceutical yohimbine, instead of herbal yohimbe? Much
>> better.
>
>Is it available OTC??
>
>Or do you have to go to someplace special??
>
>I ASSume it is a legal durg???

http://tinyurl.com/8w7em

TBR
January 11th 06, 05:45 AM
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:22:22 -0500, JMW > wrote:

>There's no difference between cocaine and coca leaves?

Maybe you should try to keep up. Street coke is far more potent than
pharmaceutical coke, even though they botch contain coke.
Now go jump back on that short bus.

JMW
January 11th 06, 06:02 AM
TBR > wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:22:22 -0500, JMW > wrote:
>
>>There's no difference between cocaine and coca leaves?
>
>Maybe you should try to keep up. Street coke is far more potent than
>pharmaceutical coke, even though they botch contain coke.
>Now go jump back on that short bus.

Ah. So the 100% cocaine hydrochloride USP produced by Mallinckrodt
Pharmaceutical is not as potent as your street coke, right, Bill? So
is your cocaine 150%? Tell us all about it, Bill.

David
January 11th 06, 06:20 AM
"JMW" > wrote in message
...
> TBR > wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:22:22 -0500, JMW > wrote:
>>
>>>There's no difference between cocaine and coca leaves?
>>
>>Maybe you should try to keep up. Street coke is far more potent than
>>pharmaceutical coke, even though they botch contain coke.
>>Now go jump back on that short bus.
>
> Ah. So the 100% cocaine hydrochloride USP produced by Mallinckrodt
> Pharmaceutical is not as potent as your street coke, right, Bill? So
> is your cocaine 150%? Tell us all about it, Bill.

How is the FAQ going? The new killfile thing seems to have caught on real
well.

JRH
January 11th 06, 09:21 AM
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 01:02:23 -0500, JMW > wrote:

>TBR > wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:22:22 -0500, JMW > wrote:
>>
>>>There's no difference between cocaine and coca leaves?
>>
>>Maybe you should try to keep up. Street coke is far more potent than
>>pharmaceutical coke, even though they botch contain coke.
>>Now go jump back on that short bus.
>
>Ah. So the 100% cocaine hydrochloride USP produced by Mallinckrodt
>Pharmaceutical is not as potent as your street coke, right, Bill? So
>is your cocaine 150%? Tell us all about it, Bill.

Why bait the chap when he appears to be making a genuine attempt to
join in?

Come on Williams, if you are genuinely desirous of ridding the group
of "trolling and flaming, for goodness sake stop inviting or inciting
such behaviour.

JRH
January 11th 06, 09:25 AM
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:20:00 +1000, "David" >
wrote:

>
>"JMW" > wrote in message
...
>> TBR > wrote:
>>
>>>On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:22:22 -0500, JMW > wrote:
>>>
>>>>There's no difference between cocaine and coca leaves?
>>>
>>>Maybe you should try to keep up. Street coke is far more potent than
>>>pharmaceutical coke, even though they botch contain coke.
>>>Now go jump back on that short bus.
>>
>> Ah. So the 100% cocaine hydrochloride USP produced by Mallinckrodt
>> Pharmaceutical is not as potent as your street coke, right, Bill? So
>> is your cocaine 150%? Tell us all about it, Bill.
>
>How is the FAQ going? The new killfile thing seems to have caught on real
>well.
>

Results to date have in fact proved to be 100% ****ing useless, as was
predicted. He hasn't stopped any "trolling" and all he has done is
made a pratt of himself by posting very amateurish filters advice.

He would be far better off. and do the Group an enormous favour, by
modifying his own behaviour and stop getting up his known adversaries'
noses.

TBR
January 11th 06, 01:20 PM
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 01:02:23 -0500, JMW > wrote:

>TBR > wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:22:22 -0500, JMW > wrote:
>>
>>>There's no difference between cocaine and coca leaves?
>>
>>Maybe you should try to keep up. Street coke is far more potent than
>>pharmaceutical coke, even though they botch contain coke.
>>Now go jump back on that short bus.
>
>Ah. So the 100% cocaine hydrochloride USP produced by Mallinckrodt
>Pharmaceutical is not as potent as your street coke, right, Bill? So
>is your cocaine 150%? Tell us all about it, Bill.

The difference isn't in the % of actual coke, it's the coca leaf
itself. Pharmi coke has a bland, mediocre buzz, while street coke has
a much more intense high. Get it now?

TBR
January 11th 06, 01:21 PM
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:21:55 +0000, JRH > wrote:

>Why bait the chap when he appears to be making a genuine attempt to
>join in?
>
>Come on Williams, if you are genuinely desirous of ridding the group
>of "trolling and flaming, for goodness sake stop inviting or inciting
>such behaviour.

What's your problem Chuckiepoo? We're holding a civilized
converstation, something you and he seem incapable of doing.

JMW
January 11th 06, 05:46 PM
TBR > wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 01:02:23 -0500, JMW > wrote:
>
>>TBR > wrote:
>>
>>>On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:22:22 -0500, JMW > wrote:
>>>
>>>>There's no difference between cocaine and coca leaves?
>>>
>>>Maybe you should try to keep up. Street coke is far more potent than
>>>pharmaceutical coke, even though they botch contain coke.
>>>Now go jump back on that short bus.
>>
>>Ah. So the 100% cocaine hydrochloride USP produced by Mallinckrodt
>>Pharmaceutical is not as potent as your street coke, right, Bill? So
>>is your cocaine 150%? Tell us all about it, Bill.
>
>The difference isn't in the % of actual coke, it's the coca leaf
>itself. Pharmi coke has a bland, mediocre buzz, while street coke has
>a much more intense high. Get it now?

I have no idea what your dealer uses to "cut" his cocaine. It's
common to use lidocaine to enhance the numbing effect, and to increase
stimulation, the dealer can use anything from pulverized caffeine tabs
to methamphetamine. That's not a function of cocaine potency. And if
you're talking about smoking crack cocaine, the intensity is a matter
of the delivery system, not the cocaine potency.

TBR
January 11th 06, 06:17 PM
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:46:56 -0500, JMW > wrote:


>I have no idea what your dealer uses to "cut" his cocaine.

Oh that's right boss. never heard of you <wink>



> It's
>common to use lidocaine to enhance the numbing effect, and to increase
>stimulation, the dealer can use anything from pulverized caffeine tabs
>to methamphetamine. That's not a function of cocaine potency. And if
>you're talking about smoking crack cocaine, the intensity is a matter
>of the delivery system, not the cocaine potency.

Pharmi-coke is a very mild cocaine high, while street grade is
considered much better. Got it stupid?

John
January 13th 06, 06:56 AM
"JMW" > wrote in message
...
> TBR > wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 01:02:23 -0500, JMW > wrote:
> >
> >>TBR > wrote:
> >>
> >>>On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:22:22 -0500, JMW > wrote:
> >>>
> >>>>There's no difference between cocaine and coca leaves?
> >>>
> >>>Maybe you should try to keep up. Street coke is far more potent than
> >>>pharmaceutical coke, even though they botch contain coke.
> >>>Now go jump back on that short bus.
> >>
> >>Ah. So the 100% cocaine hydrochloride USP produced by Mallinckrodt
> >>Pharmaceutical is not as potent as your street coke, right, Bill? So
> >>is your cocaine 150%? Tell us all about it, Bill.
> >
> >The difference isn't in the % of actual coke, it's the coca leaf
> >itself. Pharmi coke has a bland, mediocre buzz, while street coke has
> >a much more intense high. Get it now?
>
> I have no idea what your dealer uses to "cut" his cocaine. It's
> common to use lidocaine to enhance the numbing effect, and to increase
> stimulation, the dealer can use anything from pulverized caffeine tabs
> to methamphetamine. That's not a function of cocaine potency. And if
> you're talking about smoking crack cocaine, the intensity is a matter
> of the delivery system, not the cocaine potency.

Just forget it, John.

TBR
January 13th 06, 12:05 PM
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 06:56:09 GMT, "John"
> wrote:

>Just forget it, John.

He can't, he's been up for 3 days without sleep.

TBR
January 13th 06, 12:10 PM
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 06:56:09 GMT, "John"
> wrote:

>"JMW" > wrote in message
...
>> TBR > wrote:
>>
>> >On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 01:02:23 -0500, JMW > wrote:
>> >
>> >>TBR > wrote:
>> >>
>> >>>On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:22:22 -0500, JMW > wrote:
>> >>>
>> >>>>There's no difference between cocaine and coca leaves?
>> >>>
>> >>>Maybe you should try to keep up. Street coke is far more potent than
>> >>>pharmaceutical coke, even though they botch contain coke.
>> >>>Now go jump back on that short bus.
>> >>
>> >>Ah. So the 100% cocaine hydrochloride USP produced by Mallinckrodt
>> >>Pharmaceutical is not as potent as your street coke, right, Bill? So
>> >>is your cocaine 150%? Tell us all about it, Bill.
>> >
>> >The difference isn't in the % of actual coke, it's the coca leaf
>> >itself. Pharmi coke has a bland, mediocre buzz, while street coke has
>> >a much more intense high. Get it now?
>>
>> I have no idea what your dealer uses to "cut" his cocaine. It's
>> common to use lidocaine to enhance the numbing effect, and to increase
>> stimulation, the dealer can use anything from pulverized caffeine tabs
>> to methamphetamine. That's not a function of cocaine potency. And if
>> you're talking about smoking crack cocaine, the intensity is a matter
>> of the delivery system, not the cocaine potency.
>
>Just forget it, John.
>

Let me explain this in another way. Marijuana all gets you high with
the active ingredient "THC". Yet two batches from different parts of
the world will have two very different buzzes even though they both
have the same percentage of THC in them.

OmManiPadmeOmelet
January 13th 06, 06:25 PM
In article >,
TBR > wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 06:56:09 GMT, "John"
> > wrote:
>
> >"JMW" > wrote in message
> ...
> >> TBR > wrote:
> >>
> >> >On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 01:02:23 -0500, JMW > wrote:
> >> >
> >> >>TBR > wrote:
> >> >>
> >> >>>On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:22:22 -0500, JMW > wrote:
> >> >>>
> >> >>>>There's no difference between cocaine and coca leaves?
> >> >>>
> >> >>>Maybe you should try to keep up. Street coke is far more potent than
> >> >>>pharmaceutical coke, even though they botch contain coke.
> >> >>>Now go jump back on that short bus.
> >> >>
> >> >>Ah. So the 100% cocaine hydrochloride USP produced by Mallinckrodt
> >> >>Pharmaceutical is not as potent as your street coke, right, Bill? So
> >> >>is your cocaine 150%? Tell us all about it, Bill.
> >> >
> >> >The difference isn't in the % of actual coke, it's the coca leaf
> >> >itself. Pharmi coke has a bland, mediocre buzz, while street coke has
> >> >a much more intense high. Get it now?
> >>
> >> I have no idea what your dealer uses to "cut" his cocaine. It's
> >> common to use lidocaine to enhance the numbing effect, and to increase
> >> stimulation, the dealer can use anything from pulverized caffeine tabs
> >> to methamphetamine. That's not a function of cocaine potency. And if
> >> you're talking about smoking crack cocaine, the intensity is a matter
> >> of the delivery system, not the cocaine potency.
> >
> >Just forget it, John.
> >
>
> Let me explain this in another way. Marijuana all gets you high with
> the active ingredient "THC". Yet two batches from different parts of
> the world will have two very different buzzes even though they both
> have the same percentage of THC in them.

I presume you are speaking from experience?

Well, that explains it...... ;-)
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack Nicholson

TBR
January 13th 06, 06:28 PM
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:25:59 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>I presume you are speaking from experience?
>
>Well, that explains it...... ;-)

Hell no! I never <toke> smoked anykind <puff puff> of illegal <cough
cough> substances <wheez wheez> whatsoever.

OmManiPadmeOmelet
January 13th 06, 06:54 PM
In article >,
TBR > wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:25:59 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> > wrote:
>
> >I presume you are speaking from experience?
> >
> >Well, that explains it...... ;-)
>
> Hell no! I never <toke> smoked anykind <puff puff> of illegal <cough
> cough> substances <wheez wheez> whatsoever.

Ok, that was funny....... ;-D
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack Nicholson

TBR
January 13th 06, 07:02 PM
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:54:27 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>Ok, that was funny....... ;-D

Now I'm eating cookies, then it's nappy-time, and I'll awaken
refreshed.

OmManiPadmeOmelet
January 13th 06, 08:48 PM
In article >,
TBR > wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:54:27 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> > wrote:
>
> >Ok, that was funny....... ;-D
>
> Now I'm eating cookies, then it's nappy-time, and I'll awaken
> refreshed.

Pizza and beer would be better.
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack Nicholson

TBR
January 13th 06, 11:23 PM
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:48:02 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>Pizza and beer would be better.

That's for supper. But soda, no beer.

January 14th 06, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the tips.

Also, there is a lot of hype on the web regarding the drug (i.e. it'll
solve yoru dieting problems)?

What do you think about it? Is this the miracle diet?

Ira