PDA

View Full Version : newbie

FCR
January 12th 06, 03:21 PM
Hi all,
Not sure if I'm in the right place. Just dropped 35 lbs(from 250, on my way
to 190) but having trouble losing belly flab. Looking for suggestions on
ways to reduce this in the form of simple excercises(sit-ups?). I'm newly
diagnosed diabetic Type 2(I'm already in that NG)and need to shed excess lbs
in my middrift.
thanks for any help,
fcr

mct546
January 12th 06, 04:12 PM
FCR wrote:
> Hi all,
> Not sure if I'm in the right place. Just dropped 35 lbs(from 250, on my way
> to 190) but having trouble losing belly flab. Looking for suggestions on
> ways to reduce this in the form of simple excercises(sit-ups?). I'm newly
> diagnosed diabetic Type 2(I'm already in that NG)and need to shed excess lbs
> in my middrift.
> thanks for any help,
> fcr

List everything you ate yesterday for MFW...be honest now, lies make
baby jesus cry... ; )

Whatever happened to the 'sit-up' it has been totally forgotten about
in todays crunch happy world...hmmmm

John
January 12th 06, 04:27 PM
"mct546" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> FCR wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Not sure if I'm in the right place. Just dropped 35 lbs(from 250, on my
way
> > to 190) but having trouble losing belly flab. Looking for suggestions on
> > ways to reduce this in the form of simple excercises(sit-ups?). I'm
newly
> > diagnosed diabetic Type 2(I'm already in that NG)and need to shed excess
lbs
> > in my middrift.
> > thanks for any help,
> > fcr
>
> List everything you ate yesterday for MFW...be honest now, lies make
> baby jesus cry... ; )
>
> Whatever happened to the 'sit-up' it has been totally forgotten about
> in todays crunch happy world...hmmmm

Hip flexors...abs.....hmmmm

mct546
January 12th 06, 04:40 PM
John wrote:
> Hip flexors...abs.....hmmmm

Hip flexors, Right, but still doesn't it seem like everyone in the gym
is doing crunchs. I never see people doing the sit-up anymore.

I think I'll goto the gym and just start doing situps in the middle of
the floor while screaming...lmao

spodosaurus
January 12th 06, 06:30 PM
FCR wrote:
> Hi all,
> Not sure if I'm in the right place. Just dropped 35 lbs(from 250, on my way
> to 190) but having trouble losing belly flab. Looking for suggestions on
> ways to reduce this in the form of simple excercises(sit-ups?). I'm newly
> diagnosed diabetic Type 2(I'm already in that NG)and need to shed excess lbs
> in my middrift.
> thanks for any help,
> fcr

You cannot spot reduce. It's a myth perpetuated by late night
informercial gimmick exercise device sellers. In order to lose fat from
anywhere, aside from liposuction, you need to continue losing it from
everywhere. You've already dropped 35 pounds, so you must be doing
something right!

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

0901453765
January 12th 06, 08:27 PM
dude it takes alot of willpower- cut out all fat if possible- lower
carbs as much as you can and force feed yourself Prot een. Buy plenty
of tuna. Attempt as many push ups as possible, until your shoulders
feel like mercury poisoning, then you will be a man my son

Paul Cassel
January 13th 06, 12:07 AM
FCR wrote:
> Hi all,
> Not sure if I'm in the right place. Just dropped 35 lbs(from 250, on my way
> to 190) but having trouble losing belly flab. Looking for suggestions on
> ways to reduce this in the form of simple excercises(sit-ups?). I'm newly
> diagnosed diabetic Type 2(I'm already in that NG)and need to shed excess lbs
> in my middrift.
> thanks for any help,

YOu can't choose where flab leaves you. You can only reduce all fat on
your body hoping to eventually get it where you wish overall.

I suggest you investigate liposuction which really does a great job of
spot reducing. Don't fall for the situps to reduce belly fat. It's a lie.