PDA

View Full Version : Really need proteinn shakes?

March 4th 06, 04:05 AM
I'm 47 yr old white male

Wanting to stat some light lifting with dumb bells

Is it really necessary to drink protein shakes to get
anywhere with muscle development?

March 4th 06, 04:32 AM
in my opinion no.

you do need certain items in your diet to provide the bodies
requirments.

eat a balanced diet with fruit, vegetables, meat etc.

Willow Herself
March 4th 06, 05:20 AM
I really can't see why it would be...

Eat a balanced selection of food and you'll have everything you need..
Will~

> wrote in message
> I'm 47 yr old white male
>
> Wanting to stat some light lifting with dumb bells
>
> Is it really necessary to drink protein shakes to get
> anywhere with muscle development?

March 4th 06, 08:16 AM
On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 22:05:05 -0600, wrote:

>I'm 47 yr old white male
>
>Wanting to stat some light lifting with dumb bells
>
>Is it really necessary to drink protein shakes to get
>anywhere with muscle development?

No, just swallow your BF's sperm.

March 4th 06, 08:17 AM
On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 05:20:13 GMT, "Willow Herself"
> wrote:

>I really can't see why it would be...
>
>Eat a balanced selection of food and you'll have everything you need..
>Will~

Does your hubby give you "protein cocktails" Will?

Larry Hodges
March 4th 06, 08:21 AM
> wrote in message
> I'm 47 yr old white male
>
> Wanting to stat some light lifting with dumb bells
>
> Is it really necessary to drink protein shakes to get
> anywhere with muscle development?

Depends. You want to shoot for getting .8 to 1g of protein per lb of body
weight. (Some say per lb of lean body mass, but don't sweat it.) So, if
you can pull that off through your diet, then no, you don't. But I think
you'll find that it's hard to do on a daily basis.

You might try creating a free profile on fitday.com. You enter your food
for the day and it will tell you your breakdown of fats, carbs and protein.

And, forget lifting light. Why waste your time? The lightest you should go
would be what you can do in 10 to 12 reps. Heavy would be 4 to 8 reps. If
you're doing more than 12, you need more weight.

-Larry

Vedran Presecki
March 4th 06, 09:08 AM
> wrote in message
> I'm 47 yr old white male
>
> Wanting to stat some light lifting with dumb bells
>
> Is it really necessary to drink protein shakes to get
> anywhere with muscle development?

first it is needed to lower the stress from workout then we can talk about
needles of protein for hair, nails, making hormons and then mucle building.

As You can see mucle building is et the end and
workout with out liquid protein/carb meal is like
driving car with out oil.

Creo V
March 4th 06, 12:40 PM
wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 22:05:05 -0600, wrote:
>
>> I'm 47 yr old white male
>>
>> Wanting to stat some light lifting with dumb bells
>>
>> Is it really necessary to drink protein shakes to get
>> anywhere with muscle development?
>
> No, just swallow your BF's sperm.

If you don't start posting more creative comments I am going to stop
bothering you. GOT IT???!!!!!!!!!

You are so easy to manipulate it's hard to believe. I like people that
are easy to tweak. LOL

March 4th 06, 01:34 PM
On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 10:08:18 +0100, "Vedran Presecki"
<vedran.preseckimakni > wrote:

>first it is needed to lower the stress from workout then we can talk about
>needles of protein for hair, nails, making hormons and then mucle building.
>
>As You can see mucle building is et the end and
>workout with out liquid protein/carb meal is like
>driving car with out oil.

"Mucle" building??? TWICE??? YOU ANONYMOUS PUSSY!

March 4th 06, 01:35 PM
On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 04:40:18 -0800, Creo V >
wrote:

>If you don't start posting more creative comments I am going to stop
>bothering you. GOT IT???!!!!!!!!!

It was 4am, WTF did you expect?

>You are so easy to manipulate it's hard to believe.

Why? It gets hard whenever someone strokes it like that.

> I like people that
>are easy to tweak. LOL

I won't bendover near you.

March 4th 06, 07:08 PM
"Larry Hodges" > wrote:

>You might try creating a free profile on fitday.com.

good idea

will check it out

ATP*
March 5th 06, 02:43 AM
"Vedran Presecki" <vedran.preseckimakni > wrote in message
> > wrote in message
>> I'm 47 yr old white male
>>
>> Wanting to stat some light lifting with dumb bells
>>
>> Is it really necessary to drink protein shakes to get
>> anywhere with muscle development?
>
> first it is needed to lower the stress from workout then we can talk about
> needles of protein for hair, nails, making hormons and then mucle
> building.

You can't make a hormone with a needle of protein!

Vedran Presecki
March 6th 06, 07:19 AM
"ATP*" > wrote in message

> "Vedran Presecki" <vedran.preseckimakni > wrote in message
> > > wrote in message
> >> I'm 47 yr old white male
> >>
> >> Wanting to stat some light lifting with dumb bells
> >>
> >> Is it really necessary to drink protein shakes to get
> >> anywhere with muscle development?
> >
> > first it is needed to lower the stress from workout then we can talk
about
> > needles of protein for hair, nails, making hormons and then mucle
> > building.
>
> You can't make a hormone with a needle of protein!

If You not eating enoguh protein priblem will be optimal
levels of body hormons.

March 6th 06, 03:06 PM
"Vedran Presecki" <vedran.preseckimakni
> wrote:

>If You not eating enoguh protein priblem will be optimal
>levels of body hormons.

I see

March 12th 06, 07:17 AM
no.