PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Joe Weider?

DVDfanatico
March 12th 06, 06:51 AM
I recently got back into lifting and I've noticed that Muscle & Fitness
(www.muscleandfitness.com) no longer uses the Weider name. I got the
Muscle and Fitness DVDs (I have a TV in my weightroom) and they are
good from what I've seen so far. I have a Weider VHS tape somewhere
with Bob Paris et cetera. It seems like the same system just different
bodybuilders. Did Weider ever produce DVDs? What is he up to these
days. And does he still lift?

I started lifting when I inherited a weght bench and Joe Weider book
from my older bro. Weider really did a good job of explaining the
principles of muscle building but those principles were always around
he just put words to them.

Pax Christi (Peace of Christ)
DVDfanatico
www.KnightLanguages.com
The Foreign Language Supersite including Bibles, Masses, Holy Rosaries
and Prayers

David
March 12th 06, 07:00 AM
"DVDfanatico" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I recently got back into lifting and I've noticed that Muscle & Fitness
> (www.muscleandfitness.com) no longer uses the Weider name. I got the
> Muscle and Fitness DVDs (I have a TV in my weightroom) and they are
> good from what I've seen so far. I have a Weider VHS tape somewhere
> with Bob Paris et cetera. It seems like the same system just different
> bodybuilders. Did Weider ever produce DVDs? What is he up to these
> days. And does he still lift?
>
> I started lifting when I inherited a weght bench and Joe Weider book
> from my older bro. Weider really did a good job of explaining the
> principles of muscle building but those principles were always around
> he just put words to them.
>
> Pax Christi (Peace of Christ)
> DVDfanatico
> www.KnightLanguages.com
> The Foreign Language Supersite including Bibles, Masses, Holy Rosaries
> and Prayers

Joe is 84 years old. Probably not doing much of anything now. He started
lifting when he was 17 and probably stopped while still a teenager. He
basked in the reflected glory of the great bodybuilders he promoted.

Pez D Spencer
March 12th 06, 03:07 PM
i think joe is doing the voice of stewie's older brother on family guy

March 12th 06, 04:17 PM
weider still alive but retired now. hes like a great grandpa or
something....

Francis
March 12th 06, 08:25 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> weider still alive but retired now. hes like a great grandpa or
> something....

Bull****! His pick is on my barbells, and he's not a day over 50. I've had
these for 25 years or so, so they must be right.