PDA

View Full Version : Q for Will Brink

Pez D Spencer
March 14th 06, 05:43 PM
will,

what do you think was the biggest supplement scam over the past 20
years or so?

right off the top of my head, i'd probably put my money on the creatine
craze, HMB, or hot stuff...oh, and there's always the infamous
cybergenics total bodybuilding system.

March 14th 06, 05:46 PM
On 14 Mar 2006 09:43:01 -0800, "Pez D Spencer" >
wrote:

>what do you think was the biggest supplement scam over the past 20
>years or so?

Will is.

WillBrink
March 14th 06, 10:18 PM
In article . com>,
"Pez D Spencer" > wrote:

> will,
>
> what do you think was the biggest supplement scam over the past 20
> years or so?

Lord there's soooooooooooooo many! Creatine serum would have to be right
up there at the top, but Hot Stuff, Cybergenics, etc, are all just as
bad.

> right off the top of my head, i'd probably put my money on the creatine
> craze,

Why? creatine actually works, it's cheap, and safe. That supp was
actually worth the craze.

>HMB, or hot stuff...oh, and there's always the infamous
> cybergenics total bodybuilding system.

Agreed, they all sucked.

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

locker
March 14th 06, 11:05 PM
Pez D Spencer wrote:
> will,
>
> what do you think was the biggest supplement scam over the
past 20
> years or so?
>
> right off the top of my head, i'd probably put my money on the
> creatine craze, HMB, or hot stuff...oh, and there's always the
> infamous cybergenics total bodybuilding system.

The myth that HUGE amounts of protein will make you
big/strong...and Chromium.

locker

John
March 14th 06, 11:12 PM
"locker" > wrote in message
> Pez D Spencer wrote:
> > will,
> >
> > what do you think was the biggest supplement scam over the
> past 20
> > years or so?
> >
> > right off the top of my head, i'd probably put my money on the
> > creatine craze, HMB, or hot stuff...oh, and there's always the
> > infamous cybergenics total bodybuilding system.
>
> The myth that HUGE amounts of protein will make you
> big/strong...and Chromium.

WTF? Who says Cr will make you big? ****, you're a dumb****.

JMW
March 15th 06, 01:54 AM
"Brian Fletcher" > wrote:
>"John" > wrote:

>>> The myth that HUGE amounts of protein will make you
>>> big/strong...and Chromium.
>>
>> WTF? Who says Cr will make you big? ****, you're a dumb****.
>>
>Occasionally (very occasionally) some people are deficient is certain trace
>minerals, without which, there will be an unpredictable effect. However, if
>someone is healthy enough to perform even moderate workouts regularly, the
>effect would be irrelevant. Of course , as you get healthier, you might
>develop an appetite for specific foods where that element is present. The
>body is "smart" like that.
>
>Twenty years ago, whey was either fed to the pigs, or poured down the
>drains.
>
>More opportunistic than scam, but economically based, it is low on the rip
>off scale.

Opportunistic, yes, yet very good for timed infusion of amino acids,
which the current literature shows may be beneficial, particularly
when combined with insulin release elicited by simple sugars.

Robert Schuh
May 14th 06, 07:04 AM
Pez D Spencer wrote:

> will,
>
> what do you think was the biggest supplement scam over the past 20
> years or so?
>
> right off the top of my head, i'd probably put my money on the creatine
> craze, HMB, or hot stuff...oh, and there's always the infamous
> cybergenics total bodybuilding system.

ZMA

--
Robert Schuh