PDA

View Full Version : 24 Hour Fitness

March 22nd 06, 05:14 PM
I've notice at my local 24 hour fitness club there seem to be a high
turnover rate among it's employees, especially in management. i see
them there for 2-3 months and then they're gone. Does anyone know why?
Are they transferred to another club? Are they let go? Or is the pay
bad?

Thanks, Allyson

rick++
March 23rd 06, 04:26 PM
The pay is bad. Salespeople work on commissions and trainers are
expected
to develop a paying clientale. People in their 20s are kind of
flighty about
non-career jobs too.
I went to one some years back and they were perpetually advertising
"a sale ending in a few days". They, like some other gyms, were
trying to
get you to sign a three year, automatic bank debit contract. These
are very
difficult to terminate. They also renamed the sales commission as a
"processing
fee" as distinct from the "initiation fee" which they waive for special
customers (everyone).
Its sleazy and expensive if you get caught in a bad contract.

March 24th 06, 11:08 PM
wrote:
> I've notice at my local 24 hour fitness club there seem to be a high
> turnover rate among it's employees, especially in management. i see
> them there for 2-3 months and then they're gone. Does anyone know why?
> Are they transferred to another club? Are they let go? Or is the pay
> bad?
>
> Thanks, Allyson

Because its a **** gym. People hate working there just like they hate
working out there.

Gooserider
March 25th 06, 03:57 PM
"rick++" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> The pay is bad. Salespeople work on commissions and trainers are
> expected
> to develop a paying clientale. People in their 20s are kind of
> flighty about
> non-career jobs too.
> I went to one some years back and they were perpetually advertising
> "a sale ending in a few days". They, like some other gyms, were
> trying to
> get you to sign a three year, automatic bank debit contract. These
> are very
> difficult to terminate. They also renamed the sales commission as a
> "processing
> fee" as distinct from the "initiation fee" which they waive for special
> customers (everyone).
> Its sleazy and expensive if you get caught in a bad contract.

What kind of fool would sign up for a bank debit contract? How hard would it
be to tell the salesman to **** off?

March 25th 06, 06:38 PM

> Because its a **** gym. People hate working there just like they hate
> working out there.

lol. i agree. and employees there are idiots anyway and have no
business working at a gym. kmart maybe....