PDA

View Full Version : Was Mike Mentzer gay?

Spleen Merchent
June 17th 06, 04:31 PM
Mike Mentzer died a few years ago after dedicating the first half of his
life to getting the Mr. Olympia (and failing thanks to Arnold); and then the
second half towards promoting his High Intensity Training philosophy.

Did he or his brother leave behind any kids or a family? Were either or both
of them gay?

Pete
June 17th 06, 05:14 PM
"Spleen Merchent" > schreef:

> Mike Mentzer died a few years ago after dedicating the first half of his
> life to getting the Mr. Olympia (and failing thanks to Arnold);

HAHAHAHAHA !!!!!
We allready discussed this several weeks ago!

> and then the
> second half towards promoting his High Intensity Training philosophy.

> Did he or his brother leave behind any kids or a family? Were either or
> both
> of them gay?

And incestouas.

----
Pete

Spleen Merchent
June 17th 06, 05:17 PM
"Pete" <> And incestouas.

Those two were very sick physically and ****ed up thanks to steroids (though
Black Bob will claim it was just natural kidney illnesses and heart
problems).

I doubt that once they hit their forties they were swinging much. Apparently
they never found anyone (male or female) that loved them. When they died, it
appears like they did not have any family at all. The reports were pretty
much (bodies found, then buried). No mention of any memorial, etc.

Curt James
June 17th 06, 05:49 PM
Pete > wrote:

>"Spleen Merchent" > schreef:
>
>> Mike Mentzer died a few years ago after dedicating the first half of
>> his life to getting the Mr. Olympia (and failing thanks to Arnold);
>
>HAHAHAHAHA !!!!!
>We allready discussed this several weeks ago!

True. Good discussion, imo. And fully Googlable.

>> and then the second half towards promoting his High Intensity
>> Training philosophy.
>
>> Did he or his brother leave behind any kids or a family? Were
>> either or both of them gay?

You could ask Cathy Gelfo.

>And incestouas.

I suspect there'd be a niche for those videos.

Me? I'll stick with my search for Claudia Montemaggi's Olympia posing
routine on VHS or DVD, thanks.

--
Curt

Curt James
June 17th 06, 06:28 PM
Spleen Merchent > wrote:

[...]

re Mike and Ray Mentzer

>Apparently

Apparently you don't have a clue about what you're talking about.

>they never found anyone (male or female) that loved them.

Pretty informed, are you?

>When they died, it appears like they did not have any family
>at all.

They had a sister, Marieann, however I have no clue whatever happened
to her. Ray and Mike both graduated from Ephrata High School which is
also my alma mater. Ray was a member of the 30-pin club in wrestling.

>The reports were pretty much (bodies found, then buried).
>No mention of any memorial, etc.

Their mother and father preceded them both in death. My aunt was a
nurse at Ephrata Community Hospital years ago. Ray and Mike both
visited their mother while she was in the hospital. The Mentzer
family, unfortunately, has a history of heart disease.

Ray made at least one appearance at the Ephrata Rec Center, signing
autographs for fans. And Mike made at least one appearance at the old
Lancaster Health Spa.

To say that no one loved Mike and Ray is to speak from ignorance.

Hth.

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

Spleen Merchent
June 17th 06, 07:05 PM
"Curt James" <> To say that no one loved Mike and Ray is to speak from
ignorance.

You and thousands of other fans may have loved them, but I am talking about
LEGAL heirs who could set up a memorial to continue the HIT legacy in some
manner.

Spouses, children, anyone left of the Mentzer family? I think it is kind of
tragic if they left no one.

Curt James
June 17th 06, 09:04 PM
Spleen Merchent > wrote:

>"Curt James" <> To say that no one loved Mike and Ray is to speak from
>ignorance.
>>
>You and thousands of other fans may have loved them, but I am talking about
>LEGAL heirs who could set up a memorial to continue the HIT legacy in some
>manner.
>
>Spouses, children, anyone left of the Mentzer family? I think it is kind of
>tragic if they left no one.

That'd be John Little and Joanne Sharkey. Definitely legal and
hell-bent on continuing the HIT legacy. I am curious about Marieanne,
though.

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

Vachon
June 18th 06, 01:16 AM
"Curt James" <> That'd be John Little and Joanne Sharkey. Definitely legal
and
> hell-bent on continuing the HIT legacy. I am curious about Marieanne,
> though.

Who are they? Please explain.

Curt James
June 18th 06, 03:09 AM
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 23:16:18 GMT, "Vachon" > wrote:

[...]

re John Little and Joanne Sharkey

>Who are they? Please explain.

John Little is Mentzer's "long-time friend of 22 years and fellow
high-intensity training innovator" according to...

http://www.mikementzer.com/Consultations_John.html

Joanne Sharkey was Mike's business assistant and is current President
and CEO of Mentzer-Sharkey Enterprises, Inc.

If you're interested in learning more about Mike Mentzer, you may be
interested in the following links as well:

http://www.mikementzer.com/
http://www.ironage.us/guest_edit/mcgough.html

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

Vachon
June 18th 06, 03:15 AM
"Curt James" <> John Little is Mentzer's "long-time friend of 22 years">

You mean like homos?

Curt James
June 18th 06, 06:05 AM
Vachon > wrote:

>"Curt James" <> John Little is Mentzer's "long-time friend of 22 years">
>
>You mean like homos?

Like I said, you could ask Cathy Gelfo.

Have you had any friends of the same sex for 22 years? Would that make
you homosexual? And what's your interest in the sexuality of the
deceased? Or are you more interested in John Little?

Rhetorical.

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

Vachon
June 18th 06, 09:01 AM
"Curt James" <Or are you more interested in John Little?

I have no frickin idea what John Little is. I just wondered how much of a
total frickin loser failure Mike Mentzer turned out to be, and apparently
his whole family tree is dead and his two friends are milking his legacy for
every penny they can get.

Mike Mentzer was a major frickin pussy who gave up after Arnold kicked his
ass. Apparently Mentzer could not even get his dick up to spawn any kids (if
he wasn't gay) and then died from the steroids he had sucked up in order NOT
to win the Mr. Olympia.

Curt James
June 18th 06, 09:21 AM
Vachon > wrote:

>I have no frickin idea what John Little is. I just wondered how much of a
>total frickin loser failure Mike Mentzer turned out to be, and apparently
>his whole family tree is dead and his two friends are milking his legacy for
>every penny they can get.

There's money to be made and so entrepreneurial types will make that
money, but I'd like to think that Little has a sincere interest in
keeping Mentzer's training philosophy and products in the hands of
people who can best use them rather than allow Mentzer's legacy to
collect dust. I can't really argue with your cynicism, however. Your
viewpoint may well be accurate so far as the financial motives go.

Regardless, Mentzer lives on after a fashion.

>Mike Mentzer was a major frickin pussy who gave up after Arnold kicked his
>ass. Apparently Mentzer could not even get his dick up to spawn any kids (if
>he wasn't gay) and then died from the steroids he had sucked up in order NOT
>to win the Mr. Olympia.

I'm also disappointed that Mentzer didn't return to competition in the
following years. Damn shame, actually.

But are you truly angry with Mentzer or are you just looking for a
negative/hostile reaction to your posts?

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

Vachon
June 18th 06, 05:27 PM
"Curt James" <> But are you truly angry with Mentzer or are you just looking
for a
> negative/hostile reaction to your posts?

I am disappointed that someone who seemed like he had so much promise back
in the day basically died with a whimper. His brother also disappeared
completely from BB around the same time (1980) or earlier.

Add Bertil Fox, Lou Ferrigno, Sergio Oliva, and so many other guys that went
in the wrong directions or seemed to give up.

Was Sergio washed up after 1971? How many great BBers did Arnold seem to
screw up with his psychological warfare?

Curt James
June 18th 06, 06:14 PM
Vachon > wrote:

>"Curt James" <> But are you truly angry with Mentzer or are
>>you just looking for a negative/hostile reaction to your posts?
>>
>I am disappointed that someone who seemed like he had so much
>promise back in the day basically died with a whimper.

Apparently he'd had two undetected heart attacks. Rather than having
died with a whimper, Mentzer was on the road back to bodybuilding
success (financially, getting the message out, training, etc.) But,
yeah, it would have been great to see him compete in '81 and beyond.

>His brother also disappeared completely from BB around the same
>time (1980) or earlier.

Likewise Ray. It would have been great to see him continue to compete.
I believe he had a much better frame, aesthetically speaking, than
Mike's. Compare their biceps peak. Ray all the way.

http://www.mesomorphosis.com/store/media/mike-ray-mentzer.jpg
http://www.drdarden.com/img/photos/metz.jpg

Better abs, longer calves, better chest, and taller. Not as broad as
his big brother, but the mass certainly would have come.

>Add Bertil Fox,

Uh, murdering people (even unintentionally - see the link), I suspect,
never helped anyone's bodybuilding career, eh? Well, let me amend
that... it helped Bertil's /competition/, obviously.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_10_23/ai_n15894917

An incredible NABBA champ, though.

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/bertilfox.html#3

>Lou Ferrigno, Sergio Oliva, and so many other guys that went
>in the wrong directions or seemed to give up.

Louie is still as big as a house and made far more money OFF a posing
dais than on one. And how you can say Oliva "seemed to give up" is
beyond me. Give up? Oliva is a champion and, despite not reaching
Schwarzenegger's level of success, certainly deserves your respect.
Give up. Ridiculous.

>Was Sergio washed up after 1971?

Washed up? Excuse me, my eyes are bleeding. Oliva was smart. He could
see the writing on the wall so far as the IFBB and Arnold goes and,
therefore, made the intelligent choice: WABBA and WBBG.

http://www.sergiooliva.com/bio.html

>How many great BBers did Arnold seem to screw up with his
>psychological warfare?

While Arnold's tenacity and trickery are legendary, I suspect his
physique and personality had much more to do with his success than any
amount of psychological warfare.

Arnold did not, imo, screw up any great bodybuilders, he paved the way
for today's incredible purses as well as one of the top bodybuiding
championships on the planet. Apparently, even Mike Mentzer mended
fences with Arnold prior to Mentzer's untimely death.

I do appreciate your interest in bodybuilding history and the sport's
many champions. Thanks for posting. What else you got?! ;o)

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

Vachon
June 19th 06, 12:20 AM
"Curt James" <Mike Mentzer mended fences with Arnold prior to Mentzer's
untimely death.

Did Arnold go to their funeral?

Curt James
June 19th 06, 01:29 AM
Vachon > wrote:

>"Curt James" <Mike Mentzer mended fences with
>Arnold prior to Mentzer's untimely death.
>>

>Did Arnold go to their funeral?

Haven't you been following the DON'T MAKE JOKES thread?

Seriously.

--

Pete
June 19th 06, 01:56 AM
"Curt James" > schreef:

>>"Curt James" <Mike Mentzer mended fences with
>>Arnold prior to Mentzer's untimely death.

>>Did Arnold go to their funeral?

> Haven't you been following the DON'T MAKE JOKES thread?

Must be something in the air, everybody is a comedian all of a sudden.

And yes, i believe Arnold went to the cremation. He insisted that he was the
one liting the match...

----
Pete

Vachon
June 19th 06, 01:58 AM
"Pete" <> And yes, i believe Arnold went to the cremation.>>

It reminds me of the Sam Kinison routine about Sex with the Dead.

Curt James
June 19th 06, 03:12 AM
Vachon > wrote:

>"Pete" <> And yes, i believe Arnold went to the cremation.>>

Very funny, Pete. (But probably something Arnold would get a kick out
of from the perspective of "How many people have done THIS?". Still,
with his father's ties... also probably not something Arnold would
publicize as one of his hobbies.)

>It reminds me of the Sam Kinison routine about Sex with the Dead.

http://www.samkinison.org/

One of the true kings of comedy.

--
Curt

Pete
June 19th 06, 03:40 AM
"Curt James" > schreef:

> Very funny, Pete. (But probably something Arnold would get a kick out
> of from the perspective of "How many people have done THIS?". Still,
> with his father's ties... also probably not something Arnold would
> publicize as one of his hobbies.)

Yeah, i remember the link you posted about Arnold, and what he has done in
his younger years. I read it 3 times or so.
I dont think he a a fair deal, he was portrayed in a very negative way.

----
Pete

Robert Schuh
June 21st 06, 01:59 AM
Spleen Merchent wrote:

> "Pete" <> And incestouas.
> >

> Those two were very sick physically and ****ed up thanks to steroids (though
> Black Bob will claim it was just natural kidney illnesses and heart
> problems).
>
> I doubt that once they hit their forties they were swinging much. Apparently
> they never found anyone (male or female) that loved them. When they died, it
> appears like they did not have any family at all. The reports were pretty
> much (bodies found, then buried). No mention of any memorial, etc.

You are a ****ing asshole. They were ****ed up from using more speed than 90% of
the tweekers in any large city. Get a life asshole.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Robert Schuh
June 21st 06, 02:00 AM
Spleen Merchent wrote:

> "Curt James" <> To say that no one loved Mike and Ray is to speak from
> ignorance.
> >

> You and thousands of other fans may have loved them, but I am talking about
> LEGAL heirs who could set up a memorial to continue the HIT legacy in some
> manner.
>
> Spouses, children, anyone left of the Mentzer family? I think it is kind of
> tragic if they left no one.

Mike did NOT build his body using the silly HIT bull****. I trained with Mike
in 1978 and he was doing 12-15 sets/body part. NO ONE has developed a top notch
physique using HIT. HIT is ****.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Pete
June 21st 06, 04:51 AM
"Robert Schuh" > schreef:

> Mike did NOT build his body using the silly HIT bull****. I trained with
> Mike
> in 1978 and he was doing 12-15 sets/body part. NO ONE has developed a top
> notch
> physique using HIT. HIT is ****.

Rob, what about Dorian?
Dorian said many, MANY times that he used that exact same system, and that
his workouts lasted 40-50 minutes or so.Was he BSing as well?

----
Pete

Pete
June 21st 06, 06:56 AM
"Robert Schuh" > schreef:

>> Rob, what about Dorian?
>> Dorian said many, MANY times that he used that exact same system, and
>> that
>> his workouts lasted 40-50 minutes or so.Was he BSing as well?

> Dorian NEVER said he did 1 set/body part.

Hmmm... My bad then. I am pretty sure i recall that he metioned that several
times.

> Dorian trained VERY hard and did less
> sets than most pros, but he still did 12-15 sets/body part. Just get his
> video
> and watch him train.

I have Blood andGuts on myhard-disc, but i aam always a tiny bit sceptical
about those videos...

I am pretty sure i wll see him the next few months. He has an appartment
pretty much near the Red Light District.
I think i am gonna ask him.

----
Pete

David Cohen
June 21st 06, 08:05 AM
"Pete" > wrote

> I have Blood andGuts on myhard-disc, but i aam always a tiny bit sceptical
> about those videos...

Yeah, don't trust the videos.

The magazines...THAT'S where you find all the true stuff.

:)

David

Pete
June 21st 06, 10:31 AM
"David Cohen" > schreef:

>> I have Blood andGuts on myhard-disc, but i aam always a tiny bit
>> sceptical about those videos...

> Yeah, don't trust the videos.

> The magazines...THAT'S where you find all the true stuff.

To tell you the truth, my so called infinite wisdom when it comes to matters
such as training, are copy and pasted responses from Muscle & Fitness that i
scan in.

I have a live-long subsribtion.

----
Pete

Hobbes
June 21st 06, 03:43 PM
In article >,
Robert Schuh > wrote:

> Spleen Merchent wrote:
>
> > "Curt James" <> To say that no one loved Mike and Ray is to speak from
> > ignorance.
> > >

> > You and thousands of other fans may have loved them, but I am talking about
> > LEGAL heirs who could set up a memorial to continue the HIT legacy in some
> > manner.
> >
> > Spouses, children, anyone left of the Mentzer family? I think it is kind of
> > tragic if they left no one.
>
> Mike did NOT build his body using the silly HIT bull****. I trained with Mike
> in 1978 and he was doing 12-15 sets/body part. NO ONE has developed a top
> notch
> physique using HIT. HIT is ****.

I dunno. Some people can make a lot of money with HIT.

:^)

--
Keith

Robert Schuh
June 21st 06, 10:34 PM
Hobbes wrote:

> In article >,
> Robert Schuh > wrote:
>
> > Spleen Merchent wrote:
> >
> > > "Curt James" <> To say that no one loved Mike and Ray is to speak from
> > > ignorance.
> > > >

> > > You and thousands of other fans may have loved them, but I am talking about
> > > LEGAL heirs who could set up a memorial to continue the HIT legacy in some
> > > manner.
> > >
> > > Spouses, children, anyone left of the Mentzer family? I think it is kind of
> > > tragic if they left no one.
> >
> > Mike did NOT build his body using the silly HIT bull****. I trained with Mike
> > in 1978 and he was doing 12-15 sets/body part. NO ONE has developed a top
> > notch
> > physique using HIT. HIT is ****.
>
> I dunno. Some people can make a lot of money with HIT.
>
> :^)
>
> --
> Keith

LOL! Kenny G makes a lot of money playing that horse **** he does, but it does not
make it good music. :-)

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Hobbes
June 22nd 06, 04:14 PM
In article >,
Robert Schuh > wrote:

> Hobbes wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > Robert Schuh > wrote:

> > > Mike did NOT build his body using the silly HIT bull****. I trained with
> > > Mike
> > > in 1978 and he was doing 12-15 sets/body part. NO ONE has developed a top
> > > notch
> > > physique using HIT. HIT is ****.
> >
> > I dunno. Some people can make a lot of money with HIT.
> >
> > :^)
> >
> > --
> > Keith
>
> LOL! Kenny G makes a lot of money playing that horse **** he does, but it
> does not
> make it good music. :-)

Ain't that the truth!

Our jazz festival starts this weekend. I normally restrict myself to the
outdoor blues garden, but this year the headliner on Sat night is Little
Richard.

Hmm. Roots rock and roll, to be sure, but hardly blues.

We have a pretty good jazz festival - nice venues and the whole city
gets into it. You may have to get up here some time!

--
Keith

Curt James
June 23rd 06, 02:22 AM
Robert Schuh > wrote:

[...]

>Mike did NOT build his body using the silly HIT bull****.

I suppose you're no fan of DC training then either.

>I trained with Mike in 1978

Define "trained with Mike" because if it means you were in the same
gym and also training, well, I "trained with Mike" too. Big whoop.

>and he was doing 12-15 sets/body part.

Way to contradict the deceased. Nicely done, Bob.

>NO ONE has developed a top notch physique using
>HIT. HIT is ****.

Hmm. Dorian = average physique?

--
Curt

Curt James
June 23rd 06, 02:24 AM
Robert Schuh > wrote:

[...]

>Mike Mentzer did not develop is body using HIT. When I
>trained with him he did 15 sets for chest and 12 for biceps.
>It is physiologically impossible to gain significant muscle
>using 1 or 2 sets/body part. NO top BBer has developed
>a top level physique with this training.

What titles did you win again?

And, iirc, there's some mention of "warm-up" sets versus "working"
sets.

--
Curt <--- my real name
http://curtjames.com/

Robert Schuh
June 24th 06, 09:29 AM
Hobbes wrote:

> In article >,
> Robert Schuh > wrote:
>
> > Hobbes wrote:

> > > I dunno. Some people can make a lot of money with HIT.
> > >
> > > :^)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Keith
> >
> > LOL! Kenny G makes a lot of money playing that horse **** he does, but it
> > does not
> > make it good music. :-)
>
> Ain't that the truth!
>
> Our jazz festival starts this weekend. I normally restrict myself to the
> outdoor blues garden, but this year the headliner on Sat night is Little
> Richard.
>
> Hmm. Roots rock and roll, to be sure, but hardly blues.
>
> We have a pretty good jazz festival - nice venues and the whole city
> gets into it. You may have to get up here some time!
>
> --
> Keith

I will never understand why they ever have a blues band in a "Jazz Festival."
Having Little Richard just makes it totally ludicrous! :-)

Rob

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Moylo
June 28th 06, 01:56 PM
Spleen Merchent wrote:
> Mike Mentzer died a few years ago after dedicating the first half of his
> life to getting the Mr. Olympia (and failing thanks to Arnold); and then the
> second half towards promoting his High Intensity Training philosophy.
>
> Did he or his brother leave behind any kids or a family? Were either or both
> of them gay?

The Mentzer brother weren't gay. Ray infact left a daughter behind.

Moylo
June 28th 06, 02:02 PM
Robert Schuh wrote:
> Spleen Merchent wrote:
>
> > "Curt James" <> To say that no one loved Mike and Ray is to speak from
> > ignorance.
> > >

> > You and thousands of other fans may have loved them, but I am talking about
> > LEGAL heirs who could set up a memorial to continue the HIT legacy in some
> > manner.
> >
> > Spouses, children, anyone left of the Mentzer family? I think it is kind of
> > tragic if they left no one.
>
> Mike did NOT build his body using the silly HIT bull****. I trained with Mike
> in 1978 and he was doing 12-15 sets/body part. NO ONE has developed a top notch
> physique using HIT. HIT is ****.
>

> --
> Robert Schuh
> "Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
> intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
> the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
> the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
> - Nietzsche
>
> http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

As Robert Schuh rightly pointed out Dorian Yates made a successfull
physique using the HIT theory.And your right Mike did use 12/15 sets
per body part in 1978.But if u bothered your sorry ass to read his
books you would realise after 1978 when he got in his peak form for the
early 80's he made his biggest gains developing his style of HIT
trainning

Robert Schuh
July 3rd 06, 07:59 AM
Moylo wrote:

> Robert Schuh wrote:
> > Spleen Merchent wrote:
> >
> > > "Curt James" <> To say that no one loved Mike and Ray is to speak from
> > > ignorance.
> > > >

> > > You and thousands of other fans may have loved them, but I am talking about
> > > LEGAL heirs who could set up a memorial to continue the HIT legacy in some
> > > manner.
> > >
> > > Spouses, children, anyone left of the Mentzer family? I think it is kind of
> > > tragic if they left no one.
> >
> > Mike did NOT build his body using the silly HIT bull****. I trained with Mike
> > in 1978 and he was doing 12-15 sets/body part. NO ONE has developed a top notch
> > physique using HIT. HIT is ****.
> >

> > --
> > Robert Schuh
> > "Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
> > intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
> > the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
> > the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
> > - Nietzsche
> >
> > http://www.hardbopdrums.com/
>
> As Robert Schuh rightly pointed out Dorian Yates made a successfull
> physique using the HIT theory.And your right Mike did use 12/15 sets
> per body part in 1978.But if u bothered your sorry ass to read his
> books you would realise after 1978 when he got in his peak form for the
> early 80's he made his biggest gains developing his style of HIT
> trainning

I did not say Dorian used the HIT bull****. Dorian also did 12-15 sets/body part. No
one will EVER be a top notch BBer doing HIT

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Pez D Spencer
July 3rd 06, 06:17 PM
he wasn't gay.

his jizz-splattered portrait of ayn rand was auctioned off on ebay a
few years back.

Curt James
July 3rd 06, 09:51 PM
Pez D Spencer wrote:
> he wasn't gay.
>
> his jizz-splattered portrait of ayn rand was
> auctioned off on ebay a few years back.

Now how in hell does THAT prove that Mike Mentzer wasn't ga... wait.
Whaa?

Just hold up! Ayn Rand is WOMAN??? No way!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/MFW/aynrand.jpg

I'm far from convinced.

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

Curt James
July 4th 06, 09:18 AM
Sol wrote:

re http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/MFW/aynrand.jpg

> compared to Ayn Rand, Franco Columbu looks like a pretty woman

To be fair, I picked the most unflattering pic I could find to
represent Rand and thus support my little joke. FOR SHAME!

http://www.accs.net/users/wolf/ayn_rand.JPG
http://www.societalibera.org/images/cammino/5_20.jpg
http://www.arches.uga.edu/~jpetrie/rand3.gif
http://www.philosophyprofessor.com/images/philosophers/ayn-rand.jpg

Those are all much better at displaying Rand's natural beauty.

--
Curt

Curt James
July 5th 06, 05:56 AM
Sol wrote:
[...]

> BTW, I ripped Mike Mentzer an ass in a letter that was published in Flex way
> back when he was still writing for MD (?), around 1994. Basically pointed
> out that he was a major pussy who had avoided any competition since Arnold
> kicked his ass in 1980 (or robbed him). Also mentioned that HIT was bull****
> for fags.

There's respect. See, what you don't realize is that you made
*yourself* an ass rather than ripping Mike a new one. Just a guess, of
course. But, hey, Mike Mentzer... Mr. Universe versus "Sol"... not Mr.
Universe.

> I also managed to get a letter into whatever mag he was writing for (MD?)
> that asked about his lack of competition since 1980. Back in those days,
> Mentzer and some other guy used to each have a Rant page that was a lot of
> fun to read, especially when they were ****ed off. My letter ****ed him off,
> which was good.

How do you know that your letter ****ed him off? Did he reply directly?
I got a postcard from Don Ross back in the day. That was pretty cool.
Spoke with Ron Teufel waaay back in the day. Stood onstage with him
during the Mr. Lancaster contest. Also cool.

Otoh, being able to brag "I ripped Mike Mentzer an ass... /in a
letter/"? Not so cool, imo.

> Too bad he never competed after 1980. R.I.P. Mike Mentzer.

I do agree with you on this point, however.

In fact (okay, opinion), I say he and Ray would quite possibly both
still be alive if Arnold had given the '80 O a pass.

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

Pez D Spencer
July 5th 06, 06:01 AM
> In fact (okay, opinion), I say he and Ray would quite possibly both
> still be alive if Arnold had given the '80 O a pass.

and if chris dickerson, frank zane, and boyer coe hadn't shown up, then
mentzer may have won the '80 olympia. mentzer tied for fourth in that
contest.

Pez D Spencer
July 5th 06, 06:05 AM
excuse me, mentzer placed fifth.

gotta remember that i need a second opinion when gleaning "facts" from
the internet.

Pez D Spencer wrote:
> > In fact (okay, opinion), I say he and Ray would quite possibly both
> > still be alive if Arnold had given the '80 O a pass.
>

> and if chris dickerson, frank zane, and boyer coe hadn't shown up, then
> mentzer may have won the '80 olympia. mentzer tied for fourth in that
> contest.

Curt James
July 5th 06, 06:25 AM
Pez D Spencer wrote:
> > In fact (okay, opinion), I say he and Ray would quite possibly both
> > still be alive if Arnold had given the '80 O a pass.
>
> and if chris dickerson, frank zane, and boyer coe hadn't shown up, then
> mentzer may have won the '80 olympia. mentzer tied for fourth in that
> contest.

A tie? What? There was no tie. He placed an incredible 5th. Absurd.
More: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/archive/index.php/t-237721.html

And I said I think they'd both might still be alive. I didn't say
Mentzer would have gone onto win a thousand Olympias or even that he
would have won the 1980 competition. Otoh, without Arnold's presence in
Australia on that day, who knows?

--
Curt

Curt James
July 5th 06, 06:28 AM
Pez D Spencer wrote:
> excuse me, mentzer placed fifth.

Yeah, I noticed that.

Well, I can't believe that ifbb.com doesn't have a listing of all the
placings from the first O to the present day.

--
Curt

Curt James
July 5th 06, 06:47 AM
Sol wrote:
> "Curt James" <what you don't realize is that you made *yourself* an ass
> rather than ripping Mike a new one. Just a guess, of course. >>
>
> Wrong guess, dickbrain.

God, do I have to review this again? Take note: I am right. You are
wrong. Hth.

Pay attention. You made an ass out of yourself.

> Mentzer had been attacking the IFBB & Flex, and they printed my letter
> along with some editorial remarks along the lines of "Hey Mike, why not
> prove it on the competition stage?"

Okay, so you're bragging that a Flex editor printed your letter? Glad
you cleared that up.

> > How do you know that your letter ****ed him off? Did he reply directly?
>
> He printed a portion of the letter on his Rants Page, and then did a rant
> about how the IFBB is fixed and he would never compete in it again, blah,
> blah, blah, along with some remarks about what he thought of the particular
> imaginary person that had sent him the letter. He mentioned coming to
> Florida to kick my ass. If I had known he had bad kidneys I would have sent
> him my real name and address.

That's direct enough. Still, my money? I say Mike Mentzer's corpse
could kick your ass. Come ON, pussy! You versus Mike and Ray. Today!

> It was fun to see him get slammed in Flex. My letter seemed to get the ball
> rolling

Hoo doggie! You must be darn proud there, Solly.

> and for several months others kept sending in letters slamming Mentzer
> (with an occasional defense printed, just so Flex could say "We got 75
> letters slamming Mentzer, and 5 letters defending him, here's one" and of
> course the only one they printed sounded like it was written by Bob Shue.

It's Schuh, Sol. And you're not saying that YOU are responsible for
Arnold's legion of fans decrying Mentzer's (not so) sour grapes? Uh,
grandiose much?

> Eventually Mentzer stopped talking about Flex & the IFBB, and Flex stopped
> printing letters that said all kinds of negative stuff about him.

How very interestiZZZZ...

--
Curt

Curt James
July 5th 06, 06:53 AM
Sol wrote:
> "Curt James" <> Well, I can't believe that ifbb.com doesn't have
> a listing of all the placings from the first O to the present day.
> >
> Here they are: http://www.getbig.com/results/results.htm

Hmmm. Let's see. http://www.getbig.com/ is what you're offering?
Thanks, Sol, but I'm familiar with getbig.com. Now, how exactly does
that relate to what I said? I can't believe that ~*IFBB.COM*~ doesn't
have a listing of all placings for the various Mr. O comps.

> I am starting to think that you are so dumb that you couldn't
> get laid in a trailer park.

Got that whole "get laid" on the brain, eh? Been a while? Rhetorical.
No need to embarrass yourself further.

--
Curt

Curt James
July 5th 06, 12:25 PM
Sol wrote:
> "Curt James" <you're not saying that YOU are responsible for Arnold's legion
> of fans decrying Mentzer's (not so) sour grapes? Uh, grandiose much?

(counts words...)

That's 21 from me.

> I am sayi<snip>

Versus line after line about how you're not going to talk to me.

How's that working out for you?

> <snip>Mike Mentzer could make a rant entertaining. On the
> months when he would do his rants, he was fun to read.

And when he wasn't entertaining or fun to read then you'd rip him a new
one. Can I have your autograph, Sol?

Oh. There goes that sarcasm again.

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

Will Brink
July 10th 06, 11:32 PM
In article
Hobbes > wrote:

> There were a few guys like Yates that did very intense, brief workouts.
> But even then they do at least 5-6 sets per bodypart, AFAIK.

They were brief by the standards of many bbers of the time, but were not
even close to HIT brief, as you are saying. I spoke with Dorian about
that several times. He told me he went to talk with Mike and see what he
could learn,did a workout, and went about his way with Mentzer claiming
he trained Yates and Yates followed his HIT system, etc. which is
nothing but BS. Dorian believes in brief intense workouts vs the very
high volume pumping workouts that were more common when he came on the
scene that are now mostly out of favor now. OK, so the conversation we
had took place at 3am in a "mens club" in Vegas, but that's does not
change what he said! :-)

--
Will Brink @ www.BrinkZone.com

Curt James
July 11th 06, 02:01 AM
Will Brink wrote:
[...]

> <snip>I spoke with Dorian about that several times. He told
> me he went to talk with Mike and see what he could learn,
> did a workout, and went about his way with Mentzer claiming
> he trained Yates and Yates followed his HIT system, etc. which
> is nothing but BS.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bull****, eh? Kinda like you sharing a conversation you had with Dorian
Yates about a man who's dead and therefore can obviously not defend
himself? Because that sounds like BS to me.

You're a piece of work, Brink.

What was that about compassion? I'd like to think that if you were in
danger that I'd lend assistance, however I could well understand
someone offering up something like...

"If he was on fire, I wouldn't cross the street to **** on him."

Me? I'd **** on you.

ahahahAHAH

Okay, seriously, I'd douse the flames immediately. And then I'd tell
the paramedics, "Save his man boobs!"

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/imnoone/MFW/wb.jpg

--
Curt <--- graduated from the same h.s. as the Mentzer brothers
http://curtjames.com/

David Cohen
July 11th 06, 02:17 AM
"Curt James" > wrote
> Will Brink wrote:
> [...]
>
>> <snip>I spoke with Dorian about that several times. He told
>> me he went to talk with Mike and see what he could learn,
>> did a workout, and went about his way with Mentzer claiming
>> he trained Yates and Yates followed his HIT system, etc. which
>> is nothing but BS.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Bull****, eh? Kinda like you sharing a conversation you had with Dorian
> Yates about a man who's dead and therefore can obviously not defend
> himself? Because that sounds like BS to me.
>
> You're a piece of work, Brink.

No, KING. Back. Stay.

TROLL DISENABLERMAN will not interfere with you trolling Will, because he is
well known and respected within the professional bodybuilding community, and
your attempts to argue anything in that area with him comes across as
pathetic.

TROLL DISENABLERMAN says "carry on".

TROLL DISENABLERMAN

Curt James
July 11th 06, 05:34 AM
David Cohen wrote:
> "Curt James" > wrote
> > Will Brink wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> >> <snip>I spoke with Dorian about that several times. He told
> >> me he went to talk with Mike and see what he could learn,
> >> did a workout, and went about his way with Mentzer claiming
> >> he trained Yates and Yates followed his HIT system, etc. which
> >> is nothing but BS.
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > Bull****, eh? Kinda like you sharing a conversation you had with Dorian
> > Yates about a man who's dead and therefore can obviously not defend
> > himself? Because that sounds like BS to me.
> >
> > You're a piece of work, Brink.
>
> No, KING. Back. Stay.
>
> TROLL DISENABLERMAN will not interfere with you trolling Will, because he is
> well known and respected within the professional bodybuilding community, and
> your attempts to argue anything in that area with him comes across as
> pathetic.
>
> TROLL DISENABLERMAN says "carry on".
>
> TROLL DISENABLERMAN

Curt James
July 11th 06, 06:22 AM
Cohen wrote:
> "Curt James" > wrote
> > Will Brink wrote:
[...]
> >> <snip>I spoke with Dorian about that several times. He told
> >> me he went to talk with Mike and see what he could learn,
> >> did a workout, and went about his way with Mentzer claiming
> >> he trained Yates and Yates followed his HIT system, etc. which
> >> is nothing but BS.
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > Bull****, eh? Kinda like you sharing a conversation you had with Dorian
> > Yates about a man who's dead and therefore can obviously not defend
> > himself? Because that sounds like BS to me.

Brink states that Mentzer's claim that he trained Yates and Yates
followed his HIT system is nothing but BS.

This may be true, however what makes it appropriate for Brink to pass
on this tidbit of information? What respect is shown toward a fallen
athlete? Mike Mentzer was an athlete in a sport in which Will Brink has
never and will never achieve a fraction of the success at actually
*competing* in that sport. Has Brink ever stepped on a stage to compete
in a bodybuilding competition? If the answer is no, well, then case
closed, imo.

KING, bite your master. This case is CLOSED!

> > You're a piece of work, Brink.

And he is. Disrespectful, disingenuous, and... a dumbass - certainly in
this instance - with man boobs.

> No, KING. Back. Stay.

Save the schtick this time, Cohen, as your reasoning is in error.

> <snip>will not interfere with you trolling Will, because he is
> well known and respected within the professional bodybuilding
> community,

That's nice. It doesn't excuse Brink's behavior here, however.

> and your attempts to argue

There is no argument here either. Brink spoke ill of the dead. A dead
man, btw, whose achievements surpass anything that Will Brink has
achieved or ever will achieve in that professional bodybuilding
community you so glibly mention.

> anything in that area with him comes across as
> pathe<snip>

No, David Cohen, man of humor! Though I respect your typically
levelheaded replies as well as find great amusement in your genuinely
keen sense of merriment, you are incredibly incorrect on this count.

Brink is the one who comes across as pathetic.

Am I misinterpreting Brink's words in some manner? I don't believe so.

Brink wrote what I included above. And, though I snipped this bit, I
assume you read these words as well...

"Dorian believes in brief intense workouts vs the very high volume
pumping workouts that were more common when he came on the scene that
are now mostly out of favor now. OK, so the conversation we had took
place at 3am in a "mens club" in Vegas, but that's does not change
what he said! :-)"

Dorian believes in brief workouts. Thanks for that news flash, Will.
Anyone interested in bb'ing knows that. Still, for those who didn't, so
far so good to Will. Likewise high volume pumping workouts being in
vogue back in the day? Stop the presses, Will Brink, man of mus, wait,
*man boobs* reveals that high volume pumping workouts were incredibly
popular back in the day! Be still my heart, this great man has done so
much for this sport. Thank you, Will Brink, thank you. But, yes, yes,
yes, Cohen, Brink didn't hurt anyone by offering that info. Someone
reading might even be unfamiliar with that "news".

Here's the disingenuous part, in my eyes, was Brink interviewing Dorian
or just having a friendly conversation? Would Dorian have said Mike
Mentzer was full of **** for publication in, say, Flex or MuscleMag?
Maybe so. Yates would have been wrong then, too. But I don't think
that's the case. I think the post was Brink grandstanding at the
expense of a man unable to defend himself. The post was Brink
disrespecting a Mr. Olympia competitor and someone who was - at the
very least - as "well known and respected" in the world of bodybuilding
as Brink. There's a survey for the next issue of Flex! Have you heard
of Will Brink? Have you heard of Mike Mentzer?

Mentzer may have exaggerated, even stepped on the line of mistruth, but
he still deserves the respect of a bodybuilding legend. Brink is not
that. Brink is not /all/ that. Brink was out of line. I'm tossing KING
a treat, but giving you the raspberries.

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

Charles
July 11th 06, 09:39 AM
On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 00:17:43 GMT, "David Cohen"
> wrote:

>"Curt James" > wrote
>> Will Brink wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>>> <snip>I spoke with Dorian about that several times. He told
>>> me he went to talk with Mike and see what he could learn,
>>> did a workout, and went about his way with Mentzer claiming
>>> he trained Yates and Yates followed his HIT system, etc. which
>>> is nothing but BS.
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> Bull****, eh? Kinda like you sharing a conversation you had with Dorian
>> Yates about a man who's dead and therefore can obviously not defend
>> himself? Because that sounds like BS to me.
>>
>> You're a piece of work, Brink.
>
>No, KING. Back. Stay.
>
>TROLL DISENABLERMAN will not interfere with you trolling Will, because he is
>well known and respected within the professional bodybuilding community, and
>your attempts to argue anything in that area with him comes across as
>pathetic.
>
>TROLL DISENABLERMAN says "carry on".

I don't think the main thrust of anyone purportedly "trolling" Brink
has anything to do with his good standing (or otherwise) in the
"professional bodybuilding community".

The fact remains that Brink is an ill-educated oaf who attempts to
present himself as an intellectual, which only amplifies those
suspicions of his social inadequacy and it is thus Brink who "comes
across as pathetic".

Add to the above that he is also an unpleasant little prick who would
try the patience of a Saint, and it will be seen that "troll-like"
notwithstanding (they don't add to his credibility)!

Without wanting to be rude or unpleasant, I suggest that TROLL
DISENABLERMAN blows it out of his ample arse and lets Brink fight his
own battles. As I told Williams yesterday, if you want the "trolling"
to stop - then stop ****ing "trolling", or those of us that have taken
a step back may be encouraged to renew our efforts!

Ganging up on people is bullying plain and simple, and I will take
Curt's side against he unGodly any day!

HTH!

Curt James
July 11th 06, 03:11 PM
Robert Schuh wrote:
[...]

re Joe Weider and the following example

"If you don't believe me, go to your job and complain about something
that your boss has done. Make sure to complain very angrily in front of
your boss and all the other employees. See how fast you get
terminated."

> Stop with the ****ing Joe Weider conspiracy bull****. Joe Weider barely knows
> who is who in the contests, let alone could he "fix" them. This crap has been
> perpetuated for YEARS.

Oh, naive Robert Schuh, so eager to believe appearances. What'd
Nicholson say in that one movie? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

Mentzer? Joe Weider.
Iraq? Joe Weider.
Princess Diana? Joe Weider.
The Kennedys? Joe Weider.
Brink's height? Joe Weider.
Your kidney? Joe Weider.
My neck? Joe Weider. (Sorry, Williams, not you.)
9/11? Joe Weider.
Marilyn Monroe? Joe Weider.
Gerry Cooney knocking Ken Norton out in 54 seconds after I'd spent $30
on pay-per-view? Joe Weider.
Bill Grant's calves? Joe Weider.
Boyer Coe's abs? Joe Weider.
KING getting fleas? Joe Weider.
The guy in the passing lane doing 50 mph blocking everyone elses
progress? Joe Weider.
No bonus this year? Joe Weider.
Wife sleeping with the guy in Accounts Receivable? Joe Weider.
Leonard Part 6? Joe Weider.

Oh, yes, every item on that list may seem inexplicable, but, make no
mistake, Joe Weider's power and influence has had an almost divine hand
in each. It is not ours to wonder why! Joe knows. Joe is in control.

--
Curt <--- my real name
http://curtjames.com/ <--- an actual URL

Curt James
July 11th 06, 03:18 PM
Charles wrote:
> <snip>"David Cohen"
> > wrote:
> >"Curt James" > wrote
> >> Will Brink wrote:
> >> [...]
[...]

> >> Bull****, e<snip>
[...]

> >No, KING. Back. St<snip>
[...]

> I don't think the main thrust of anyone purportedly "trolling" Brink
> has anything to do with his good standing (or otherwise) in the
> "professional bodybuilding community".
>
> The fact remains that Brink is an ill-educated oaf who attempts to
> present himself as an intellectual, which only amplifies those
> suspicions of his social inadequacy and it is thus Brink who "comes
> across as pathetic".
>
> Add to the above that he is also an unpleasant little prick who would
> try the patience of a Saint, and it will be seen that "troll-like"
> notwithstanding (they don't add to his credibility)!
>
> Without wanting to be rude or unpleasant, I suggest that TROLL
> DISENABLERMAN blows it out of his ample arse and lets Brink fight his
> own battles. As I told Williams yesterday, if you want the "trolling"
> to stop - then stop ****ing "trolling", or those of us that have taken
> a step back may be encouraged to renew our efforts!
>
> Ganging up on people is bullying plain and simple, and I will take
> Curt's side against he unGodly any day!
>
> HTH!

I'm picturing a pro wrestling-style battle royal with TROLL
DISENABLERMAN, KING, JMW (in a pink tutu), you, and yours truly
breaking tables and banging chairs over one another's heads. Arrrre
yoooooou ready to RRRRRRRRRRUMBLLLLLLLLLLE???!!!!

--
Curt

David Cohen
July 11th 06, 03:23 PM
Charles wrote:
> "David Cohen" > wrote:
> >"Curt James" > wrote
> >> Will Brink wrote:
> >> [...]
> >> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >> Bull****, eh? Kinda like you sharing a conversation you had with Dorian
> >> Yates about a man who's dead and therefore can obviously not defend
> >> himself? Because that sounds like BS to me.
> >>
> >> You're a piece of work, Brink.
> >
> >No, KING. Back. Stay.
> >
> >TROLL DISENABLERMAN will not interfere with you trolling Will, because he is
> >well known and respected within the professional bodybuilding community, and
> >your attempts to argue anything in that area with him comes across as
> >pathetic.
> >
> >TROLL DISENABLERMAN says "carry on".
> >

> I don't think the main thrust of anyone purportedly "trolling" Brink
> has anything to do with his good standing (or otherwise) in the
> "professional bodybuilding community".

Trolling has no purpose, other than the act of trolling itself. It is
an end in itself.

> The fact remains that Brink is an ill-educated oaf who attempts to
> present himself as an intellectual, which only amplifies those
> suspicions of his social inadequacy and it is thus Brink who "comes
> across as pathetic".

TROLL DISENABLERMAN disagrees.

> Add to the above that he is also an unpleasant little prick who would
> try the patience of a Saint, and it will be seen that "troll-like"
> notwithstanding (they don't add to his credibility)!

TROLL DISENABLERMAN disagrees.

> Without wanting to be rude or unpleasant, I suggest that TROLL
> DISENABLERMAN blows it out of his ample arse and lets Brink fight his
> own battles. As I told Williams yesterday, if you want the "trolling"
> to stop - then stop ****ing "trolling", or those of us that have taken
> a step back may be encouraged to renew our efforts!

TROLL DISENABLERMAN fights for Truth, Justice, and the
Unitedstatesofamerican Way.

> Ganging up on people is bullying plain and simple, and I will take
> Curt's side against he unGodly any day!

KING bites all who gang up.

> HTH!

No. It did not.

TROLL DISENABLERMAN

Curt James
July 11th 06, 03:47 PM
Cohen, er, TROLL DISENABLERMAN wrote:
[...]

> Trolling has no purpose, other than the act of trolling itself. It is
> an end in itself.
[...]

> TROLL DISENABLERMAN fights for Truth, Justice, and the
> Unitedstatesofamerican Way.
[...]

> KING bites all who gang up.
[...]

> TROLL DISENABLERMAN

B-b-but what if TROLL DISENABLERMAN has a w-weakness?! I fear some
skillful, diabolical, perhaps super-powered troll will find that
weakness!

Proceed with caution, TROLL DISENABLERMAN!

(admires TROLL DISENABLERMAN decoder/signal watch)

(thinks...)

"Charles would probably look cool in a cape. B-b-but these images in my
mind of John Williams in a pink tutu trouble me. I wonder what Kim
Basinger could do with a 'lasso of truth'."

--
Curt

Charles
July 11th 06, 04:46 PM
On 11 Jul 2006 06:23:19 -0700, "David Cohen" >
wrote:

>Charles wrote:
>> "David Cohen" > wrote:
>> >"Curt James" > wrote

>> >No, KING. Back. Stay.
>> >
>> >TROLL DISENABLERMAN will not interfere with you trolling Will, because he is
>> >well known and respected within the professional bodybuilding community, and
>> >your attempts to argue anything in that area with him comes across as
>> >pathetic.
>> >
>> >TROLL DISENABLERMAN says "carry on".
>> >

>> I don't think the main thrust of anyone purportedly "trolling" Brink
>> has anything to do with his good standing (or otherwise) in the
>> "professional bodybuilding community".
>
>Trolling has no purpose, other than the act of trolling itself. It is
>an end in itself.

Is that why you are holding up your end for him?

>> The fact remains that Brink is an ill-educated oaf who attempts to
>> present himself as an intellectual, which only amplifies those
>> suspicions of his social inadequacy and it is thus Brink who "comes
>> across as pathetic".
>
>TROLL DISENABLERMAN disagrees.

Kindred spirits perhaps? Birds of a feather do apparently flock
together! Show us *your* tits! ;o)

>> Add to the above that he is also an unpleasant little prick who would
>> try the patience of a Saint, and it will be seen that "troll-like"
>> notwithstanding (they don't add to his credibility)!
>
>TROLL DISENABLERMAN disagrees.

Does that mean that you think that he is all sweetness and light, and
doesn't have "man boobs"? While your loyalty is commendable your
powers of observation are well ****ed!

>> Without wanting to be rude or unpleasant, I suggest that TROLL
>> DISENABLERMAN blows it out of his ample arse and lets Brink fight his
>> own battles. As I told Williams yesterday, if you want the "trolling"
>> to stop - then stop ****ing "trolling", or those of us that have taken
>> a step back may be encouraged to renew our efforts!
>
>TROLL DISENABLERMAN fights for Truth, Justice, and the
>Unitedstatesofamerican Way.

Let battle begin, for I too follow the paths of truth and
righteousness, and fight only for what is right in the eyes of the
Lord and those that seek freedom and justice for the downtrodden. Yea
verily!

Your mask, ill-fitting super-hero costume (shabby y-fronts), and
scabby dog will not prevail in the battle for the hearts and minds of
the oppressed. We have the Will to win, and he will always keep us
provided with ample ammunition.

You have an uphill battle on your hands mate!

>> Ganging up on people is bullying plain and simple, and I will take
>> Curt's side against he unGodly any day!
>
>KING bites all who gang up.

Fang you very much, but you'll need more muzzle than that!

>> HTH!
>
>No. It did not.

Well then please go and get ****ed, and wank you hairy crutch for your
civilised response!

>TROLL DISENABLERMAN

Charles
"Troll" of The First Order by Decree

Charles
July 11th 06, 04:47 PM
On 11 Jul 2006 06:18:08 -0700, "Curt James" >
wrote:

>Charles wrote:
>> <snip>"David Cohen"
>> > wrote:
>> >"Curt James" > wrote

>[...]
>[...]
>
>> >No, KING. Back. St<snip>
>[...]
>
>> I don't think the main thrust of anyone purportedly "trolling" Brink
>> has anything to do with his good standing (or otherwise) in the
>> "professional bodybuilding community".
>>
>> The fact remains that Brink is an ill-educated oaf who attempts to
>> present himself as an intellectual, which only amplifies those
>> suspicions of his social inadequacy and it is thus Brink who "comes
>> across as pathetic".
>>
>> Add to the above that he is also an unpleasant little prick who would
>> try the patience of a Saint, and it will be seen that "troll-like"
>> notwithstanding (they don't add to his credibility)!
>>
>> Without wanting to be rude or unpleasant, I suggest that TROLL
>> DISENABLERMAN blows it out of his ample arse and lets Brink fight his
>> own battles. As I told Williams yesterday, if you want the "trolling"
>> to stop - then stop ****ing "trolling", or those of us that have taken
>> a step back may be encouraged to renew our efforts!
>>
>> Ganging up on people is bullying plain and simple, and I will take
>> Curt's side against he unGodly any day!
>>
>> HTH!
>
>I'm picturing a pro wrestling-style battle royal with TROLL
>DISENABLERMAN, KING, JMW (in a pink tutu), you, and yours truly
>breaking tables and banging chairs over one another's heads. Arrrre
>yoooooou ready to RRRRRRRRRRUMBLLLLLLLLLLE???!!!!

The pen is mightier than the sword old friend...

OmManiPadmeOmelet
July 11th 06, 04:55 PM
In article . com>,
"Curt James" > wrote:

> Cohen, er, TROLL DISENABLERMAN wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Trolling has no purpose, other than the act of trolling itself. It is
> > an end in itself.
> [...]
>
> > TROLL DISENABLERMAN fights for Truth, Justice, and the
> > Unitedstatesofamerican Way.
> [...]
>
> > KING bites all who gang up.
> [...]
>
> > TROLL DISENABLERMAN
>
> B-b-but what if TROLL DISENABLERMAN has a w-weakness?! I fear some
> skillful, diabolical, perhaps super-powered troll will find that
> weakness!
>
> Proceed with caution, TROLL DISENABLERMAN!
>
> (admires TROLL DISENABLERMAN decoder/signal watch)
>
> (thinks...)
>
> "Charles would probably look cool in a cape. B-b-but these images in my
> mind of John Williams in a pink tutu trouble me. I wonder what Kim
> Basinger could do with a 'lasso of truth'."

She's a blond...
What do you think?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Curt James
July 12th 06, 12:38 PM
Robert Schuh wrote:
[...]

re some idiot's quote

> > People in glass houses should not throw stones, and a black man
> > who is passing for white should not be calling anyone a coward.
>
> When are you going to address the issues?

Without uttering the t word, here, imo, is the difference between those
who "help" MFW and those who do "not help" MFW: Dialogue.

Robert Schuh, the person you're addressing is not seeking a dialogue.
He/She/It is not looking forward to a conversation between two or more
persons. They are not anticipating a lengthy thread of interesting
thoughts, jokes, gibes, or even vindictive insults to debate or pursue
to a constructive end.

Semantics, I know, but Rob, do not feed... those not seeking a
dialogue.

Hmm. Perhaps an acronym will work! Those Really Obviously...

Will have to work on that later.

> Pussy.

That's rather unfair to pussy, imo.

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

mike miles
March 4th 08, 05:22 PM
Vachon wrote:

"Pete" And yes, i believe Arnold went to the cremation.

Very funny, Pete. (But probably something Arnold would get a kick out
of from the perspective of "How many people have done THIS?". Still,
with his father's ties... also probably not something Arnold would
publicize as one of his hobbies.)

It reminds me of the Sam Kinison routine about Sex with the Dead.

http://www.samkinison.org/

One of the true kings of comedy.

--
Curt

Neither of the Mentzer brothers were gay, as if it matters. Mike was married to Cathy Gelfo, who may have ended up marrying Clint Beyerle. Ray lived Down Under for many years, and I do not know if he was married. They were Objectivists, and many Objectivists do not have kids. However, Ayn Rand was also against gays, so I think they would have hid being gay if they were.
I think it is stupid to accuse MM of bewing gay just because he had no kids. Any moron knows that Ayn Randroids don't have kids, alhough Mike was very good to children of friends.
In the late 70s, Mike actually wrote an article criticizing older men who haunt shows and try to seduce naive young BBs. So I hardly think he was gay. If you knew your subject you would know about this article, bigoted ignoramus.