PDA

View Full Version : Re: Paging David Cohen

David Cohen
June 29th 06, 04:07 AM
Joe Humble wrote:
> David, since you seem to be really into the supplement thing I have a
> question.
>
> Have you come across legit situations, in healthy persons, where
> coadministration of one vitamin or mineral blocks the absorption of
> another vitamin or mineral?

Have I "personally" encountered such a situation? No. I'm not sure why
I would.

Is it possible to take supplements that have antagonistic effects with
other supplements? Sure.

> Your kind assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

I am, as always, pleased to help.

Is there a specific example that you are interested in?

> Warmest regards,

Oh, yes, indeed.

> Joe

Juan Carlos

> Is this thing on?

Yes.

David Cohen
June 29th 06, 06:16 AM
DZ wrote:
> David Cohen > wrote:
> > Joe Humble wrote:
> >> Your kind assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > I am, as always, pleased to help.
> > Is there a specific example that you are interested in?
>
> Yes, increased zinc will cause copper deficiency.
>
> With warmest regards.
>
> Your psychic,
> DZ

Are you psychically (is that spelled right?) determining that
Mike...uh, i mean, Joe...is supplementing zinc because of a
testosterone level problem? Are you saying he's androgenically
challenged?

David

JMW
June 29th 06, 06:22 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote:
>DZ wrote:
>> David Cohen > wrote:
>> >
>> > I am, as always, pleased to help.
>> > Is there a specific example that you are interested in?
>>
>> Yes, increased zinc will cause copper deficiency.
>>
>> With warmest regards.
>>
>> Your psychic,
>> DZ
>
>Are you psychically (is that spelled right?) determining that
>Mike...uh, i mean, Joe...is supplementing zinc because of a
>testosterone level problem? Are you saying he's androgenically
>challenged?

I heard that too much testosterone makes him think he's gay.

OmManiPadmeOmelet
June 29th 06, 02:11 PM
In article >,
DZ > wrote:

> David Cohen > wrote:
> > Joe Humble wrote:
> >> Your kind assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > I am, as always, pleased to help.
> > Is there a specific example that you are interested in?
>
> Yes, increased zinc will cause copper deficiency.
>
> With warmest regards.
>
> Your psychic,
> DZ

Is the reverse true?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Hobbes
June 29th 06, 03:25 PM
In article . com>,
"David Cohen" > wrote:

> Joe Humble wrote:
> > David, since you seem to be really into the supplement thing I have a
> > question.
> >
> > Have you come across legit situations, in healthy persons, where
> > coadministration of one vitamin or mineral blocks the absorption of
> > another vitamin or mineral?
>
> Have I "personally" encountered such a situation? No. I'm not sure why
> I would.
>
> Is it possible to take supplements that have antagonistic effects with
> other supplements? Sure.
>
> > Your kind assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.
>
> I am, as always, pleased to help.

David - what exactly do you do for supplementation? I'd like to
fine-tune my supplementation. But I hate taking useless stuff. Right now
I'm mostly creatine, whey and glutamine after a workout.

--
Keith

David Cohen
June 30th 06, 12:41 AM
"Hobbes" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote:
>> Joe Humble wrote:
>> > David, since you seem to be really into the supplement thing I have a
>> > question.
>> >
>> > Have you come across legit situations, in healthy persons, where
>> > coadministration of one vitamin or mineral blocks the absorption of
>> > another vitamin or mineral?
>>
>> Have I "personally" encountered such a situation? No. I'm not sure why
>> I would.
>>
>> Is it possible to take supplements that have antagonistic effects with
>> other supplements? Sure.
>>
>> > Your kind assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.
>>
>> I am, as always, pleased to help.
>
> David - what exactly do you do for supplementation? I'd like to
> fine-tune my supplementation. But I hate taking useless stuff. Right now
> I'm mostly creatine, whey and glutamine after a workout.

Oh, jeez, this may take a few minutes. Good thing I like you. Hold on while
I go get my bucket 'o stuff:

Life Extension Mix (a massive 9 tablet a day multinutrient, see www.lef.org
for ingredient list)
flax seed oil
fish oil
borage oil
creatine
whey
5 different fiber supplements (flax, psyllium, cellulose, polycarbophil,
inulin)
berry mix
greens powder
sublingual B6 B12 folic acid
melatonin
saw palmetto and pygeum extracts
glucosamine
chondroitin
MSM
inositol hexanicotinate
CoQ 10
calcium
acidophilus
DMAE
aspirin, low dose
DHEA
garlic
TMG
alpha lipoic acid

The dog gets:
live culture yogurt
Life Extension's Dog Mix
Missing Link powder
Pet Tab
flax seed oil

The daughter gets (when I can force her, freakin' teenagers!):
Life Extension's Two-A-Day Multi
calcium

If you want specific dosage info about any specific ones, just ask.

David

Curt James
June 30th 06, 01:31 AM
JMWhat-would-Schuh-think? > wrote:
[...]

>I heard that too much testosterone makes him think he's gay.

And? Care to expand on that thought?

I assume not.

--
Curt

Curt James
June 30th 06, 01:41 AM
Cohen > wrote:

re supplements taken

[...]

>Life Extension Mix (a massive 9 tablet a day multinutrient, see www.lef.org
>for ingredient list)
>flax seed oil
>fish oil
>borage oil
>creatine
>whey
>5 different fiber supplements (flax, psyllium, cellulose, polycarbophil,
>inulin)
>berry mix
>greens powder
>sublingual B6 B12 folic acid
>melatonin
>saw palmetto and pygeum extracts
>glucosamine
>chondroitin
>MSM
>inositol hexanicotinate
>CoQ 10
>calcium
>acidophilus
>DMAE
>aspirin, low dose
>DHEA
>garlic
>TMG
>alpha lipoic acid

Body Fortress whey (regularly)
Body Fortress creatine (the drink mix, occasionally)
Body Fortress glutamine (teaspoon an hour before workouts)
C 500mg
Schiff's Prostate Health (a.m. and p.m.)
Co Q-10 100mg
Acetyl L-Carnitine plus Alpha Lipoic Acid 200mg
Selenium 200mcg
Melatonin 300mcg
Folic Acid 400mcg
L-Arginine 500mg
Osteo Bi-Flex 2 caplets daily
One A Day Men's Health Formula
B Complex
Vitamin D 800iu
DHEA 50mg
Omega-3 Fish Oil 1200mg
Papaya Enzyme chewables

--
Curt

ranieri
June 30th 06, 04:37 AM
"Curt James" > wrote in message
> Cohen > wrote:
>
> re supplements taken
>
> [...]
>
>>Life Extension Mix (a massive 9 tablet a day multinutrient, see
>>www.lef.org
>>for ingredient list)
>>flax seed oil
>>fish oil
>>borage oil
>>creatine
>>whey
>>5 different fiber supplements (flax, psyllium, cellulose, polycarbophil,
>>inulin)
>>berry mix
>>greens powder
>>sublingual B6 B12 folic acid
>>melatonin
>>saw palmetto and pygeum extracts
>>glucosamine
>>chondroitin
>>MSM
>>inositol hexanicotinate
>>CoQ 10
>>calcium
>>acidophilus
>>DMAE
>>aspirin, low dose
>>DHEA
>>garlic
>>TMG
>>alpha lipoic acid
>
> Body Fortress whey (regularly)
> Body Fortress creatine (the drink mix, occasionally)
> Body Fortress glutamine (teaspoon an hour before workouts)
> C 500mg
> Schiff's Prostate Health (a.m. and p.m.)
> Co Q-10 100mg
> Acetyl L-Carnitine plus Alpha Lipoic Acid 200mg
> Selenium 200mcg
> Melatonin 300mcg
> Folic Acid 400mcg
> L-Arginine 500mg
> Osteo Bi-Flex 2 caplets daily
> One A Day Men's Health Formula
> B Complex
> Vitamin D 800iu
> DHEA 50mg
> Omega-3 Fish Oil 1200mg
> Papaya Enzyme chewables

Wow.

Eggs, milk, Italian beef, bananas, tuna, crusty bakery bread and Red Tail
Ale.

Curt James
June 30th 06, 06:05 AM
ranieri <not now> wrote:
I scribbled:
>> Cohen > wrote:
>>
>> re supplements taken
>> [...]
>>
>>>Life Extension Mix (a massive 9 tablet a day multinutrient, see
>>>www.lef.org
>>>for ingredient list)
>>>flax seed oil
>>>fish oil
>>>borage oil
>>>creatine
>>>whey
>>>5 different fiber supplements (flax, psyllium, cellulose, polycarbophil,
>>>inulin)
>>>berry mix
>>>greens powder
>>>sublingual B6 B12 folic acid
>>>melatonin
>>>saw palmetto and pygeum extracts
>>>glucosamine
>>>chondroitin
>>>MSM
>>>inositol hexanicotinate
>>>CoQ 10
>>>calcium
>>>acidophilus
>>>DMAE
>>>aspirin, low dose
>>>DHEA
>>>garlic
>>>TMG
>>>alpha lipoic acid
>>
>> Body Fortress whey (regularly)
>> Body Fortress creatine (the drink mix, occasionally)
>> Body Fortress glutamine (teaspoon an hour before workouts)
>> C 500mg
>> Schiff's Prostate Health (a.m. and p.m.)
>> Co Q-10 100mg
>> Acetyl L-Carnitine plus Alpha Lipoic Acid 200mg
>> Selenium 200mcg
>> Melatonin 300mcg
>> Folic Acid 400mcg
>> L-Arginine 500mg
>> Osteo Bi-Flex 2 caplets daily
>> One A Day Men's Health Formula
>> B Complex
>> Vitamin D 800iu
>> DHEA 50mg
>> Omega-3 Fish Oil 1200mg
>> Papaya Enzyme chewables
>>

>Wow.
>
>Eggs, milk, Italian beef, bananas, tuna, crusty bakery bread
>and Red Tail Ale.

Egg whites, fat-free milk, steak, bananas, Giant brand chunky light
tuna in water, bagels, but no beer.

Breakfast was instant oatmeal and fat-free milk.

Dinner was a steak, mash with gravy, peas, and applesauce with
cinnamon.

I know, however, I'm not eating frequently enough and...

(looks at clock)

I am NOT getting enough rest.

More supplement trivia: Just bought a bottle of Rexall's vitamin E
400iu - 100 softgels for $3.94US at Walmart.

Holy crap. Looking through my wallet (receipts), I noticed that a
glass of milk at Barnes and Noble cost $2.55! That's more than the
carrot cake's cost of $2.25. Heck, is that more than an entire gallon
of fat-free milk?

Ahem. Anyway, that bookstore had a copy of Bill Dobbins' book, Modern
Amazons. Sexaaaay! They also had MuscleMag's encyclopedia, too.

heh

I just love MMI. Great photography and typically good humor in their
writing. There's actually a bit on something like "becoming one of the
guys" at the gym. Ha!

Some recommendations, iirc, were to say hello or open conversations,
offer to spot (but only if you know how) and wear goofy t-shirts to
get people laughing. I love to laugh and so was on top of that last
bit of commentary prior to reading it. Recently bought a seven-dollar
t-shirt at Walmart - "Welcome to the Gun Show!" with an image of a
stick figure doing a double biceps showing off its huge "guns".
Definitely got some laughs with that one. Tonight was a sleeveless
Superman t-shirt. (SEE THE MOVIE! i mean, you know, btw.)

Don't be a stuffed shirt. Wait, that's the goal of bodybuilding...?
Never mind. Prepare to laugh: http://www.bustedtees.com/

Oh, yeah, I nixed both Dobbins and MMI and purchased James Rollins'
new novel - Black Order.

--
Curt

David Cohen
June 30th 06, 10:39 AM
David Cohen wrote:
> "Hobbes" > wrote

> > David - what exactly do you do for supplementation? I'd like to
> > fine-tune my supplementation. But I hate taking useless stuff. Right now
> > I'm mostly creatine, whey and glutamine after a workout.
>
> Oh, jeez, this may take a few minutes. Good thing I like you. Hold on while
> I go get my bucket 'o stuff:
>
> Life Extension Mix (a massive 9 tablet a day multinutrient, see www.lef.org
> for ingredient list)

For those too lazy to look it up:

Vitamin A (as 20% Betatene® D. salina natural

5000 IU

beta-carotene with mixed carotenoids1 and 80% acetate)

Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid, calcium ascorbate,
2000 mg

ascorbyl palmitate, magnesium ascorbate,

niacinamide ascorbate, and acerola juice powder)

Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)
800 IU

Vitamin E (as D-alpha tocopheryl succinate)
400 IU

Thiamine (vitamin B1) (as thiamine HCl)
125 mg

Riboflavin (vitamin B2) (with 2 mg riboflavin 5'
50 mg

phosphate coenzyme)

Niacin (vitamin B3) (as 53% niacinamide, 38% niacin,
190 mg

9% niacinamide ascorbate)

Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCI with 2.5 mg pyridoxal 5'
100 mg

phosphate coenzyme)

Folic acid
800 mcg

Vitamin B12 (as 42% cyanocobalamin, 42%
600 mcg

hydroxylcobalamin, 16% ion exchange resin)

Biotin
3000 mcg

Pantothenic acid (as D-calcium pantothenate with
600 mg

5 mg pantethine)

Calcium (as calcium ascorbate, D-calcium
218 mg

pantothenate, Calcium D-Glucarate2)

Iodine (as potassium iodide)
75 mcg

Magnesium (as magnesium oxide, citrate, glycinate,
325 mg

taurinate, arginate, ascorbate)

Zinc [as methionate (OptiZinc®3), zinc succinate]
35 mg

Selenium (as 50% se-methylselenocysteine, 25%

200 mcg

L-selenomethionine (yeast free) (SelenoPure™4),

and 25% sodium selenate)

Copper (as copper bisglycinate chelate)
1 mg

Manganese (as manganese gluconate)
1 mg

Chromium (as ChromeMate®5 chromium
500 mcg

polynicotinate)

Molybdenum (as sodium molybdate)
125 mcg

Potassium (as potassium chloride)
37.4 mg

N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC)
600 mg

Taurine
500 mg

Choline (as choline bitartrate)
120 mg

Inositol
250 mg

Phosphatidylcholine (from soy)
150 mg

Bromelain (from pineapple)
15 mg

(2400 gelatin digestive units per gram)

para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA)
200 mg

Trimethylglycine (TMG) (as betaine anhydrous)
100 mg

(from sugar beets)

VitaBlue®9 Wild Blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium)
150 mg

130:1 Extract (fruit) [standardized to 14% Total

Phenolics (21 mg), 4.9% Total Anthocyanins

(7.35 mg), 660 ppm Pterostilbene (0.1 mg)]

Bilberry extract (Vaccinium myrtillus) (berry)
30 mg

[standardized for 25% anthocyanidins (7.5 mg)]

Citrus bioflavonoid complex
1300 mg

[50% total bioflavonoids (650 mg)]

Typical profile: (to equal 50% total bioflavonoids)

Flavanone (Hesperidin) 35% (455 mg)

Flavonones (Naringin, Naringenin 7-B-Rutinoside and

others) 14% (182 mg)

Flavonols, Flavones and related phenolic compounds

1% (13 mg)

Ascorbyl palmitate (fat soluble vitamin C)
250 mg

Ginger root extract (Zingiber officinale) (root)
200 mg

[standardized for 5% gingerols (10 mg)]

Leucoselect®6 grapeseed extract (Vitis vinifera)
25 mg

(seeds) [standardized for 95% proanthocyanidins (23.75 mg)]

BioVin®7 full spectrum grape extract (Vitis vinifera L.)
25 mg

(whole grapes) [standardized to 95%

proanthocyanidins (23.75 mg), 75% total

polyphenols as gallic acid monohydrate (18.75 mg),

200 ppm trans-resveratrol]

Milk thistle extract (Silybum marianus) (seeds)
100 mg

[standardized for 85% silymarin (85 mg)]

Dilaurylthiodipropionate
25 mg

Thiodiproprionic acid
25 mg

Acerola juice powder extract 1:4
300 mg

(Malpighia punicifolia L.) (fruit)

Alpha-carotene
100 IU

Broccoli concentrate complex
525 mg

(A proprietary blend of broccoli sprout concentrates

and Calcium D-Glucarate2) (providing 1.5 mg

sulforaphane and 5 mg glucosinolates)

Calcium D-Glucarate2
200 mg

Boron (as boron citrate/aspartate/glycinate complex)
3 mg

Lutein (purified concentrate from marigold flowers)
15 mg

(Tagetes erecta) (providing 465 mcg zeaxanthin)

Lycopene (from natural tomato extract)
3 mg

(Lyc-O-Mato®8)

Luteolin [from Perilla leaf extract (Perilla frutescens)]
8 mg

Raspberry leaf (Rubus idaeus) and pomegranate fruit
156.5 mg

(Punica granatum L.) extract

[standardized for 32% ellagic acid (50 mg)]

Green tea (Camellia var. sinensis) decaffeinated
325 mg

extract, powdered (leaf)

[standardized to 93% polyphenols (302.25 mg),

34% Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) (110.5 mg)]

Olive juice extract (fresh fruit) [standardized to 10%
12.5 mg

polyphenols (1.25 mg), 7% hydroxytyrosol (0.88 mg)]

HiActives 100% fruit/berry complex
200 mg

(A proprietary blend of concentrated blackberry,

blueberry, cranberry, elderberry, persimmon,

plum, and cherry powders)

Sesame seed (Sesamum indicum) lignan extract
10 mg

[standardized for 60% sesamin (6 mg)]

> flax seed oil
> fish oil
> borage oil
> creatine
> whey
> 5 different fiber supplements (flax, psyllium, cellulose, polycarbophil,
> inulin)
> berry mix
> greens powder
> sublingual B6 B12 folic acid
> melatonin
> saw palmetto and pygeum extracts
> glucosamine
> chondroitin
> MSM
> inositol hexanicotinate
> CoQ 10
> calcium
> acidophilus
> DMAE
> aspirin, low dose
> DHEA
> garlic
> TMG
> alpha lipoic acid
>
> The dog gets:
> live culture yogurt
> Life Extension's Dog Mix
> Missing Link powder
> Pet Tab
> flax seed oil
>
> The daughter gets (when I can force her, freakin' teenagers!):
> Life Extension's Two-A-Day Multi
> calcium
>
> If you want specific dosage info about any specific ones, just ask.
>
> David

Curt James
June 30th 06, 02:14 PM
Cohen > replied to his own post???

Sweet.

>David Cohen wrote:

re www.lef.org

[...]

>For those too lazy to look it up:
>
>Vitamin A (as 20% Betatene® D. sali<snip>

>> If you want specific dosage info about any specific ones,
>> just ask.
^^^^^^^^^
>> David

I assume Cohen got an email from someone.

"Dear David, listen, I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'd like specific
dosage info about, uh, specific ones. Could you, like, post that info
to the newsgroup? Thanks. Sincerely yours, Mr. Toolazytolookitup"

Seriously, re people who take a number of supplements, I'd be curious
about how much is actually absorbed versus how much just adds to the,
uh, value of what eventually winds up in the toilet bowl.

I ate a vegetarian diet for a year and a half. I didn't "feel" any
different.

I take a... few supplements. I don't "feel" any different.

But with the weights, I can note actual progress in increased weight
lifted and reps completed as well as what my scale and mirror has to
offer.

Not to say that a specific diet and supplementation is unnecessary, of
course.

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

OmManiPadmeOmelet
June 30th 06, 02:31 PM
In article >,
Curt James > wrote:

> Cohen > wrote:
>
> re supplements taken
>
> [...]
>
> >Life Extension Mix (a massive 9 tablet a day multinutrient, see www.lef.org
> >for ingredient list)
> >flax seed oil
> >fish oil
> >borage oil
> >creatine
> >whey
> >5 different fiber supplements (flax, psyllium, cellulose, polycarbophil,
> >inulin)
> >berry mix
> >greens powder
> >sublingual B6 B12 folic acid
> >melatonin
> >saw palmetto and pygeum extracts
> >glucosamine
> >chondroitin
> >MSM
> >inositol hexanicotinate
> >CoQ 10
> >calcium
> >acidophilus
> >DMAE
> >aspirin, low dose
> >DHEA
> >garlic
> >TMG
> >alpha lipoic acid
>
> Body Fortress whey (regularly)
> Body Fortress creatine (the drink mix, occasionally)
> Body Fortress glutamine (teaspoon an hour before workouts)
> C 500mg
> Schiff's Prostate Health (a.m. and p.m.)
> Co Q-10 100mg
> Acetyl L-Carnitine plus Alpha Lipoic Acid 200mg
> Selenium 200mcg
> Melatonin 300mcg
> Folic Acid 400mcg
> L-Arginine 500mg
> Osteo Bi-Flex 2 caplets daily
> One A Day Men's Health Formula
> B Complex
> Vitamin D 800iu
> DHEA 50mg
> Omega-3 Fish Oil 1200mg
> Papaya Enzyme chewables

Wow. Well here's what's in my supplement basket:

Melatonin, 2.5 mg. sub-lingual (before retirning only)
Green Tea extract 500 mg.
"Now" brand full spectrum minerals
DHEA 100 mg
Metformin 500 mg. x 4 per day
Flax Seed Oil 1,200 mg
Solgar VM-75 multivitamin
Natures Plus trace minerals (reads like the periodic table!)
Thyrolar, 2 grains per day
Twinlab Magnesium caps, 400 mg. x 4 per day
Niacinamide (B-3) 250 mg.
Ascorbic acid with Bioflavenoids, 1,000 mg. /100 mg.
Vitamin E with Selenium, 400 IU/100 mcg with 1,600 mg. Lecithin
Cinnamon, 500 mg.
Vitamin A&D 25,000/1,000 IU
Sea Kelp 640 mg.
Generic Adderall 10mg x 2 per day
Torosemide (PRN)
Zantac (PRN)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

JMW
July 1st 06, 05:23 PM
Joe Humble > wrote:

>Not too long into this regimen a tenderness began to form around my
>nipples. Now, I suppose this could be a good sign or a bad sign. I',
>assuming the zinc may have increased testosterone levels and this is a
>temporary adjustment as my body gets used to the new hormonal milieu.

Newest headline from the Weekly World News:

BAT BOY SAYS, "ZINC PILLS MADE ME GAY!"

Curt James
July 1st 06, 05:49 PM
Joe Humble > wrote:
><snip>Curt James > wrote:
[...]

>>I take a... few supplements. I don't "feel" any different.
>>
>>But with the weights, I can note actual progress in increased weight
>>lifted and reps completed as well as what my scale and mirror has to
>>offer.
>>
>>Not to say that a specific diet and supplementation is unnecessary, of
>>course.
>>

>Well, I think one reason creatine is so "prized" is that you see and
>feel a difference (and quickly). The rest of supplementation (in
>otherwise healthy people) is VERY hard to measure benefit because
>even if it is making a difference it will be subtle. I suppose one
>could construct studies to test baseline healthy people and try each
>and every supplement in double-blind trials but, OK who the F is going
>to fund all that?

The money's being spent, but, unfortunately, not on double-blind
supplement trials. Instead it's going to build prisons, interdiction
of thisthat'ntheother and, of course, on Homeland Insecurity (cough).

>You saw David's list, there must be over 60 individual items in there
>all totaled.

Expensive poop. Uh, figuratively and, I suspect - but am NOT curious
about his feces specifically - literally.

>I DO think it is a shame that Balco's vitamin/mineral testing services
>did not catch on. It probably is NOT a bad idea to be tested on a
>regular basis for an deficiency in a very broad spectrum of
>vitamins/minerals. When Balco ran the test on me it all came back
>normal but that was quite some time ago.

Interesting.

Since it was some time ago, I assume Jeff Novitsky hasn't been digging
through YOUR trash?

"At this point we don't know as much as we want to know about the
situation, but we can glean quite a bit from the Application and
Affidavit for Search Warrant that FBI Special Agent Jeff Novitsky
submitted in order to procure a search warrant for Jason Grimsley's
residence, a search that took place this week." From:
http://www.thebaseballreport.com/news.asp?ItemID=336&rcid=111&pcid=78&cid=111

While I'm here, you say Pete is not Pete? Have you asked Pete? I
wasn't here when Pete posted previously so I can't compare, but Pete
has stated, iirc, that he's THAT Pete. Heck, even JMW has agreed (and
don't we all recognize the importance of that endorsement?).

And how about JMW's claim that you are Mike Lane? Do you ever wonder
why Williams does that? And, yes, I am attempting to solicit some
negative comment on his behavior because, hey, I think he's a colossal
jerk. Ymmv.

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

OmManiPadmeOmelet
July 1st 06, 08:45 PM
In article >,
Joe Humble > wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 04:10:23 +0000 (UTC), DZ
> > wrote:
>
> >David Cohen > wrote:
> >>
> >> I am, as always, pleased to help.
> >> Is there a specific example that you are interested in?
> >
> >Yes, increased zinc will cause copper deficiency.
> >
> >With warmest regards.
> >
> >Your psychic,
> >DZ
>
> And why would be the symptoms of a copper deficiency? I have
> increased my zinc intake to about 60mg a day and noted interesting
> side effects.
>
> --
> Is this thing on?

What side effects are you noticing?

According to Mindel, copper deficiency can contribute to Sciatica.

Balanced trace mineral supplements do more for my sciatica issues than
anything else ever has. That and using a body pillow to keep my back
straight at night. ;-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet
July 1st 06, 08:46 PM
In article >,
Joe Humble > wrote:

> On 28 Jun 2006 20:07:08 -0700, "David Cohen" >
> wrote:
>

> >Joe Humble wrote:
> >> David, since you seem to be really into the supplement thing I have a
> >> question.
> >>
> >> Have you come across legit situations, in healthy persons, where
> >> coadministration of one vitamin or mineral blocks the absorption of
> >> another vitamin or mineral?
> >
> >Have I "personally" encountered such a situation? No. I'm not sure why
> >I would.
> >
> >Is it possible to take supplements that have antagonistic effects with
> >other supplements? Sure.
> >

> That, dear sir, is the essence of the question.
>
> >> Your kind assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.
> >
> >I am, as always, pleased to help.
> >
> >Is there a specific example that you are interested in?
> >

> Well, I take a multi (one of those rock hard broad spectrum el-cheapos
> from CVS) in the AM, with that a I take 500mg ester-C (includes 60mg
> calcium ascorbate and some other crap) and 400IU calcium citrate.
>
> In the evening I take 44mg zinc picolinate (with 20mg calcium
> phosphate), 400 mg mag citrate and one generic b-complex-50.
>
> Not too long into this regimen a tenderness began to form around my
> nipples. Now, I suppose this could be a good sign or a bad sign. I',
> assuming the zinc may have increased testosterone levels and this is a
> temporary adjustment as my body gets used to the new hormonal milieu.
>
> This is almost like playing "am I diversified" on Jim Cramer's Mad
> Money. Anyway, how am I doing in your opinion.
>
> Again, your assistance, and that of others, is most welcome.
>
> --
> Is this thing on?

What other supplements are you taking?
Is this the only change you have made?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Mike
July 1st 06, 09:42 PM
"JMW" > wrote in message
> Joe Humble > wrote:
>>
>>Not too long into this regimen a tenderness began to form around my
>>nipples. Now, I suppose this could be a good sign or a bad sign. I',
>>assuming the zinc may have increased testosterone levels and this is a
>>temporary adjustment as my body gets used to the new hormonal milieu.
>
> Newest headline from the Weekly World News:
>
> BAT BOY SAYS, "ZINC PILLS MADE ME GAY!"

Case of "too much lead or zinc in his pencil" ?

JMW
July 1st 06, 10:20 PM
Joe Humble > wrote:
> Curt James > wrote:
>>Joe Humble > wrote:
>>>
>>>I DO think it is a shame that Balco's vitamin/mineral testing services
>>>did not catch on. It probably is NOT a bad idea to be tested on a
>>>regular basis for an deficiency in a very broad spectrum of
>>>vitamins/minerals. When Balco ran the test on me it all came back
>>>normal but that was quite some time ago.
>>
>>[snip]
>>
>>While I'm here, you say Pete is not Pete? Have you asked Pete? I
>>wasn't here when Pete posted previously so I can't compare, but Pete
>>has stated, iirc, that he's THAT Pete. Heck, even JMW has agreed (and
>>don't we all recognize the importance of that endorsement?).
>>
>>And how about JMW's claim that you are Mike Lane? Do you ever wonder
>>why Williams does that? And, yes, I am attempting to solicit some
>>negative comment on his behavior because, hey, I think he's a colossal
>>jerk. Ymmv.
>
>At first I didn't really care but now every post I make he follows up
>with some rant about Mike Lane.

When assuming a new persona, it's a good idea to remember what you've
written in the past:

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/0d81717f16c23620

And if I said that the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist, Curt would become an
instant believer.

JMW
July 1st 06, 11:00 PM
Joe Humble > wrote:

>On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 17:20:31 -0400, JMW
> wrote:
>
>>Joe Humble > wrote:

>>>At first I didn't really care but now every post I make he follows up
>>>with some rant about Mike Lane.
>>
>>When assuming a new persona, it's a good idea to remember what you've
>>written in the past:
>>
>>http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/0d81717f16c23620
>>
>>And if I said that the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist, Curt would become an
>>instant believer.
>
>Lots of people were tested through BALCO. Is this your "proof
>positive"?

There is no proof positive of anything. In a Zen Buddhist sense,
nobody "knows" anything, and the ideal is "not knowing" -- simply
experiencing without labeling or judgment.

But there's plenty of other stuff which points in the right direction,
Mikey.

OmManiPadmeOmelet
July 1st 06, 11:25 PM
In article >,
DZ > wrote:

> JMW > wrote:
> > Joe Humble > wrote:

> >>At first I didn't really care but now every post I make he follows up
> >>with some rant about Mike Lane.
> >
> > When assuming a new persona, it's a good idea to remember what you've
> > written in the past:
> >
> > http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/0d81717f16c23620
> >
> > And if I said that the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist, Curt would become an
> > instant believer.
>
> Not that I'm playing along or anything, but one of the symptoms of low
> magnesium is sore nipples.

And an increased heart rate......
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet
July 1st 06, 11:25 PM
In article >,
JMW > wrote:

> Joe Humble > wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 17:20:31 -0400, JMW
> > wrote:

> >>When assuming a new persona, it's a good idea to remember what you've
> >>written in the past:
> >>
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/0d81717f16c23620
> >>
> >>And if I said that the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist, Curt would become an
> >>instant believer.
> >
> >Lots of people were tested through BALCO. Is this your "proof
> >positive"?
>
> There is no proof positive of anything. In a Zen Buddhist sense,
> nobody "knows" anything, and the ideal is "not knowing" -- simply
> experiencing without labeling or judgment.
>
> But there's plenty of other stuff which points in the right direction,
> Mikey.

There is no spoon........ ;-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

John Hanson
July 2nd 06, 02:48 AM
On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 23:41:31 GMT, "David Cohen"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>"Hobbes" > wrote

>>> Have I "personally" encountered such a situation? No. I'm not sure why
>>> I would.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to take supplements that have antagonistic effects with
>>> other supplements? Sure.

>>> I am, as always, pleased to help.
>>
>> David - what exactly do you do for supplementation? I'd like to
>> fine-tune my supplementation. But I hate taking useless stuff. Right now
>> I'm mostly creatine, whey and glutamine after a workout.
>
>Oh, jeez, this may take a few minutes. Good thing I like you. Hold on while
>I go get my bucket 'o stuff:
>
>Life Extension Mix (a massive 9 tablet a day multinutrient, see www.lef.org
>for ingredient list)
>flax seed oil
>fish oil
>borage oil
>creatine
>whey
>5 different fiber supplements (flax, psyllium, cellulose, polycarbophil,
>inulin)
>berry mix
>greens powder
>sublingual B6 B12 folic acid
>melatonin
>saw palmetto and pygeum extracts
>glucosamine
>chondroitin
>MSM
>inositol hexanicotinate
>CoQ 10
>calcium
>acidophilus
>DMAE
>aspirin, low dose
>DHEA
>garlic
>TMG
>alpha lipoic acid
>
>The dog gets:
>live culture yogurt
>Life Extension's Dog Mix
>Missing Link powder
>Pet Tab
>flax seed oil
>
>The daughter gets (when I can force her, freakin' teenagers!):
>Life Extension's Two-A-Day Multi
>calcium
>
>If you want specific dosage info about any specific ones, just ask.

Why no beer or brandy? I won't need any dosage info for those as I
just go by "feel".

David Cohen
July 2nd 06, 08:07 AM
"John Hanson" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote

>>> David - what exactly do you do for supplementation? I'd like to
>>> fine-tune my supplementation. But I hate taking useless stuff. Right now
>>> I'm mostly creatine, whey and glutamine after a workout.
>>
>>Oh, jeez, this may take a few minutes. Good thing I like you. Hold on
>>while
>>I go get my bucket 'o stuff:
>>
>>Life Extension Mix (a massive 9 tablet a day multinutrient, see
>>www.lef.org
>>for ingredient list)
>>flax seed oil
>>fish oil
>>borage oil
>>creatine
>>whey
>>5 different fiber supplements (flax, psyllium, cellulose, polycarbophil,
>>inulin)
>>berry mix
>>greens powder
>>sublingual B6 B12 folic acid
>>melatonin
>>saw palmetto and pygeum extracts
>>glucosamine
>>chondroitin
>>MSM
>>inositol hexanicotinate
>>CoQ 10
>>calcium
>>acidophilus
>>DMAE
>>aspirin, low dose
>>DHEA
>>garlic
>>TMG
>>alpha lipoic acid
>>
>>The dog gets:
>>live culture yogurt
>>Life Extension's Dog Mix
>>Missing Link powder
>>Pet Tab
>>flax seed oil
>>
>>The daughter gets (when I can force her, freakin' teenagers!):
>>Life Extension's Two-A-Day Multi
>>calcium
>>
>>If you want specific dosage info about any specific ones, just ask.
>>
> Why no beer or brandy? I won't need any dosage info for those as I
> just go by "feel".

He asked about "supplementation", not major food groups.

David

rev
July 2nd 06, 12:22 PM
David Cohen wrote:
> "John Hanson" > wrote
>> "David Cohen" > wrote
>>> "Hobbes" > wrote

>>> Oh, jeez, this may take a few minutes. Good thing I like you. Hold on
>>> while
>>> I go get my bucket 'o stuff:
>>>
>>> Life Extension Mix (a massive 9 tablet a day multinutrient, see
>>> www.lef.org
>>> for ingredient list)
>>> flax seed oil
>>> fish oil
>>> borage oil
>>> creatine
>>> whey
>>> 5 different fiber supplements (flax, psyllium, cellulose, polycarbophil,
>>> inulin)
>>> berry mix
>>> greens powder
>>> sublingual B6 B12 folic acid
>>> melatonin
>>> saw palmetto and pygeum extracts
>>> glucosamine
>>> chondroitin
>>> MSM
>>> inositol hexanicotinate
>>> CoQ 10
>>> calcium
>>> acidophilus
>>> DMAE
>>> aspirin, low dose
>>> DHEA
>>> garlic
>>> TMG
>>> alpha lipoic acid
>>>
>>> The dog gets:
>>> live culture yogurt
>>> Life Extension's Dog Mix
>>> Missing Link powder
>>> Pet Tab
>>> flax seed oil
>>>
>>> The daughter gets (when I can force her, freakin' teenagers!):
>>> Life Extension's Two-A-Day Multi
>>> calcium
>>>
>>> If you want specific dosage info about any specific ones, just ask.
>>>
>> Why no beer or brandy? I won't need any dosage info for those as I
>> just go by "feel".
>
> He asked about "supplementation", not major food groups.
>
> David

Clever David, made me smile indeed as a confirmed daily beer drinker.
But on a more important note, it seems your dog is doing better (maybe)
than your daughter with regard to supplements. Then again maybe the
dog is headed downhill. Then again all the supplements just add a few
extra years (not dogs years) in the dog/human nursing home. Time will
of course tell but I wont be here...

--
Bob Volkmer

David Cohen
July 2nd 06, 04:08 PM
"Joe Humble" > wrote
> rev > wrote:

>>> He asked about "supplementation", not major food groups.
>>
>>Clever David, made me smile indeed as a confirmed daily beer drinker.
>>But on a more important note, it seems your dog is doing better (maybe)
>> than your daughter with regard to supplements. Then again maybe the
>>dog is headed downhill. Then again all the supplements just add a few
>>extra years (not dogs years) in the dog/human nursing home. Time will
>>of course tell but I wont be here...
>
> I'm afraid to ask what he spends on all those supps.

You? Afraid to ask something? Oh, sure...

> I'm guessing in the 400-500$ a month range.

Hardly. The most expensive part, the LE Mix (plus the LE Booster, which I
forgot to list) is about $500 a year. Another $500, or so, a year for the
rest, and we get about $100 a month.

Regardless of your opinion as to whether any of this stuff will make me
healthier and/or live longer, assuming that I believe it will, what better
use for $100 a month would you suggest?

David

OmManiPadmeOmelet
July 2nd 06, 06:50 PM
In article >,
"David Cohen" > wrote:

> >>Clever David, made me smile indeed as a confirmed daily beer drinker.
> >>But on a more important note, it seems your dog is doing better (maybe)
> >> than your daughter with regard to supplements. Then again maybe the
> >>dog is headed downhill. Then again all the supplements just add a few
> >>extra years (not dogs years) in the dog/human nursing home. Time will
> >>of course tell but I wont be here...
> >
> > I'm afraid to ask what he spends on all those supps.
>
> You? Afraid to ask something? Oh, sure...
>
> > I'm guessing in the 400-500$ a month range.
>
> Hardly. The most expensive part, the LE Mix (plus the LE Booster, which I
> forgot to list) is about $500 a year. Another $500, or so, a year for the
> rest, and we get about $100 a month.
>
> Regardless of your opinion as to whether any of this stuff will make me
> healthier and/or live longer, assuming that I believe it will, what better
> use for $100 a month would you suggest?
>
> David

Lobster and Prime Rib? ;-)

I probably spend about $60.00 per month but only because I have
insurance......
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

David Cohen
July 2nd 06, 07:49 PM
Joe Humble wrote:
> "David Cohen" > wrote:

> >> I'm afraid to ask what he spends on all those supps.
> >
> >You? Afraid to ask something? Oh, sure...
> >
> I have a shy and sensitive personality.
>
> >> I'm guessing in the 400-500$ a month range.
> >
> >Hardly. The most expensive part, the LE Mix (plus the LE Booster, which I
> >forgot to list) is about $500 a year. Another $500, or so, a year for the
> >rest, and we get about $100 a month.
> >
> >Regardless of your opinion as to whether any of this stuff will make me
> >healthier and/or live longer, assuming that I believe it will, what better
> >use for $100 a month would you suggest?
>
> You get all that stuff for 100$ a month? Not bad, as noted above I
> would have guessed a lot more.

Except for the LEF's stuff, which I buy at the member discount, plus
the once a year extra 10% discount, I buy everything at steep discount
at www.swansondirect.com and at Trader Joe's.

> I guess the biggest pain is swallowing all the pills (some of which I
> imagine are huge).

Practice makes perfect.

<insert obligatory cocksucking jokes here>

David

David Cohen
July 2nd 06, 07:52 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> "David Cohen" > wrote:

> > > I'm afraid to ask what he spends on all those supps.
> >
> > You? Afraid to ask something? Oh, sure...
> >
> > > I'm guessing in the 400-500$ a month range.
> >
> > Hardly. The most expensive part, the LE Mix (plus the LE Booster, which I
> > forgot to list) is about $500 a year. Another $500, or so, a year for the
> > rest, and we get about $100 a month.
> >
> > Regardless of your opinion as to whether any of this stuff will make me
> > healthier and/or live longer, assuming that I believe it will, what better
> > use for $100 a month would you suggest?
>
> Lobster and Prime Rib? ;-)
>
> I probably spend about $60.00 per month but only because I have
> insurance......

If I valued lobster and prime rib over long, healthy life, and could
only afford one, I'd choose lobster and prime rib, too.

Luckily, I can afford both.

David

OmManiPadmeOmelet
July 2nd 06, 08:11 PM
In article om>,
"David Cohen" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > "David Cohen" > wrote:
> > > "Joe Humble" > wrote

> > > You? Afraid to ask something? Oh, sure...

> > > Hardly. The most expensive part, the LE Mix (plus the LE Booster, which I
> > > forgot to list) is about $500 a year. Another $500, or so, a year for the
> > > rest, and we get about $100 a month.
> > >
> > > Regardless of your opinion as to whether any of this stuff will make me
> > > healthier and/or live longer, assuming that I believe it will, what better
> > > use for $100 a month would you suggest?
> >
> > Lobster and Prime Rib? ;-)
> >
> > I probably spend about $60.00 per month but only because I have
> > insurance......
>
> If I valued lobster and prime rib over long, healthy life, and could
> only afford one, I'd choose lobster and prime rib, too.
>
> Luckily, I can afford both.
>
> David

Perfect! :-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

John Hanson
July 3rd 06, 11:30 PM
On 2 Jul 2006 11:52:25 -0700, "David Cohen" >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>> "David Cohen" > wrote:
>> > "Joe Humble" > wrote

>> > You? Afraid to ask something? Oh, sure...

>> > Hardly. The most expensive part, the LE Mix (plus the LE Booster, which I
>> > forgot to list) is about $500 a year. Another $500, or so, a year for the
>> > rest, and we get about $100 a month.
>> >
>> > Regardless of your opinion as to whether any of this stuff will make me
>> > healthier and/or live longer, assuming that I believe it will, what better
>> > use for $100 a month would you suggest?
>>
>> Lobster and Prime Rib? ;-)
>>
>> I probably spend about $60.00 per month but only because I have
>> insurance......
>
>If I valued lobster and prime rib over long, healthy life, and could
>only afford one, I'd choose lobster and prime rib, too.
>
>Luckily, I can afford both.

I'll be diving for lobster next month in the Keys. Don't cost
nothin'.

David Cohen
July 3rd 06, 11:50 PM
"John Hanson" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote
>>OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

>>> Lobster and Prime Rib? ;-)
>>>
>>> I probably spend about $60.00 per month but only because I have
>>> insurance......
>>
>>If I valued lobster and prime rib over long, healthy life, and could
>>only afford one, I'd choose lobster and prime rib, too.
>>
>>Luckily, I can afford both.
>>
> I'll be diving for lobster next month in the Keys. Don't cost
> nothin'.

Spear a cow while you're down there, and both are free.

David

OmManiPadmeOmelet
July 4th 06, 03:09 AM
In article >,
John Hanson > wrote:

> >> Lobster and Prime Rib? ;-)
> >>
> >> I probably spend about $60.00 per month but only because I have
> >> insurance......
> >
> >If I valued lobster and prime rib over long, healthy life, and could
> >only afford one, I'd choose lobster and prime rib, too.
> >
> >Luckily, I can afford both.
> >
> I'll be diving for lobster next month in the Keys. Don't cost
> nothin'.

'cept the air fare and the tank refills....... ;-)

Have fun dude!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Will Brink
July 4th 06, 09:44 PM
In article >,
"David Cohen" > wrote:

> Spear a cow while you're down there, and both are free.

If you are now calling picking up women at those nasty bars you hang out
as "spearing the cow" you may want to consider going to AA.

--
Will Brink @ www.BrinkZone.com

David Cohen
July 4th 06, 09:59 PM
"Will Brink" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote:
>
>> Spear a cow while you're down there, and both are free.
>
> If you are now calling picking up women at those nasty bars you hang out
> as "spearing the cow" you may want to consider going to AA.

AA?

Ah damn you be a nasty bitch Anonymous?

July 7th 06, 01:00 PM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
k.net...

>>>Clever David, made me smile indeed as a confirmed daily beer drinker.
>>>But on a more important note, it seems your dog is doing better (maybe)
>>> than your daughter with regard to supplements. Then again maybe the
>>>dog is headed downhill. Then again all the supplements just add a few
>>>extra years (not dogs years) in the dog/human nursing home. Time will
>>>of course tell but I wont be here...
>>
>> I'm afraid to ask what he spends on all those supps.
>
> You? Afraid to ask something? Oh, sure...
>
>> I'm guessing in the 400-500$ a month range.
>
> Hardly. The most expensive part, the LE Mix (plus the LE Booster, which I
> forgot to list) is about $500 a year. Another $500, or so, a year for the
> rest, and we get about $100 a month.
>
> Regardless of your opinion as to whether any of this stuff will make me
> healthier and/or live longer, assuming that I believe it will, what better
> use for $100 a month would you suggest?

Maybe a hooker?