PDA

View Full Version : House Blocks Seizure of Legal Guns

Will Brink
July 26th 06, 10:18 PM
Mark one up for the good guys:

Breaking from NewsMax.com

House Blocks Seizure of Legal Guns

The House voted Tuesday to prevent law enforcement officers from
confiscating legally owned guns during a national disaster or emergency.

Republican Rep. Bobby Jindal, the Louisiana lawmaker who sponsored the
bill, said firearms seizures after Hurricane Katrina left residents
unable to defend themselves.

"Many of them were sitting in their homes without power, without water,
without communication," he said. "It was literally impossible to pick up
a phone and call 911."

The House voted 322-99 in support of the bill. Senators voted 84-16
earlier this month to include a similar prohibition in a homeland
security funding bill.

--
Will Brink @ www.BrinkZone.com

OmManiPadmeOmelet
July 27th 06, 02:57 AM
In article >,
Will Brink > wrote:

> Mark one up for the good guys:

Indeed. ;-)

I heard this on the radio this morning.
I cheered.

--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

JMW
July 27th 06, 05:16 AM
OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:

>In article >,
> Will Brink > wrote:
>
>> Mark one up for the good guys:
>
>Indeed. ;-)
>
>I heard this on the radio this morning.

If you had joined the NRA, you could have gotten the email alert
yesterday afternoon. You also would have been getting weekly updates
on that legislation, and any other important federal and state
firearms legislation.

I highly recommend it.

OmManiPadmeOmelet
July 27th 06, 02:50 PM
In article >,
JMW > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Will Brink > wrote:
> >
> >> Mark one up for the good guys:
> >
> >Indeed. ;-)
> >
> >I heard this on the radio this morning.
>
> If you had joined the NRA, you could have gotten the email alert
> yesterday afternoon. You also would have been getting weekly updates
> on that legislation, and any other important federal and state
> firearms legislation.
>
> I highly recommend it.

<cringe>

Guilty as charged...

My housemate is a member and I keep telling myself I need to join....

Time to get off my procrastinating ass and do it, thanks.

Besides, it saves me money on range fees. ;-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson