PDA

View Full Version : New Ironmind Catalog

Lee Michaels
December 4th 03, 07:07 AM
I got the new Ironmind catalog today. Classic example of somebody finding a
niche and filling it. Total class operation! Their focus is narrow. They
don't have tha many products. Most of the products are unattractive and VERY
unsexy. This not for the chrome and fern crowd.

But everthing they have is functional, fun and almost unheard of in the
world at large. Just my kinda place! I like these guys. Wish we had more of
them. Some good pictures too.

My favorite photo is a guy in another land who does not have the money and
equipment that most of us have. So he improvises. It showed a picture of him
lifting with square slabs of stone or cement on his bar. Real flintsone
weights!!

If you don't have a copy of this catalog, you are severely culturally
deprived.

--
Lee Michaels

Sooky Grumper
December 4th 03, 07:18 AM
Lee Michaels wrote:
> I got the new Ironmind catalog today. Classic example of somebody finding a
> niche and filling it. Total class operation! Their focus is narrow. They
> don't have tha many products. Most of the products are unattractive and VERY
> unsexy. This not for the chrome and fern crowd.

I find knurling and unchromed slightly rusty metal sexy, go figure.

> But everthing they have is functional, fun and almost unheard of in the
> world at large. Just my kinda place! I like these guys. Wish we had more of
> them. Some good pictures too.
>
> My favorite photo is a guy in another land who does not have the money and
> equipment that most of us have. So he improvises. It showed a picture of him
> lifting with square slabs of stone or cement on his bar. Real flintsone
> weights!!
>
> If you don't have a copy of this catalog, you are severely culturally
> deprived.

Robert Dorf
December 4th 03, 01:32 PM
On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 07:07:25 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:

>I got the new Ironmind catalog today. Classic example of somebody finding a
>niche and filling it. Total class operation! Their focus is narrow. They
>don't have tha many products. Most of the products are unattractive and VERY
>unsexy. This not for the chrome and fern crowd.
>
>But everthing they have is functional, fun and almost unheard of in the
>world at large. Just my kinda place! I like these guys. Wish we had more of
>them. Some good pictures too.
>
>My favorite photo is a guy in another land who does not have the money and
>equipment that most of us have. So he improvises. It showed a picture of him
>lifting with square slabs of stone or cement on his bar. Real flintsone
>weights!!
>
>If you don't have a copy of this catalog, you are severely culturally
>deprived.

Good catalog, good products. For those interested:

http://www.ironmind.com/

SJ
December 4th 03, 03:50 PM
Lee Michaels wrote:

> I got the new Ironmind catalog today.

You *just* got it? Ha! I got mine damn near two weeks ago. You must be
at the bottom of their list.

> My favorite photo is a guy in another land who does not have the money and
> equipment that most of us have. So he improvises. It showed a picture of him
> lifting with square slabs of stone or cement on his bar. Real flintsone
> weights!!

That's my favorite too. And keep in mind I've had plenty of time to
peruse and consider all of the photos in that catalog. Heh.

> If you don't have a copy of this catalog, you are severely culturally
> deprived.

Yes. But you could have a copy and still be severely lacking in culture.