PDA

View Full Version : exercise for correcting shoulder hunch

Jag
September 6th 06, 02:38 AM
I've always had shoulders that hunch forward - I guess it's really just bad
posture. I've started lifting weights recently. Are there any particular
exercises that can help correct the hunch?

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 6th 06, 03:01 AM
In article >,
"Jag" > wrote:

> I've always had shoulders that hunch forward - I guess it's really just bad
> posture. I've started lifting weights recently. Are there any particular
> exercises that can help correct the hunch?

Do what your mother told you to do and sit up straight!

There are posture devices available that you can wear until you teach
yourself proper posture:

http://www.firststreetonline.com/product.jsp?path=-1|7866&id=47208

In the meantime, try some upper back exercises.
T-bar rows and reverse fly's come to mind, as well as shrugs.

Oh. And deadlifts. ;-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Steve Freides
September 6th 06, 03:18 AM
"Jag" > wrote in message
> I've always had shoulders that hunch forward - I guess it's really
> just bad
> posture. I've started lifting weights recently. Are there any
> particular
> exercises that can help correct the hunch?

Here's a great one for you. If you actually try it and want some tips
on how to improve, let me know. It couldn't be simpler.

Find a wall, face the wall, in a high-bar squat stance: feet turned out
and a bit wider than your shoulders. Stand with your toes about 6
inches away from the wall.

Squat, arms hanging freely inside your legs, until somewhere between
below parallel and the point where your hands touch the ground. Feel
free to play with your stance in terms of width and foot angle, but keep
your feet flat on the ground. Go barefoot or wear flat shoes like Chuck
Taylors or wrestling shoes. No problem, right? Read on.

Once you can do this, move closer to the wall. The goal is to start with
your toes touching the wall and squat until your hands touch the ground.
(I can do this but just barely and it takes me a few warmup attempts to
get it right.)

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

jimmy
September 6th 06, 04:31 AM
YES!

http://look-better-naked.blogspot.com/2006/08/upper-cross-syndrome.html#links

Jag wrote:
> I've always had shoulders that hunch forward - I guess it's really just bad
> posture. I've started lifting weights recently. Are there any particular
> exercises that can help correct the hunch?

Pete
September 6th 06, 09:04 AM
"Jag" > schreef:

> I've always had shoulders that hunch forward - I guess it's really just
> bad
> posture. I've started lifting weights recently. Are there any particular
> exercises that can help correct the hunch?

Cable rows. Lotsa cable rows...

----
Pete

Pete