PDA

View Full Version : Schwarzenegger in print!

Curt James
September 6th 06, 03:44 AM
Two books I hadn't heard of until recently...

_I Feel Earthquakes More Often Than They Happen: Coming to California
in the Age of Schwarzenegger_
<http://www.amazon.com/I-Feel-Earthquakes-More-Often-Than-They-Happen-Coming-California-in-Age-Schwarzenegger/dp/0743264398/ref=pd_sim_b_3/104-6394344-7570303?ie=UTF8>
by Amy Wilentz and _The People's Machine: Arnold Schwarzenegger And the
Rise of Blockbuster Democracy_
<http://www.amazon.com/-Peoples-Machine-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Rise-Blockbuster-Democracy/dp/1586482726/ref=pd_sim_b_2/104-6394344-7570303?ie=UTF8>
by Joe Mathews.

Wilentz's book is decidedly anti-Ahnuld while Mathews' tome is more
favorable.

--
Curt

David
September 10th 06, 03:19 AM
"Curt James" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Two books I hadn't heard of until recently...
>
> _I Feel Earthquakes More Often Than They Happen: Coming to California
> in the Age of Schwarzenegger_
> <http://www.amazon.com/I-Feel-Earthquakes-More-Often-Than-They-Happen-Coming-California-in-Age-Schwarzenegger/dp/0743264398/ref=pd_sim_b_3/104-6394344-7570303?ie=UTF8>
> by Amy Wilentz and _The People's Machine: Arnold Schwarzenegger And the
> Rise of Blockbuster Democracy_
> <http://www.amazon.com/-Peoples-Machine-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Rise-Blockbuster-Democracy/dp/1586482726/ref=pd_sim_b_2/104-6394344-7570303?ie=UTF8>
> by Joe Mathews.
>
> Wilentz's book is decidedly anti-Ahnuld while Mathews' tome is more
> favorable.

don't like tomes. never had time for tomes. why bother with a tome when you
can read an actual book?

Curt James
September 10th 06, 05:27 AM
David wrote:
[...]

> don't like tomes. never had time for tomes.
> why bother with a tome when you can read
> an actual book?

I am... chagrined.

;o)

--
Curt

David
September 10th 06, 05:42 AM
"Curt James" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> David wrote:
> [...]
>
>> don't like tomes. never had time for tomes.
>> why bother with a tome when you can read
>> an actual book?
>
> I am... chagrined.

Ha ha -(a little Chagrine now and then never hurt anyone - particularly nice
to have a glass when reading a tome.)
Have a great Sunday! You know that I intend to! ;o (he'll have us all doing
that soon)

;o)

> --
> Curt

Curt James
September 10th 06, 06:16 AM
David wrote:
> "Curt James" wrote
> > David wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> >> don't like tomes. never had time for tomes.
> >> why bother with a tome when you can read
> >> an actual book?

And speaking of books, I just picked up _The Power of Leukic_ by Dan
Upper and _ABSolution_ by Shawn Phillips. Both from a local GNC, the
former for a buck and the latter for $1.99. Can't beat dem prices. And
for about eight bucks, I also picked up _Deep Fathom_, an adventure
story by James Rollins who's an author I've been reading recently. Soon
finishing _Ice Hunt_, also by Rollins.

> > I am... chagrined.
>
> Ha ha -(a little Chagrine now and then never hurt
> anyone - particularly nice to have a glass when
> reading a tome.)

heh :o)

> Have a great Sunday! You know that I intend to! ;o
> (he'll have us all doing that soon)

Of course!

Hey, I hope your Sunday goes well, too. Mine's just beginning here as
it's about 1 a.m. in my neck of the woods as I type this.

--
Curt

Charles
September 10th 06, 08:34 AM
On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 12:19:42 +1000, "David" >
wrote:

>"Curt James" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>> Two books I hadn't heard of until recently...
>>
>> _I Feel Earthquakes More Often Than They Happen: Coming to California
>> in the Age of Schwarzenegger_
>> <http://www.amazon.com/I-Feel-Earthquakes-More-Often-Than-They-Happen-Coming-California-in-Age-Schwarzenegger/dp/0743264398/ref=pd_sim_b_3/104-6394344-7570303?ie=UTF8>
>> by Amy Wilentz and _The People's Machine: Arnold Schwarzenegger And the
>> Rise of Blockbuster Democracy_
>> <http://www.amazon.com/-Peoples-Machine-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Rise-Blockbuster-Democracy/dp/1586482726/ref=pd_sim_b_2/104-6394344-7570303?ie=UTF8>
>> by Joe Mathews.
>>
>> Wilentz's book is decidedly anti-Ahnuld while Mathews' tome is more
>> favorable.
>>
>don't like tomes. never had time for tomes. why bother with a tome when you
>can read an actual book?

The way I read it, it's tome to call it a day; I'll book you in!

Have a great Sunday Oz - you know I intend to! ;o)

Charles
September 10th 06, 08:38 AM
On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 14:42:01 +1000, "David" >
wrote:

>"Curt James" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>> David wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>>> don't like tomes. never had time for tomes.
>>> why bother with a tome when you can read
>>> an actual book?
>>
>> I am... chagrined.
>>

>Ha ha -(a little Chagrine now and then never hurt anyone - particularly nice
>to have a glass when reading a tome.)
>Have a great Sunday! You know that I intend to! ;o (he'll have us all doing
>that soon)

Hey!

Who is "he'll"?

"He'll" has a name you know!

"He'll" be more than a little "chagrined" if you carry on like that
mate!

He'll hath no fury like a "he'll" scorned!

HAGS! (What's left of it for the Oz) ;o)

David
September 10th 06, 10:48 AM
"Charles" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 14:42:01 +1000, "David" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Curt James" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>>> David wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> I am... chagrined.
>>>

>>Ha ha -(a little Chagrine now and then never hurt anyone - particularly
>>nice
>>to have a glass when reading a tome.)
>>Have a great Sunday! You know that I intend to! ;o (he'll have us all
>>doing
>>that soon)
>>

> Hey!
>
> Who is "he'll"?
>
> "He'll" has a name you know!
>
> "He'll" be more than a little "chagrined" if you carry on like that
> mate!
>
> He'll hath no fury like a "he'll" scorned!
>
> HAGS! (What's left of it for the Oz) ;o)

Now now Charles, you read it the wrong way - it is mark of respect to refer
to someone as 'he' and not have to use 'his' name as then it suggests that
the person being referred to is obviously that well known and is so
obviously in the foreground of our minds that it is totally superfluous to
have to refer to 'him' by name!

David
September 10th 06, 10:51 AM
"Charles" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 12:19:42 +1000, "David" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Curt James" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>>> Two books I hadn't heard of until recently...
>>>
>>> _I Feel Earthquakes More Often Than They Happen: Coming to California
>>> in the Age of Schwarzenegger_
>>> <http://www.amazon.com/I-Feel-Earthquakes-More-Often-Than-They-Happen-Coming-California-in-Age-Schwarzenegger/dp/0743264398/ref=pd_sim_b_3/104-6394344-7570303?ie=UTF8>
>>> by Amy Wilentz and _The People's Machine: Arnold Schwarzenegger And the
>>> Rise of Blockbuster Democracy_
>>> <http://www.amazon.com/-Peoples-Machine-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Rise-Blockbuster-Democracy/dp/1586482726/ref=pd_sim_b_2/104-6394344-7570303?ie=UTF8>
>>> by Joe Mathews.
>>>
>>> Wilentz's book is decidedly anti-Ahnuld while Mathews' tome is more
>>> favorable.
>>>
>>don't like tomes. never had time for tomes. why bother with a tome when
>>you
>>can read an actual book?
>>

> The way I read it, it's tome to call it a day; I'll book you in!
>
> Have a great Sunday Oz - you know I intend to! ;o)

that tome came just in time. a timely tome

David
September 10th 06, 11:24 AM
"Curt James" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> David wrote:
>> "Curt James" wrote
>> > David wrote:
>> > [...]
>
> And speaking of books, I just picked up _The Power of Leukic_ by Dan
> Upper and _ABSolution_ by Shawn Phillips. Both from a local GNC, the
> former for a buck and the latter for $1.99. Can't beat dem prices. And
> for about eight bucks, I also picked up _Deep Fathom_, an adventure
> story by James Rollins who's an author I've been reading recently. Soon
> finishing _Ice Hunt_, also by Rollins.

Only time I ever read anything is when I'm at the barber shop waiting my
turn. It is usually some crappy magazine they get donated. Last time I read
a real book was prescribed reading in school. Maybe it is because I was a
clever kid and started reading real books when I was 4 and then got it all
out of my system by the time I was 7.

>> > I am... chagrined.
>>
>> Ha ha -(a little Chagrine now and then never hurt
>> anyone - particularly nice to have a glass when
>> reading a tome.)
>
> heh :o)
>
>> Have a great Sunday! You know that I intend to! ;o
>> (he'll have us all doing that soon)
>
> Of course!

"He;s" been reading our posts. "He" didn't approve my use of the pronoun
rather than call him by his name. (what a nut job, right?)

> Hey, I hope your Sunday goes well, too. Mine's just beginning here as
> it's about 1 a.m. in my neck of the woods as I type this.

pretty late - wonder if "he" will have any comment on this.

>> ;o)

ugh it's nearly Monday!! ;o) (ha ha!)

Charles
September 10th 06, 11:47 AM
On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 19:48:28 +1000, "David" >
wrote:

>"Charles" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 14:42:01 +1000, "David" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Curt James" > wrote in message
ps.com...

>>>Ha ha -(a little Chagrine now and then never hurt anyone - particularly
>>>nice
>>>to have a glass when reading a tome.)
>>>Have a great Sunday! You know that I intend to! ;o (he'll have us all
>>>doing
>>>that soon)
>>>

>> Hey!
>>
>> Who is "he'll"?
>>
>> "He'll" has a name you know!
>>
>> "He'll" be more than a little "chagrined" if you carry on like that
>> mate!
>>
>> He'll hath no fury like a "he'll" scorned!
>>
>> HAGS! (What's left of it for the Oz) ;o)
>
>Now now Charles, you read it the wrong way - it is mark of respect to refer
>to someone as 'he' and not have to use 'his' name as then it suggests that
>the person being referred to is obviously that well known and is so
>obviously in the foreground of our minds that it is totally superfluous to
>have to refer to 'him' by name!

Oh all right then - you smooth talking *******! ;o)

David
September 10th 06, 12:03 PM
"Charles" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 19:48:28 +1000, "David" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Charles" > wrote in message

ps.com...

>>> Hey!
>>>
>>> Who is "he'll"?
>>>
>>> "He'll" has a name you know!
>>>
>>> "He'll" be more than a little "chagrined" if you carry on like that
>>> mate!
>>>
>>> He'll hath no fury like a "he'll" scorned!
>>>
>>> HAGS! (What's left of it for the Oz) ;o)
>>
>>Now now Charles, you read it the wrong way - it is mark of respect to
>>refer
>>to someone as 'he' and not have to use 'his' name as then it suggests that
>>the person being referred to is obviously that well known and is so
>>obviously in the foreground of our minds that it is totally superfluous to
>>have to refer to 'him' by name!
>>

> Oh all right then - you smooth talking *******! ;o)

Well, a man has to think on his feet these days!
HAGS (you know I will!) ;o)!