PDA

View Full Version : Jason, Ader Kettlebell Prices

Steve Freides
September 7th 06, 01:59 AM
For a 36 kg / 80 lb. Ader kettlebell

http://www.kettlebellinc.com/products/showproduct.php?prod_id=17

charges $195 shipped, while the same thing on ebay is $165 shipped, see:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&item=300023201519

That's a pretty significant price difference.

I just bought one from ebay, and will report on it when it arrives.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Kettlebell Inc
September 7th 06, 02:55 AM
Steve Freides wrote:
> For a 36 kg / 80 lb. Ader kettlebell
>
> http://www.kettlebellinc.com/products/showproduct.php?prod_id=17
>
> charges $195 shipped, while the same thing on ebay is $165 shipped, see:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&item=300023201519
>
> That's a pretty significant price difference.
>
> I just bought one from ebay, and will report on it when it arrives.
>
> -S-
> http://www.kbnj.com

Hi Steve,

Please take note that the picture of the kettlebell in the ebay link is
Ader's older prototype version. The ones we are selling are Ader's
newest version. They actually aren't the same thing. Just so folks
are aware that we're not talking apples to apples with the price
difference.

John

Jason Earl
September 7th 06, 06:26 PM
"Steve Freides" > writes:

> For a 36 kg / 80 lb. Ader kettlebell
>
> http://www.kettlebellinc.com/products/showproduct.php?prod_id=17
>
> charges $195 shipped, while the same thing on ebay is $165 shipped, see:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&item=300023201519
>
> That's a pretty significant price difference.
>
> I just bought one from ebay, and will report on it when it arrives.
>
> -S-
> http://www.kbnj.com

Yes, I have been checking out ebay, and I had noticed those. I also
had noticed some guy selling Dragon Door kbells at good prices. I
really do want a 32kg bell.

I'd gladly pay $30 for less hassle though. The fact of the matter is
that the tricky bit is convincing myself that I really need to spend
over $100 for a cast iron cannon ball with a handle. Once I have
gotten over that trauma $30 doesn't seem like such a big deal.

I have also heard that there is a difference between newer and older
Ader kbells.

Jason

Steve Freides
September 7th 06, 06:54 PM
"Jason Earl" > wrote in message
> "Steve Freides" > writes:
>
>> For a 36 kg / 80 lb. Ader kettlebell
>>
>> http://www.kettlebellinc.com/products/showproduct.php?prod_id=17
>>
>> charges $195 shipped, while the same thing on ebay is $165 shipped,
>> see:
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&item=300023201519
>>
>> That's a pretty significant price difference.
>>
>> I just bought one from ebay, and will report on it when it arrives.
>>
>> -S-
>> http://www.kbnj.com
>
> Yes, I have been checking out ebay, and I had noticed those. I also
> had noticed some guy selling Dragon Door kbells at good prices. I
> really do want a 32kg bell.

DragonDoor themselves are doing some selling on ebay. They described it
as an experiment - it was a thread on their board last week or so. That
may have been what you saw ...

> I'd gladly pay $30 for less hassle though. The fact of the matter is
> that the tricky bit is convincing myself that I really need to spend
> over $100 for a cast iron cannon ball with a handle. Once I have
> gotten over that trauma $30 doesn't seem like such a big deal.
>
> I have also heard that there is a difference between newer and older
> Ader kbells.

If I'm not mistaken, the guy selling Ader kettlebells on ebay is the
manfacturer/importer. I had a conversation with him via email about
warranties and the like a while back and posted some of it on the thread
on Bryce's board.

It was no hassle buying from ebay. It was a buy-it-now, so I just
clicked, paid, and that was that. The price was $120 plus $45 shipping
and the shipping charge was the same regardless of location. I'll let
you know when it gets here.

On another but related topic, I'm currently working on a pressing
program from Pavel's latest, "Enter The Kettlebell" where you do
heavy/light/medium, 3 pressing days each week, using the ladder
protocol. The book goes into a detail about how to figure out starting
weight, how to increase, exactly what to do on each of the three days,
etc. I'm hoping that, in a few weeks time, I'll be pressing the 36 kg
bell I just ordered, and then the 40 kg somewhere down the road after
that. I'm using a 28 kg bell for the ladders. A long time ago, one
person on DragonDoor pressed the 40kg at a bodyweight slightly higher
than mine, 155-160 or so, and he made an offer that if anyone lighter
than him could press it, he'd buy them a 40 kg bell. Someone in the UK
did it pretty quickly, bodyweight of 154 and 5' 6" or so. The original
guy is a classic wiry strong type, was 160 at 5' 11" or so but with the
above mentioned 40kg mil press and a 400 lb. DL. My bodyweight is
typically 153 or so, and being sub 150 isn't hard for me, and I hoping
to be the third "taker" in this challenge.

Anyone interested in reading about ladders, here are a few links:

http://www.cbass.com/Pavel'sLadders.htm

http://p069.ezboard.com/ftheironworksfrm8.showMessage?topicID=16.topic

You can also do a site-wide search on "ladder" on the DragonDoor site
and find a few articles there, but ETK has the best explanation using a
very specific program.

http://www.kbnj.com/etk.htm

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

> Jason

Jason Earl
September 7th 06, 07:37 PM
"Steve Freides" > writes:

> "Jason Earl" > wrote in message
>> "Steve Freides" > writes:
>>
>>> For a 36 kg / 80 lb. Ader kettlebell
>>>
>>> http://www.kettlebellinc.com/products/showproduct.php?prod_id=17
>>>
>>> charges $195 shipped, while the same thing on ebay is $165 shipped,
>>> see:
>>>
>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&item=300023201519
>>>
>>> That's a pretty significant price difference.
>>>
>>> I just bought one from ebay, and will report on it when it arrives.
>>>
>>> -S-
>>> http://www.kbnj.com
>>
>> Yes, I have been checking out ebay, and I had noticed those. I also
>> had noticed some guy selling Dragon Door kbells at good prices. I
>> really do want a 32kg bell.
>
> DragonDoor themselves are doing some selling on ebay. They
> described it as an experiment - it was a thread on their board last
> week or so. That may have been what you saw ...

That is almost certainly what I saw. The seller's name was
"dragondoor1pa994". 32kg bells were going for $82.00 + $43.00 s/h.
That's s a pretty darn good price.

>> I'd gladly pay $30 for less hassle though. The fact of the matter
>> is that the tricky bit is convincing myself that I really need to
>> spend over $100 for a cast iron cannon ball with a handle. Once I
>> have gotten over that trauma $30 doesn't seem like such a big deal.
>>
>> I have also heard that there is a difference between newer and
>> older Ader kbells.
>
> If I'm not mistaken, the guy selling Ader kettlebells on ebay is the
> manfacturer/importer. I had a conversation with him via email about
> warranties and the like a while back and posted some of it on the
> thread on Bryce's board.
>
> It was no hassle buying from ebay. It was a buy-it-now, so I just
> clicked, paid, and that was that. The price was $120 plus $45
> shipping and the shipping charge was the same regardless of
> location. I'll let you know when it gets here.

I do like Amazon's "buy it now" stuff.

> On another but related topic, I'm currently working on a pressing
> program from Pavel's latest, "Enter The Kettlebell" where you do
> heavy/light/medium, 3 pressing days each week, using the ladder
> protocol. The book goes into a detail about how to figure out
> starting weight, how to increase, exactly what to do on each of the
> three days, etc. I'm hoping that, in a few weeks time, I'll be
> pressing the 36 kg bell I just ordered, and then the 40 kg somewhere
> down the road after that. I'm using a 28 kg bell for the ladders.
> A long time ago, one person on DragonDoor pressed the 40kg at a
> bodyweight slightly higher than mine, 155-160 or so, and he made an
> offer that if anyone lighter than him could press it, he'd buy them
> a 40 kg bell. Someone in the UK did it pretty quickly, bodyweight
> of 154 and 5' 6" or so. The original guy is a classic wiry strong
> type, was 160 at 5' 11" or so but with the above mentioned 40kg mil
> press and a 400 lb. DL. My bodyweight is typically 153 or so, and
> being sub 150 isn't hard for me, and I hoping to be the third
> "taker" in this challenge.

I'd have to cut off one of my legs to weigh 150, and I still would be
ecstatic with a 40kg kettlebell press.

> Anyone interested in reading about ladders, here are a few links:
>
> http://www.cbass.com/Pavel'sLadders.htm

Eventually I will probably own enough kbells to do a 24kg 32kg 40kg
ladder.

My long term goal is to attach a handle to the top of my Honda Civic
and be able to kbell snatch it for reps.

> http://p069.ezboard.com/ftheironworksfrm8.showMessage?topicID=16.topic
>
> You can also do a site-wide search on "ladder" on the DragonDoor
> site and find a few articles there, but ETK has the best explanation
> using a very specific program.
>
> http://www.kbnj.com/etk.htm

More stuff to add to my list of things to get.

BTW, I started doing one arm swings, and I find them to be easier than
two arm swings. My hands are small, but even so they don't both fit
very comfortably inside the handle of my kbell. Combine that with the
fact that each hand gets a bit of a rest, and I am no longer concerned
about losing my grip.

I am somewhat concerned about losing my lunch...

Jason

Steve Freides
September 7th 06, 07:57 PM
"Jason Earl" > wrote in message

-snip-

I wrote:

>> On another but related topic, I'm currently working on a pressing
>> program from Pavel's latest, "Enter The Kettlebell" where you do
>> heavy/light/medium, 3 pressing days each week, using the ladder
>> protocol. The book goes into a detail about how to figure out
>> starting weight, how to increase, exactly what to do on each of the
>> three days, etc. I'm hoping that, in a few weeks time, I'll be
>> pressing the 36 kg bell I just ordered, and then the 40 kg somewhere
>> down the road after that. I'm using a 28 kg bell for the ladders.
>> A long time ago, one person on DragonDoor pressed the 40kg at a
>> bodyweight slightly higher than mine, 155-160 or so, and he made an
>> offer that if anyone lighter than him could press it, he'd buy them
>> a 40 kg bell. Someone in the UK did it pretty quickly, bodyweight
>> of 154 and 5' 6" or so. The original guy is a classic wiry strong
>> type, was 160 at 5' 11" or so but with the above mentioned 40kg mil
>> press and a 400 lb. DL. My bodyweight is typically 153 or so, and
>> being sub 150 isn't hard for me, and I hoping to be the third
>> "taker" in this challenge.

You replied:

> I'd have to cut off one of my legs to weigh 150, and I still would be
> ecstatic with a 40kg kettlebell press.
>
>> Anyone interested in reading about ladders, here are a few links:
>>
>> http://www.cbass.com/Pavel'sLadders.htm
>
> Eventually I will probably own enough kbells to do a 24kg 32kg 40kg
> ladder.

The ladder in this sense is about reps not weights, although there is
that useage as well, to "run the ladder" where you do the same thing w/
a few different weights. This ladder uses the same resistance for all
reps typically, but a reverse pyramid with a real or imaginary parter,
e.g., I do one rep, you do 1 rep, I do 2, you do 2, and so on. When you
get to the end of a ladder, you rest a bit and then start another ladder
of the same or lower "height." The Clarence Bass article explains the
concept very well, and I'm sure the Milo article to which it refers is
worth reading, too, although not strictly necessary given that Clarence
explains the entire concept. The classic use for it is getting more
reps on bodyweight exercises but it can be applied to lots of things.

> I am somewhat concerned about losing my lunch...

:)

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Jason Earl
September 7th 06, 08:10 PM
"Steve Freides" > writes:

> "Jason Earl" > wrote in message
>
> -snip-
>
> I wrote:
>
>>> On another but related topic, I'm currently working on a pressing
>>> program from Pavel's latest, "Enter The Kettlebell" where you do
>>> heavy/light/medium, 3 pressing days each week, using the ladder
>>> protocol. The book goes into a detail about how to figure out
>>> starting weight, how to increase, exactly what to do on each of the
>>> three days, etc. I'm hoping that, in a few weeks time, I'll be
>>> pressing the 36 kg bell I just ordered, and then the 40 kg somewhere
>>> down the road after that. I'm using a 28 kg bell for the ladders.
>>> A long time ago, one person on DragonDoor pressed the 40kg at a
>>> bodyweight slightly higher than mine, 155-160 or so, and he made an
>>> offer that if anyone lighter than him could press it, he'd buy them
>>> a 40 kg bell. Someone in the UK did it pretty quickly, bodyweight
>>> of 154 and 5' 6" or so. The original guy is a classic wiry strong
>>> type, was 160 at 5' 11" or so but with the above mentioned 40kg mil
>>> press and a 400 lb. DL. My bodyweight is typically 153 or so, and
>>> being sub 150 isn't hard for me, and I hoping to be the third
>>> "taker" in this challenge.
>
> You replied:
>
>> I'd have to cut off one of my legs to weigh 150, and I still would be
>> ecstatic with a 40kg kettlebell press.
>>
>>> Anyone interested in reading about ladders, here are a few links:
>>>
>>> http://www.cbass.com/Pavel'sLadders.htm
>>
>> Eventually I will probably own enough kbells to do a 24kg 32kg 40kg
>> ladder.
>
> The ladder in this sense is about reps not weights, although there is
> that useage as well, to "run the ladder" where you do the same thing w/
> a few different weights. This ladder uses the same resistance for all
> reps typically, but a reverse pyramid with a real or imaginary parter,
> e.g., I do one rep, you do 1 rep, I do 2, you do 2, and so on. When you
> get to the end of a ladder, you rest a bit and then start another ladder
> of the same or lower "height." The Clarence Bass article explains the
> concept very well, and I'm sure the Milo article to which it refers is
> worth reading, too, although not strictly necessary given that Clarence
> explains the entire concept. The classic use for it is getting more
> reps on bodyweight exercises but it can be applied to lots of things.

Thanks for clearing that up. I have actually used that technique with
chinups. He should call it something besides "ladders." I probably
even read about it in Clarence's article. I tend to check his site
every month to see what's new.

Jason