PDA

View Full Version : Fat loss through weight lifting and no cardio possible?

September 8th 06, 03:28 AM
Okay, I thought I knew what I was doing, but apparently not....

BACKGROUND INFO:

Male
29 years old
5'10"
29% body fat
204 lbs

2 years ago I was 185( before marriage ). I used to play basketball 1-2
times a week. Treadmill at 5.0mph-6.0mph for 20-30minutes 2-3 times a
week. Weight lifted 2-4 times a week as well. I did that routine for
about 4-5 years and always hovered around 177-185. Also at this point
id say I had a 4 pack, so I'm guessing 14-18% bodyfat?

2 years ago I got married and my physical activities just about
stopped. Tried on and off to be active, play sports again, and lift
weights, but with a hectic lifestyle I wasnt really doing much and
thusly now I am at 204lbs and 29% bodyfat.

MY PROBLEM:

I started eating about ~1300(90g of p, 150g of c, 30g of fat) calories
6 days a week and gave myself 1 cheat day. I dont have much time, so my
workout is limited. I dont do any cardio. I am trying to squeeze in 1
hour of weight lifting 4 days a week. I have done this for about 2
weeks and I feel like im getting stronger each time I go back to the
gym. Unfortunatly( or fortunaty ), I have noticed that I just gained
2lbs in the past 2 weeks.

Is this normal? Do I have any chance to lose fat this way? As long as I
create a calorie deficit I should right? What kind of progress can I
expect from this?

Thanks for any recommendations/comments!!
-kp

Robert Schuh
September 8th 06, 04:04 AM
wrote:

> Okay, I thought I knew what I was doing, but apparently not....
>
> BACKGROUND INFO:
>
> Male
> 29 years old
> 5'10"
> 29% body fat
> 204 lbs
>
> 2 years ago I was 185( before marriage ). I used to play basketball 1-2
> times a week. Treadmill at 5.0mph-6.0mph for 20-30minutes 2-3 times a
> week. Weight lifted 2-4 times a week as well. I did that routine for
> about 4-5 years and always hovered around 177-185. Also at this point
> id say I had a 4 pack, so I'm guessing 14-18% bodyfat?
>
> 2 years ago I got married and my physical activities just about
> stopped. Tried on and off to be active, play sports again, and lift
> weights, but with a hectic lifestyle I wasnt really doing much and
> thusly now I am at 204lbs and 29% bodyfat.
>
> MY PROBLEM:
>
> I started eating about ~1300(90g of p, 150g of c, 30g of fat) calories
> 6 days a week and gave myself 1 cheat day. I dont have much time, so my
> workout is limited. I dont do any cardio. I am trying to squeeze in 1
> hour of weight lifting 4 days a week. I have done this for about 2
> weeks and I feel like im getting stronger each time I go back to the
> gym. Unfortunatly( or fortunaty ), I have noticed that I just gained
> 2lbs in the past 2 weeks.
>
> Is this normal? Do I have any chance to lose fat this way? As long as I
> create a calorie deficit I should right? What kind of progress can I
> expect from this?
>
> Thanks for any recommendations/comments!!
> -kp

It is easily possible to lose fat and not do cardio. After my freshman year
in college, I got to be the fattest I have ever been in my life. I was
wearing 33" Levi's and felt like ass. I worked out in high school and
competed in 2 teen bodybuilding shows in high school, but eating all that
fattening dorm food put the weight around my belly etc. I remember seeing
that Bo Derek Tarzan movie and seeing that guy Miles O'Keefe and thinking I
wanted to get ripped like that. I went from 190 down to 150 and 4.5% body
fat from just weight training and dieting in 6 months. I was just 21, but
you can still do it at any age. I was reading those RIPPED books by
Clarence Bass and was an absolute lunatic with my diet. I NEVER cheated. I
guess I did small amounts of cardio as I would always take stairs instead
of elevators etc., but I never spent time running or any other standard
cardio stuff. I initially thought that is where I wanted to stay, but at
that point I started to increase my calories with all clean foods and went
from 150 to 170 in 8 weeks and stayed at the same body fat %. At that
point, I tried my first cycle of Steroids. It was VERY mild, 200 mg/week of
Deca and 10 Anavar/day. I went from 170 to 190 in weeks. I added a bit of
fat as I now was hooked line and sinker into getting bigger for
bodybuilding. To this day I still tell people who want to get into shape to
get down as lean as they can and then start to add calories to come back up
with muscle. It takes dedication in the gym, but still, diet is about 90%
of the battle. Good luck on your endeavor.

Rob

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Curt James
September 8th 06, 04:14 AM
Robert Schuh wrote:
> wrote:
>
> > Okay, I thought I knew what I was doing, but apparently not....
> >
> > BACKGROUND INFO:
> >
> > Male
> > 29 years old
> > 5'10"
> > 29% body fat
> > 204 lbs
> >
> > 2 years ago I was 185( before marriage ). I used to play basketball 1-2
> > times a week. Treadmill at 5.0mph-6.0mph for 20-30minutes 2-3 times a
> > week. Weight lifted 2-4 times a week as well. I did that routine for
> > about 4-5 years and always hovered around 177-185. Also at this point
> > id say I had a 4 pack, so I'm guessing 14-18% bodyfat?
> >
> > 2 years ago I got married and my physical activities just about
> > stopped. Tried on and off to be active, play sports again, and lift
> > weights, but with a hectic lifestyle I wasnt really doing much and
> > thusly now I am at 204lbs and 29% bodyfat.
> >
> > MY PROBLEM:
> >
> > I started eating about ~1300(90g of p, 150g of c, 30g of fat) calories
> > 6 days a week and gave myself 1 cheat day. I dont have much time, so my
> > workout is limited. I dont do any cardio. I am trying to squeeze in 1
> > hour of weight lifting 4 days a week. I have done this for about 2
> > weeks and I feel like im getting stronger each time I go back to the
> > gym. Unfortunatly( or fortunaty ), I have noticed that I just gained
> > 2lbs in the past 2 weeks.
> >
> > Is this normal? Do I have any chance to lose fat this way? As long as I
> > create a calorie deficit I should right? What kind of progress can I
> > expect from this?
> >
> > Thanks for any recommendations/comments!!
> > -kp

http://theabsdiet.com/ (the book's avilable at Wal-Mart for $10.88)
and/or any of the Clarence Bass - http://www.cbass.com/ - books as
mentioned by Schuh. Bass' diet resembles Zinczenko's recommendations to
a large degree, btw.

> It is easily possible to lose fat and not do cardio. After my freshman year
> in college, I got to be the fattest I have ever been in my life. I was
> wearing 33" Levi's and felt like ass. I worked out in high school and
> competed in 2 teen bodybuilding shows in high school, but eating all that
> fattening dorm food put the weight around my belly etc. I remember seeing
> that Bo Derek Tarzan movie and seeing that guy Miles O'Keefe and thinking I
> wanted to get ripped like that. I went from 190 down to 150 and 4.5% body
> fat from just weight training and dieting in 6 months. I was just 21, but
> you can still do it at any age. I was reading those RIPPED books by
> Clarence Bass and was an absolute lunatic with my diet. I NEVER cheated. I
> guess I did small amounts of cardio as I would always take stairs instead
> of elevators etc., but I never spent time running or any other standard
> cardio stuff. I initially thought that is where I wanted to stay, but at
> that point I started to increase my calories with all clean foods and went
> from 150 to 170 in 8 weeks and stayed at the same body fat %. At that
> point, I tried my first cycle of Steroids. It was VERY mild, 200 mg/week of
> Deca and 10 Anavar/day. I went from 170 to 190 in weeks. I added a bit of
> fat as I now was hooked line and sinker into getting bigger for
> bodybuilding. To this day I still tell people who want to get into shape to
> get down as lean as they can and then start to add calories to come back up
> with muscle. It takes dedication in the gym, but still, diet is about 90%
> of the battle. Good luck on your endeavor.
>
> Rob

Holy crap! A positive and informative post by one Robert Schuh.
Fantastic if nearly unbelievable. Why, I'll bet goYankees69 at hotmail
dot com isn't even your REAL NAME!

--
Curt

lifterwench
September 8th 06, 11:41 AM
"Curt James" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Robert Schuh wrote:
> > wrote:

<snip>

> http://theabsdiet.com/ (the book's avilable at Wal-Mart for $10.88)
> and/or any of the Clarence Bass - http://www.cbass.com/ - books as
> mentioned by Schuh. Bass' diet resembles Zinczenko's recommendations to
> a large degree, btw.

My Walmart did not have it, Amazon did it was $10.85.

> > It is easily possible to lose fat and not do cardio. After my freshman
year
> > in college, I got to be the fattest I have ever been in my life. I was
> > wearing 33" Levi's and felt like ass. I worked out in high school and
> > competed in 2 teen bodybuilding shows in high school, but eating all
that
> > fattening dorm food put the weight around my belly etc. I remember
seeing
> > that Bo Derek Tarzan movie and seeing that guy Miles O'Keefe and
thinking I
> > wanted to get ripped like that. I went from 190 down to 150 and 4.5%
body
> > fat from just weight training and dieting in 6 months. I was just 21,
but
> > you can still do it at any age. I was reading those RIPPED books by
> > Clarence Bass and was an absolute lunatic with my diet. I NEVER cheated.
> > guess I did small amounts of cardio as I would always take stairs
instead
> > of elevators etc., but I never spent time running or any other standard
> > cardio stuff. I initially thought that is where I wanted to stay, but at
> > that point I started to increase my calories with all clean foods and
went
> > from 150 to 170 in 8 weeks and stayed at the same body fat %. At that
> > point, I tried my first cycle of Steroids. It was VERY mild, 200 mg/week
of
> > Deca and 10 Anavar/day. I went from 170 to 190 in weeks. I added a bit
of
> > fat as I now was hooked line and sinker into getting bigger for
> > bodybuilding. To this day I still tell people who want to get into shape
> > get down as lean as they can and then start to add calories to come back
up
> > with muscle. It takes dedication in the gym, but still, diet is about
90%
> > of the battle. Good luck on your endeavor.
> >
> > Rob
>
> Holy crap! A positive and informative post by one Robert Schuh.
> Fantastic if nearly unbelievable. Why, I'll bet goYankees69 at hotmail
> dot com isn't even your REAL NAME!
>
> > Robert Schuh
> > <snip>
> >
> > http://www.hardbopdrums.com/
>
> --
> Curt

joanne
September 8th 06, 05:09 PM
wrote:
> 2 years ago I got married and my physical activities just about
> stopped. Tried on and off to be active, play sports again, and lift
> weights, but with a hectic lifestyle I wasnt really doing much and
> thusly now I am at 204lbs and 29% bodyfat.

So basically you were eating too much for your inactive lifestyle. No
one to blame but yourself for gaining weight. Dont say its because you
got married, or your lifestyle is 'too hectic'. You have the choice.

> I started eating about ~1300(90g of p, 150g of c, 30g of fat) calories
> 6 days a week and gave myself 1 cheat day.

So called 'cheat days' can end up shooting oneself in the foot calorie
wise. Keep track of your calories for the week and make sure you dont
eat over your weekly deficit on your 'cheat day'. If you dont make a
CONSISTANT caloric deficit you wont lose weight. Remember that 1lb
weightloss is said to equal 3500 calories. Easy to 'cheat' your way
over that in a blink of a BigMac meal.

> I dont have much time, so my workout is limited. I dont do any cardio.
>I am trying to squeeze in 1 hour of weight lifting 4 days a week.

Why not do three days of weights and a day of cardio, or two days of
weights and two days of cardio. You could try 1/2 weights/1/2 cardio
right afterwards for four x's a week too. Mix it up and see what works
in your time 'constraint'. Most times when people say they dont have
enough time to workout, they mean they dont want to MAKE time to
workout. An hour walk/jog can be done daily if you really want to to
fit it in. Its all about priorititizing your life to reach your goals.

> I have done this for about 2 weeks and I feel like im getting stronger each
> time I go back to the gym. Unfortunatly( or fortunatly ), I have noticed that
> I just gained 2lbs in the past 2 weeks.

Two weeks is too short a time to gage what your body is going thru.
Patience is needed, yet you can cartasinly tweak your program as you go
along. Btw 2lbs is nothing - go to the bathroom and its gone or eat a
steak and potates and you gained four. For real progress notes, take
tape measurements and 'before' pic along with your bodyfat percentage
to make sure you are going in the right direction. Subtle changes at
first are a good motivation to keep going instead of relying on what
the scale says.

joanne

Jason Earl
September 8th 06, 06:03 PM
writes:

> Okay, I thought I knew what I was doing, but apparently not....
>
> BACKGROUND INFO:
>
> Male
> 29 years old
> 5'10"
> 29% body fat
> 204 lbs

Unless you had your body fat measured by a professional it's probably
wrong. The good news is that you haven't let yourself go as much as
most people do before deciding to clean up their act.

-snip story-

The story was useful. In fact, it's such a familiar refrain that
there is little point in repeating it.

> MY PROBLEM:
>
> I started eating about ~1300(90g of p, 150g of c, 30g of fat)
> calories 6 days a week and gave myself 1 cheat day. I dont have much
> time, so my workout is limited. I dont do any cardio. I am trying to
> squeeze in 1 hour of weight lifting 4 days a week. I have done this
> for about 2 weeks and I feel like im getting stronger each time I go
> back to the gym. Unfortunatly( or fortunaty ), I have noticed that I
> just gained 2lbs in the past 2 weeks.

I would not recommend starting your new "fitness" lifestyle on a
severely reduced calorie diet. I especially wouldn't recommend a
reduced calorie diet combined with a "cheat day." That's quite
possibly the worst combination possible.

I would instead simply concentrate on making exercise a part of your
life again. It doesn't take four hours a week either.

The mistake most people make when getting back into fitness is that
they want immediate results. So they decide to live off of nothing
but watercress and spinach while mixing in hours of exercise. Three
weeks later they are holed up in a Krispy Kreme donut shop blowing
their child's college fund on glazed donuts.

It's taken you several years to put on the extra weight, and it is
going to take a while to take the weight back off. The key is to
slowly build the healthy habits that will last a lifetime.

Personally, if I were you, I would first concentrate on making
exercise a regular part of your life again. Joining a gym is nice,
but fitting in an hour to go to the gym can be difficult. To help
guarantee that you can get in a good workout even if you don't have
time to go to the gym get yourself some toys that you can play with at
home. A jumprope is good, and you can pick up an Olympic weight set
with 300lbs for less than $150 (my set cost $120).

> Is this normal? Do I have any chance to lose fat this way? As long
> as I create a calorie deficit I should right? What kind of progress
> can I expect from this?

Unfortunately, your experience is pretty normal. Water retention is a
big part of body weight, and starting a new strength training regimen
is basically the perfect way to guarantee that your body retains more
water.

Your severely low calorie diet combined with an entire "cheat day"
probably only guarantees that most of your time is spent being
miserable.

> Thanks for any recommendations/comments!!
> -kp

Spend the next 5 weeks or so creating the good habit of regular
exercise. Don't worry about your diet until you exercise has become a
routine. Keep track of what you eat, if it makes you feel better, and
try and eat plenty of protein and unprocessed foods, but don't starve
yourself. If after 5 weeks you aren't progressing as quickly as you
want to then you can play with your diet. There are all kinds of
different tactics that you can employ.

One thing at a time friend.

Jason

September 8th 06, 06:43 PM
33" pants, Whoa big boy, time for pull ups....
Robert Schuh wrote:
> [...]
> point, I tried my first cycle of Steroids. It was VERY mild, 200 mg/week of
> Deca and 10 Anavar/day. I went from 170 to 190 in weeks. I added a bit of
> fat as I now was hooked line and sinker into getting bigger for
> bodybuilding. To this day I still tell people who want to get into shape to
> get down as lean as they can and then start to add calories to come back up
> with muscle. It takes dedication in the gym, but still, diet is about 90%
> of the battle. Good luck on your endeavor.
>
> Rob
>

> --
> Robert Schuh
> "Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
> intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
> the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
> the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"

ranieri
September 9th 06, 02:19 AM
"Robert Schuh" > wrote in message

>I remember seeing
> that Bo Derek Tarzan movie and seeing that guy Miles O'Keefe and thinking
> wanted to get ripped like that.

Dear God, man...a 1980's Bo Derek movie and you were foucused on the dude?

lifterwench
September 9th 06, 09:57 AM
"ranieri" <not now> wrote in message
. ..

> "Robert Schuh" > wrote in message
>
> >I remember seeing
> > that Bo Derek Tarzan movie and seeing that guy Miles O'Keefe and
thinking
> > wanted to get ripped like that.
>
> Dear God, man...a 1980's Bo Derek movie and you were foucused on the dude?

In Shuh's definse, O'Keefe was very pretty.

lifterwench
September 9th 06, 09:58 AM
"lifterwench" > wrote in message

> "ranieri" <not now> wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > "Robert Schuh" > wrote in message
> >
> > >I remember seeing
> > > that Bo Derek Tarzan movie and seeing that guy Miles O'Keefe and
> thinking
> > > wanted to get ripped like that.
> >
> > Dear God, man...a 1980's Bo Derek movie and you were foucused on the
dude?

> In Shuh's definse, O'Keefe was very pretty.

I meant "Schuh", I am not really awake yet.

Curt James
September 9th 06, 02:56 PM
lifterwench wrote:
> "lifterwench" wrote
> > "ranieri" <not now> wrote
> > > "Robert Schuh" wrote

> > > Dear God, man...a 1980's Bo Derek movie and you
> > > were foucused on the dude?
> > >
> > In Shuh's definse, O'Keefe was very pretty.

He's too pretty! Well, not to the degree today as he was back when
Schuh was knocked out by O'Keeffe's abs and pecs, but still too damn
pretty. I recall (kindasorta) Belushi's quote to Rob Lowe in About Last
Night, something like, "The best thing that could happen to you is a
nuclear accident. You intimidate women with your looks!"

> I meant "Schuh", I am not really awake yet.

You meant "Schuh" and Schuh meant "O'Keeffe" - two effs in the last
name. Or at least that's what IMDb offers as the spelling.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0641509/

Google also has a link to Brian's Drive-In:
http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/milesokeeffe.html

That link eventually shows an image of the December 1981 cover of
Muscular Development with Derek and O'Keeffe. He had a great physique
and apparently he's still working and has been working steadily as an
actor since he held Bo in his arms during the Tarzan flick.

Regardless, I wanted to comment on ranieri's post. You make the obvious
(and, yeah, humorous) remark, but there are countless people around -
okay, I suspect the countless part but *know* my individual reaction -
who can admire a great physique without being sexually attracted to
that physique. By way of example, I'd love to get my hands on Vanessa
Blue, but I wouldn't mind looking like a '70s Schwarzenegger while
chasing after her. ;o)

I've never been a big fan of Wayne DeMilia, but I'm almost certain
there's an editorial, commentary, interview around that offers a
DeMilia-offered spot-on report/opinion on the appeal of bodybuilding. I
wish I could find those words. Perhaps unrelated, but a cursory Google
offered this, however...

http://www.getbig.com/iview/demilia060413.htm

--
Curt

ranieri
September 9th 06, 03:32 PM
"Curt James" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Regardless, I wanted to comment on ranieri's post. You make the obvious
> (and, yeah, humorous) remark, but there are countless people around -
> okay, I suspect the countless part but *know* my individual reaction -
> who can admire a great physique without being sexually attracted to
> that physique. By way of example, I'd love to get my hands on Vanessa
> Blue, but I wouldn't mind looking like a '70s Schwarzenegger while
> chasing after her. ;o)
>
> I've never been a big fan of Wayne DeMilia, but I'm almost certain
> there's an editorial, commentary, interview around that offers a
> DeMilia-offered spot-on report/opinion on the appeal of bodybuilding. I
> wish I could find those words. Perhaps unrelated, but a cursory Google
> offered this, however...
>
> http://www.getbig.com/iview/demilia060413.htm

You're damn right it was humorous. I suppose you're right that one can
admire a great physique without being sexually attracted. (Not that there's
anything wrong with that). But the casual admiration thing sometimes seems
to morph into an obsession. Is it rooted in narcissism, inferiority, a
damaged relationship with one's father? I dunno.

Curt James
September 9th 06, 04:17 PM
ranieri wrote:
> "Curt James" wrote
>
> > <snip>You make the obvious (and, yeah, humorous)
> > remark, but there are countless people around - okay,
> > I suspect the countless part but *know* my individual
> > reaction - who can admire a great physique without
> > being sexually attracted to that physique. <snip>
>
> You're damn right

Of course and ALWAYS! Pass that on to Williams, would you?

> it was humorous. I suppose you're right that one can
> admire a great physique without being sexually attracted.
> (Not that there's anything wrong with that).

heh

> But the casual admiration thing sometimes seems to
> morph into an obsession. Is it rooted in narcissism, inferiority,
> a damaged relationship with one's father? I dunno.

Super strength, confidence, good looks, physical prowess, etc. will
always hold appeal. Just saw _Hollywoodland_, the George Reeves story.
Kids (and adults) will always find interest in characters like
Superman, The Lone Ranger, Hercules and more. Your explanations, I'm
sure, hold merit, however you're talking semantics when you begin to
attempt to define the line between casual admiration and obsession,
imo. I prefer to think the appeal has "Wow! Didja see that? How'd they
do that?" as its source.

--
Curt

JMW
September 9th 06, 09:44 PM
"ranieri" <not now> wrote:

>"Curt James" > wrote
>>
>> Regardless, I wanted to comment on ranieri's post. You make the obvious
>> (and, yeah, humorous) remark, but there are countless people around -
>> okay, I suspect the countless part but *know* my individual reaction -
>> who can admire a great physique without being sexually attracted to
>> that physique. By way of example, I'd love to get my hands on Vanessa
>> Blue, but I wouldn't mind looking like a '70s Schwarzenegger while
>> chasing after her. ;o)
>>
>> I've never been a big fan of Wayne DeMilia, but I'm almost certain
>> there's an editorial, commentary, interview around that offers a
>> DeMilia-offered spot-on report/opinion on the appeal of bodybuilding. I
>> wish I could find those words. Perhaps unrelated, but a cursory Google
>> offered this, however...
>>
>> http://www.getbig.com/iview/demilia060413.htm
>
>You're damn right it was humorous. I suppose you're right that one can
>admire a great physique without being sexually attracted. (Not that there's
>anything wrong with that). But the casual admiration thing sometimes seems
>to morph into an obsession. Is it rooted in narcissism, inferiority, a
>damaged relationship with one's father? I dunno.

I've never really understood the bodybuilder fanboy thing. No, it's
not necessarily gay. But I think there may be certain aspects of the
dysfunctionalities you mentioned.

Although I have always been interested in weight training and gaining
muscle, I have only purchased two BB mags (aka "muscle comix") in all
my life. That doesn't count the free copies of the now-defunct T-mag
that I got in the mail.

Curt James
September 9th 06, 10:12 PM
John Williams wrote:
> "ranieri" wrote:
> >"Curt James" wrote
> >>
> >> Regardless, I wanted to comment on ranieri's post. You make the obvious
> >> (and, yeah, humorous) remark, but there are countless people around -
> >> okay, I suspect the countless part but *know* my individual reaction -
> >> who can admire a great physique without being sexually attracted to
> >> that physique. <snip>
> >
> >You're damn right it was humorous. I suppose you're right that one can
> >admire a great physique without being sexually attracted. (Not that there's
> >anything wrong with that). But the casual admiration thing sometimes seems
> >to morph into an obsession. Is it rooted in narcissism, inferiority, a
> >damaged relationship with one's father? I dunno.
>
> I've never really understood

Is there really enough time to discuss all the things you don't
understand, John Williams?

> the bodybuilder fanboy thing.

How about the NASCAR fanboy and fangirl thing? Or attending any
football game with your face painted a particular team's colors? Never
watched an episode of Trump's show? I never have, but I can just
picture you screaming, "YOU'RE FIRED!" People admire winners. People
enjoy sports. People love art. Bodybuilding combines all three of those
statements which I believe are truisms not to be dismissed or denied
with a flippant "I've never really understood."

> No, it's not necessarily gay.

Ya think?

> But I think there may be certain aspects of the
> dysfunctionalities

There's such a thing as healthy narcissism. And a sense of inferiority
would be a good thing, imo, for those with an incredibly overinflated
concept of their own self-importance. Plus I suspect there are few on
this planet who have never suffered at least a small bit of damage in
their relationship with a father or father figure.

> you mentioned.

As I mentioned in my reply to ranieri's post, semantics can get dicey
when you attempt to define the difference between casual admiration and
obsession.

> Although I have always been interested in weight training and gaining
> muscle, I have only purchased two BB mags (aka "muscle comix") in all
> my life.

And?

You say that to say what?

Muscle comix? Lyman Dally does a great job with those as do other
illustrators and artists in the various bodybuilding mags.

> That doesn't count the free copies of the now-defunct T-mag
> that I got in the mail.

Again, what's your point in mentioning that tidbit? Oooh, you got free
stuff. Pfft.

You state that you've "always been interested in weight training and
gaining muscle" and so it shouldn't be such a stretch for you to
comprehend that the sport and/or art of bodybuilding offers a goal or a
specific focus in relation to that interest in weight training and
gaining muscle.

Shouldn't be, but apparently it is too far a stretch for you. Hey, no
loss for bodybuilding, imo. Enjoy your take on fitness and weights,
Williams. It's a big gym. ;o)

--
Curt