PDA

View Full Version : Gentleman of the car group...And Elder

AndrewP At Work
September 8th 06, 02:40 PM
What do you think of this website:-

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Could a 3 year old kid do a better job?

Your thoughts?

Guy King
September 8th 06, 04:36 PM
The message . com>
from "AndrewP At Work" > contains these words:

> Your thoughts?

I never like sites that have to have an instruction "Click XYZ to
enter". It should be obvious, never "clever". And anyway - why not put
what people want on the front page?

Why's the text on the front page all in CAPS? It's hard to read and
doesn't add anything.

COME INSIDE TO LEARN MORE AND, CHECK OUT THE PHOTO GALLERY doesn't need
the comma.

Inisde....

"The grain pattern is vertical" why not just "The grain is vertical"?

"giving you better sounding drums longer" Try "drums that sound better
for longer".

"These shells have exponentially less glue and more wood compared to a
ply shell." Exponentially just isn't the right word there. "Lots" would
be good.

Does "Current inventory" mean "What we have in stock" or "Current products"?

What does "We will always list items on this page." mean? Presumably if
you have no items to list - the page could be deleted.

"Keller Vintage shells and, we are now going to offer " lose the comma,
or at least put it before the and, not the we.

"We are offering the new Dunnett Throw off and butt, the Updated and
improved Nickel Drumworks throw off and the new , Ego Throw off." I'm
sure some of those words might deserve capitals, but if Throw, why not
off? If Updated, why not improved?

"As far as priceing goes, it's something like the following:" That's
"pricing".

Contact page - some people prefer to use a proper email client, so your
email address here would be nice, in addition to the webform.

The thumbnails on the gallery page are really well sized - makes a
change to see it done so well.

--
Skipweasel

Elder
September 8th 06, 06:09 PM
In article . com>,
says...
>What do you think of this website:-
>
>http://www.hardbopdrums.com/
>
>Could a 3 year old kid do a better job?
>
>Your thoughts?

I prefer chicken.
--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest

Guy King
September 8th 06, 06:26 PM
The message >
from Guy King > contains these words:

> Inisde....

Ooops!

--
Skipweasel

Pez D Spencer
September 8th 06, 06:43 PM
AndrewP At Work wrote:
> What do you think of this website:-
>
> http://www.hardbopdrums.com/
>
> Could a 3 year old kid do a better job?
>
> Your thoughts?

we get it, already! you have a crush on schuh. you're like a
second-grader that makes fun of a chick 'cause you wanna kiss her.
but, in this case, it's a guy.

David R
September 9th 06, 07:26 PM
"AndrewP At Work" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> What do you think of this website:-
>
> http://www.hardbopdrums.com/
>
> Could a 3 year old kid do a better job?
>
> Your thoughts?

I'm more interested in the fact you posted this pish to so many newsgroups.
Hopefully some lunatic will agree, and hunt you down. Excellent.

Robert Schuh
September 10th 06, 11:06 PM
AndrewP At Work wrote:

> What do you think of this website:-
>
> http://www.hardbopdrums.com/
>
> Could a 3 year old kid do a better job?
>
> Your thoughts?

I see I have a new troll. Tell me moron, what do you know about drums?
Why it is that I get nothing but compliments on the looks and sound of
my drums from professional drummers? Asshole.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Robert Schuh
September 10th 06, 11:07 PM

Get a life ****.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Guy King
September 10th 06, 11:29 PM
The message >
from Robert Schuh > contains these words:

> Get a life ****.

They were intended as reasonable comments on a site. What's wrong with
that? None of them were offensive, they were all relevant, and to my
mind accurate.

Which comments in particular didn't you like?

--
Skipweasel

ATP*
September 11th 06, 02:34 AM
"Robert Schuh" > wrote in message
> Guy King wrote:
>
>> The message . com>
>> from "AndrewP At Work" > contains these words:
>>
>> > Your thoughts?
>>
>> I never like sites that have to have an instruction "Click XYZ to
>> enter". It should be obvious, never "clever". And anyway - why not put
>> what people want on the front page?
>>
>> Why's the text on the front page all in CAPS? It's hard to read and
>> doesn't add anything.
>>
>> COME INSIDE TO LEARN MORE AND, CHECK OUT THE PHOTO GALLERY doesn't need
>> the comma.
>>
>> Inisde....
>>
>> "The grain pattern is vertical" why not just "The grain is vertical"?
>>
>> "giving you better sounding drums longer" Try "drums that sound better
>> for longer".
>>
>> "These shells have exponentially less glue and more wood compared to a
>> ply shell." Exponentially just isn't the right word there. "Lots" would
>> be good.
>>
>> Does "Current inventory" mean "What we have in stock" or "Current
>> products"?
>>
>> What does "We will always list items on this page." mean? Presumably if
>> you have no items to list - the page could be deleted.
>>
>> "Keller Vintage shells and, we are now going to offer " lose the comma,
>> or at least put it before the and, not the we.
>>
>> "We are offering the new Dunnett Throw off and butt, the Updated and
>> improved Nickel Drumworks throw off and the new , Ego Throw off." I'm
>> sure some of those words might deserve capitals, but if Throw, why not
>> off? If Updated, why not improved?
>>
>> "As far as priceing goes, it's something like the following:" That's
>> "pricing".
>>
>> Contact page - some people prefer to use a proper email client, so your
>> email address here would be nice, in addition to the webform.
>>
>> The thumbnails on the gallery page are really well sized - makes a
>> change to see it done so well.
>>
>> --
>> Skipweasel
>> Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
>
> Get a life ****.

You really need help, Rob. Fire the illiterate responsible for that web
page!

Curt James
September 11th 06, 03:33 AM
AndrewP At Work wrote:
> What do you think of this website:-
>
> http://www.hardbopdrums.com/
>
> Could a 3 year old kid do a better job?

Probably not.

> Your thoughts?

Thoughts, thoughts... okay:

1) The word AMAZING, imo, should not be underlined as it makes me (and
perhaps others) think it's a link.

2) The cat in the drum shell is cute enough. I like cats if I'm not so
crazy about 'bert at times.

3) The top and bottom recommendations to "click center of drum shell to
enter." is a nice touch as there are often website designers who simply
have the hidden button but FAIL to advise their visitors that there's a
HIDDEN FRIGGING BUTTON. You look at this single image and wonder,
something like, "Well, now what?"

Otoh, it's more like the top lip of the drum shell than the center,
imo. ;o)

4) I saw at least one typo. Big whoop.

5) The site is easy to navigate. It's plain, but I find that excessive
bells and whistles can be annoying to some people. I'm flexible on that
count and focus on the content while accepting how that content is
dished out. Schuh certainly has a lot of schtuff online and it seems as
if it serves his purposes well.

6) What do I think of his website? It's fine. Unlike you, you
cross-posting POS. ;o)

Spam I can handle, cross-posters are an issue. Ymmv, of course.

--
Curt

Curt James
September 11th 06, 03:37 AM
ATP* wrote:
[...]

re Robert Schuh's harpbopwhatever dot com

> You really need help, Rob. Fire the illiterate
> responsible for that web page!

Uh, but I thought 'bert did that web page by himself.

Oh.

Never mind.

--
Curt

Elder
September 11th 06, 07:54 AM
In article >,
says...
>AndrewP At Work wrote:
>
>> What do you think of this website:-
>>
>> http://www.hardbopdrums.com/
>>
>> Could a 3 year old kid do a better job?
>>
>> Your thoughts?
>
>I see I have a new troll. Tell me moron, what do you know about drums?
>Why it is that I get nothing but compliments on the looks and sound of
>my drums from professional drummers? Asshole.

Ignore him. It is Chris Stevens being "Ken in a different frock".

--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest
Homepage: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com

Robert Schuh
September 11th 06, 09:18 AM

There was no reason to post any of this inane bull**** in MFW.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Guy King
September 11th 06, 11:31 AM
The message >
from Robert Schuh > contains these words:

> There was no reason to post any of this inane bull**** in MFW.

I'm sorry you feel like that. I read the original post as a request for
an appraisal of a website - so I did. None of it was rude, most of it
was constructive, and it wasn't intended to offend.

You may have the hump with someone else, but I fail to see why you're
upset with me.

--
Skipweasel

Albert T Cone
September 11th 06, 01:50 PM
>> There was no reason to post any of this inane bull**** in MFW.
>
> I'm sorry you feel like that. I read the original post as a request for
> an appraisal of a website - so I did. None of it was rude, most of it
> was constructive, and it wasn't intended to offend.
>
> You may have the hump with someone else, but I fail to see why you're
> upset with me.

I think because it's his site and ken/chris the trollboy made the OP to
**** him off by having people poke at it.

Lordy.UK
September 11th 06, 06:36 PM
> There was no reason to post any of this inane bull**** in MFW.

There was just as much reason as there is any point in you whinging
about it.

HTH

--
Lordy.UK