PDA

View Full Version : Who is right?

Reg Guthrie Tipton Tourist Board
September 12th 06, 07:03 PM
I just read this guys website about bench pressing
http://www.deepsquatter.cock

He says that to build strength you must bench press quickly-slowly
builds muscle but not strength

however Pavels site says the opposite-although using bodyweight ,he
says for strength training do little reps and very slowly(tensing the
arms/chest/etc)
Who is right O enlightened ones

Hobbes
September 12th 06, 07:10 PM
In article . com>,
"Reg Guthrie Tipton Tourist Board" > wrote:

> I just read this guys website about bench pressing
> http://www.deepsquatter.cock
>
> He says that to build strength you must bench press quickly-slowly
> builds muscle but not strength
>
> however Pavels site says the opposite-although using bodyweight ,he
> says for strength training do little reps and very slowly(tensing the
> arms/chest/etc)
> Who is right O enlightened ones

Both of them.

You keep tension on the muscles and because of the very heavy resistance
you bench slowly. But you try and bench fast. You aren't trying to lift
slowly, even under Pavel's concept of muscular tension.

The 'speed bench' as an assistance exercise is intended to train a
myotatic stretch reflex, which increases your strength during the
amortization phase of the lift.

By lowering the weight very quickly you are creating momentum and hence
the brief muscular tension during the amortization phase is larger. When
you actually bench a 1RM you lower it slowly so you don't create
momentum.

They are really both saying much the same thing.

--
Keith

ATP*
September 13th 06, 01:49 AM
"Hobbes" > wrote in message
> In article . com>,
> "Reg Guthrie Tipton Tourist Board" > wrote:
>
>> I just read this guys website about bench pressing
>> http://www.deepsquatter.cock
>>
>> He says that to build strength you must bench press quickly-slowly
>> builds muscle but not strength
>>
>> however Pavels site says the opposite-although using bodyweight ,he
>> says for strength training do little reps and very slowly(tensing the
>> arms/chest/etc)
>> Who is right O enlightened ones
>>

> Both of them.
>
> You keep tension on the muscles and because of the very heavy resistance
> you bench slowly. But you try and bench fast. You aren't trying to lift
> slowly, even under Pavel's concept of muscular tension.
>
> The 'speed bench' as an assistance exercise is intended to train a
> myotatic stretch reflex, which increases your strength during the
> amortization phase of the lift.
>
> By lowering the weight very quickly you are creating momentum and hence
> the brief muscular tension during the amortization phase is larger. When
> you actually bench a 1RM you lower it slowly so you don't create
> momentum.
>
> They are really both saying much the same thing.
>
> --
> Keith

Except Pavel precedes it with Comrade! BTW, I didn't realize Jason was using
the coveted .cock domain extension.

Reg Guthrie Tipton Tourist Board
September 13th 06, 06:52 AM
ATP* wrote:
> "Hobbes" > wrote in message
> > In article . com>,
> > "Reg Guthrie Tipton Tourist Board" > wrote:
> >
> >> I just read this guys website about bench pressing
> >> http://www.deepsquatter.cock
> >>
> >> He says that to build strength you must bench press quickly-slowly
> >> builds muscle but not strength
> >>
> >> however Pavels site says the opposite-although using bodyweight ,he
> >> says for strength training do little reps and very slowly(tensing the
> >> arms/chest/etc)
> >> Who is right O enlightened ones
> >>

> > Both of them.
> >
> > You keep tension on the muscles and because of the very heavy resistance
> > you bench slowly. But you try and bench fast. You aren't trying to lift
> > slowly, even under Pavel's concept of muscular tension.
> >
> > The 'speed bench' as an assistance exercise is intended to train a
> > myotatic stretch reflex, which increases your strength during the
> > amortization phase of the lift.
> >
> > By lowering the weight very quickly you are creating momentum and hence
> > the brief muscular tension during the amortization phase is larger. When
> > you actually bench a 1RM you lower it slowly so you don't create
> > momentum.
> >
> > They are really both saying much the same thing.
> >
> > --
> > Keith
>
> Except Pavel precedes it with Comrade! BTW, I didn't realize Jason was using
> the coveted .cock domain extension.

Thanks guys-I believe the website is in the Cook Islands.