PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to love female bodybuilding...


Curt James
September 14th 06, 03:23 AM
http://www.rachellecannon.com/images/RLCMM04pic2.jpg

Good... God... almighty!

Or for those of a more secular bent on the premises, GREAT GOOGLY
MOOGLY!!!!

--
Curt

fish.
September 14th 06, 04:13 AM
In article . com>,
says...
> http://www.rachellecannon.com/images/RLCMM04pic2.jpg
>
> Good... God... almighty!
>
> Or for those of a more secular bent on the premises, GREAT GOOGLY
> MOOGLY!!!!
>
>


gouts and gouts of vomit.
--
"What's that got to do with my KNOB?"

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Kromagnon
September 14th 06, 05:08 AM
Curt James wrote:
> http://www.rachellecannon.com/images/RLCMM04pic2.jpg
>
> Good... God... almighty!
>
> Or for those of a more secular bent on the premises, GREAT
GOOGLY
> MOOGLY!!!!

View video at:
http://amaz0ns.com/niche-video/rachelle-cannon.html


K

oregonchick
September 14th 06, 03:29 PM
"Curt James" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> http://www.rachellecannon.com/images/RLCMM04pic2.jpg
>
> Good... God... almighty!
>
> Or for those of a more secular bent on the premises, GREAT GOOGLY
> MOOGLY!!!!
>
> --
> Curt

Is there any way to know her specifics, like how tall, how much she weighs
and her bodyfat%? Just for comparison... I mean, I know I'll never look
like that, but it's still fun to have an idea...

Betsy

joanne
September 14th 06, 04:53 PM
oregonchick wrote:
> Is there any way to know her specifics, like how tall, how much she weighs
> and her bodyfat%? Just for comparison... I mean, I know I'll never look
> like that, but it's still fun to have an idea...

Google is yr friend ...
She is 5ft 2 in and weighs btwn 123lb - 130lbs depending on what
website you look at about her (you can see the difference in
weight/bodyfat % in her various pics too). Remember she probably shreds
down to under 9% bodyfat for shows and probably stays at about 12%
(estimate) the rest of the time.
http://www.bodybuilders.com/rachcan.htm


joanne

oregonchick
September 14th 06, 06:11 PM
"joanne" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> oregonchick wrote:
>> Is there any way to know her specifics, like how tall, how much she
>> weighs
>> and her bodyfat%? Just for comparison... I mean, I know I'll never look
>> like that, but it's still fun to have an idea...
>
> Google is yr friend ...
> She is 5ft 2 in and weighs btwn 123lb - 130lbs depending on what
> website you look at about her (you can see the difference in
> weight/bodyfat % in her various pics too). Remember she probably shreds
> down to under 9% bodyfat for shows and probably stays at about 12%
> (estimate) the rest of the time.
> http://www.bodybuilders.com/rachcan.htm
>
>
> joanne

Wow. Just goes to show what a HUGE difference the bodyfat % makes. I'm
also around 5'2", weigh around 130, and I don't look like that!!!

Curt James
September 14th 06, 11:52 PM
oregonchick wrote:

re Rachelle Cannon

> "joanne" wrote
> > oregonchick wrote:
> >> Is there any way to know her specifics, like how tall,
> >> how much she weighs and her bodyfat%? Just for
> >> comparison... I mean, I know I'll never look like that,
> >> but it's still fun to have an idea...
> >
> > Google is yr friend ...

Absolutely! :o)

> > She is 5ft 2 in and weighs btwn 123lb - 130lbs depending
> > on what website you look at about her (you can see the
> > difference inweight/bodyfat % in her various pics too).
> > Remember she probably shreds down to under 9%
> > bodyfat for shows and probably stays at about 12%
> > (estimate) the rest of the time.
> > http://www.bodybuilders.com/rachcan.htm

That URL leads to a great interview of Cannon. She states, "One day in
1998, I woke up and realized that with my stature (short and muscular)
I would never have the body and the look of a model on the cover of all
the glam magazines (Cosmo, Elle, Glamour, etc.) no matter how hard I
tried with exercise and diet. That same day, I mentioned my
"revelation" to a co-worker and he asked me, "Why don't you get into
bodybuilding? You have a great physique for it." I laughed extremely
hard at him and said, "Yeah right!" I had so many misperceptions about
women who bodybuild, and it was bad enough that I already felt like I
looked too "masculine" with the size I did have."

Not sure when that bodybuilders.com interview was completed, but at
that time she was lifting for two years. Regardless, she mentions her
co-worker saying, "You have a great physique for it." That comment and
her opinion that she looked too masculine leads me to believe that she
already looked like a bodybuilder at the onset of her training.

Iirc, pro bodybuilder Eddie Robinson stated that he got into
bodybuilding because he LOOKED like a bodybuilder.

....

I look like a bowler. ;o) Nevertheless, I lub da arn! Lifting is fun
and although I echo oregonchick's sentiment, "I know I'll never look
like that," from a male perspective, bodybuilding is a great activity,
the best sport, and, yeah, hella fun!

Back to Cannon again. It's interesting to note that she was insecure
about her physical appearance until she became aware of the positive
view of her physique within the context of bodybuilding. Yet *another*
reason to love female bodybuilding - the positive affirmation of those
women with a naturally muscular-looking appearance, or... It's okay to
have muscles!

> > joanne
>
> Wow. Just goes to show what a HUGE difference the
> bodyfat % makes. I'm also around 5'2", weigh around 130,
> and I don't look like that!!!

Probably because the "look" comes from more than just a specific weight
and bodyfat %. Other variables include hip to waist difference, muscle
fiber composition, shoulder width, individual muscle lengths, joint
size, genetics in general, steroid use, training routine, diet and,
yes, fate, luck, or chance.

--
Curt

EatMe
September 15th 06, 12:00 AM
fish. wrote:
> In article . com>,
> says...
> > http://www.rachellecannon.com/images/RLCMM04pic2.jpg
> >
> > Good... God... almighty!
> >
> > Or for those of a more secular bent on the premises, GREAT GOOGLY
> > MOOGLY!!!!
> >
> >
>
>
> gouts and gouts of vomit.
> --
> "What's that got to do with my KNOB?"
>
> Bedknobs and Broomsticks\

Don't be shy.

Admitting you are gay is the first step on the road to Eternal Salvation

Curt James
September 15th 06, 12:11 AM
EatMe wrote:
> fish. wrote:
> > says...
> > > http://www.rachellecannon.com/images/RLCMM04pic2.jpg
> > >
> > > Good... God... almighty!
> > >
> > > Or for those of a more secular bent on the premises,
> > > GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY!!!!
> >
> > gouts and gouts of vomit.

Vomit? And gouts even. Yeesh. Well, to each his or her own, of course.

> Don't be shy.

Ain't dat da troof?!

> Admitting you are gay is the first step on the road
> to Eternal Salvation

I don't know about all that, but puking after laying eyes on Cannon's
delectable derriere would at least indicate...

(blink)

Well, a definite LACK of appreciation for Amazing Booty-ness!

--
Curt

Curt James
September 15th 06, 12:14 AM
Kromagnon wrote:
> Curt James wrote:
> > http://www.rachellecannon.com/images/RLCMM04pic2.jpg
> >
> > Good... God... almighty!
> >
> > Or for those of a more secular bent on the premises, GREAT
> GOOGLY
> > MOOGLY!!!!
>
> View video at:
> http://amaz0ns.com/niche-video/rachelle-cannon.html
>
>
> K

Awesome, K.

That's the same video (although a different URL) that Om supplied
elsewhere in this ng, btw. Thanks, therefore go to Om, for supplying
the initial link which spurred me to start this thread which, yeah,
circled back to his video. :o)

--
Curt

Richard
September 15th 06, 01:08 AM
Curt James wrote:
> EatMe wrote:
>> fish. wrote:
>>> says...
>>>> http://www.rachellecannon.com/images/RLCMM04pic2.jpg
>>>>
>>>> Good... God... almighty!
>>>>
>>>> Or for those of a more secular bent on the premises,
>>>> GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY!!!!
>>> gouts and gouts of vomit.
>
> Vomit? And gouts even. Yeesh. Well, to each his or her own, of course.
>
>> Don't be shy.
>
> Ain't dat da troof?!
>
>> Admitting you are gay is the first step on the road
>> to Eternal Salvation
>
> I don't know about all that, but puking after laying eyes on Cannon's
> delectable derriere would at least indicate...
>
> (blink)
>
> Well, a definite LACK of appreciation for Amazing Booty-ness!
>

That's no **** bro'.

I'm thinking the home' is just some kind of jealous Bee yotch who is
envious of the smackdown laid upon his unworthy head.

Richard

Richard
September 15th 06, 01:11 AM
Curt James wrote:
> oregonchick wrote:
>
> re Rachelle Cannon
>
>> "joanne" wrote
>>> oregonchick wrote:
>>>> Is there any way to know her specifics, like how tall,
>>>> how much she weighs and her bodyfat%? Just for
>>>> comparison... I mean, I know I'll never look like that,
>>>> but it's still fun to have an idea...
>>> Google is yr friend ...
>
> Absolutely! :o)
>
>>> She is 5ft 2 in and weighs btwn 123lb - 130lbs depending
>>> on what website you look at about her (you can see the
>>> difference inweight/bodyfat % in her various pics too).
>>> Remember she probably shreds down to under 9%
>>> bodyfat for shows and probably stays at about 12%
>>> (estimate) the rest of the time.
>>> http://www.bodybuilders.com/rachcan.htm
>
> That URL leads to a great interview of Cannon. She states, "One day in
> 1998, I woke up and realized that with my stature (short and muscular)
> I would never have the body and the look of a model on the cover of all
> the glam magazines (Cosmo, Elle, Glamour, etc.) no matter how hard I
> tried with exercise and diet. That same day, I mentioned my
> "revelation" to a co-worker and he asked me, "Why don't you get into
> bodybuilding? You have a great physique for it." I laughed extremely
> hard at him and said, "Yeah right!" I had so many misperceptions about
> women who bodybuild, and it was bad enough that I already felt like I
> looked too "masculine" with the size I did have."
>
> Not sure when that bodybuilders.com interview was completed, but at
> that time she was lifting for two years. Regardless, she mentions her
> co-worker saying, "You have a great physique for it." That comment and
> her opinion that she looked too masculine leads me to believe that she
> already looked like a bodybuilder at the onset of her training.
>
> Iirc, pro bodybuilder Eddie Robinson stated that he got into
> bodybuilding because he LOOKED like a bodybuilder.
>
> ...
>
> I look like a bowler. ;o) Nevertheless, I lub da arn! Lifting is fun
> and although I echo oregonchick's sentiment, "I know I'll never look
> like that," from a male perspective, bodybuilding is a great activity,
> the best sport, and, yeah, hella fun!
>
> Back to Cannon again. It's interesting to note that she was insecure
> about her physical appearance until she became aware of the positive
> view of her physique within the context of bodybuilding. Yet *another*
> reason to love female bodybuilding - the positive affirmation of those
> women with a naturally muscular-looking appearance, or... It's okay to
> have muscles!
>
>>> joanne
>> Wow. Just goes to show what a HUGE difference the
>> bodyfat % makes. I'm also around 5'2", weigh around 130,
>> and I don't look like that!!!
>
> Probably because the "look" comes from more than just a specific weight
> and bodyfat %. Other variables include hip to waist difference, muscle
> fiber composition, shoulder width, individual muscle lengths, joint
> size, genetics in general, steroid use, training routine, diet and,
> yes, fate, luck, or chance.
>

From a guys perspective on that same issue (apologies Curt as I know
you're the tall lean kind) I'm 5-7 and weigh approx 175 without
attention beyond weights 3x wk. Ripped (not shredded) to 8-9% BF I'm
158-160lbs. This in 2001 at age 42. But it felt really odd to be that
lean FWIW.

Richard

Curt James
September 15th 06, 01:49 AM
Richard wrote:
> Curt James wrote:
> > oregonchick wrote:
[...]

re Rachelle Cannon and http://www.bodybuilders.com/rachcan.htm

> >> Wow. Just goes to show what a HUGE difference the
> >> bodyfat % makes. I'm also around 5'2", weigh around 130,
> >> and I don't look like that!!!
> >
> > Probably because the "look" comes from more than just a specific weight
> > and bodyfat %. Other variables include hip to waist difference, muscle
> > fiber composition, shoulder width, individual muscle lengths, joint
> > size, genetics in general, steroid use, training routine, diet and,
> > yes, fate, luck, or chance.
> >
>
> From a guys perspective on that same issue (apologies Curt

Apologies Curt??? Apologies... Curt???!!!! Richard, Richard, Richard, I
just don't think you have a future in MFW, pal. ;o)

But, hey, appreciated. Truly.

> as I know you're the tall lean kind)

And guilty as charged... "tall lean kind" being a euphemism for 6'1"
and 185 pounds of stick man.

> I'm 5-7 and weigh approx 175 without attention beyond weights
> 3x wk.

Just DON'T tell me you have 17-inch calves or I'm putting you RIGHT
NEXT to Jason Earl on my Those Most Hated list!!! ;o)

Just kidding and regardless of your calf measurement, I have resigned
myself to having been put on this Earth to make you and the rest of the
bodybuilding-looking mofos actually look bigger than you would if
EVERYONE was built like a bodybuilder. Heck, without skinny guys, well,
Ronnie Coleman, would look... normal, right? It's all relative. Gotta
have the stick people to make the muscular people look big by
comparison!

> Ripped (not shredded) to 8-9% BF I'm 158-160lbs.

The guy at Gold's offered me an Omnisomething reading of 15 or so%,
iirc. I've definitely been leaner and, yeah, most certainly skinnier.

> This in 2001 at age 42. But it felt really odd to be that
> lean FWIW.

I was moving towards skinny-fat until MFW motivated me to hit the gym
again. I'm currently working toward my goal of being the biggest skinny
guy in the gym.

> Richard

--
Curt

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 15th 06, 03:02 AM
In article . com>,
"Curt James" > wrote:

> Kromagnon wrote:
> > Curt James wrote:
> > > http://www.rachellecannon.com/images/RLCMM04pic2.jpg
> > >
> > > Good... God... almighty!
> > >
> > > Or for those of a more secular bent on the premises, GREAT
> > GOOGLY
> > > MOOGLY!!!!
> >
> > View video at:
> > http://amaz0ns.com/niche-video/rachelle-cannon.html
> >
> >
> > K
>
> Awesome, K.
>
> That's the same video (although a different URL) that Om supplied
> elsewhere in this ng, btw. Thanks, therefore go to Om, for supplying
> the initial link which spurred me to start this thread which, yeah,
> circled back to his video. :o)

:-)
--
Peace!
Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch"
-- Jack Nicholson

Curt James
September 15th 06, 04:04 AM
fish. wrote:
> says...

> > http://www.rachellecannon.com/images/RLCMM04pic2.jpg
> >
> > Good... God... almighty!
> >
> > Or for those of a more secular bent on the premises,
> > GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY!!!!
>
> gouts and gouts of vomit.

One more chance, fish. :o)

http://www.dcbodybuilding.com/2004show/101604/rachelle-004.jpg

--
Curt

David
September 15th 06, 10:10 AM
"oregonchick" > wrote in message
. ..
>
> "joanne" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> oregonchick wrote:
>>> Is there any way to know her specifics, like how tall, how much she
>>> weighs
>>> and her bodyfat%? Just for comparison... I mean, I know I'll never
>>> look
>>> like that, but it's still fun to have an idea...
>>
>> Google is yr friend ...
>> She is 5ft 2 in and weighs btwn 123lb - 130lbs depending on what
>> website you look at about her (you can see the difference in
>> weight/bodyfat % in her various pics too). Remember she probably shreds
>> down to under 9% bodyfat for shows and probably stays at about 12%
>> (estimate) the rest of the time.
>> http://www.bodybuilders.com/rachcan.htm
>>
>>
>> joanne
>
> Wow. Just goes to show what a HUGE difference the bodyfat % makes. I'm
> also around 5'2", weigh around 130, and I don't look like that!!!
You mean you look even *better* than that??

jimmy
September 16th 06, 02:48 AM
yeah that dude's back sure is looking pretty buff

why not just send her fan mail instead of publicly drooling?


EatMe wrote:
> fish. wrote:
> > In article . com>,
> > says...
> > > http://www.rachellecannon.com/images/RLCMM04pic2.jpg
> > >
> > > Good... God... almighty!
> > >
> > > Or for those of a more secular bent on the premises, GREAT GOOGLY
> > > MOOGLY!!!!
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > gouts and gouts of vomit.
> > --
> > "What's that got to do with my KNOB?"
> >
> > Bedknobs and Broomsticks\
>
> Don't be shy.
>
> Admitting you are gay is the first step on the road to Eternal Salvation

Richard
September 17th 06, 01:17 PM
Curt James wrote:
> Richard wrote:
>> Curt James wrote:
>>> oregonchick wrote:
> [...]
>
> re Rachelle Cannon and http://www.bodybuilders.com/rachcan.htm
>
>>>> Wow. Just goes to show what a HUGE difference the
>>>> bodyfat % makes. I'm also around 5'2", weigh around 130,
>>>> and I don't look like that!!!
>>> Probably because the "look" comes from more than just a specific weight
>>> and bodyfat %. Other variables include hip to waist difference, muscle
>>> fiber composition, shoulder width, individual muscle lengths, joint
>>> size, genetics in general, steroid use, training routine, diet and,
>>> yes, fate, luck, or chance.
>>>
>> From a guys perspective on that same issue (apologies Curt
>
> Apologies Curt??? Apologies... Curt???!!!! Richard, Richard, Richard, I
> just don't think you have a future in MFW, pal. ;o)
>
> But, hey, appreciated. Truly.
>
>> as I know you're the tall lean kind)
>
> And guilty as charged... "tall lean kind" being a euphemism for 6'1"
> and 185 pounds of stick man.
>
>> I'm 5-7 and weigh approx 175 without attention beyond weights
>> 3x wk.
>
> Just DON'T tell me you have 17-inch calves or I'm putting you RIGHT
> NEXT to Jason Earl on my Those Most Hated list!!! ;o)
>
> Just kidding and regardless of your calf measurement, I have resigned
> myself to having been put on this Earth to make you and the rest of the
> bodybuilding-looking mofos actually look bigger than you would if
> EVERYONE was built like a bodybuilder. Heck, without skinny guys, well,
> Ronnie Coleman, would look... normal, right? It's all relative. Gotta
> have the stick people to make the muscular people look big by
> comparison!
>
>> Ripped (not shredded) to 8-9% BF I'm 158-160lbs.
>
> The guy at Gold's offered me an Omnisomething reading of 15 or so%,
> iirc. I've definitely been leaner and, yeah, most certainly skinnier.
>
>> This in 2001 at age 42. But it felt really odd to be that
>> lean FWIW.
>
> I was moving towards skinny-fat until MFW motivated me to hit the gym
> again. I'm currently working toward my goal of being the biggest skinny
> guy in the gym.
>
>> Richard
>

Nah, no 17" calves or biceps here. <g> I went about it totally wrong
in 2000-01 and wasn't lifting at the start and then overdid the cardio
and diet restrictions. This time at 11-12% biceps and calves are both
15.25, right forearm at 12.5, right wrist (for comparison) at 7.25
circumference. Thighs at 21.5, waist 32, chest 43.

A maintainable amount of muscle mass; I'd go heavy but it seems to
invoke a reaction that results in tendonosis/itis, especially with the
shouldersm, dammit.

Curt James
September 17th 06, 01:49 PM
Richard wrote:
> Curt James wrote:
> > Richard wrote:
> >> Curt James wrote:
> >>> oregonchick wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > re Rachelle Cannon and http://www.bodybuilders.com/rachcan.htm
> >
> >>>> Wow. Just goes to show what a HUGE difference the
> >>>> bodyfat % makes. I'm also around 5'2", weigh around 130,
> >>>> and I don't look like that!!!
> >>> Probably because the "look" comes from more than just a specific weight
> >>> and bodyfat %. Other variables include hip to waist difference, muscle
> >>> fiber composition, shoulder width, individual muscle lengths, joint
> >>> size, genetics in general, steroid use, training routine, diet and,
> >>> yes, fate, luck, or chance.
> >>>
> >> From a guys perspective on that same issue (apologies Curt
> >
> > Apologies Curt??? Apologies... Curt???!!!! Richard, Richard, Richard, I
> > just don't think you have a future in MFW, pal. ;o)
> >
> > But, hey, appreciated. Truly.
> >
> >> as I know you're the tall lean kind)
> >
> > And guilty as charged... "tall lean kind" being a euphemism for 6'1"
> > and 185 pounds of stick man.
> >
> >> I'm 5-7 and weigh approx 175 without attention beyond weights
> >> 3x wk.
> >
> > Just DON'T tell me you have 17-inch calves or I'm putting you RIGHT
> > NEXT to Jason Earl on my Those Most Hated list!!! ;o)
> >
> > Just kidding and regardless of your calf measurement, I have resigned
> > myself to having been put on this Earth to make you and the rest of the
> > bodybuilding-looking mofos actually look bigger than you would if
> > EVERYONE was built like a bodybuilder. Heck, without skinny guys, well,
> > Ronnie Coleman, would look... normal, right? It's all relative. Gotta
> > have the stick people to make the muscular people look big by
> > comparison!
> >
> >> Ripped (not shredded) to 8-9% BF I'm 158-160lbs.
> >
> > The guy at Gold's offered me an Omnisomething reading of 15 or so%,
> > iirc. I've definitely been leaner and, yeah, most certainly skinnier.
> >
> >> This in 2001 at age 42. But it felt really odd to be that
> >> lean FWIW.
> >
> > I was moving towards skinny-fat until MFW motivated me to hit the gym
> > again. I'm currently working toward my goal of being the biggest skinny
> > guy in the gym.
> >
> >> Richard
> >
>
> Nah, no 17" calves or biceps here. <g> I went about it totally wrong
> in 2000-01 and wasn't lifting at the start and then overdid the cardio
> and diet restrictions. This time at 11-12% biceps and calves are both
> 15.25, right forearm at 12.5, right wrist (for comparison) at 7.25
> circumference. Thighs at 21.5, waist 32, chest 43.

Well, with those measurements at 5'7" you look hella more like a
bodybuilder than I do right now.

Hmm.

Heck, that's reason enough to add you to my Those Mosted Hated list!
:o)

> A maintainable amount of muscle mass; I'd go heavy but it seems to
> invoke a reaction that results in tendonosis/itis, especially with the
> shouldersm, dammit.

I just picked up _The 7-Minute Rotator Cuff Solution_ at the local
library. They had to transfer it in from parts unknown (okay, they're
known, I just forget which library it was). David Cohen recommended it
in another post found elsewhere in MFW. Might find some info in that
thread if you choose to Google.

--
Curt

Richard
September 17th 06, 03:45 PM
Curt James wrote:
> Richard wrote:
>> Curt James wrote:
>>> Richard wrote:
>>>> Curt James wrote:
>>>>> oregonchick wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> re Rachelle Cannon and http://www.bodybuilders.com/rachcan.htm
>>>
>>>>>> Wow. Just goes to show what a HUGE difference the
>>>>>> bodyfat % makes. I'm also around 5'2", weigh around 130,
>>>>>> and I don't look like that!!!
>>>>> Probably because the "look" comes from more than just a specific weight
>>>>> and bodyfat %. Other variables include hip to waist difference, muscle
>>>>> fiber composition, shoulder width, individual muscle lengths, joint
>>>>> size, genetics in general, steroid use, training routine, diet and,
>>>>> yes, fate, luck, or chance.
>>>>>
>>>> From a guys perspective on that same issue (apologies Curt
>>> Apologies Curt??? Apologies... Curt???!!!! Richard, Richard, Richard, I
>>> just don't think you have a future in MFW, pal. ;o)
>>>
>>> But, hey, appreciated. Truly.
>>>
>>>> as I know you're the tall lean kind)
>>> And guilty as charged... "tall lean kind" being a euphemism for 6'1"
>>> and 185 pounds of stick man.
>>>
>>>> I'm 5-7 and weigh approx 175 without attention beyond weights
>>>> 3x wk.
>>> Just DON'T tell me you have 17-inch calves or I'm putting you RIGHT
>>> NEXT to Jason Earl on my Those Most Hated list!!! ;o)
>>>
>>> Just kidding and regardless of your calf measurement, I have resigned
>>> myself to having been put on this Earth to make you and the rest of the
>>> bodybuilding-looking mofos actually look bigger than you would if
>>> EVERYONE was built like a bodybuilder. Heck, without skinny guys, well,
>>> Ronnie Coleman, would look... normal, right? It's all relative. Gotta
>>> have the stick people to make the muscular people look big by
>>> comparison!
>>>
>>>> Ripped (not shredded) to 8-9% BF I'm 158-160lbs.
>>> The guy at Gold's offered me an Omnisomething reading of 15 or so%,
>>> iirc. I've definitely been leaner and, yeah, most certainly skinnier.
>>>
>>>> This in 2001 at age 42. But it felt really odd to be that
>>>> lean FWIW.
>>> I was moving towards skinny-fat until MFW motivated me to hit the gym
>>> again. I'm currently working toward my goal of being the biggest skinny
>>> guy in the gym.
>>>
>>>> Richard
>> Nah, no 17" calves or biceps here. <g> I went about it totally wrong
>> in 2000-01 and wasn't lifting at the start and then overdid the cardio
>> and diet restrictions. This time at 11-12% biceps and calves are both
>> 15.25, right forearm at 12.5, right wrist (for comparison) at 7.25
>> circumference. Thighs at 21.5, waist 32, chest 43.
>
> Well, with those measurements at 5'7" you look hella more like a
> bodybuilder than I do right now.
>
> Hmm.
>
> Heck, that's reason enough to add you to my Those Mosted Hated list!
> :o)
>
>> A maintainable amount of muscle mass; I'd go heavy but it seems to
>> invoke a reaction that results in tendonosis/itis, especially with the
>> shouldersm, dammit.
>
> I just picked up _The 7-Minute Rotator Cuff Solution_ at the local
> library. They had to transfer it in from parts unknown (okay, they're
> known, I just forget which library it was). David Cohen recommended it
> in another post found elsewhere in MFW. Might find some info in that
> thread if you choose to Google.
>


Yeah, I got that book about a month ago and it has helped a little and
seems to have improved size and definition of my shoulders but I still
try to flat bench (medium width grip)and that may be a contributor to
pain (duh). Back in '02 I went for 300# on the bench and made it- 305,
but my shoulders were giving me **** then too, I just went "through the
pain". Now I'm not playing that game no mo'. I may just have to go in
for an ultrasound and find out specifically what's wrong. Right now any
right hand overhand motion hurts as does raising the hand in a "stop!"
motion. PIA, er, shoulder, dammit. Yeah, I'm using naproxyn, not much
diff.

Richard

Curt James
September 18th 06, 03:00 AM
Richard wrote:
[...]

re The 7-Minute Rotator Cuff Solution

> Yeah, I got that book about a month ago and it has helped a little and
> seems to have improved size and definition of my shoulders but I still
> try to flat bench (medium width grip)and that may be a contributor to
> pain (duh). Back in '02 I went for 300# on the bench and made it- 305,
> but my shoulders were giving me **** then too, I just went "through the
> pain". Now I'm not playing that game no mo'. I may just have to go in
> for an ultrasound and find out specifically what's wrong. Right now any
> right hand overhand motion hurts as does raising the hand in a "stop!"
> motion. PIA, er, shoulder, dammit.

Fortunately, (well, for me anyway) my pain - if I can really call it
that - sounds like nothing in comparison to yours.

I'd be curious what an ultrasound would show.

> Yeah, I'm using naproxyn, not much diff.

(Googles)

Wishing you pain relief, of course, Richard.

> Richard

--
Curt

Curt James
September 18th 06, 04:53 AM
Joe Humble wrote:
> "Curt James" wrote:
> >Richard wrote:
[...]

> >> as I know you're the tall lean kind)
> >
> >And guilty as charged... "tall lean kind" being a euphemism
> >for 6'1" and 185 pounds of stick man.
>
> A friend of mine has a friend who is 6'3 and 135 lbs. I have never
> met him yet so I almost don't believe it. He have to be just bones
> and tendons.

Wile E. Coyote says ectomorphus extremus! And although I've never met
him either, I've seen people just as skinny as the friend of a friend
you mention here.

I'm no Mr. Universe, but I'm also no Mr. *P*universe either,
thankfully. See: http://www.klbjfm.com/Details.aspx?ID=9479
http://www.shanntastic.com/archives/2006/06/mr_puniverse.html

Zoinks!

--
Curt

Richard
September 19th 06, 12:50 AM
Curt James wrote:
> Richard wrote:
> [...]
>
> re The 7-Minute Rotator Cuff Solution
>
>> Yeah, I got that book about a month ago and it has helped a little and
>> seems to have improved size and definition of my shoulders but I still
>> try to flat bench (medium width grip)and that may be a contributor to
>> pain (duh). Back in '02 I went for 300# on the bench and made it- 305,
>> but my shoulders were giving me **** then too, I just went "through the
>> pain". Now I'm not playing that game no mo'. I may just have to go in
>> for an ultrasound and find out specifically what's wrong. Right now any
>> right hand overhand motion hurts as does raising the hand in a "stop!"
>> motion. PIA, er, shoulder, dammit.
>
> Fortunately, (well, for me anyway) my pain - if I can really call it
> that - sounds like nothing in comparison to yours.
>
> I'd be curious what an ultrasound would show.
>
>> Yeah, I'm using naproxyn, not much diff.
>
> (Googles)
>
> Wishing you pain relief, of course, Richard.
>
>> Richard
>

I was once a Jedi like your father...before I went to the dark side and
embraced the power of strength training. Nah- my shoulder hurt before
that just not as much. Sigh. I was good at the bench...I coulda been a
contender and my deadlift weight never got close to that 305 bench
either, hell, my squat is only 225 (Parallel, not deep and none of that
flex your knees silliness either). I just wish I could throw a ball
without wanting to scream. Perhaps I'll go fulltime and get real
insurance...then satisfy my need to know what's wrong with the damned
thing. I hate not knowing and shooting blindly in the dark. I can do
upright rows to nipple level without any pain...but no overhead
work...and lat pulldowns behind the neck also hurt. Weird thing is the
pain "refers" down along the humerous(?)/upper arm bone and feels like
it's right between it and the tricep- skullcrushers can make it hurt. Go
figger.

Use the book Curt. I was surprised how heavy 10# is on a lateral raise
with a straight arm...and how your elbow feels after. Likewise the
"lying flys" will also show you new places to be sore...and that's all
to the good. I can see the difference in the shoulders. And you're
working the external rotators and that's good.

Curt James
September 19th 06, 12:56 AM
Richard wrote:
[...]

> I was once a Jedi like your father...before I went to the dark side and
> embraced the power of strength training. Nah- my shoulder hurt before
> that just not as much. Sigh.

Hang in there, Obi-wan. :o(

> I was good at the bench...I coulda been a contender and my deadlift
> weight never got close to that 305 bench either, hell, my squat is
> only 225 (Parallel, not deep and none of that flex your knees silliness
> either). I just wish I could throw a ball without wanting to scream.

Booooo on the scream stuff.

[...]

re _The 7-Minute Rotator Cuff Solution_

> Use the book Curt.

Will do.

> I was surprised how heavy 10# is on a lateral raise with a straight
> arm...and how your elbow feels after. Likewise the "lying flys" will
> also show you new places to be sore...and that's all to the good.
> I can see the difference in the shoulders. And you're working the
> external rotators and that's good.

Appreciate the input.

--
Curt