PDA

View Full Version : Supplement reference books

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 14th 06, 06:59 PM
I'm rather a fan of Earl Mindell.

He's not 100% right all the time but I've found him to be right most of
the time when it seems to really count. For one instance, my next door
neighbor is finally free of psoriasis on her face based on his
recommendations, a trick her dermatologist never managed to pull off.....

This one has also been an excellent source of information:

http://tinyurl.com/q8abg

Since I'm always up for continuing education, does anyone else have any
recommendations for reading materials?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

JMW
September 14th 06, 07:16 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:

>I'm rather a fan of Earl Mindell.
>
>He's not 100% right all the time but I've found him to be right most of
>the time when it seems to really count. For one instance, my next door
>neighbor is finally free of psoriasis on her face based on his
>recommendations, a trick her dermatologist never managed to pull off.....
>
>This one has also been an excellent source of information:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/q8abg
>
>Since I'm always up for continuing education, does anyone else have any
>recommendations for reading materials?

Alternative medicine is OK if one does not become too obsessed with
"herbology" and "all-natural" cures. The real magic is not whether a
given therapy is "natural," but rather, whether it presents a solution
that is more effective. For instance, not all home rememdies are
"natural" or herbal. Did you know that one study showed duct tape
occlusion to be more effective at removing warts than cryotherapy?
(Focht DR 3rd, Spicer C, Fairchok MP. The efficacy of duct tape vs
cryotherapy in the treatment of verruca vulgaris [the common wart].
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2002 Oct;156(10):971-4.)

That one really ****ed off the dermatologists.

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 14th 06, 07:31 PM
In article >,
JMW > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>
> >I'm rather a fan of Earl Mindell.
> >
> >He's not 100% right all the time but I've found him to be right most of
> >the time when it seems to really count. For one instance, my next door
> >neighbor is finally free of psoriasis on her face based on his
> >recommendations, a trick her dermatologist never managed to pull off.....
> >
> >This one has also been an excellent source of information:
> >
> >http://tinyurl.com/q8abg
> >
> >Since I'm always up for continuing education, does anyone else have any
> >recommendations for reading materials?
>
> Alternative medicine is OK if one does not become too obsessed with
> "herbology" and "all-natural" cures. The real magic is not whether a
> given therapy is "natural," but rather, whether it presents a solution
> that is more effective.

<lol> I know exactly what you mean...
I've personally found tho' that in many cases, many _chronic_ health
problems are best treated nutritionally. It tends to have fewer negative
side effects.

I'm no disciple of being anti-allopathy. I know better.
But sometimes.........

I know that in Mellisa's case, the mix of L-Cystine and L-Lysine fixed
her psoriasis and Prednisone never helped. Prednisone has horrible long
term side effects.

A balance has to be found sometimes, and the vast majority of doctors
know Jack squat about alternative therapies. I'm blessed with an
Endocrinologist that likes to balance the two, and takes the trouble to
do her research or talk to other Doctors that have already done it.

> For instance, not all home rememdies are
> "natural" or herbal. Did you know that one study showed duct tape
> occlusion to be more effective at removing warts than cryotherapy?
> (Focht DR 3rd, Spicer C, Fairchok MP. The efficacy of duct tape vs
> cryotherapy in the treatment of verruca vulgaris [the common wart].
> Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2002 Oct;156(10):971-4.)
>
> That one really ****ed off the dermatologists.

;-) Thanks for that! I had no idea...
That's too funny.

So, any reliable book recommendations?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Jason Earl
September 14th 06, 07:49 PM
JMW > writes:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>
>>I'm rather a fan of Earl Mindell.
>>
>>He's not 100% right all the time but I've found him to be right most of
>>the time when it seems to really count. For one instance, my next door
>>neighbor is finally free of psoriasis on her face based on his
>>recommendations, a trick her dermatologist never managed to pull off.....
>>
>>This one has also been an excellent source of information:
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/q8abg
>>
>>Since I'm always up for continuing education, does anyone else have
>>any recommendations for reading materials?
>
> Alternative medicine is OK if one does not become too obsessed with
> "herbology" and "all-natural" cures. The real magic is not whether
> a given therapy is "natural," but rather, whether it presents a
> solution that is more effective. For instance, not all home
> rememdies are "natural" or herbal. Did you know that one study
> showed duct tape occlusion to be more effective at removing warts
> than cryotherapy? (Focht DR 3rd, Spicer C, Fairchok MP. The
> efficacy of duct tape vs cryotherapy in the treatment of verruca
> vulgaris [the common wart]. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2002
> Oct;156(10):971-4.)
>
> That one really ****ed off the dermatologists.

Duct tape is magical. If the alternative medicine folks had more
cures centered around duct tape I probably wouldn't be quite as
cynical. Instead they seem to be caught up with magnets and sticking
stuff up your bum.

Jason

Lee Michaels
September 15th 06, 03:00 AM
"JMW" wrote

> Alternative medicine is OK if one does not become too obsessed with
> "herbology" and "all-natural" cures. The real magic is not whether a
> given therapy is "natural," but rather, whether it presents a solution
> that is more effective. For instance, not all home rememdies are
> "natural" or herbal. Did you know that one study showed duct tape
> occlusion to be more effective at removing warts than cryotherapy?
> (Focht DR 3rd, Spicer C, Fairchok MP. The efficacy of duct tape vs
> cryotherapy in the treatment of verruca vulgaris [the common wart].
> Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2002 Oct;156(10):971-4.)
>
> That one really ****ed off the dermatologists.

But it would have inspired Red Green!!