PDA

View Full Version : Exercises to shrink gut?

The Litwaks
September 15th 06, 06:25 AM
My belly, though I'm a guy, looks like I'm in my ninth month. I
want it to get smaller. I'm doing some ab-related exercises, both on
the mat and on machines but so far, no change. I asked a trainer at my
health club for advice and he said the bulge isn't fat (huh?) but scar
tissue and what I need is a personal trainer to work me harder to break
down the scar tissue. I can work myself hard, thank you. I just need
to know what to do. I do thin, however, in fact, that it is fat, not
scar tissue. It needs to be burned, not broken down. Why would it be
scar tissue? Scars from what? Thanks.

Kettlebell Inc
September 15th 06, 01:25 PM
The Litwaks wrote:
> My belly, though I'm a guy, looks like I'm in my ninth month. I
> want it to get smaller. I'm doing some ab-related exercises, both on
> the mat and on machines but so far, no change. I asked a trainer at my
> health club for advice and he said the bulge isn't fat (huh?) but scar
> tissue and what I need is a personal trainer to work me harder to break
> down the scar tissue. I can work myself hard, thank you. I just need
> to know what to do. I do thin, however, in fact, that it is fat, not
> scar tissue. It needs to be burned, not broken down. Why would it be
> scar tissue? Scars from what? Thanks.

Sounds like the trainer was doing some marketing... bad marketing...
;-)

Some people carry more of their belly fat over their abdominal muscles,
jelly belly type, and some carry more under their abdominal muscles,
big hard belly types. From what you describe, you have a big, hard
belly. But fat is fat, and the only way to lose fat is by altering
your diet and doing fat burning type exercises. Doing ab exercises
will NOT make you lose fat around your abs. You can't lose fat from a
specific spot on your body, you have to lose fat overall. I would
recommend strength endurance type exercises.

What is your diet like?

John
http://www.kettlebellinc.com

Steve Freides
September 15th 06, 03:15 PM
"The Litwaks" > wrote in message
> My belly, though I'm a guy, looks like I'm in my ninth month. I
> want it to get smaller. I'm doing some ab-related exercises, both on
> the mat and on machines but so far, no change. I asked a trainer at
> my health club for advice and he said the bulge isn't fat (huh?) but
> scar tissue and what I need is a personal trainer to work me harder to
> break down the scar tissue. I can work myself hard, thank you. I
> just need to know what to do. I do thin, however, in fact, that it is
> fat, not scar tissue. It needs to be burned, not broken down. Why
> would it be scar tissue? Scars from what? Thanks.

Pushing yourself away from the table is the best waist-reducing
exercise. :) All kidding aside, losing bodyfat is mostly about diet for
most people most of the time. There are many diet plans out there, all
of which work if you follow them, so do some web searches, talk to some
people, and figure out a way to try and manage your food intake. There
are calorie-tracking web sites like fitday.com you can use if you think
that will help you.

In the meantime, find yourself a different trainer.

Just my opinion.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Jason Earl
September 15th 06, 03:19 PM
The Litwaks > writes:

> My belly, though I'm a guy, looks like I'm in my ninth month. I
> want it to get smaller. I'm doing some ab-related exercises, both on
> the mat and on machines but so far, no change.

I hate to break this to you, but there is no real way to "spot reduce"
fat. The only way to get rid of it is to lower your overall body fat
levels. I also tend to carry my fat in my abdomen. Where you carry
fat is genetic.

> I asked a trainer at my health club for advice and he said the bulge
> isn't fat (huh?) but scar tissue and what I need is a personal
> trainer to work me harder to break down the scar tissue.

That's crap. You need to stop talking to the personal trainers at
your gym. They are clearly insane. My guess is that this guy
actually crushes his skull doing skullcrushers.

> I can work myself hard, thank you. I just need to know what to do.
> I do thin, however, in fact, that it is fat, not scar tissue. It
> needs to be burned, not broken down. Why would it be scar tissue?
> Scars from what? Thanks.

It's not scars, it is fat, and the best way to lose fat is to buckle
down on your diet. Exercise helps, and strength training in
particular is crucial to help guarantee that your weight doesn't rob
you of the lean body mass you already have. That being the case you
need to learn the "table push-away."

Jason

The Litwaks
September 17th 06, 04:02 AM
Thanks. I didn't think I could "spot reduce." I think my diet is
somewhere around 2000 calories a day. According to one web site, at my
weight, I need about 3000 calories per day, so I'm hoping that 2000
calories a day, with some care about how many carbs I eat, is
sufficient. If I eat too little, I bonk as soon as I start exercising.
Are you suggesting thaT I just need to be hungry all the time to lose
weight because adding exercise is not enough?

Kettlebell Inc wrote:
> The Litwaks wrote:
>
>>My belly, though I'm a guy, looks like I'm in my ninth month. I
>>want it to get smaller. I'm doing some ab-related exercises, both on
>>the mat and on machines but so far, no change. I asked a trainer at my
>>health club for advice and he said the bulge isn't fat (huh?) but scar
>>tissue and what I need is a personal trainer to work me harder to break
>>down the scar tissue. I can work myself hard, thank you. I just need
>>to know what to do. I do thin, however, in fact, that it is fat, not
>>scar tissue. It needs to be burned, not broken down. Why would it be
>>scar tissue? Scars from what? Thanks.
>

> Sounds like the trainer was doing some marketing... bad marketing...
> ;-)
>
> Some people carry more of their belly fat over their abdominal muscles,
> jelly belly type, and some carry more under their abdominal muscles,
> big hard belly types. From what you describe, you have a big, hard
> belly. But fat is fat, and the only way to lose fat is by altering
> your diet and doing fat burning type exercises. Doing ab exercises
> will NOT make you lose fat around your abs. You can't lose fat from a
> specific spot on your body, you have to lose fat overall. I would
> recommend strength endurance type exercises.
>
> What is your diet like?
>
> John
> http://www.kettlebellinc.com

The Litwaks
September 17th 06, 04:08 AM
Jason Earl wrote:
> The Litwaks > writes:
>

>> My belly, though I'm a guy, looks like I'm in my ninth month. I
>>want it to get smaller. I'm doing some ab-related exercises, both on
>>the mat and on machines but so far, no change.
>

> I hate to break this to you, but there is no real way to "spot reduce"
> fat. The only way to get rid of it is to lower your overall body fat
> levels. I also tend to carry my fat in my abdomen. Where you carry
> fat is genetic.

I didn't think there was a way to spot-reduce. I really wanted to
validate that this is just fat. As for the diet issue, do I have to be
completely hungry all the time to be able to lose weight? I've done
hardcore Atkins but stopped losing weight after a while and can't live
that way. I'm really hoping that radically increasing my exercise will
do the job. If I eat too little, I bonk when I exercise. I don't know
my exact calorie count but I think it's generally around 2000-2500
calories per day. According to my calculations, that means that I'm
eating less than my body would want each day. Just eating 1000
calories a day, as many have proved, won't do the job because as you
probably know, whenever you tire of that, any extra calories are just
stored by your body and you are worse off after such a diet than beforehand.

>>I asked a trainer at my health club for advice and he said the bulge
>>isn't fat (huh?) but scar tissue and what I need is a personal
>>trainer to work me harder to break down the scar tissue.
>

> That's crap. You need to stop talking to the personal trainers at
> your gym. They are clearly insane. My guess is that this guy
> actually crushes his skull doing skullcrushers.
>

>>I can work myself hard, thank you. I just need to know what to do.
>>I do thin, however, in fact, that it is fat, not scar tissue. It
>>needs to be burned, not broken down. Why would it be scar tissue?
>>Scars from what? Thanks.
>

> It's not scars, it is fat, and the best way to lose fat is to buckle
> down on your diet. Exercise helps, and strength training in
> particular is crucial to help guarantee that your weight doesn't rob
> you of the lean body mass you already have. That being the case you
> need to learn the "table push-away."
>
> Jason

Kettlebell Inc
September 17th 06, 04:29 AM
The Litwaks wrote:
>.... As for the diet issue, do I have to be
> completely hungry all the time to be able to lose weight? I've done
> hardcore Atkins but stopped losing weight after a while and can't live
> that way. ...
>.... Just eating 1000
> calories a day, as many have proved, won't do the job because as you
> probably know, whenever you tire of that, any extra calories are just
> stored by your body and you are worse off after such a diet than beforehand.

Yup, exactly, your diet is a lifestyle, there is no end to it. So
whatever you do with your diet to lose weight, you have to be able to
do it over the long haul, or it won't work. And like you said, once
you go off your "diet", the extra calories will be stored as fat.
Also, with calorie intake, your body adapts to your diet and your
metabolism gets set like a thermostat. I don't know how long it takes
but after a period of time your body will reach a steady state with
your normal average caloric intake, your metabolism, and your exercise
level. At that point, if you drastically change your exercise level or
caloric intake, your body will react to those changes, gaining or
losing weight to go with how you've changed either of them.

Basically, you want to slowly adapt your lifestyle to that of a
cleaner, healthier diet, and regular exercise. With the slow and
steady approach, you'll start seeing some lasting changes.

hth,
John
http://www.kettlebellinc.com/kettlebellinfo

Jason Earl
September 17th 06, 04:43 AM
The Litwaks > writes:

> Thanks. I didn't think I could "spot reduce." I think my diet is
> somewhere around 2000 calories a day. According to one web site, at
> my weight, I need about 3000 calories per day, so I'm hoping that
> 2000 calories a day, with some care about how many carbs I eat, is
> sufficient. If I eat too little, I bonk as soon as I start
> exercising. Are you suggesting thaT I just need to be hungry all the
> time to lose weight because adding exercise is not enough?

Please don't top post.

http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/T/top-post.html

This is a great conversation, please don't ruin it.

Now, let's talk about your diet for a minute. You've started
exercising, you've become a bit more conscious of what you eat, and
you have tracked down a bit of information on what your nutrition plan
*should* look like. If you are not in a hurry to lose the weight,
that's probably enough information. I've lost about 10 pounds a year
for the past 4 years while getting significantly stronger on a
similarly laissez faire style of diet. The basic idea was that I
added exercise to my formerly completely sedentary lifestyle, and I
started to pay a little bit of attention to what I eat. For example,
I started keeping track of the amount of protein I ate, and I tried to
eat more of it.

The problem with this approach is that it takes forever, and you are
unlikely to get to a really low body fat level. The upside is that it
is ridiculously easy. Now that I am starting to make progress lifting
weights I am far more motivated to clean up my diet. I don't think
that I would have been able to tackle both my diet and my inactivity
if I would have tried to change both at once. Now that regular
exercise is a heavily ingrained habit it's time to concentrate on my
diet.

If you are in more of a hurry than that, then you need to gather more
information than you currently have at your disposal. A general idea
of how many calories you eat simply won't do. You're going to need to
keep a food journal (www.fitday.com should help). You'll also have to
stop paying attention to what random web sites say about your calorie
needs. The best way to find out how many calories you need to
maintain your current body weight is to measure them yourself.

Low carb diets don't work for me either. If you don't like how you
feel on a low carb diet, then don't go there. However, you'll have to
find some way to eat less food.

Jason

Jason Earl
September 17th 06, 05:02 AM
The Litwaks > writes:

> Jason Earl wrote:
>> The Litwaks > writes:
>>

>>> My belly, though I'm a guy, looks like I'm in my ninth month. I
>>>want it to get smaller. I'm doing some ab-related exercises, both on
>>>the mat and on machines but so far, no change.
>>

>> I hate to break this to you, but there is no real way to "spot
>> reduce" fat. The only way to get rid of it is to lower your
>> overall body fat levels. I also tend to carry my fat in my
>> abdomen. Where you carry fat is genetic.
>
> I didn't think there was a way to spot-reduce. I really wanted to
> validate that this is just fat.

Yes, it's just fat. You can get rid of it without the help of some
training dork at your gym.

> As for the diet issue, do I have to be completely hungry all the
> time to be able to lose weight?

No, I've lost weight without being hungry and without being
particularly diligent about following a diet. It just takes a lot
longer. It's also unlikely that you are going to get to a really low
body fat level this way.

> I've done hardcore Atkins but stopped losing weight after a while
> and can't live that way. I'm really hoping that radically
> increasing my exercise will do the job.

When my friends and family talk to me about fitness I always suggest
that they start to exercise first and then worry about the diet.
People that try and do too much at once invariably crash. Exercise is
fun once you get a little bit proficient at it. Dieting is never fun.

When I started I felt exactly the same way as you do, and exercise
certainly has helped. Strength training, in particular, has really
made a big difference. The fact that you are asking questions on MFW
is a good sign.

> If I eat too little, I bonk when I exercise. I don't know my exact
> calorie count but I think it's generally around 2000-2500 calories
> per day. According to my calculations, that means that I'm eating
> less than my body would want each day. Just eating 1000 calories a
> day, as many have proved, won't do the job because as you probably
> know, whenever you tire of that, any extra calories are just stored
> by your body and you are worse off after such a diet than
> beforehand.

It sounds to me like you have a pretty good handle on how the whole
fat loss thing works. Ridiculously low calorie diets are not a good
plan. I personally think that really low carb diets are not a good
long term plan either. Short term, however, they can be quite
effective. Try googling for Protein Sparing Modified Fast.

Generally speaking, however, the real trick is to re-jigger your life
so that good dietary habits replace bad ones. You know the drill.
More vegetables and whole grains. More lean proteins. Less processed
foods, etc. At some point you'll probably have to learn to cook :).

Thanks for not top-posting.

Jason

The Litwaks
September 17th 06, 05:17 AM
Jason,

1. What is top-posting?
2. The problem is, I am in a hurry. I don't expect to fix everything
right away or in a week, but I need to see some serious progress in
basically the next two months and then I am willing to shift down a gear
and go at this more slowly and reasonably. I really want to lose 18
pounds of fat in the next two months or die trying. Any reasonable
suggestions?

Jason Earl wrote:
> The Litwaks > writes:
>

>>Jason Earl wrote:

>>>I hate to break this to you, but there is no real way to "spot
>>>reduce" fat. The only way to get rid of it is to lower your
>>>overall body fat levels. I also tend to carry my fat in my
>>>abdomen. Where you carry fat is genetic.
>>
>>I didn't think there was a way to spot-reduce. I really wanted to
>>validate that this is just fat.
>

> Yes, it's just fat. You can get rid of it without the help of some
> training dork at your gym.
>

>>As for the diet issue, do I have to be completely hungry all the
>>time to be able to lose weight?
>

> No, I've lost weight without being hungry and without being
> particularly diligent about following a diet. It just takes a lot
> longer. It's also unlikely that you are going to get to a really low
> body fat level this way.
>

>>I've done hardcore Atkins but stopped losing weight after a while
>>and can't live that way. I'm really hoping that radically
>>increasing my exercise will do the job.
>

> When my friends and family talk to me about fitness I always suggest
> that they start to exercise first and then worry about the diet.
> People that try and do too much at once invariably crash. Exercise is
> fun once you get a little bit proficient at it. Dieting is never fun.
>
> When I started I felt exactly the same way as you do, and exercise
> certainly has helped. Strength training, in particular, has really
> made a big difference. The fact that you are asking questions on MFW
> is a good sign.
>

>>If I eat too little, I bonk when I exercise. I don't know my exact
>>calorie count but I think it's generally around 2000-2500 calories
>>per day. According to my calculations, that means that I'm eating
>>less than my body would want each day. Just eating 1000 calories a
>>day, as many have proved, won't do the job because as you probably
>>know, whenever you tire of that, any extra calories are just stored
>>by your body and you are worse off after such a diet than
>>beforehand.
>

> It sounds to me like you have a pretty good handle on how the whole
> fat loss thing works. Ridiculously low calorie diets are not a good
> plan. I personally think that really low carb diets are not a good
> long term plan either. Short term, however, they can be quite
> effective. Try googling for Protein Sparing Modified Fast.
>
> Generally speaking, however, the real trick is to re-jigger your life
> so that good dietary habits replace bad ones. You know the drill.
> More vegetables and whole grains. More lean proteins. Less processed
> foods, etc. At some point you'll probably have to learn to cook :).
>
> Thanks for not top-posting.
>
> Jason

Jason Earl
September 17th 06, 05:37 AM
The Litwaks > writes:

> Jason,
>
> 1. What is top-posting?

http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/T/top-post.html

Notice how I trim the original post and then my responses are
interleaved with yours providing just enough context so that you can
see what I am responding too. That's how it should work. At the very
least instead of putting your response before all of the quoted text
you should put it *after* all of the quoted text.

> 2. The problem is, I am in a hurry. I don't expect to fix
> everything right away or in a week, but I need to see some serious
> progress in basically the next two months and then I am willing to
> shift down a gear and go at this more slowly and reasonably. I
> really want to lose 18 pounds of fat in the next two months or die
> trying. Any reasonable suggestions?

Google protein sparing modified fast (or just psmf). Lyle MacDonald
has a book that is supposed to be really good at this sort of
thing. called "The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook." I've never tried it, but
I have heard good things about it. The general principles can be
found in a lot of places.

You also might want to take a look at the Velocity Diet.

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-009-diet

It's essentially a 28 day PSMF based around Biotest supplements. I
know a few guys that have gotten really good results with it. It's
apparently pretty brutal though. I'm tempted to try it myself.

Jason

Robert Schuh
September 17th 06, 09:23 AM
The Litwaks wrote:

> My belly, though I'm a guy, looks like I'm in my ninth month. I
> want it to get smaller. I'm doing some ab-related exercises, both on
> the mat and on machines but so far, no change. I asked a trainer at my
> health club for advice and he said the bulge isn't fat (huh?) but scar
> tissue and what I need is a personal trainer to work me harder to break
> down the scar tissue. I can work myself hard, thank you. I just need
> to know what to do. I do thin, however, in fact, that it is fat, not
> scar tissue. It needs to be burned, not broken down. Why would it be
> scar tissue? Scars from what? Thanks.

Diet is going to be 90% of your challenge. Why would you have scar tissue?
Have you had multiple surgeries etc.?

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Robert Schuh
September 17th 06, 09:26 AM
Kettlebell Inc wrote:

> The Litwaks wrote:
> > My belly, though I'm a guy, looks like I'm in my ninth month. I
> > want it to get smaller. I'm doing some ab-related exercises, both on
> > the mat and on machines but so far, no change. I asked a trainer at my
> > health club for advice and he said the bulge isn't fat (huh?) but scar
> > tissue and what I need is a personal trainer to work me harder to break
> > down the scar tissue. I can work myself hard, thank you. I just need
> > to know what to do. I do thin, however, in fact, that it is fat, not
> > scar tissue. It needs to be burned, not broken down. Why would it be
> > scar tissue? Scars from what? Thanks.
>
> Sounds like the trainer was doing some marketing... bad marketing...
> ;-)
>
> Some people carry more of their belly fat over their abdominal muscles,
> jelly belly type, and some carry more under their abdominal muscles,
> big hard belly types. From what you describe, you have a big, hard
> belly. But fat is fat, and the only way to lose fat is by altering
> your diet and doing fat burning type exercises. Doing ab exercises
> will NOT make you lose fat around your abs. You can't lose fat from a
> specific spot on your body, you have to lose fat overall. I would
> recommend strength endurance type exercises.
>
> What is your diet like?
>
> John
> http://www.kettlebellinc.com

So asshole,
Are you going to step up like a man and admit that you are a bold faced liar?
We all know that your company is a fraud. If it is not, then why does NO ONE
ever answer the phones? You know you made up libelous bull**** about me, so
now butch up and admit you did so. BTW, you claimed "the e mail address you
gave me was no good." I never gave you any e mail address. If you can't
figure out my e mail address, then you are an even bigger moron than I
thought.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Robert Schuh
September 17th 06, 09:27 AM
The Litwaks wrote:

> Jason Earl wrote:
> > The Litwaks > writes:
> >

> >> My belly, though I'm a guy, looks like I'm in my ninth month. I
> >>want it to get smaller. I'm doing some ab-related exercises, both on
> >>the mat and on machines but so far, no change.
> >

> > I hate to break this to you, but there is no real way to "spot reduce"
> > fat. The only way to get rid of it is to lower your overall body fat
> > levels. I also tend to carry my fat in my abdomen. Where you carry
> > fat is genetic.
>
> I didn't think there was a way to spot-reduce. I really wanted to
> validate that this is just fat. As for the diet issue, do I have to be
> completely hungry all the time to be able to lose weight? I've done
> hardcore Atkins but stopped losing weight after a while and can't live
> that way. I'm really hoping that radically increasing my exercise will
> do the job. If I eat too little, I bonk when I exercise. I don't know
> my exact calorie count but I think it's generally around 2000-2500
> calories per day. According to my calculations, that means that I'm
> eating less than my body would want each day. Just eating 1000
> calories a day, as many have proved, won't do the job because as you
> probably know, whenever you tire of that, any extra calories are just
> stored by your body and you are worse off after such a diet than beforehand.
>

> >>I asked a trainer at my health club for advice and he said the bulge
> >>isn't fat (huh?) but scar tissue and what I need is a personal
> >>trainer to work me harder to break down the scar tissue.
> >

> > That's crap. You need to stop talking to the personal trainers at
> > your gym. They are clearly insane. My guess is that this guy
> > actually crushes his skull doing skullcrushers.
> >

> >>I can work myself hard, thank you. I just need to know what to do.
> >>I do thin, however, in fact, that it is fat, not scar tissue. It
> >>needs to be burned, not broken down. Why would it be scar tissue?
> >>Scars from what? Thanks.
> >

> > It's not scars, it is fat, and the best way to lose fat is to buckle
> > down on your diet. Exercise helps, and strength training in
> > particular is crucial to help guarantee that your weight doesn't rob
> > you of the lean body mass you already have. That being the case you
> > need to learn the "table push-away."
> >
> > Jason

Do me a favor, whatever this guy "John" from Kettlebells tells you, take it with
a grain of salt. He is selling a bogus product and his only goal for posting
here is to SPAM for his snake oil supplement. He also has been exposed as a liar
and a fraud.

Rob

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

ATP*
September 17th 06, 01:33 PM
"Robert Schuh" > wrote in message
> Kettlebell Inc wrote:
>
>> The Litwaks wrote:
>> > My belly, though I'm a guy, looks like I'm in my ninth month. I
>> > want it to get smaller. I'm doing some ab-related exercises, both on
>> > the mat and on machines but so far, no change. I asked a trainer at my
>> > health club for advice and he said the bulge isn't fat (huh?) but scar
>> > tissue and what I need is a personal trainer to work me harder to break
>> > down the scar tissue. I can work myself hard, thank you. I just need
>> > to know what to do. I do thin, however, in fact, that it is fat, not
>> > scar tissue. It needs to be burned, not broken down. Why would it be
>> > scar tissue? Scars from what? Thanks.
>>
>> Sounds like the trainer was doing some marketing... bad marketing...
>> ;-)
>>
>> Some people carry more of their belly fat over their abdominal muscles,
>> jelly belly type, and some carry more under their abdominal muscles,
>> big hard belly types. From what you describe, you have a big, hard
>> belly. But fat is fat, and the only way to lose fat is by altering
>> your diet and doing fat burning type exercises. Doing ab exercises
>> will NOT make you lose fat around your abs. You can't lose fat from a
>> specific spot on your body, you have to lose fat overall. I would
>> recommend strength endurance type exercises.
>>
>> What is your diet like?
>>
>> John
>> http://www.kettlebellinc.com
>
> So asshole,
> Are you going to step up like a man and admit that you are a bold faced
> liar?
> We all know that your company is a fraud. If it is not, then why does NO
> ONE
> ever answer the phones? You know you made up libelous bull**** about me,
> so
> now butch up and admit you did so. BTW, you claimed "the e mail address
> you
> gave me was no good." I never gave you any e mail address. If you can't
> figure out my e mail address, then you are an even bigger moron than I
> thought.
>

> --
> Robert Schuh

The guy who accused you was John from Probod in the "Beyond Steroids"
thread.

Kettlebell Inc
September 17th 06, 02:15 PM
Schuh,

What the hell are you talking about? Make sure you got your people
straight before you go mouthing off about them. Better yet, shut the
hell up all together.

YOU ARE FLAT OUT WRONG PAL. And you have no idea what you're talking
about with me and my company. Get your people and your stories
straight.

Now be a man and make it right by expaining to everyone that you got me
mixed up with someone else.

John (the one that didn't have any problem with Schuh, but is starting
to)
http://www.kettlebellinc.com/kettlebellinfo

Jason Earl
September 17th 06, 04:59 PM
Robert Schuh > writes:

> The Litwaks wrote:
>
>> Jason Earl wrote:

>> > I hate to break this to you, but there is no real way to "spot
>> > reduce" fat. The only way to get rid of it is to lower your
>> > overall body fat levels. I also tend to carry my fat in my
>> > abdomen. Where you carry fat is genetic.
>>
>> I didn't think there was a way to spot-reduce. I really wanted to
>> validate that this is just fat. As for the diet issue, do I have
>> to be completely hungry all the time to be able to lose weight?
>> I've done hardcore Atkins but stopped losing weight after a while
>> and can't live that way. I'm really hoping that radically
>> increasing my exercise will do the job. If I eat too little, I
>> bonk when I exercise. I don't know my exact calorie count but I
>> think it's generally around 2000-2500 calories per day. According
>> to my calculations, that means that I'm eating less than my body
>> would want each day. Just eating 1000 calories a day, as many have
>> proved, won't do the job because as you probably know, whenever you
>> tire of that, any extra calories are just stored by your body and
>> you are worse off after such a diet than beforehand.

>> > That's crap. You need to stop talking to the personal trainers at
>> > your gym. They are clearly insane. My guess is that this guy
>> > actually crushes his skull doing skullcrushers.

>> > It's not scars, it is fat, and the best way to lose fat is to
>> > buckle down on your diet. Exercise helps, and strength training
>> > in particular is crucial to help guarantee that your weight
>> > doesn't rob you of the lean body mass you already have. That
>> > being the case you need to learn the "table push-away."
>> >
>> > Jason
>
> Do me a favor, whatever this guy "John" from Kettlebells tells you,
> take it with a grain of salt. He is selling a bogus product and his
> only goal for posting here is to SPAM for his snake oil
> supplement. He also has been exposed as a liar and a fraud.
>
> Rob

What? First of all, I am not John, I am clearly "Jason." If you look
carefully at the attributions of this post you will notice that this
is a conversation between Litwak and me.

Second, if you consider "kettlebells" to be a supplement then you must
have some seriously freaky strong jaws.

Third, both John and I gave Litwak the exact same advice that you
gave. Diet is the critical ingredient in getting really lean.

Other than that, thanks for the post. It was truly an amazing piece
of work.

Jason

Jason Earl
September 17th 06, 05:03 PM
Robert Schuh > writes:

> Kettlebell Inc wrote:
>
>> The Litwaks wrote:
>> > My belly, though I'm a guy, looks like I'm in my ninth month. I
>> > want it to get smaller. I'm doing some ab-related exercises, both on
>> > the mat and on machines but so far, no change. I asked a trainer at my
>> > health club for advice and he said the bulge isn't fat (huh?) but scar
>> > tissue and what I need is a personal trainer to work me harder to break
>> > down the scar tissue. I can work myself hard, thank you. I just need
>> > to know what to do. I do thin, however, in fact, that it is fat, not
>> > scar tissue. It needs to be burned, not broken down. Why would it be
>> > scar tissue? Scars from what? Thanks.
>>
>> Sounds like the trainer was doing some marketing... bad marketing...
>> ;-)
>>
>> Some people carry more of their belly fat over their abdominal muscles,
>> jelly belly type, and some carry more under their abdominal muscles,
>> big hard belly types. From what you describe, you have a big, hard
>> belly. But fat is fat, and the only way to lose fat is by altering
>> your diet and doing fat burning type exercises. Doing ab exercises
>> will NOT make you lose fat around your abs. You can't lose fat from a
>> specific spot on your body, you have to lose fat overall. I would
>> recommend strength endurance type exercises.
>>
>> What is your diet like?
>>
>> John
>> http://www.kettlebellinc.com
>
> So asshole, Are you going to step up like a man and admit that you
> are a bold faced liar? We all know that your company is a fraud. If
> it is not, then why does NO ONE ever answer the phones? You know you
> made up libelous bull**** about me, so now butch up and admit you
> did so. BTW, you claimed "the e mail address you gave me was no
> good." I never gave you any e mail address. If you can't figure out
> my e mail address, then you are an even bigger moron than I thought.

Robert, you have clearly stopped taking your medication. Believe it
or not, there are millions of guys named "John." You are confusing
two completely different people.

Oh, that's classic.

Jason

Curt James
September 18th 06, 02:51 AM
Robert Sc(huh?) wrote:
[...]

> Do me a favor, whatever this guy "John" from Kettlebells
> tells you, take it with a grain of salt. He is selling a bogus
> product and his only goal for posting here is to SPAM for
> his snake oil supplement. He also has been exposed as
> a liar and a fraud.

Um, has he been exposed as a liar and a fraud like DZ was exposed as
anonymous and a pussy?

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/abf7cf9d15df30a2

> Rob

Okay, 'bert.