PDA

View Full Version : Popeye is ****ed.


Curt James
September 16th 06, 07:36 PM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLG%2CGGLG%3A2005-29%2CGGLG%3Aen&q=spinach%2C+e.+coli&btnG=Search
aka http://tinyurl.com/hu6ms

It's been a month or so, but I was a fan of eating baby spinach right
out of the bag. Typically, I'd eat a big salad and then let the remains
of the bag go to waste in the fridge.

Condolences, of course, to the family of one Wisconsinite who succumbed
to E. coli O157:H7, the strain involved in the current outbreak.

"By Friday [September 15, 2006], the outbreak had grown to include at
least 20 states: California, Connecticut, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky,
Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oregon,
Pennsylvania, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming,
according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Wisconsin accounted for 29 illnesses, about one-third of the cases,
including the lone death.

The bug has sickened at least 94 people across the U.S., the CDC said.
The agency added that 29 people have been hospitalized, 14 of them with
kidney failure." From:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213891,00.html

--
Curt

jimmy
September 16th 06, 11:30 PM
i like bagged baby carrots.

it is disturbing news...especially since the e coli can't be washed off
even if one tried

that e coli strain comes from cattle feces too.

so either there was poop mixed in with spinach or they didn't use
sterilized manure.

more reason to eat 'safe' fast food junk :)

Curt James wrote:
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLG%2CGGLG%3A2005-29%2CGGLG%3Aen&q=spinach%2C+e.+coli&btnG=Search
> aka http://tinyurl.com/hu6ms
>
> It's been a month or so, but I was a fan of eating baby spinach right
> out of the bag. Typically, I'd eat a big salad and then let the remains
> of the bag go to waste in the fridge.
>
> Condolences, of course, to the family of one Wisconsinite who succumbed
> to E. coli O157:H7, the strain involved in the current outbreak.
>
> "By Friday [September 15, 2006], the outbreak had grown to include at
> least 20 states: California, Connecticut, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky,
> Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oregon,
> Pennsylvania, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming,
> according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
>
> Wisconsin accounted for 29 illnesses, about one-third of the cases,
> including the lone death.
>
> The bug has sickened at least 94 people across the U.S., the CDC said.
> The agency added that 29 people have been hospitalized, 14 of them with
> kidney failure." From:
> http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213891,00.html
>
> --
> Curt

jimmy
September 16th 06, 11:31 PM
i like bagged baby carrots.

it is disturbing news...especially since the e coli can't be washed off
even if one tried

that e coli strain comes from cattle feces too.

so either there was poop mixed in with spinach or they didn't use
sterilized manure.

more reason to eat 'safe' fast food junk :)

Curt James wrote:
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLG%2CGGLG%3A2005-29%2CGGLG%3Aen&q=spinach%2C+e.+coli&btnG=Search
> aka http://tinyurl.com/hu6ms
>
> It's been a month or so, but I was a fan of eating baby spinach right
> out of the bag. Typically, I'd eat a big salad and then let the remains
> of the bag go to waste in the fridge.
>
> Condolences, of course, to the family of one Wisconsinite who succumbed
> to E. coli O157:H7, the strain involved in the current outbreak.
>
> "By Friday [September 15, 2006], the outbreak had grown to include at
> least 20 states: California, Connecticut, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky,
> Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oregon,
> Pennsylvania, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming,
> according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
>
> Wisconsin accounted for 29 illnesses, about one-third of the cases,
> including the lone death.
>
> The bug has sickened at least 94 people across the U.S., the CDC said.
> The agency added that 29 people have been hospitalized, 14 of them with
> kidney failure." From:
> http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213891,00.html
>
> --
> Curt

Curt James
September 16th 06, 11:56 PM
jimmy wrote:
> i like bagged baby carrots.
>
> it is disturbing news...especially since the e coli can't be washed off
> even if one tried
>
> that e coli strain comes from cattle feces too.
>
> so either there was poop mixed in with spinach or they didn't use
> sterilized manure.
>
> more reason to eat 'safe' fast food junk :)

heh

Bring on the Snickers bars!

Uh, thanks for the humor, jimmy, but, I gotta tellya, your posting
habit does make me wonder... is it E. coli O157:H4 or E. coli O157:H5
that kills... top-posters?

> Curt James wrote:
> > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLG%2CGGLG%3A2005-29%2CGGLG%3Aen&q=spinach%2C+e.+coli&btnG=Search
> > aka http://tinyurl.com/hu6ms
> >
> > It's been a month or so, but I was a fan of eating baby spinach right
> > out of the bag. Typically, I'd eat a big salad and then let the remains
> > of the bag go to waste in the fridge.
> >
> > Condolences, of course, to the family of one Wisconsinite who succumbed
> > to E. coli O157:H7, the strain involved in the current outbreak.
> >
> > "By Friday [September 15, 2006], the outbreak had grown to include at
> > least 20 states: California, Connecticut, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky,
> > Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oregon,
> > Pennsylvania, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming,
> > according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
> >
> > Wisconsin accounted for 29 illnesses, about one-third of the cases,
> > including the lone death.
> >
> > The bug has sickened at least 94 people across the U.S., the CDC said.
> > The agency added that 29 people have been hospitalized, 14 of them with
> > kidney failure." From:
> > http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213891,00.html

--
Curt

jimmy
September 17th 06, 12:13 AM
you're welcome

when you find what spinach eating has to do with lifting weights, tell
me, I'm curious

The exact strain number is irrelevant. Avoiding spinach for a while is
relevant.

What post do you reply to when you leave (drop ass) and write a
comment?
The one on the bottom or the original post?

I'm curious because you seem almost indignant, as if everyone should
know all about the insignificant things that bug YOU for some reason.

Someone must have put you in your place about "top-posting," huh?
Whatever the hell that is.

If someone besides you complains to me about whatever the hell it is
I'm "doing" then Imight care to find out.

If you don't explain it concisely, I don't give a ****.

That's a tip, not a criticism.





Curt James wrote:
> jimmy wrote:
> > i like bagged baby carrots.
> >
> > it is disturbing news...especially since the e coli can't be washed off
> > even if one tried
> >
> > that e coli strain comes from cattle feces too.
> >
> > so either there was poop mixed in with spinach or they didn't use
> > sterilized manure.
> >
> > more reason to eat 'safe' fast food junk :)
>
> heh
>
> Bring on the Snickers bars!
>
> Uh, thanks for the humor, jimmy, but, I gotta tellya, your posting
> habit does make me wonder... is it E. coli O157:H4 or E. coli O157:H5
> that kills... top-posters?
>
> > Curt James wrote:
> > > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLG%2CGGLG%3A2005-29%2CGGLG%3Aen&q=spinach%2C+e.+coli&btnG=Search
> > > aka http://tinyurl.com/hu6ms
> > >
> > > It's been a month or so, but I was a fan of eating baby spinach right
> > > out of the bag. Typically, I'd eat a big salad and then let the remains
> > > of the bag go to waste in the fridge.
> > >
> > > Condolences, of course, to the family of one Wisconsinite who succumbed
> > > to E. coli O157:H7, the strain involved in the current outbreak.
> > >
> > > "By Friday [September 15, 2006], the outbreak had grown to include at
> > > least 20 states: California, Connecticut, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky,
> > > Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oregon,
> > > Pennsylvania, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming,
> > > according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
> > >
> > > Wisconsin accounted for 29 illnesses, about one-third of the cases,
> > > including the lone death.
> > >
> > > The bug has sickened at least 94 people across the U.S., the CDC said.
> > > The agency added that 29 people have been hospitalized, 14 of them with
> > > kidney failure." From:
> > > http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213891,00.html
>
> --
> Curt

Curt James
September 17th 06, 01:02 AM
jimmy wrote:
[...]

> Someone must have put you in your place about
> "top-posting," huh?

Actually, no. I got up to speed rather quickly wrt newsgroups.

> Whatever the hell that is.

Top... POSTING. TOP posting. To post your comments at the top? It
should almost be... what's the word? Intuitive.

> If someone besides you complains to me about
> whatever the hell it is I'm "doing" then Imight care
> to find out.

Well, if you're reading all the posts then...

Of course, I wouldn't characterize it as whining or complaining. Ym -
like your posting habits - mv.

--
Curt

jimmy
September 17th 06, 02:09 AM
That's interesting.

I do read all the posts

And now I am simply disregarding yours.

> like your posting habits - mv.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

What are my habits? WTF are you talking about? Oh. read the link to
"get up to speed"

Besides projecting your own faults on others, you are
pseudo-intellectual. You seem like you know wtf you're talking about,
but you're just rambling.



Curt James wrote:
> jimmy wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Someone must have put you in your place about
> > "top-posting," huh?
>
> Actually, no. I got up to speed rather quickly wrt newsgroups.
>
> > Whatever the hell that is.
>
> Top... POSTING. TOP posting. To post your comments at the top? It
> should almost be... what's the word? Intuitive.
>
> > If someone besides you complains to me about
> > whatever the hell it is I'm "doing" then Imight care
> > to find out.
>
> Well, if you're reading all the posts then...
>
> Of course, I wouldn't characterize it as whining or complaining. Ym -

>
> --
> Curt

Curt James
September 17th 06, 04:25 AM
jimmy wrote:
[...]

> I do read all the posts

But apparently not the ones where people mention top-posting.

> And now I am simply disregarding yours.

Yeah, it looks like it.

> Besides projecting your own faults on others,

Top-posting? That may not be a fault, but it's certainly not me
"projecting" either.

> you are pseudo-intellectual.

Cool.

> You seem like you know wtf you're talking about,

Thank you.

> but you're just rambling.

Always. I've been a Steve Martin fan for a looooong time.

(looks at Subject line)

Hey, hold on! Just what does ANY of this have to do with Popeye!!!???

--
Curt