PDA

View Full Version : PH of food

David
September 16th 06, 08:35 PM
So, if you look on one list potato is high alkaline - on the other it is
acid forming

Cottage cheese. chicken and eggs is acid forming on one and alkaline on the
other

Does anyone know about this ****? Maybe Pavel has written a book about it?

http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/acidalkfoods.html

http://www.colonaerobics.com/pdf/acidchart.pdf#search=%22ricotta%20cheese%20acid%20 or%20alkaline%22

David
September 17th 06, 01:48 AM
"DZ" > wrote in message
. ..
> David > wrote:
>> So, if you look on one list potato is high alkaline - on the other it is
>> acid forming
>>
>> Cottage cheese. chicken and eggs is acid forming on one and alkaline on
>> the
>> other
>>
>> Does anyone know about this ****? Maybe Pavel has written a book about
>> it?
>>
>> http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/acidalkfoods.html
>> http://www.colonaerobics.com/pdf/acidchart.pdf#search=%22ricotta%20cheese%20acid%20 or%20alkaline%22
>
> It's voodoo, so the variations are probably allowed. This line of
> thought is not about the "pH of food" (as in the subject of the
> thread) but about the alleged mystical effects on the pH of the body,
> so for example the obviously very acidic lemon is listed as
> "alkalizing" in both of the links. Body pH is stable and regulated by
> the renal function, e.g. excess acid intake results in an increased
> excrecion of the hydrogen ions, and alkaline results in an increased
> bicarbonate excretion.

Thanks DZ for your informative post. (Below is a link showing PH value of
various foods fyi)

David
September 17th 06, 09:43 PM
"DZ" > wrote in message
> David > wrote:
>> DZ wrote:

>>> It's voodoo, so the variations are probably allowed. This line of
>>> thought is not about the "pH of food" (as in the subject of the
>>> thread) but about the alleged mystical effects on the pH of the body,
>>> so for example the obviously very acidic lemon is listed as
>>> "alkalizing" in both of the links. Body pH is stable and regulated by
>>> the renal function, e.g. excess acid intake results in an increased
>>> excrecion of the hydrogen ions, and alkaline results in an increased
>>> bicarbonate excretion.
>>
>> Thanks DZ for your informative post. (Below is a link showing PH value of
>> various foods fyi)
>
> Maybe I'm over-interpreting, David, but what I think you meant to say
> is that you asked for information, and I haven't provided any. I just
> don't think body pH can be tweaked with food, and tables such as above
> belong in the same category as astrology.

No not at all - I totally agree. the very fact that interpretations vary
wildly indicates that it is far from science. thanks your input