PDA

View Full Version : 24 Hour membership certificate vaild?

Bob
September 17th 06, 09:05 PM
A friend offered me a 1 one year membership certificate (yellow/gold in
color on white background with red serial number) and a stamped date of
when it must be presented by. Price:
$250. There is a validation signature with the signature space for
pending member is blank. There is a stipulation at the bottom the
cleraly states "NOT
VALID FOR RESALE".
Will 24 HR accept it or will I be screwed?

David Cohen
September 18th 06, 04:41 AM
"Shute" > wrote
> "Bob" > wrote:
>
>>A friend offered me a 1 one year membership certificate (yellow/gold in
>>color on white background with red serial number) and a stamped date of
>>when it must be presented by. Price:
>> $250. There is a validation signature with the signature space for
>>pending member is blank. There is a stipulation at the bottom the
>>cleraly states "NOT
>> VALID FOR RESALE".
>> Will 24 HR accept it or will I be screwed?
>
> What the hell are you talking about. What membership to what gym in
> what country? I think it might take more than 24 hours for people to
> even figure out what you are talking about.

You're funny. Somebody else will explain why you're funny.

David

Art S
September 18th 06, 06:04 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
link.net...

> "Shute" > wrote
>> "Bob" > wrote:
>>
>>>A friend offered me a 1 one year membership certificate (yellow/gold in
>>>color on white background with red serial number) and a stamped date of
>>>when it must be presented by. Price:
>>> $250. There is a validation signature with the signature space for
>>>pending member is blank. There is a stipulation at the bottom the
>>>cleraly states "NOT
>>> VALID FOR RESALE".
>>> Will 24 HR accept it or will I be screwed?
>>
>> What the hell are you talking about. What membership to what gym in
>> what country? I think it might take more than 24 hours for people to
>> even figure out what you are talking about.
>
> You're funny. Somebody else will explain why you're funny.
>
> David

Do you mean ha-ha funny, or Napoleon XIV funny ("they're coming to take
me away ha-ha, they're coming to take me away ho-ho hee-hee ha-ha to the
funny farm..."?

Art

David Cohen
September 18th 06, 07:00 AM
"Art S" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote >>

>>> What the hell are you talking about. What membership to what gym in
>>> what country? I think it might take more than 24 hours for people to
>>> even figure out what you are talking about.
>>
>> You're funny. Somebody else will explain why you're funny.
>
> Do you mean ha-ha funny, or Napoleon XIV funny ("they're coming to take
> me away ha-ha, they're coming to take me away ho-ho hee-hee ha-ha to the
> funny farm..."?

Yes.

David

Art S
September 18th 06, 07:12 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
link.net...

> "Art S" > wrote
>> "David Cohen" > wrote >>
>>> "Shute" > wrote

>>> You're funny. Somebody else will explain why you're funny.
>>
>> Do you mean ha-ha funny, or Napoleon XIV funny ("they're coming to take
>> me away ha-ha, they're coming to take me away ho-ho hee-hee ha-ha to the
>> funny farm..."?
>
> Yes.
>
> David

Oh.

In that case, it requires more time and effort than I'm willing to provide.

Maybe someone else.

Art

Bob
September 19th 06, 12:25 AM
I wasn't thinking. 24 Hour Fitness in the U.S. I guess i've gotten
used to calling it just "24 Hour" as slang.

Shute wrote:
> On 17 Sep 2006 13:05:43 -0700, "Bob" > wrote:
>
> >A friend offered me a 1 one year membership certificate (yellow/gold in
> >color on white background with red serial number) and a stamped date of
> >when it must be presented by. Price:
> > $250. There is a validation signature with the signature space for
> >pending member is blank. There is a stipulation at the bottom the
> >cleraly states "NOT
> > VALID FOR RESALE".
> > Will 24 HR accept it or will I be screwed?
>
> What the hell are you talking about. What membership to what gym in
> what country? I think it might take more than 24 hours for people to
> even figure out what you are talking about.

Richard
September 19th 06, 12:38 AM
Bob wrote:
> I wasn't thinking. 24 Hour Fitness in the U.S. I guess i've gotten
> used to calling it just "24 Hour" as slang.
>

> Shute wrote:
>> On 17 Sep 2006 13:05:43 -0700, "Bob" > wrote:
>>
>>> A friend offered me a 1 one year membership certificate (yellow/gold in
>>> color on white background with red serial number) and a stamped date of
>>> when it must be presented by. Price:
>>> $250. There is a validation signature with the signature space for
>>> pending member is blank. There is a stipulation at the bottom the
>>> cleraly states "NOT
>>> VALID FOR RESALE".
>>> Will 24 HR accept it or will I be screwed?
>> What the hell are you talking about. What membership to what gym in
>> what country? I think it might take more than 24 hours for people to
>> even figure out what you are talking about.

OH! Well then. That's different.

We don't know. HOwever, IMO, if it's blank who's to say your friend
didn't just give it to you anyway as a gift? And you (stupidly) left
$250 out on the coffee table and he borrowed it.

HTH

Richard