PDA

View Full Version : Note to Will and others about personal carry

Robert Schuh
September 17th 06, 11:24 PM
There is a great deal discussed here about guns, stopping power, what is
good to carry etc. I think we all have to admit too that a gun is not
going to be what one will need in about 99.99% of personal
confrontations. If you are being threatened verbally from 10 feet or
more away, even if you pull the gun, chances are, you are going to be
charged with aggravated assault or assault with a deadly weapon. Shoot
outs between "bad" guys and citizens is also a VERY rare thing. I think
most people are far better off carrying something non lethal. I think
one of the best toys is the ASP baton like the cops carry.
http://tinyurl.com/hx5c5. These can be shown to someone who may be
coming toward you without you worrying about getting tossed into jail.
That is of course if you don't whap the asshole with it if he is not
really a threat. :-) These things provide a very strong psychological
deterrent along with something that is substantial if needed. I can tell
you that almost anyone who wants to start some **** will think twice
when he sees and hears this being extended. I was curious what the
thoughts of the group were.

Paul Cassel
September 18th 06, 12:27 AM
Robert Schuh wrote:
> There is a great deal discussed here about guns, stopping power, what is
> good to carry etc. I think we all have to admit too that a gun is not
> going to be what one will need in about 99.99% of personal
> confrontations. If you are being threatened verbally from 10 feet or
> more away, even if you pull the gun, chances are, you are going to be
> charged with aggravated assault or assault with a deadly weapon. Shoot
> outs between "bad" guys and citizens is also a VERY rare thing. I think
> most people are far better off carrying something non lethal. I think
> one of the best toys is the ASP baton like the cops carry.
> http://tinyurl.com/hx5c5. These can be shown to someone who may be
> coming toward you without you worrying about getting tossed into jail.
> That is of course if you don't whap the asshole with it if he is not
> really a threat. :-) These things provide a very strong psychological
> deterrent along with something that is substantial if needed. I can tell
> you that almost anyone who wants to start some **** will think twice
> when he sees and hears this being extended. I was curious what the
> thoughts of the group were.

Someday we'll know you as "the dead guy who brought a baton to a gun
fight".

David Cohen
September 18th 06, 01:30 AM
"Paul Cassel" > wrote
> Robert Schuh wrote:
>> There is a great deal discussed here about guns, stopping power, what is
>> good to carry etc. I think we all have to admit too that a gun is not
>> going to be what one will need in about 99.99% of personal
>> confrontations. If you are being threatened verbally from 10 feet or
>> more away, even if you pull the gun, chances are, you are going to be
>> charged with aggravated assault or assault with a deadly weapon. Shoot
>> outs between "bad" guys and citizens is also a VERY rare thing. I think
>> most people are far better off carrying something non lethal. I think
>> one of the best toys is the ASP baton like the cops carry.
>> http://tinyurl.com/hx5c5. These can be shown to someone who may be
>> coming toward you without you worrying about getting tossed into jail.
>> That is of course if you don't whap the asshole with it if he is not
>> really a threat. :-) These things provide a very strong psychological
>> deterrent along with something that is substantial if needed. I can tell
>> you that almost anyone who wants to start some **** will think twice
>> when he sees and hears this being extended. I was curious what the
>> thoughts of the group were.
>
> Someday we'll know you as "the dead guy who brought a baton to a gun
> fight".

Which is why the smart legally armed civilians (such as me) carry a
"continuum of force", the same way police officers do.

For me, the continuum starts at being a 6'1", 230 pound male, then
progresses through verbal interaction, pepper spray, unarmed combat, knife,
gun. I own, but don't carry, an ASP collapsible baton.

Any given situation may well have a different order of force, may skip ahead
a few or all the steps, and may include the use of any available impact
weapons, up to and including the 4000 pound, 4 wheel drive, impact weapon.

My current dog is too small and friendly to be much of a weapon. She's more
of a furry alarm system.

David

Lee Michaels
September 18th 06, 02:25 AM
"Robert Schuh" > wrote in message
> There is a great deal discussed here about guns, stopping power, what is
> good to carry etc. I think we all have to admit too that a gun is not
> going to be what one will need in about 99.99% of personal
> confrontations. If you are being threatened verbally from 10 feet or
> more away, even if you pull the gun, chances are, you are going to be
> charged with aggravated assault or assault with a deadly weapon. Shoot
> outs between "bad" guys and citizens is also a VERY rare thing. I think
> most people are far better off carrying something non lethal. I think
> one of the best toys is the ASP baton like the cops carry.
> http://tinyurl.com/hx5c5. These can be shown to someone who may be
> coming toward you without you worrying about getting tossed into jail.
> That is of course if you don't whap the asshole with it if he is not
> really a threat. :-) These things provide a very strong psychological
> deterrent along with something that is substantial if needed. I can tell
> you that almost anyone who wants to start some **** will think twice
> when he sees and hears this being extended. I was curious what the
> thoughts of the group were.

However rare the need for a firearm may be is not the reason to be
inadequately armed when the need arises. We can go to any risk activity and
speculate. But most of us still have insurance of some kind. And there can
be choices in arming yourself as well. Particularly if you have to go
someplace where concealed carry is not allowed.

I just can't help getting this strong visual of trying to swat down bullets
with that little extenda club.

John Hanson
September 18th 06, 04:32 AM
On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 15:24:54 -0700, Robert Schuh
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>There is a great deal discussed here about guns, stopping power, what is
>good to carry etc. I think we all have to admit too that a gun is not
>going to be what one will need in about 99.99% of personal
>confrontations. If you are being threatened verbally from 10 feet or
>more away, even if you pull the gun, chances are, you are going to be
>charged with aggravated assault or assault with a deadly weapon. Shoot
>outs between "bad" guys and citizens is also a VERY rare thing. I think
>most people are far better off carrying something non lethal. I think
>one of the best toys is the ASP baton like the cops carry.
>http://tinyurl.com/hx5c5. These can be shown to someone who may be
>coming toward you without you worrying about getting tossed into jail.
>That is of course if you don't whap the asshole with it if he is not
>really a threat. :-) These things provide a very strong psychological
>deterrent along with something that is substantial if needed. I can tell
>you that almost anyone who wants to start some **** will think twice
>when he sees and hears this being extended. I was curious what the
>thoughts of the group were.

What a moron.

David Cohen
September 18th 06, 05:14 AM
"Shute" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote:
>
>>Which is why the smart legally armed civilians (such as me) carry a
>>"continuum of force", the same way police officers do.
>>
>>For me, the continuum starts at being a 6'1", 230 pound male, then
>>progresses through verbal interaction, pepper spray, unarmed combat,
>>knife,
>>gun. I own, but don't carry, an ASP collapsible baton.
>>
>>Any given situation may well have a different order of force, may skip
>>ahead
>>a few or all the steps, and may include the use of any available impact
>>weapons, up to and including the 4000 pound, 4 wheel drive, impact weapon.
>>
>>My current dog is too small and friendly to be much of a weapon. She's
>>more
>>of a furry alarm system.
>
> Where do you hang out that being a 6'1" 230 pound male isn't enough of
> a deterrent?

Planet Earth. You?

> I am 38 years old I have never needed more than my
> mouth to talk with. Most guys try to get me to throw the first punch.
> I just let them know I am not afraid, I am not backing down, and I am
> not starting or encouraging a fight. They run their mouth a lot but I
> haven't hat one hit me yet.

And if you ever run into L'Quandre and his friends, who want your money and
your girlfriend, talk fast.

I have never used my homeowners insurance, my major medical insurance, my
long term disability insurance, my uninsured motorist insurance, my auto
collision insurance, or, surprisingly, my life insurance.

Do you suggest I cancel those policies?

David

Robert Schuh
September 18th 06, 05:50 AM
Lee Michaels wrote:

> "Robert Schuh" > wrote in message
> > There is a great deal discussed here about guns, stopping power, what is
> > good to carry etc. I think we all have to admit too that a gun is not
> > going to be what one will need in about 99.99% of personal
> > confrontations. If you are being threatened verbally from 10 feet or
> > more away, even if you pull the gun, chances are, you are going to be
> > charged with aggravated assault or assault with a deadly weapon. Shoot
> > outs between "bad" guys and citizens is also a VERY rare thing. I think
> > most people are far better off carrying something non lethal. I think
> > one of the best toys is the ASP baton like the cops carry.
> > http://tinyurl.com/hx5c5. These can be shown to someone who may be
> > coming toward you without you worrying about getting tossed into jail.
> > That is of course if you don't whap the asshole with it if he is not
> > really a threat. :-) These things provide a very strong psychological
> > deterrent along with something that is substantial if needed. I can tell
> > you that almost anyone who wants to start some **** will think twice
> > when he sees and hears this being extended. I was curious what the
> > thoughts of the group were.
> >

> However rare the need for a firearm may be is not the reason to be
> inadequately armed when the need arises. We can go to any risk activity and
> speculate. But most of us still have insurance of some kind. And there can
> be choices in arming yourself as well. Particularly if you have to go
> someplace where concealed carry is not allowed.
>
> I just can't help getting this strong visual of trying to swat down bullets
> with that little extenda club.

Lee,
The facts are that there are far more likely to be hit by lightening than find a
need to use a gun in your lifetime. Some people want to go with the argument of
having something for every situation, but where do you stop? An assault rifle in
the car with you, an RPG? You are far more likely to have some type of
confrontation where deadly force is not needed and if you even show the gun,
chances are you will be locked up. I also carry a Karambit,
http://www.karambit.com/strider_knives_hs_karambit.htm, but it requires a lot of
practice and it will get you into much more trouble than the baton will, even if
it is not used.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Robert Schuh
September 18th 06, 05:52 AM
John Hanson wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 15:24:54 -0700, Robert Schuh
> > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
> >There is a great deal discussed here about guns, stopping power, what is
> >good to carry etc. I think we all have to admit too that a gun is not
> >going to be what one will need in about 99.99% of personal
> >confrontations. If you are being threatened verbally from 10 feet or
> >more away, even if you pull the gun, chances are, you are going to be
> >charged with aggravated assault or assault with a deadly weapon. Shoot
> >outs between "bad" guys and citizens is also a VERY rare thing. I think
> >most people are far better off carrying something non lethal. I think
> >one of the best toys is the ASP baton like the cops carry.
> >http://tinyurl.com/hx5c5. These can be shown to someone who may be
> >coming toward you without you worrying about getting tossed into jail.
> >That is of course if you don't whap the asshole with it if he is not
> >really a threat. :-) These things provide a very strong psychological
> >deterrent along with something that is substantial if needed. I can tell
> >you that almost anyone who wants to start some **** will think twice
> >when he sees and hears this being extended. I was curious what the
> >thoughts of the group were.
> >

> What a moron.

Great response there Skippy. Why do you bother? Everyone knows that you do
not post anything related to this newsgroup and know nothing about weight
training, diet etc., so you are just a troll. I suggest you get a ****ing
life. Do enjoy going through life as a sheep and a coward? If you have
something to say, back it up with facts.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Robert Schuh
September 18th 06, 05:54 AM
Shute wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 15:24:54 -0700, Robert Schuh
> > wrote:
>
> >There is a great deal discussed here about guns, stopping power, what is
> >good to carry etc. I think we all have to admit too that a gun is not
> >going to be what one will need in about 99.99% of personal
> >confrontations. If you are being threatened verbally from 10 feet or
> >more away, even if you pull the gun, chances are, you are going to be
> >charged with aggravated assault or assault with a deadly weapon. Shoot
> >outs between "bad" guys and citizens is also a VERY rare thing. I think
> >most people are far better off carrying something non lethal. I think
> >one of the best toys is the ASP baton like the cops carry.
> >http://tinyurl.com/hx5c5. These can be shown to someone who may be
> >coming toward you without you worrying about getting tossed into jail.
> >That is of course if you don't whap the asshole with it if he is not
> >really a threat. :-) These things provide a very strong psychological
> >deterrent along with something that is substantial if needed. I can tell
> >you that almost anyone who wants to start some **** will think twice
> >when he sees and hears this being extended. I was curious what the
> >thoughts of the group were.
>
> I know people that carry small clubs in their car just in case. I
> think a gun escalates the situation to a new level. That is if you
> can get it out in time which many times is not possible. Plus you
> could end up in jail where I live for shooting an attacker.
>
> I think a taser is a cool idea but they made those illegal too. It
> would be easier to pull out and use if the conformation got too close
> for comfort. Pepper spray can be as useful but is you have to be more
> precise with it.
>
> It is really better to just not let someone drag you into a fight. A
> guy I work with came in with a black eye one day. He had gotten out
> of his car at a read light as four guys from another car approached. I
> think he was crazy. They could have left him left him bleeding until
> someone found him in the morning. Is any traffic related incident
> really worth that.

This baton can be carried on your person quite easily and concealed, so it is
quite a bit different than having a club in the car.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 18th 06, 07:29 AM
In article >,
Robert Schuh > wrote:

> There is a great deal discussed here about guns, stopping power, what is
> good to carry etc. I think we all have to admit too that a gun is not
> going to be what one will need in about 99.99% of personal
> confrontations. If you are being threatened verbally from 10 feet or
> more away, even if you pull the gun, chances are, you are going to be
> charged with aggravated assault or assault with a deadly weapon. Shoot
> outs between "bad" guys and citizens is also a VERY rare thing. I think
> most people are far better off carrying something non lethal. I think
> one of the best toys is the ASP baton like the cops carry.
> http://tinyurl.com/hx5c5. These can be shown to someone who may be
> coming toward you without you worrying about getting tossed into jail.
> That is of course if you don't whap the asshole with it if he is not
> really a threat. :-) These things provide a very strong psychological
> deterrent along with something that is substantial if needed. I can tell
> you that almost anyone who wants to start some **** will think twice
> when he sees and hears this being extended. I was curious what the
> thoughts of the group were.

Deadly force is not always called for.
I do carry a gun, but I also carry pepper spray. ;-)

Plus, since I can't carry a gun at work, pepper spray
is available in my pocket (on my keychain) when I'm walking
in from the parking lot at night, in the dark.....

Those baton's are not legal to carry in Texas.

However, there are no laws against 4-D cell maglights.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 18th 06, 07:30 AM
In article >,
Paul Cassel > wrote:

> Robert Schuh wrote:
> > There is a great deal discussed here about guns, stopping power, what is
> > good to carry etc. I think we all have to admit too that a gun is not
> > going to be what one will need in about 99.99% of personal
> > confrontations. If you are being threatened verbally from 10 feet or
> > more away, even if you pull the gun, chances are, you are going to be
> > charged with aggravated assault or assault with a deadly weapon. Shoot
> > outs between "bad" guys and citizens is also a VERY rare thing. I think
> > most people are far better off carrying something non lethal. I think
> > one of the best toys is the ASP baton like the cops carry.
> > http://tinyurl.com/hx5c5. These can be shown to someone who may be
> > coming toward you without you worrying about getting tossed into jail.
> > That is of course if you don't whap the asshole with it if he is not
> > really a threat. :-) These things provide a very strong psychological
> > deterrent along with something that is substantial if needed. I can tell
> > you that almost anyone who wants to start some **** will think twice
> > when he sees and hears this being extended. I was curious what the
> > thoughts of the group were.
>
> Someday we'll know you as "the dead guy who brought a baton to a gun
> fight".

<lol>
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 18th 06, 07:32 AM
In article et>,
"David Cohen" > wrote:

> Which is why the smart legally armed civilians (such as me) carry a
> "continuum of force", the same way police officers do.
>
> For me, the continuum starts at being a 6'1", 230 pound male, then
> progresses through verbal interaction, pepper spray, unarmed combat, knife,
> gun. I own, but don't carry, an ASP collapsible baton.

I just picked up some pepper spray at the gun show on Saturday... along
with a cute little 20 gauge Mossberg. $180.00. Sweet deal I could not
pass up. <G>

No knife yet. Not until I do some reading and I just got in a couple of
books.

> Any given situation may well have a different order of force, may skip ahead
> a few or all the steps, and may include the use of any available impact
> weapons, up to and including the 4000 pound, 4 wheel drive, impact weapon.

<lol> I like that one!

> My current dog is too small and friendly to be much of a weapon. She's more
> of a furry alarm system.
>
> David

What? No ankle biting?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Will Brink
September 18th 06, 02:46 PM
In article >, Robert Schuh
> wrote:

> There is a great deal discussed here about guns, stopping power, what is
> good to carry etc. I think we all have to admit too that a gun is not
> going to be what one will need in about 99.99% of personal
> confrontations. If you are being threatened verbally from 10 feet or
> more away, even if you pull the gun, chances are, you are going to be
> charged with aggravated assault or assault with a deadly weapon. Shoot
> outs between "bad" guys and citizens is also a VERY rare thing. I think
> most people are far better off carrying something non lethal.

Or carry both. Some people carry pepper spray for non lethal threats.

> I think
> one of the best toys is the ASP baton like the cops carry.

I woudn't agree

> http://tinyurl.com/hx5c5. These can be shown to someone who may be
> coming toward you without you worrying about getting tossed into jail.

Not sure why you think that. You require the same set of issues to pull
out and threaten a person with a deadly weapon, and the ASP will be seen
as such in most states. And if the perp has a gun? You're fu*&ed. What
about a small women or an old man? That ASP is worthless to them really,
though pepper spray or taser might still be of some use.

> That is of course if you don't whap the asshole with it if he is not
> really a threat. :-) These things provide a very strong psychological
> deterrent along with something that is substantial if needed. I can tell
> you that almost anyone who wants to start some **** will think twice
> when he sees and hears this being extended. I was curious what the
> thoughts of the group were.

I think you support the argument that people would probably have some
non-lethal means of dealing with a threat (pepper spray probably being
your best bet there) as part of their force continuum plan. I don't think
what you are saying supports in anyway the benefits of carrying an ASP
over a gun. Remember, vast majority of the time (and there' debate over
the exact figure) merely pulling the gun out ends the confrontation.
Criminals are looking for victims, not a gunfight. In those very rare
times presenting a gun does not end the confrontation, that is, the
aggressor has decided to escalate the situation even in the face of a
firearm being pointed at him, you will be damn happy you have a means to
defend yourself against such a threat.

Will Brink
September 18th 06, 03:01 PM
In article >, Robert Schuh
> wrote:

> Lee Michaels wrote:
>
> > "Robert Schuh" > wrote in message
> > > There is a great deal discussed here about guns, stopping power, what is
> > > good to carry etc. I think we all have to admit too that a gun is not
> > > going to be what one will need in about 99.99% of personal
> > > confrontations. If you are being threatened verbally from 10 feet or
> > > more away, even if you pull the gun, chances are, you are going to be
> > > charged with aggravated assault or assault with a deadly weapon. Shoot
> > > outs between "bad" guys and citizens is also a VERY rare thing. I think
> > > most people are far better off carrying something non lethal. I think
> > > one of the best toys is the ASP baton like the cops carry.
> > > http://tinyurl.com/hx5c5. These can be shown to someone who may be
> > > coming toward you without you worrying about getting tossed into jail.
> > > That is of course if you don't whap the asshole with it if he is not
> > > really a threat. :-) These things provide a very strong psychological
> > > deterrent along with something that is substantial if needed. I can tell
> > > you that almost anyone who wants to start some **** will think twice
> > > when he sees and hears this being extended. I was curious what the
> > > thoughts of the group were.
> > >

> > However rare the need for a firearm may be is not the reason to be
> > inadequately armed when the need arises. We can go to any risk activity and
> > speculate. But most of us still have insurance of some kind. And there can
> > be choices in arming yourself as well. Particularly if you have to go
> > someplace where concealed carry is not allowed.
> >
> > I just can't help getting this strong visual of trying to swat down bullets
> > with that little extenda club.
>
> Lee,
> The facts are that there are far more likely to be hit by lightening
than find a
> need to use a gun in your lifetime.

Where are you pulling those stats from Rob? Studies find people in the US
use a gun to prevent a crime between 2 million (Klecks data) times per
year to 700,000 (FBIs data), with the truth probably lying in the middle
some place. Depends on where you live, what you do for work, etc, etc. And
in the middle of a lightning storm, does one run out to the middle of a
flat place with a steel rod and stand there?

> Some people want to go with the argument of
> having something for every situation, but where do you stop? An assault
rifle in
> the car with you, an RPG?

The "you can't prepare for everything so you shouldn't prepare for
anything" position does not hold water and you know it. Where does
anything stop?

Lee Michaels
September 18th 06, 04:46 PM
"Will Brink" > wrote in message
> In article >, Robert Schuh
> > wrote:
>
>> There is a great deal discussed here about guns, stopping power, what is
>> good to carry etc. I think we all have to admit too that a gun is not
>> going to be what one will need in about 99.99% of personal
>> confrontations. If you are being threatened verbally from 10 feet or
>> more away, even if you pull the gun, chances are, you are going to be
>> charged with aggravated assault or assault with a deadly weapon. Shoot
>> outs between "bad" guys and citizens is also a VERY rare thing. I think
>> most people are far better off carrying something non lethal.
>
> Or carry both. Some people carry pepper spray for non lethal threats.
>
>> I think
>> one of the best toys is the ASP baton like the cops carry.
>
> I woudn't agree
>
>> http://tinyurl.com/hx5c5. These can be shown to someone who may be
>> coming toward you without you worrying about getting tossed into jail.
>
> Not sure why you think that. You require the same set of issues to pull
> out and threaten a person with a deadly weapon, and the ASP will be seen
> as such in most states. And if the perp has a gun? You're fu*&ed. What
> about a small women or an old man? That ASP is worthless to them really,
> though pepper spray or taser might still be of some use.
>
>> That is of course if you don't whap the asshole with it if he is not
>> really a threat. :-) These things provide a very strong psychological
>> deterrent along with something that is substantial if needed. I can tell
>> you that almost anyone who wants to start some **** will think twice
>> when he sees and hears this being extended. I was curious what the
>> thoughts of the group were.
>
> I think you support the argument that people would probably have some
> non-lethal means of dealing with a threat (pepper spray probably being
> your best bet there) as part of their force continuum plan. I don't think
> what you are saying supports in anyway the benefits of carrying an ASP
> over a gun. Remember, vast majority of the time (and there' debate over
> the exact figure) merely pulling the gun out ends the confrontation.
> Criminals are looking for victims, not a gunfight. In those very rare
> times presenting a gun does not end the confrontation, that is, the
> aggressor has decided to escalate the situation even in the face of a
> firearm being pointed at him, you will be damn happy you have a means to
> defend yourself against such a threat.

Add to the above remarks the high number of drug fueled violence. You can
pump a lot of bullets in these guys and they don't go down. I watched a few
show recently about cop shootings. A certain percentage of these shootings
took the total capacity of multiple weapons to finally stop the perp.

With enough drugs in their system, a complete magazine may not be enough to
stop the chemically fueled whacko.

I can not imagine trying to fight or grapple with such an agitated, super
strong, non feeling person/monster.

ATP*
September 19th 06, 01:42 AM
"Will Brink" > wrote in message
> In article >, Robert Schuh
> > wrote:
>
>> There is a great deal discussed here about guns, stopping power, what is
>> good to carry etc. I think we all have to admit too that a gun is not
>> going to be what one will need in about 99.99% of personal
>> confrontations. If you are being threatened verbally from 10 feet or
>> more away, even if you pull the gun, chances are, you are going to be
>> charged with aggravated assault or assault with a deadly weapon. Shoot
>> outs between "bad" guys and citizens is also a VERY rare thing. I think
>> most people are far better off carrying something non lethal.
>
> Or carry both. Some people carry pepper spray for non lethal threats.
>
>> I think
>> one of the best toys is the ASP baton like the cops carry.
>
> I woudn't agree
>
>> http://tinyurl.com/hx5c5. These can be shown to someone who may be
>> coming toward you without you worrying about getting tossed into jail.
>
> Not sure why you think that. You require the same set of issues to pull
> out and threaten a person with a deadly weapon, and the ASP will be seen
> as such in most states. And if the perp has a gun? You're fu*&ed. What
> about a small women or an old man?

Rob could probably handle one of them.

That ASP is worthless to them really,
> though pepper spray or taser might still be of some use.

Would the ASP be effective in thwarting a Mike Massey style bitch-slapping?

Henry
September 19th 06, 03:27 AM
David Cohen wrote:

> Which is why the smart legally armed civilians (such as me) carry a
> "continuum of force", the same way police officers do.
>
> For me, the continuum starts at being a 6'1", 230 pound male, then
> progresses through verbal interaction, pepper spray, unarmed combat, knife,
> gun. I own, but don't carry, an ASP collapsible baton.
>
> Any given situation may well have a different order of force, may skip ahead
> a few or all the steps, and may include the use of any available impact
> weapons, up to and including the 4000 pound, 4 wheel drive, impact weapon.

Wow. That's one of the most macho keyboard flexes I've
seen in quite some time. World, be forewarned - don't
ever **** with David Cohen!

--

http://911research.wtc7.net/
http://www.st911.org

"The new America, born in sin and arrogance, delusional
in Manifest Destiny, bred in overabundant gluttony,
consumerist and materialist, fathered by George W. Bush,
Dick Cheney and the Cabal of Criminality, a country flocked
by sheeple, ignorant and conditioned, indifferent to a world
growing up around it, living delusions of empire and of
omnipotence, building hatred against it and its policies
throughout the planet, slowly dumbing down its citizens,
losing its edge in the sciences and arts, producing a nation
of acquiescent automatons brainwashed to never question
authority and always faithfully follow the crimes of governance."
- Manuel Valenzuela

Henry
September 19th 06, 03:31 AM
David Cohen wrote:

> I have never used my homeowners insurance, my major medical insurance, my
> long term disability insurance, my uninsured motorist insurance, my auto
> collision insurance, or, surprisingly, my life insurance.
>
> Do you suggest I cancel those policies?

Keep the long term disability, for sure....

--

http://911research.wtc7.net/
http://www.st911.org

"Brutal and sadistic? By what girly-man standards? Compared
to how Saddam treated his prisoners, a bit of humiliation was
a walk in the park. AFAIK, No one died or even lost any blood."
-Albert Nurick, a usenet kook, on the rape, torture and murder
at bu$h's Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq.
(http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0512-10.htm)