PDA

View Full Version : OT - how many calories in poop?

oregonchick.
September 18th 06, 03:04 AM
I just knew that mfw with it's infinite wisdom could help me out here...

The vet has insisted my beagle lose a few lbs and we have gone so far as to
buy ultra expensive diet dogfood to help him. He'll eat anything that looks
remotely edible, and then some things that I can't imagine anyone survivng
swallowing. Lately Max has taken to snarfing up any turds we come across
during our walk. I try to be quick enough to stop him, but he swallows it
whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to make additional adjustments
to his feeding to account for his feast of feces? and more importantly...
how can I make him stop?

David Cohen
September 18th 06, 03:09 AM
"oregonchick." > wrote
>I just knew that mfw with it's infinite wisdom could help me out here...
>
> The vet has insisted my beagle lose a few lbs and we have gone so far as
> to buy ultra expensive diet dogfood to help him. He'll eat anything that
> looks remotely edible, and then some things that I can't imagine anyone
> survivng swallowing. Lately Max has taken to snarfing up any turds we
> come across during our walk. I try to be quick enough to stop him, but he
> swallows it whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to make
> additional adjustments to his feeding to account for his feast of feces?
> and more importantly... how can I make him stop?

You walk Max on a leash, I assume, and you can't react fast enough to stop a
little fat Beagle from eating poop?

Sorry, can't help you.

David

Lee Michaels
September 18th 06, 04:14 AM
"David Cohen" wimped out and said

> "oregonchick." > wrote
>>I just knew that mfw with it's infinite wisdom could help me out here...
>>
>> The vet has insisted my beagle lose a few lbs and we have gone so far as
>> to buy ultra expensive diet dogfood to help him. He'll eat anything that
>> looks remotely edible, and then some things that I can't imagine anyone
>> survivng swallowing. Lately Max has taken to snarfing up any turds we
>> come across during our walk. I try to be quick enough to stop him, but
>> he swallows it whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to make
>> additional adjustments to his feeding to account for his feast of feces?
>> and more importantly... how can I make him stop?
>
> You walk Max on a leash, I assume, and you can't react fast enough to stop
> a little fat Beagle from eating poop?
>
> Sorry, can't help you.

David, David, are you wimping out on us here?

Maybe she could do some sorta competitive thing and beat max to the poop.
Dogs understand who is the alpha dog, she would simply have to pounce on the
poop faster than max, then max would have to do without.

It may even work out to be some sorta aerobics/agility exercise.

Now, wasn't that simple?

David Cohen
September 18th 06, 04:39 AM
"Lee Michaels" > wrote
> "David Cohen" wimped out and said
>> "oregonchick." > wrote
>>>I just knew that mfw with it's infinite wisdom could help me out here...
>>>
>>> The vet has insisted my beagle lose a few lbs and we have gone so far as
>>> to buy ultra expensive diet dogfood to help him. He'll eat anything
>>> that looks remotely edible, and then some things that I can't imagine
>>> anyone survivng swallowing. Lately Max has taken to snarfing up any
>>> turds we come across during our walk. I try to be quick enough to stop
>>> him, but he swallows it whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to
>>> make additional adjustments to his feeding to account for his feast of
>>> feces? and more importantly... how can I make him stop?
>>
>> You walk Max on a leash, I assume, and you can't react fast enough to
>> stop a little fat Beagle from eating poop?
>>
>> Sorry, can't help you.
>>
> David, David, are you wimping out on us here?
>
> Maybe she could do some sorta competitive thing and beat max to the poop.
> Dogs understand who is the alpha dog, she would simply have to pounce on
> the poop faster than max, then max would have to do without.
>
> It may even work out to be some sorta aerobics/agility exercise.
>
> Now, wasn't that simple?

Lee, I just knew that mfw with it's infinite wisdom could help me out
here...

Whenever I try to pick up a barbell or dumbbell, the weight just seems to
stay on the floor. Am I supposed to close my fingers around the bar? If so,
can you explain, in detail, exactly how I'm supposed to do that?

Thanks in advance.

David

oregonchick.
September 18th 06, 04:50 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
link.net...

> "oregonchick." > wrote
>>I just knew that mfw with it's infinite wisdom could help me out here...
>>
>> The vet has insisted my beagle lose a few lbs and we have gone so far as
>> to buy ultra expensive diet dogfood to help him. He'll eat anything that
>> looks remotely edible, and then some things that I can't imagine anyone
>> survivng swallowing. Lately Max has taken to snarfing up any turds we
>> come across during our walk. I try to be quick enough to stop him, but
>> he swallows it whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to make
>> additional adjustments to his feeding to account for his feast of feces?
>> and more importantly... how can I make him stop?
>
> You walk Max on a leash, I assume, and you can't react fast enough to stop
> a little fat Beagle from eating poop?
>
> Sorry, can't help you.

Um, what am I supposed to do? Scan the horizon for poop every second? And
if I see some, should I cross the street to avoid it? And then, if Max does
happen to find it before I do, should I wrestle him to the ground and dig it
from the back of his throat?

So, does poop have calories or not?

David Cohen
September 18th 06, 05:07 AM
"oregonchick." > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote
>> "oregonchick." > wrote
>>>I just knew that mfw with it's infinite wisdom could help me out here...
>>>
>>> The vet has insisted my beagle lose a few lbs and we have gone so far as
>>> to buy ultra expensive diet dogfood to help him. He'll eat anything
>>> that looks remotely edible, and then some things that I can't imagine
>>> anyone survivng swallowing. Lately Max has taken to snarfing up any
>>> turds we come across during our walk. I try to be quick enough to stop
>>> him, but he swallows it whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to
>>> make additional adjustments to his feeding to account for his feast of
>>> feces? and more importantly... how can I make him stop?
>>
>> You walk Max on a leash, I assume, and you can't react fast enough to
>> stop a little fat Beagle from eating poop?
>>
>> Sorry, can't help you.
>
> Um, what am I supposed to do? Scan the horizon for poop every second?
> And if I see some, should I cross the street to avoid it? And then, if
> Max does happen to find it before I do, should I wrestle him to the ground
> and dig it from the back of his throat?

I know nothing about dogs and am unable to help you.

> So, does poop have calories or not?

All mammalian feces has calories. The digestive systems of mammals are not
nearly efficient enough to absorb all the fat, carbohydrates, and protein.

David

Curt James
September 18th 06, 05:09 AM
oregonchick. wrote:
> "David Cohen" wrote
> > "oregonchick." wrote
> >>I just knew that mfw with it's infinite wisdom could help me out here...
> >>
> >> The vet has insisted my beagle lose a few lbs and we have gone so far as
> >> to buy ultra expensive diet dogfood to help him. He'll eat anything that
> >> looks remotely edible, and then some things that I can't imagine anyone
> >> survivng swallowing. Lately Max has taken to snarfing up any turds we
> >> come across during our walk. I try to be quick enough to stop him, but
> >> he swallows it whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to make
> >> additional adjustments to his feeding to account for his feast of feces?
> >> and more importantly... how can I make him stop?
> >
> > You walk Max on a leash, I assume, and you can't react fast enough to stop
> > a little fat Beagle from eating poop?
> >
> > Sorry, can't help you.
>
> Um, what am I supposed to do? Scan the horizon for poop every second? And
> if I see some, should I cross the street to avoid it? And then, if Max does
> happen to find it before I do, should I wrestle him to the ground and dig it
> from the back of his throat?
>
> So, does poop have calories or not?

I vote "yes" - poop has calories.

Does a muzzle have calories? Because I'd have Max's mouth gently and
appropriately sealed off from eating poop.

I'd say that Max eating frigging $#!t is an indication that the "ultra
expensive diet dogfood" is not cutting the mustard, so to speak. Or...
his diet is lacking and he's finding what he needs in the front yard
buffet?

Best of luck to you and your loveable, if less than gourmet, pooch.

--
Curt

Art S
September 18th 06, 05:58 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
link.net...

> Lee, I just knew that mfw with it's infinite wisdom could help me out here...
>
> Whenever I try to pick up a barbell or dumbbell, the weight just seems to stay on the floor. Am I
> supposed to close my fingers around the bar? If so, can you explain, in detail, exactly how I'm
> supposed to do that?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> David

Have you considered hiring a 6' 6", 280 lb street fighter holding an... asp, is it?
to act like he's going to attack you as you reach down to the bar?

You'll probably not only be able to close your fingers around the bar, but you'll
also be able to pick it up and throw it a couple yards away from you.

HTH

Art

David Cohen
September 18th 06, 07:00 AM
"Art S" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote
>>
>> Lee, I just knew that mfw with it's infinite wisdom could help me out
>> here...
>>
>> Whenever I try to pick up a barbell or dumbbell, the weight just seems to
>> stay on the floor. Am I supposed to close my fingers around the bar? If
>> so, can you explain, in detail, exactly how I'm supposed to do that?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

> Have you considered hiring a 6' 6", 280 lb street fighter holding an...
> asp, is it?
> to act like he's going to attack you as you reach down to the bar?

A 6' 6", 280 lb street fighter about to club me would be shot.

> You'll probably not only be able to close your fingers around the bar, but
> you'll
> also be able to pick it up and throw it a couple yards away from you.
>
> HTH

No. It didn't. I'm disappointed.

David

Art S
September 18th 06, 07:09 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "Art S" > wrote
>> "David Cohen" > wrote
>>>
>>> Lee, I just knew that mfw with it's infinite wisdom could help me out here...
>>>
>>> Whenever I try to pick up a barbell or dumbbell, the weight just seems to stay on the floor. Am
>>> I supposed to close my fingers around the bar? If so, can you explain, in detail, exactly how
>>> I'm supposed to do that?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>
>> Have you considered hiring a 6' 6", 280 lb street fighter holding an... asp, is it?
>> to act like he's going to attack you as you reach down to the bar?
>
> A 6' 6", 280 lb street fighter about to club me would be shot.
>
>> You'll probably not only be able to close your fingers around the bar, but you'll
>> also be able to pick it up and throw it a couple yards away from you.
>>
>> HTH
>
> No. It didn't. I'm disappointed.
>
> David

If you're holding a gun in your hands while trying to pick up the bar, I can
see why you have problems.

Art

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 18th 06, 07:42 AM
In article >,
"oregonchick." > wrote:

> I just knew that mfw with it's infinite wisdom could help me out here...
>
> The vet has insisted my beagle lose a few lbs and we have gone so far as to
> buy ultra expensive diet dogfood to help him. He'll eat anything that looks
> remotely edible, and then some things that I can't imagine anyone survivng
> swallowing. Lately Max has taken to snarfing up any turds we come across
> during our walk. I try to be quick enough to stop him, but he swallows it
> whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to make additional adjustments
> to his feeding to account for his feast of feces? and more importantly...
> how can I make him stop?

Try here:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=coprophagia+in+dog

Or here:

http://tinyurl.com/mrr5m

My housemates dog used to try to snatch a quick snack when he walked by
the cat litter box on his way back into the bedroom. He quit doing it
when we started feeding canned food on a daily basis.

His fur looks better too.

HTH?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Lee Michaels
September 18th 06, 08:40 AM
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote

> My housemates dog used to try to snatch a quick snack when he walked by
> the cat litter box on his way back into the bedroom. He quit doing it
> when we started feeding canned food on a daily basis.
>
> His fur looks better too.

Somewhere in that heartwarming story, a marketing program is straining to
get out.

Lee Michaels
September 18th 06, 08:47 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote

> Lee, I just knew that mfw with it's infinite wisdom could help me out
> here...
>
> Whenever I try to pick up a barbell or dumbbell, the weight just seems to
> stay on the floor. Am I supposed to close my fingers around the bar? If
> so, can you explain, in detail, exactly how I'm supposed to do that?

This is a trick question isn't it?

Now, most people would just advise you to wrap the fingers around the bar
and lift. If the weight is too heavy or light, just increase or decrease
enough to acheive the correct weight.

But this is David Cohen, famous Jew Athiest. We need a different method for
him.

With David, just apply sufficient bull**** and charm, with a little body
english, and the weights will respond appropriately.

And, as Art so thoughtfully pointed out, put the gun away until after the
workout. Hard to shoot and lift at the same time.

Charles
September 18th 06, 08:51 AM
On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 20:50:53 -0700, "oregonchick."
> wrote:

>"David Cohen" > wrote in message
link.net...

>> "oregonchick." > wrote
>>>I just knew that mfw with it's infinite wisdom could help me out here...
>>>
>>> The vet has insisted my beagle lose a few lbs and we have gone so far as
>>> to buy ultra expensive diet dogfood to help him. He'll eat anything that
>>> looks remotely edible, and then some things that I can't imagine anyone
>>> survivng swallowing. Lately Max has taken to snarfing up any turds we
>>> come across during our walk. I try to be quick enough to stop him, but
>>> he swallows it whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to make
>>> additional adjustments to his feeding to account for his feast of feces?
>>> and more importantly... how can I make him stop?
>>
>> You walk Max on a leash, I assume, and you can't react fast enough to stop
>> a little fat Beagle from eating poop?
>>
>> Sorry, can't help you.
>
>Um, what am I supposed to do? Scan the horizon for poop every second?

It seems a logical and caring solution.

>And
>if I see some, should I cross the street to avoid it?

Other less dramatic avoidance tactics may suffice; how about you walk
around it, or pull back on Max's lead?

> And then, if Max does
>happen to find it before I do, should I wrestle him to the ground and dig it
>from the back of his throat?

Not unless you wish to share the delicate morsel with him.

Just give him a good kick up the arse accompanied by guttural
indications of your disapproval. However, depraved appetites in
canines is quite common and usually indicates something lacking in the
dog's diet. On the other hand, Max may just be a kinky *******.

Given Max's predilection for eating ****, do make sure that he is not
allowed to lick and do other doggy things to adoring children. Also
advise your SO if you allow Max to give you affectionate licks and
kisses etc.

>So, does poop have calories or not?

A quite considerable amount; not all ingested matter is completely
digested before disposal by defaecation. In kraals around the world
hyenas make a feast of native crap, while the said natives rely on
this method of hygiene as much as you rely on the Crapper ball-cock
and syphon method.

Ugh! It's Monday! ;o(

Matt
September 18th 06, 05:44 PM
oregonchick. wrote:
> I just knew that mfw with it's infinite wisdom could help me out here...
>
> The vet has insisted my beagle lose a few lbs and we have gone so far as to
> buy ultra expensive diet dogfood to help him. He'll eat anything that looks
> remotely edible, and then some things that I can't imagine anyone survivng
> swallowing. Lately Max has taken to snarfing up any turds we come across
> during our walk. I try to be quick enough to stop him, but he swallows it
> whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to make additional adjustments
> to his feeding to account for his feast of feces? and more importantly...
> how can I make him stop?

If the dog is eating waste it's a sign that he is not getting enough
protein. Seriously, ask your vet.

oregonchick.
September 18th 06, 09:17 PM
"Matt" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> oregonchick. wrote:
>> I just knew that mfw with it's infinite wisdom could help me out here...
>>
>> The vet has insisted my beagle lose a few lbs and we have gone so far as
>> buy ultra expensive diet dogfood to help him. He'll eat anything that
>> looks
>> remotely edible, and then some things that I can't imagine anyone
>> survivng
>> swallowing. Lately Max has taken to snarfing up any turds we come across
>> during our walk. I try to be quick enough to stop him, but he swallows
>> it
>> whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to make additional
>> adjustments
>> to his feeding to account for his feast of feces? and more
>> importantly...
>> how can I make him stop?
>
> If the dog is eating waste it's a sign that he is not getting enough
> protein. Seriously, ask your vet.

I did. She says it's a beagle thing...

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 18th 06, 10:01 PM
In article >,
"oregonchick." > wrote:

> "Matt" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > oregonchick. wrote:
> >> I just knew that mfw with it's infinite wisdom could help me out here...
> >>
> >> The vet has insisted my beagle lose a few lbs and we have gone so far as
> >> buy ultra expensive diet dogfood to help him. He'll eat anything that
> >> looks
> >> remotely edible, and then some things that I can't imagine anyone
> >> survivng
> >> swallowing. Lately Max has taken to snarfing up any turds we come across
> >> during our walk. I try to be quick enough to stop him, but he swallows
> >> it
> >> whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to make additional
> >> adjustments
> >> to his feeding to account for his feast of feces? and more
> >> importantly...
> >> how can I make him stop?
> >
> > If the dog is eating waste it's a sign that he is not getting enough
> > protein. Seriously, ask your vet.

> I did. She says it's a beagle thing...

You need another vet...

That's nonsense.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

geek_girl
September 18th 06, 10:11 PM
oregonchick. wrote:
> "David Cohen" > wrote in message
> link.net...
> >
> > "oregonchick." > wrote
> >>I just knew that mfw with it's infinite wisdom could help me out here...
> >>
> >> The vet has insisted my beagle lose a few lbs and we have gone so far as
> >> to buy ultra expensive diet dogfood to help him. He'll eat anything that
> >> looks remotely edible, and then some things that I can't imagine anyone
> >> survivng swallowing. Lately Max has taken to snarfing up any turds we
> >> come across during our walk. I try to be quick enough to stop him, but
> >> he swallows it whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to make
> >> additional adjustments to his feeding to account for his feast of feces?
> >> and more importantly... how can I make him stop?
> >
> > You walk Max on a leash, I assume, and you can't react fast enough to stop
> > a little fat Beagle from eating poop?
> >
> > Sorry, can't help you.
>
> Um, what am I supposed to do? Scan the horizon for poop every second? And
> if I see some, should I cross the street to avoid it? And then, if Max does
> happen to find it before I do, should I wrestle him to the ground and dig it
> from the back of his throat?

Operating a leash isn't really all that complex. If you don't know how
to use a leash to control a dog, then you shouldn't have a dog.

Curt James
September 18th 06, 10:48 PM
geek_girl wrote:
[...]

> Operating a leash isn't really all that complex.
> If you don't know how to use a leash to control
> a dog, then you shouldn't have a dog.

And you've owned and/or walked dogs of all temperments and behaviors,
yes? I mean by making that statement it would indicate - at least from
my perspective - that you're saying that with the confidence of having
walked a number of dogs with energy levels from mild to wild. Is that
correct?

I'd like to put a leash on blanket statements made by people without
experience. Would that apply to you, geek_girl? What is your experience
so far as operating a leash goes? Have you owned... one dog?

--
Curt

geek_girl
September 18th 06, 10:55 PM
Curt James wrote:
> geek_girl wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Operating a leash isn't really all that complex.
> > If you don't know how to use a leash to control
> > a dog, then you shouldn't have a dog.
>
> And you've owned and/or walked dogs of all temperments and behaviors,
> yes? I mean by making that statement it would indicate - at least from
> my perspective - that you're saying that with the confidence of having
> walked a number of dogs with energy levels from mild to wild. Is that
> correct?

I've walked a lot of different dogs, yes. All possible temperaments and
behaviors? Them's some might strong words, and I hesitate to say yes to
that. In any case, one should be able to control one's own dog, if not
all dogs.

> I'd like to put a leash on blanket statements made by people without
> experience. Would that apply to you, geek_girl? What is your experience
> so far as operating a leash goes? Have you owned... one dog?

You have no idea what you're talking about. No, I have not owned one
dog. I've owned two with my family and two on my own. I've also dog-sat
many other dogs. For some reason, people trust me with their animals.

Curt James
September 18th 06, 11:12 PM
geek_girl wrote:
> Curt James wrote:
> > geek_girl wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > > Operating a leash isn't really all that complex.
> > > If you don't know how to use a leash to control
> > > a dog, then you shouldn't have a dog.
> >
> > And you've owned and/or walked dogs of all temperments and behaviors,
> > yes? I mean by making that statement it would indicate - at least from
> > my perspective - that you're saying that with the confidence of having
> > walked a number of dogs with energy levels from mild to wild. Is that
> > correct?
>
> I've walked a lot of different dogs, yes.

Okay.

> All possible temperaments and behaviors? Them's some might strong
> words, and I hesitate to say yes to that.

Oh. So you hesitate to say yes to that, but you have no compunction
over "If you don't know how to use a leash to control a dog, then you
shouldn't have a dog."? Because, hey, imo, "Them's some might strong
words," too.

> In any case, one should be able to control one's own dog,
> if not all dogs.

Should covers a lot of ground.

> > I'd like to put a leash on blanket statements made by people without
> > experience. Would that apply to you, geek_girl? What is your experience
> > so far as operating a leash goes? Have you owned... one dog?
>
> You have no idea what you're talking about.

I was talking about putting a leash on blanket statements. I *asked*
about your experience with dogs.

> No, I have not owned one dog. I've owned two with my family and two
> on my own.

That's four. Is that a lot of experience? I say no.

> I've also dog-sat many other dogs.

How many is "many other dogs"? Scratch that. I'm not looking for an
argument - just pointing out my dislike of blanket statements.

> For some reason, people trust me with their animals.

Cool.

--
Curt

ed
September 18th 06, 11:28 PM
oregonchick. wrote:
> "David Cohen" > wrote in message
> link.net...
> > "oregonchick." > wrote
<snip>
> > You walk Max on a leash, I assume, and you can't react fast enough to stop
> > a little fat Beagle from eating poop?
> >
> > Sorry, can't help you.
>
> Um, what am I supposed to do? Scan the horizon for poop every second? And
> if I see some, should I cross the street to avoid it?

you should walk your dog so he's close to you, not a leash length away,
constantly sniffing the ground. he should go sniff / pee / poop when
you let him.

> And then, if Max does
> happen to find it before I do, should I wrestle him to the ground and dig it
> from the back of his throat?

he should be trained to drop items on command. i would recommend
training with toys and food rather than poop. ;D

> So, does poop have calories or not?

why wouldn't it?

David Cohen
September 18th 06, 11:49 PM
"geek_girl" > wrote
> Curt James wrote:
>> geek_girl wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> > Operating a leash isn't really all that complex.
>> > If you don't know how to use a leash to control
>> > a dog, then you shouldn't have a dog.
>>
>> And you've owned and/or walked dogs of all temperments and behaviors,
>> yes? I mean by making that statement it would indicate - at least from
>> my perspective - that you're saying that with the confidence of having
>> walked a number of dogs with energy levels from mild to wild. Is that
>> correct?
>
> I've walked a lot of different dogs, yes. All possible temperaments and
> behaviors? Them's some might strong words, and I hesitate to say yes to
> that. In any case, one should be able to control one's own dog, if not
> all dogs.
>
>> I'd like to put a leash on blanket statements made by people without
>> experience. Would that apply to you, geek_girl? What is your experience
>> so far as operating a leash goes? Have you owned... one dog?
>
> You have no idea what you're talking about. No, I have not owned one
> dog. I've owned two with my family and two on my own. I've also dog-sat
> many other dogs. For some reason, people trust me with their animals.

Yeah, but, have you walked a hungry fat Beagle? Thought not.

This thread has been filled with so much "poop", I'm not offering any
advice. I'm getting Katra flashbacks.

Wow, I've reached my idiot-dog-owner-tolerance level. I didn't think it
would happen so soon.

Oh, well. You and Nina can still walk my dog :)

David

geek_girl
September 19th 06, 12:17 AM
David Cohen wrote:
> "geek_girl" > wrote
> > Curt James wrote:
> >> geek_girl wrote:
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> And you've owned and/or walked dogs of all temperments and behaviors,
> >> yes? I mean by making that statement it would indicate - at least from
> >> my perspective - that you're saying that with the confidence of having
> >> walked a number of dogs with energy levels from mild to wild. Is that
> >> correct?
> >
> > I've walked a lot of different dogs, yes. All possible temperaments and
> > behaviors? Them's some might strong words, and I hesitate to say yes to
> > that. In any case, one should be able to control one's own dog, if not
> > all dogs.
> >
> >> I'd like to put a leash on blanket statements made by people without
> >> experience. Would that apply to you, geek_girl? What is your experience
> >> so far as operating a leash goes? Have you owned... one dog?
> >
> > You have no idea what you're talking about. No, I have not owned one
> > dog. I've owned two with my family and two on my own. I've also dog-sat
> > many other dogs. For some reason, people trust me with their animals.
>
> Yeah, but, have you walked a hungry fat Beagle? Thought not.

If a fat beagle-lab mix (I refer to him as a "Beaglador") counts, then
yes, indeed I have. I've even walked him leashless. If I see him about
to get into something he shouldn't be getting into, I stop him with a
verbal command.

> This thread has been filled with so much "poop", I'm not offering any
> advice. I'm getting Katra flashbacks.
>
> Wow, I've reached my idiot-dog-owner-tolerance level. I didn't think it
> would happen so soon.

I'm getting there too.

> Oh, well. You and Nina can still walk my dog :)

I'd be honored to walk your dog.

Curt James
September 19th 06, 12:18 AM
Cohen asked:
[...]

> Yeah, but, have you walked a hungry fat Beagle?

[...]

NOT THAT YOU ASKED... (well, me anyway) but I have. Uh, actually two
out of three as the dog was not fat - I've "walked" a hungry Beagle.
I'm no dog trainer, however I'd love to see someone just try to control
my one exgirlfriend's beagle, Pokey. The name was short for Pocahontas
and had absolutely NOTHING to do with being slow or pokey.

Quick like lightning. If that dog wanted to eat poop, I 'spect she'da
had it down her throat before you'd have even noticed it was there.
And, ed (from elsewhere in this thread), she'da **** right on your
shoe, pal, slipped her collar, ate her own poop AND your shoe, and then
ran off down the road at a blistering pace. You'd have been left
standing and blinking with your leash, a bare foot, and doggie doo
splattered on your ankle. Bank on THAT.

--
Curt

Curt James
September 19th 06, 12:22 AM
geek_girl wrote:
> David Cohen wrote:
[...]

> > Yeah, but, have you walked a hungry fat Beagle? <snip>
>
> If a fat beagle-lab mix (I refer to him as a "Beaglador") counts, then
> yes, indeed I have. I've even walked him leashless. If I see him about
> to get into something he shouldn't be getting into, I stop him with a
> verbal command.

Verbal command?

(ponders Pokey's possible response)

(spits whey shake all over monitor)

Ime, Beagladors are apparently much different than at least one Beagle.

--
Curt

geek_girl
September 19th 06, 12:27 AM
Curt James wrote:
> geek_girl wrote:
> > Curt James wrote:
> > > geek_girl wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > And you've owned and/or walked dogs of all temperments and behaviors,
> > > yes? I mean by making that statement it would indicate - at least from
> > > my perspective - that you're saying that with the confidence of having
> > > walked a number of dogs with energy levels from mild to wild. Is that
> > > correct?
> >
> > I've walked a lot of different dogs, yes.
>
> Okay.
>
> > All possible temperaments and behaviors? Them's some might strong
> > words, and I hesitate to say yes to that.
>
> Oh. So you hesitate to say yes to that, but you have no compunction
> over "If you don't know how to use a leash to control a dog, then you
> shouldn't have a dog."? Because, hey, imo, "Them's some might strong
> words," too.

Thank you for quoting my typo. :) They're two very different
statements. I can't say I've walked dogs of all possible behaviors,
because IMO that's just not possible. While there are many common
behaviors, and I've dealt with many of those, I'm sure that there are
dogs out there constantly coming up with new quirks. My statement,
however, is very limited in scope. It may seem strong, but it's a
simple "if-then" statement that doesn't cover a whole lot of ground.
The "if" only covers one condition.

> > In any case, one should be able to control one's own dog,
> > if not all dogs.
>
> Should covers a lot of ground.

I don't know what that's supposed to mean. It's not the "should" that's
covering any ground; it's the "if" conditions.

> > > I'd like to put a leash on blanket statements made by people without
> > > experience. Would that apply to you, geek_girl? What is your experience
> > > so far as operating a leash goes? Have you owned... one dog?
> >
> > You have no idea what you're talking about.
>
> I was talking about putting a leash on blanket statements. I *asked*
> about your experience with dogs.
>
> > No, I have not owned one dog. I've owned two with my family and two
> > on my own.
>
> That's four. Is that a lot of experience? I say no.

Doesn't the total amount of time matter? How about the specifics of the
particular dog-owning experiences?

> > I've also dog-sat many other dogs.
>
> How many is "many other dogs"? Scratch that. I'm not looking for an
> argument - just pointing out my dislike of blanket statements.

I *generally* don't like blanket statements either, but I can't think
of a single circumstance under which it's a good idea or even
reasonable for someone to have a dog she can't control.

> > For some reason, people trust me with their animals.
>
> Cool.

Not always. I refused to dog-sit for the Jack Russell terrors ever
again.

Richard
September 19th 06, 12:41 AM
oregonchick. wrote:
> "David Cohen" > wrote in message
> link.net...
>> "oregonchick." > wrote
>>> I just knew that mfw with it's infinite wisdom could help me out here...
>>>
>>> The vet has insisted my beagle lose a few lbs and we have gone so far as
>>> to buy ultra expensive diet dogfood to help him. He'll eat anything that
>>> looks remotely edible, and then some things that I can't imagine anyone
>>> survivng swallowing. Lately Max has taken to snarfing up any turds we
>>> come across during our walk. I try to be quick enough to stop him, but
>>> he swallows it whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to make
>>> additional adjustments to his feeding to account for his feast of feces?
>>> and more importantly... how can I make him stop?
>> You walk Max on a leash, I assume, and you can't react fast enough to stop
>> a little fat Beagle from eating poop?
>>
>> Sorry, can't help you.
>
> Um, what am I supposed to do? Scan the horizon for poop every second? And
> if I see some, should I cross the street to avoid it? And then, if Max does
> happen to find it before I do, should I wrestle him to the ground and dig it
> from the back of his throat?
>
> So, does poop have calories or not?

You should short leash him and not use one of those "lazy dog owner 16'
extension leashes". That way he won't get to it before you do.

OTH, if it's a 4' leash and he's getting to it first then you've got
bigger problems. i.e., flexibility, eyesight, coordination, to deal with
first.

HTH
Richard

Curt James
September 19th 06, 12:49 AM
geek_girl wrote:
> Curt James wrote:
> > geek_girl wrote:

> > > All possible temperaments <snip>
>
> Thank you for quoting my typo. :)

Um, that'd be MY typo, right? I misspelled temperament. Actually, not a
typo but a flat-out misspelling.

[...]

> > > In any case, one should be able to control one's own dog,
> > > if not all dogs.
> >
> > Should covers a lot of ground.
>
> I don't know what that's supposed to mean.

It means - again, from my perspective - that there are a ton of
variables that would impact negatively on that "should" comment. Yeah,
people SHOULD be able to control their dogs, however this, this, this,
this, this, this, and about 12 billion thats might change the should to
ain't gonna happen, imo.

> It's not the "should" that's covering any ground; it's
> the "if" conditions.

My turn!

I don't know what that's supposed to mean.

> > That's four. Is that a lot of experience? I say no.
>
> Doesn't the total amount of time matter?

No!

> How about the specifics of the particular dog-owning
> experiences?

NO!

(Hey, I requested a leash on *blanket statements*, but I'm all for
bullheaded unreasonable obstinance. Hth. ;o))

[...]

> > <snip> I'm not looking for an
> > argument - just pointing out my dislike of blanket statements.
>
> I *generally* don't like blanket statements either, but I can't think
> of a single circumstance under which it's a good idea or even
> reasonable for someone to have a dog she can't control.

Define control. A bit of dog poop is not a reason to eliminate a
person's qualification or allowance to be a dog owner, imo. But that's
not what you meant, right?

> > > For some reason, people trust me with their animals.
> >
> > Cool.
>
> Not always. I refused to dog-sit for the Jack Russell terrors

HA! And terrors was no typo, I suspect.

> ever again.

TELL THE TAIL, er, tale! :o)

--
Curt

ed
September 19th 06, 01:01 AM
Curt James wrote:
> Cohen asked:
> [...]
>
> > Yeah, but, have you walked a hungry fat Beagle?
>
> [...]
>
> NOT THAT YOU ASKED... (well, me anyway) but I have. Uh, actually two
> out of three as the dog was not fat - I've "walked" a hungry Beagle.
> I'm no dog trainer, however I'd love to see someone just try to control
> my one exgirlfriend's beagle, Pokey. The name was short for Pocahontas
> and had absolutely NOTHING to do with being slow or pokey.
>
> Quick like lightning. If that dog wanted to eat poop, I 'spect she'da
> had it down her throat before you'd have even noticed it was there.
> And, ed (from elsewhere in this thread), she'da **** right on your
> shoe, pal, slipped her collar, ate her own poop AND your shoe, and then
> ran off down the road at a blistering pace. You'd have been left
> standing and blinking with your leash, a bare foot, and doggie doo
> splattered on your ankle. Bank on THAT.

no way dude- everything you're saying smacks of a dog that's the alpha
dog in the house; the owner should be the alpha dog. i suspect that
the beagle you've walked also tugs on the leash in front of you, barks
when people approach the door, gets all excited and psycho when it's
time to go for a walk, possibly growls at you when you try to kick it
off the couch, etc. the problem isn't the dog- it's the OWNER. a dog
being walked under control, following it's leader, does not have it's
nose on the ground constantly, and a properly fitted collar will not be
slipped. a well trained dog also does eat your shoe (or anything else
belonging to the alpha dog!).

Curt James
September 19th 06, 01:07 AM
ed wrote:
> Curt James wrote:
[...]

> > Quick like lightning. If that dog wanted to eat poop, I 'spect she'da
> > had it down her throat before you'd have even noticed it was there.
> > And, ed (from elsewhere in this thread), she'da **** right on your
> > shoe, pal, slipped her collar, ate her own poop AND your shoe, and then
> > ran off down the road at a blistering pace. You'd have been left
> > standing and blinking with your leash, a bare foot, and doggie doo
> > splattered on your ankle. Bank on THAT.
>
> no way dude- everything you're saying smacks of a dog that's the alpha
> dog in the house; the owner should be the alpha dog.

Actually, the alpha was my exgf's chihuahua. That dog woulda **** on
your other shoe.

> the beagle you've walked also tugs on the leash in front of you, barks
> when people approach the door, gets all excited and psycho when it's
> time to go for a walk, possibly growls at you when you try to kick it
> off the couch, etc. the problem isn't the dog- it's the OWNER.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!

(My exgirlfriend was the owner. heh)

> being walked under control, following it's leader, does not have it's
> nose on the ground constantly, and a properly fitted collar will not be
> slipped. a well trained dog also does eat your shoe (or anything else
> belonging to the alpha dog!).

Neither dog ever growled at me. They were loving beasts, but the
chihuahua was the true alpha. He ruled the roost. Charged at two
dobies. Thankfully, the tiny tyrant was on a leash and the Dobermans
were fenced in. Fearless!

--
Curt

David Cohen
September 19th 06, 01:33 AM
<top posting because it's appropriate in this case>

You two have a superficial, inaccurate, quite common, lack of understanding
of canine dominance theory.

OK, back to bull****ting each other. Sorry to have interrupted.

David

"Curt James" > wrote
> ed wrote:
>> Curt James wrote:
> [...]
>
>> > Quick like lightning. If that dog wanted to eat poop, I 'spect she'da
>> > had it down her throat before you'd have even noticed it was there.
>> > And, ed (from elsewhere in this thread), she'da **** right on your
>> > shoe, pal, slipped her collar, ate her own poop AND your shoe, and then
>> > ran off down the road at a blistering pace. You'd have been left
>> > standing and blinking with your leash, a bare foot, and doggie doo
>> > splattered on your ankle. Bank on THAT.
>>
>> no way dude- everything you're saying smacks of a dog that's the alpha
>> dog in the house; the owner should be the alpha dog.
>
> Actually, the alpha was my exgf's chihuahua. That dog woulda **** on
> your other shoe.
>
>> the beagle you've walked also tugs on the leash in front of you, barks
>> when people approach the door, gets all excited and psycho when it's
>> time to go for a walk, possibly growls at you when you try to kick it
>> off the couch, etc. the problem isn't the dog- it's the OWNER.
>
> YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!
>
> (My exgirlfriend was the owner. heh)
>
>> being walked under control, following it's leader, does not have it's
>> nose on the ground constantly, and a properly fitted collar will not be
>> slipped. a well trained dog also does eat your shoe (or anything else
>> belonging to the alpha dog!).
>
> Neither dog ever growled at me. They were loving beasts, but the
> chihuahua was the true alpha. He ruled the roost. Charged at two
> dobies. Thankfully, the tiny tyrant was on a leash and the Dobermans
> were fenced in. Fearless!

geek_girl
September 19th 06, 02:09 AM
ed wrote:
> Curt James wrote:
> > Cohen asked:
> > [...]
> >
> > > Yeah, but, have you walked a hungry fat Beagle?
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > NOT THAT YOU ASKED... (well, me anyway) but I have. Uh, actually two
> > out of three as the dog was not fat - I've "walked" a hungry Beagle.
> > I'm no dog trainer, however I'd love to see someone just try to control
> > my one exgirlfriend's beagle, Pokey. The name was short for Pocahontas
> > and had absolutely NOTHING to do with being slow or pokey.
> >
> > Quick like lightning. If that dog wanted to eat poop, I 'spect she'da
> > had it down her throat before you'd have even noticed it was there.
> > And, ed (from elsewhere in this thread), she'da **** right on your
> > shoe, pal, slipped her collar, ate her own poop AND your shoe, and then
> > ran off down the road at a blistering pace. You'd have been left
> > standing and blinking with your leash, a bare foot, and doggie doo
> > splattered on your ankle. Bank on THAT.
>
> no way dude- everything you're saying smacks of a dog that's the alpha
> dog in the house; the owner should be the alpha dog.

Dogs know the difference between dogs and humans. You're not a dog, and
your dog knows you're not a dog. Your dog should respect you, but you
shouldn't try to be the alpha dog.

Curt James
September 19th 06, 02:47 AM
Cohen wrote:
> <top posting because it's appropriate in this case>

Whatever. (But, yeah, some top-posting humor is appropriate 'bout now
what with jimmy in the - or not in the? - house.)

> You two have a superficial, inaccurate, quite common, lack of understanding
> of canine dominance theory.

I used ed's terminology in the same context he used it simply to
differentiate between his opinion and my own. I'm not interested nor
impressed by anyone's understanding of canine dominance theory.

> OK, back to bull****ting each other.

No bull**** on my part, Cohen. I stated facts if with an intended
humorous approach.

> Sorry to have interrupted.

You're sorry? Hey, lie to yourself, but, please, don't lie to MFW. ;o)

> David
>
> "Curt James" > wrote
> > ed wrote:
> >> Curt James wrote:
> > [...]
> >>
> >> no way dude- everything you're saying smacks of a dog that's the alpha
> >> dog in the house; the owner should be the alpha dog.
> >
> > Actually, the alpha was my exgf's chihuahua. That dog woulda **** on
> > your other shoe.
> >
> >> the beagle you've walked also tugs on the leash in front of you, barks
> >> when people approach the door, gets all excited and psycho when it's
> >> time to go for a walk, possibly growls at you when you try to kick it
> >> off the couch, etc. the problem isn't the dog- it's the OWNER.
> >
> > YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!
> >
> > (My exgirlfriend was the owner. heh)
> >
> >> being walked under control, following it's leader, does not have it's
> >> nose on the ground constantly, and a properly fitted collar will not be
> >> slipped. a well trained dog also does eat your shoe (or anything else
> >> belonging to the alpha dog!).
> >
> > Neither dog ever growled at me. They were loving beasts, but the
> > chihuahua was the true alpha. He ruled the roost. Charged at two
> > dobies. Thankfully, the tiny tyrant was on a leash and the Dobermans
> > were fenced in. Fearless!

I say again, that chihuahua was fearless! And it would **** in Cohen's
hat.

Do you have a hat, David?

--
Curt

ed
September 19th 06, 03:04 AM
David Cohen wrote:
> <top posting because it's appropriate in this case>
>
> You two have a superficial, inaccurate, quite common, lack of understanding
> of canine dominance theory.
>
> OK, back to bull****ting each other. Sorry to have interrupted.

um, ok, enlighten me.

<snip>

David Cohen
September 19th 06, 03:48 AM
"ed" > wrote
> David Cohen wrote:
>> <top posting because it's appropriate in this case>
>>
>> You two have a superficial, inaccurate, quite common, lack of
>> understanding
>> of canine dominance theory.
>>
>> OK, back to bull****ting each other. Sorry to have interrupted.
>
> um, ok, enlighten me.

No. Sorry. Nothing personal. Really.

I have participated in just about every dog thread in MFW for about the last
five years, so I just wanted to establish that you and Curt didn't know what
you were talking about, since my silence might, to some, indicate agreement.

But I have, no fault of yours, grown weary of the effort to educate people
about dogs.

If you're really interested in the subject, pick up some books by Patricia
McConnell, PhD, as a start.

David

ed
September 19th 06, 04:05 AM
David Cohen wrote:
> "ed" > wrote
> > David Cohen wrote:
> >> <top posting because it's appropriate in this case>
> >>
> >> You two have a superficial, inaccurate, quite common, lack of
> >> understanding
> >> of canine dominance theory.
> >>
> >> OK, back to bull****ting each other. Sorry to have interrupted.
> >
> > um, ok, enlighten me.
>
> No. Sorry. Nothing personal. Really.
>
> I have participated in just about every dog thread in MFW for about the last
> five years, so I just wanted to establish that you and Curt didn't know what
> you were talking about, since my silence might, to some, indicate agreement.

but you've established nothing. simply asserting you have established
something, does not, in fact, establish it.

> But I have, no fault of yours, grown weary of the effort to educate people
> about dogs.
>
> If you're really interested in the subject, pick up some books by Patricia
> McConnell, PhD, as a start.

i've read one of her books and heard her show; i don't see why you
think what i've said contradicts any of her positions.

David Cohen
September 19th 06, 06:04 AM
"ed" > wrote
> David Cohen wrote:

>> > um, ok, enlighten me.
>>
>> No. Sorry. Nothing personal. Really.
>>
>> I have participated in just about every dog thread in MFW for about the
>> last
>> five years, so I just wanted to establish that you and Curt didn't know
>> what
>> you were talking about, since my silence might, to some, indicate
>> agreement.
>
> but you've established nothing. simply asserting you have established
> something, does not, in fact, establish it.

I have established that I believe you and Curt know little about dogs.
That's all I was trying to establish. If my wording implied otherwise, sorry
for the confusion.

>> But I have, no fault of yours, grown weary of the effort to educate
>> people
>> about dogs.
>>
>> If you're really interested in the subject, pick up some books by
>> Patricia
>> McConnell, PhD, as a start.
>
> i've read one of her books and heard her show; i don't see why you
> think what i've said contradicts any of her positions.

And I don't see why you don't understand that I truly don't care if you
"don't see why". Was there something in "I have grown weary of the effort to
educate people about dogs" that was unclear?

David

ed
September 19th 06, 07:52 AM
David Cohen wrote:
> "ed" > wrote
> > David Cohen wrote:
> >> "ed" > wrote

> >> No. Sorry. Nothing personal. Really.
> >>
> >> I have participated in just about every dog thread in MFW for about the
> >> last
> >> five years, so I just wanted to establish that you and Curt didn't know
> >> what
> >> you were talking about, since my silence might, to some, indicate
> >> agreement.
> >
> > but you've established nothing. simply asserting you have established
> > something, does not, in fact, establish it.
>
> I have established that I believe you and Curt know little about dogs.
> That's all I was trying to establish. If my wording implied otherwise, sorry
> for the confusion.
>
> >> But I have, no fault of yours, grown weary of the effort to educate
> >> people
> >> about dogs.
> >>
> >> If you're really interested in the subject, pick up some books by
> >> Patricia
> >> McConnell, PhD, as a start.
> >
> > i've read one of her books and heard her show; i don't see why you
> > think what i've said contradicts any of her positions.
>
> And I don't see why you don't understand that I truly don't care if you
> "don't see why". Was there something in "I have grown weary of the effort to
> educate people about dogs" that was unclear?

so why bother opening your yap in the first place, if you truly don't
care?

Charles
September 19th 06, 08:58 AM
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 02:48:03 GMT, "David Cohen"
> wrote:

>"ed" > wrote
>> David Cohen wrote:
>>> <top posting because it's appropriate in this case>
>>>
>>> You two have a superficial, inaccurate, quite common, lack of
>>> understanding
>>> of canine dominance theory.
>>>
>>> OK, back to bull****ting each other. Sorry to have interrupted.
>>
>> um, ok, enlighten me.
>
>No. Sorry. Nothing personal. Really.
>
>I have participated in just about every dog thread in MFW for about the last
>five years, so I just wanted to establish that you and Curt didn't know what
>you were talking about, since my silence might, to some, indicate agreement.

Others might suspect that you are barking mad!

>But I have, no fault of yours, grown weary of the effort to educate people
>about dogs.

Perhaps you have become dog tired!

>If you're really interested in the subject, pick up some books by Patricia
>McConnell, PhD, as a start.

Or better yet, call her on the dog and bone (Cockney rhyming slang)!
;o)

Lee Michaels
September 19th 06, 10:15 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "ed" > wrote
>> David Cohen wrote:
>>> "ed" > wrote

>>> No. Sorry. Nothing personal. Really.
>>>
>>> I have participated in just about every dog thread in MFW for about the
>>> last
>>> five years, so I just wanted to establish that you and Curt didn't know
>>> what
>>> you were talking about, since my silence might, to some, indicate
>>> agreement.
>>
>> but you've established nothing. simply asserting you have established
>> something, does not, in fact, establish it.
>
> I have established that I believe you and Curt know little about dogs.
> That's all I was trying to establish. If my wording implied otherwise,
> sorry for the confusion.
>
>>> But I have, no fault of yours, grown weary of the effort to educate
>>> people
>>> about dogs.
>>>
>>> If you're really interested in the subject, pick up some books by
>>> Patricia
>>> McConnell, PhD, as a start.
>>
>> i've read one of her books and heard her show; i don't see why you
>> think what i've said contradicts any of her positions.
>
> And I don't see why you don't understand that I truly don't care if you
> "don't see why". Was there something in "I have grown weary of the effort
> to educate people about dogs" that was unclear?

This is why killfiles were invented.

Charles
September 19th 06, 10:29 AM
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 05:15:05 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:

>"David Cohen" > wrote in message
ink.net...

>>> but you've established nothing. simply asserting you have established
>>> something, does not, in fact, establish it.
>>
>> I have established that I believe you and Curt know little about dogs.
>> That's all I was trying to establish. If my wording implied otherwise,
>> sorry for the confusion.

>>> i've read one of her books and heard her show; i don't see why you
>>> think what i've said contradicts any of her positions.
>>
>> And I don't see why you don't understand that I truly don't care if you
>> "don't see why". Was there something in "I have grown weary of the effort
>> to educate people about dogs" that was unclear?
>>
>This is why killfiles were invented.

You silly old thing Lee, you appear to be unaware that "killfiles" and
all that old rubbish about "trolls" that used to prevail here, is now
passť in the extreme old chap!

We have all moved on and it is now quite fashionable and reasonable to
reply to whomsoever one likes, about whatsoever one cares, without the
censorship or advice of old-style net nannies.

Move with the times and enjoy the rejuvenated MFW! ;o)

Pete
September 19th 06, 10:33 AM
What it says.

And the amount of responses.

Unbelieveable!

----
Pete

David Cohen
September 19th 06, 01:10 PM
"ed" > wrote
> David Cohen wrote:

>> > but you've established nothing. simply asserting you have established
>> > something, does not, in fact, establish it.
>>
>> I have established that I believe you and Curt know little about dogs.
>> That's all I was trying to establish. If my wording implied otherwise,
>> sorry
>> for the confusion.

>> > i've read one of her books and heard her show; i don't see why you
>> > think what i've said contradicts any of her positions.
>>
>> And I don't see why you don't understand that I truly don't care if you
>> "don't see why". Was there something in "I have grown weary of the effort
>> educate people about dogs" that was unclear?
>
> so why bother opening your yap in the first place, if you truly don't
> care?

I've already explained that. Dealing with people with poor reading
comprehension is probably one of the reasons for my weariness.

David

David Cohen
September 19th 06, 01:14 PM
"Charles" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote:

>>> um, ok, enlighten me.
>>
>>No. Sorry. Nothing personal. Really.
>>
>>I have participated in just about every dog thread in MFW for about the
>>last
>>five years, so I just wanted to establish that you and Curt didn't know
>>what
>>you were talking about, since my silence might, to some, indicate
>>agreement.
>
> Others might suspect that you are barking mad!

That goes without saying.

Which part of "without saying" is unclear :)

>>But I have, no fault of yours, grown weary of the effort to educate people
>>about dogs.
>
> Perhaps you have become dog tired!
>
>>If you're really interested in the subject, pick up some books by Patricia
>>McConnell, PhD, as a start.
>>
> Or better yet, call her on the dog and bone (Cockney rhyming slang)!
> ;o)

Ya' know, you're lucky that the greatest breed of dog ever developed came
from England. It makes me SO much more tolerant :)~

David

Charles
September 19th 06, 01:33 PM
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:14:46 GMT, "David Cohen"
> wrote:

>"Charles" > wrote
>> "David Cohen" > wrote:
>>>"ed" > wrote

>>>No. Sorry. Nothing personal. Really.
>>>
>>>I have participated in just about every dog thread in MFW for about the
>>>last
>>>five years, so I just wanted to establish that you and Curt didn't know
>>>what
>>>you were talking about, since my silence might, to some, indicate
>>>agreement.
>>
>> Others might suspect that you are barking mad!
>

>That goes without saying.
>
>Which part of "without saying" is unclear :)

All of "without saying" is abundantly clear to me, given that I too am
one bark short of a full tree!

>>>But I have, no fault of yours, grown weary of the effort to educate people
>>>about dogs.
>>
>> Perhaps you have become dog tired!
>>
>>>If you're really interested in the subject, pick up some books by Patricia
>>>McConnell, PhD, as a start.
>>>
>> Or better yet, call her on the dog and bone (Cockney rhyming slang)!
>> ;o)
>
>Ya' know, you're lucky that the greatest breed of dog ever developed came
>from England. It makes me SO much more tolerant :)~

One of the many great gifts to the world from this sceptred isle! ;o)

David
September 19th 06, 01:40 PM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
nk.net...

> "Charles" > wrote
>> "David Cohen" > wrote:
>>>"ed" > wrote

>>>No. Sorry. Nothing personal. Really.
>>>
>>>I have participated in just about every dog thread in MFW for about the
>>>last
>>>five years, so I just wanted to establish that you and Curt didn't know
>>>what
>>>you were talking about, since my silence might, to some, indicate
>>>agreement.
>>
>> Others might suspect that you are barking mad!
>

> That goes without saying.
>
> Which part of "without saying" is unclear :)
>

>>>But I have, no fault of yours, grown weary of the effort to educate
>>>people
>>>about dogs.
>>
>> Perhaps you have become dog tired!
>>
>>>If you're really interested in the subject, pick up some books by
>>>Patricia
>>>McConnell, PhD, as a start.
>>>
>> Or better yet, call her on the dog and bone (Cockney rhyming slang)!
>> ;o)
>
> Ya' know, you're lucky that the greatest breed of dog ever developed came
> from England. It makes me SO much more tolerant :)~

You are referring to the corgis right - the dogs the queen owns?

David Cohen
September 19th 06, 02:00 PM
"David" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote >>
>> "Charles" > wrote

>>> Or better yet, call her on the dog and bone (Cockney rhyming slang)!
>>> ;o)
>>
>> Ya' know, you're lucky that the greatest breed of dog ever developed came
>> from England. It makes me SO much more tolerant :)~
>
> You are referring to the corgis right - the dogs the queen owns?

If y'all Down Under spell Pit Bull "corgi", sure.

Queen's a famous Corgi breeder. Her sister's Bull Terrier killed one of them
a few years back, and Princess Whatshername got hauled into court and was
fined. Brits are serious about their dog laws, fersure.

The Corgi probably started it. Bred to herd cattle, they are tough little
*******s. Picked on the wrong Bull Terrier, unfortunately.

September 19th 06, 02:17 PM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "David" > wrote
>> "David Cohen" > wrote >>
>>> "Charles" > wrote

>>> Ya' know, you're lucky that the greatest breed of dog ever developed
>>> came from England. It makes me SO much more tolerant :)~
>>
>> You are referring to the corgis right - the dogs the queen owns?
>
> If y'all Down Under spell Pit Bull "corgi", sure.
>
> Queen's a famous Corgi breeder. Her sister's Bull Terrier killed one of
> them a few years back, and Princess Whatshername got hauled into court and
> was fined. Brits are serious about their dog laws, fersure.
>
> The Corgi probably started it. Bred to herd cattle, they are tough little
> *******s. Picked on the wrong Bull Terrier, unfortunately.

Corgi and ****ty little dogs. And as for Pit Bulls - mean and ugly - they
should be shot on sight

> David

Will Brink
September 19th 06, 02:29 PM
In article >, "Pete"
> wrote:

> What it says.
>
> And the amount of responses.
>
> Unbelieveable!

????

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 19th 06, 03:49 PM
In article et>,
"David Cohen" > wrote:

> "ed" > wrote
> > David Cohen wrote:
> >> <top posting because it's appropriate in this case>
> >>
> >> You two have a superficial, inaccurate, quite common, lack of
> >> understanding
> >> of canine dominance theory.
> >>
> >> OK, back to bull****ting each other. Sorry to have interrupted.
> >
> > um, ok, enlighten me.
>
> No. Sorry. Nothing personal. Really.
>
> I have participated in just about every dog thread in MFW for about the last
> five years, so I just wanted to establish that you and Curt didn't know what
> you were talking about, since my silence might, to some, indicate agreement.
>
> But I have, no fault of yours, grown weary of the effort to educate people
> about dogs.
>
> If you're really interested in the subject, pick up some books by Patricia
> McConnell, PhD, as a start.
>
> David

Books are good. ;-)

That's what has pretty much killed my questions on guns for now.
My new library from Amazon.com has been arriving. ;-)

I finally got "In the Gravest Extreme" and discovered that most of the
other manuals I've been reading are pretty much based on his advice, so
at this point, it's become repetitive reading somewhat but I'm only into
the first chapter.

His book was published back in 1980 tho' so I'm not surprised. He is
still, to this day, considered the #1 best author so I'm seeking more
current books of his.

Most of them are back ordered.<G>
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 19th 06, 03:50 PM
In article et>,
"David Cohen" > wrote:

> "ed" > wrote
> > David Cohen wrote:
> >> "ed" > wrote

> >> No. Sorry. Nothing personal. Really.
> >>
> >> I have participated in just about every dog thread in MFW for about the
> >> last
> >> five years, so I just wanted to establish that you and Curt didn't know
> >> what
> >> you were talking about, since my silence might, to some, indicate
> >> agreement.
> >
> > but you've established nothing. simply asserting you have established
> > something, does not, in fact, establish it.
>
> I have established that I believe you and Curt know little about dogs.
> That's all I was trying to establish. If my wording implied otherwise, sorry
> for the confusion.
>
> >> But I have, no fault of yours, grown weary of the effort to educate
> >> people
> >> about dogs.
> >>
> >> If you're really interested in the subject, pick up some books by
> >> Patricia
> >> McConnell, PhD, as a start.
> >
> > i've read one of her books and heard her show; i don't see why you
> > think what i've said contradicts any of her positions.
>
> And I don't see why you don't understand that I truly don't care if you
> "don't see why". Was there something in "I have grown weary of the effort to
> educate people about dogs" that was unclear?
>
> David

Cohen,

Why don't you just author a book or two, then offer to sell it to people
looking for dog advice here? Since they value your input so much, you
may as well make some $$$ off of it. :-)

I'm actually quite serious.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 19th 06, 03:56 PM
In article >,
"David" > wrote:

> "David Cohen" > wrote in message
> nk.net...

> >> Others might suspect that you are barking mad!
> >

> > That goes without saying.
> >
> > Which part of "without saying" is unclear :)

> >> Perhaps you have become dog tired!

> >> Or better yet, call her on the dog and bone (Cockney rhyming slang)!
> >> ;o)
> >
> > Ya' know, you're lucky that the greatest breed of dog ever developed came
> > from England. It makes me SO much more tolerant :)~
>
> You are referring to the corgis right - the dogs the queen owns?

<lol> No, I think iirc he is referring to Staffies.

Personally, after temporarily caring for one Corgie, I've become rather
a fan of them.

I'm still not ready for another dog, not with caring for 4 others, but
when I am I plan to hunt for and adopt another abandoned Corgie. There
are plenty of them on Petfinders.com.

My preference for rescuing adults still stands...... mainly because I
acknowledge that I do not have the time for a puppy, and I know that I'm
saving a life as there are not enough people that share my love of
adopting adult dogs.

I have yet to find it unrewarding!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 19th 06, 03:57 PM
In article et>,
"David Cohen" > wrote:

> "David" > wrote
> > "David Cohen" > wrote >>
> >> "Charles" > wrote

> >> Ya' know, you're lucky that the greatest breed of dog ever developed came
> >> from England. It makes me SO much more tolerant :)~
> >
> > You are referring to the corgis right - the dogs the queen owns?
>
> If y'all Down Under spell Pit Bull "corgi", sure.
>
> Queen's a famous Corgi breeder. Her sister's Bull Terrier killed one of them
> a few years back, and Princess Whatshername got hauled into court and was
> fined. Brits are serious about their dog laws, fersure.
>
> The Corgi probably started it. Bred to herd cattle, they are tough little
> *******s. Picked on the wrong Bull Terrier, unfortunately.
>
> David

Never underestimate a Corgie. ;-) Their only handicap is their size,
imho.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 19th 06, 04:00 PM
In article >,
"David" > wrote:

> "David Cohen" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> >
> > "David" > wrote
> >> "David Cohen" > wrote >>

> >> You are referring to the corgis right - the dogs the queen owns?
> >
> > If y'all Down Under spell Pit Bull "corgi", sure.
> >
> > Queen's a famous Corgi breeder. Her sister's Bull Terrier killed one of
> > them a few years back, and Princess Whatshername got hauled into court and
> > was fined. Brits are serious about their dog laws, fersure.
> >
> > The Corgi probably started it. Bred to herd cattle, they are tough little
> > *******s. Picked on the wrong Bull Terrier, unfortunately.
>
> Corgi and ****ty little dogs. And as for Pit Bulls - mean and ugly - they
> should be shot on sight

Sorry David, but you have NO idea!

The problem with Pits is not the breed.
It's ignorant ****headed redneck owners like my next door neighbors. :-(

There are some people that should not own dogs and for some reason, Pits
and Rotties attract some of the worst morons...

present company excluded.

I have actually known some decent Pit and Rottie owners but by far the
majority of them are assholes.

That's what gives these excellent dogs such a bad rep.

It's a damned shame.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

David Cohen
September 19th 06, 04:28 PM
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote:

>> > but you've established nothing. simply asserting you have established
>> > something, does not, in fact, establish it.
>>
>> I have established that I believe you and Curt know little about dogs.
>> That's all I was trying to establish. If my wording implied otherwise,
>> sorry
>> for the confusion.

>> > i've read one of her books and heard her show; i don't see why you
>> > think what i've said contradicts any of her positions.
>>
>> And I don't see why you don't understand that I truly don't care if you
>> "don't see why". Was there something in "I have grown weary of the effort
>> educate people about dogs" that was unclear?
>
> Why don't you just author a book or two, then offer to sell it to people
> looking for dog advice here? Since they value your input so much, you
> may as well make some $$$ off of it. :-)
>
> I'm actually quite serious.

I didn't develop any of the original concepts. The really great dog book
authors, dog trainers, and animal behaviorists, have written the books.
They're all out there, waiting for Ed to read, and hopefully understand, the
contents.

David

David Cohen
September 19th 06, 04:37 PM
"David" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote >>
>> "David" > wrote
>>> "David Cohen" > wrote >>

>>> You are referring to the corgis right - the dogs the queen owns?
>>
>> If y'all Down Under spell Pit Bull "corgi", sure.
>>
>> Queen's a famous Corgi breeder. Her sister's Bull Terrier killed one of
>> them a few years back, and Princess Whatshername got hauled into court
>> and was fined. Brits are serious about their dog laws, fersure.
>>
>> The Corgi probably started it. Bred to herd cattle, they are tough little
>> *******s. Picked on the wrong Bull Terrier, unfortunately.
>
> Corgi and ****ty little dogs. And as for Pit Bulls - mean and ugly - they
> should be shot on sight

You'll be hearing some scratching on your door soon. That will be KING THE
WONDER PITBULL. He wants to have a few words with you. Let him in.

September 19th 06, 04:51 PM
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "David" > wrote:
>
>> "David Cohen" > wrote in message
>> ink.net...
>> >
>> > "David" > wrote

>> > If y'all Down Under spell Pit Bull "corgi", sure.
>> >
>> > Queen's a famous Corgi breeder. Her sister's Bull Terrier killed one of
>> > them a few years back, and Princess Whatshername got hauled into court
>> > and
>> > was fined. Brits are serious about their dog laws, fersure.
>> >
>> > The Corgi probably started it. Bred to herd cattle, they are tough
>> > little
>> > *******s. Picked on the wrong Bull Terrier, unfortunately.
>>
>> Corgi and ****ty little dogs. And as for Pit Bulls - mean and ugly - they
>> should be shot on sight
>>

> Sorry David, but you have NO idea!
>
> The problem with Pits is not the breed.
> It's ignorant ****headed redneck owners like my next door neighbors. :-(
>
> There are some people that should not own dogs and for some reason, Pits
> and Rotties attract some of the worst morons...
>
> present company excluded.
>
> I have actually known some decent Pit and Rottie owners but by far the
> majority of them are assholes.
>
> That's what gives these excellent dogs such a bad rep.
>
> It's a damned shame.

Yes Om, I know exactly what you mean - generally the guy that owns a
Rotweiler or Pit Bull rides a Harley and gun racks on his ute or whatever
you call them over there (pick up truck?) - they make a statement - "don't
**** with me"
I suppose if it is your face and it licks your face you might grow to love
the ****ing ugly animal

David
September 19th 06, 04:56 PM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
link.net...

> "David" > wrote
>> "David Cohen" > wrote >>
>>> "David" > wrote

>>> If y'all Down Under spell Pit Bull "corgi", sure.
>>>
>>> Queen's a famous Corgi breeder. Her sister's Bull Terrier killed one of
>>> them a few years back, and Princess Whatshername got hauled into court
>>> and was fined. Brits are serious about their dog laws, fersure.
>>>
>>> The Corgi probably started it. Bred to herd cattle, they are tough
>>> little *******s. Picked on the wrong Bull Terrier, unfortunately.
>>
>> Corgi and ****ty little dogs. And as for Pit Bulls - mean and ugly - they
>> should be shot on sight
>
> You'll be hearing some scratching on your door soon. That will be KING THE
> WONDER PITBULL. He wants to have a few words with you. Let him in.

I'm sure King is a lovely animal, docile and obedient

> David

Pete
September 19th 06, 06:13 PM
"Will Brink" > schreef:

>> What it says.

>> And the amount of responses.

>> Unbelieveable!

> ????

How many calories in poop?

"I try to be quick enough to stop him, but he swallows it
whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to make additional adjustments
to his feeding to account for his feast of feces? and more importantly...
how can I make him stop?"

----
Pete

ed
September 19th 06, 06:17 PM
David Cohen wrote:
> "ed" > wrote
> > David Cohen wrote:
> >> "ed" > wrote
<snip>

> >> And I don't see why you don't understand that I truly don't care if you
> >> "don't see why". Was there something in "I have grown weary of the effort
> >> educate people about dogs" that was unclear?
> >
> > so why bother opening your yap in the first place, if you truly don't
> > care?
>
> I've already explained that. Dealing with people with poor reading
> comprehension is probably one of the reasons for my weariness.

yet you keep replying. i also googled up some of your other posts, and
see you have dogs that you can't even take to the dog park cause you
can't control them ("...would have gladly killed them if she had not
been pried off...") so you'll pardon me if i don't bow before your
level of doggie knowledge.

David Cohen
September 19th 06, 07:06 PM
"ed" > wrote
> David Cohen wrote:
> <snip>

>> > so why bother opening your yap in the first place, if you truly don't
>> > care?
>>
>> I've already explained that. Dealing with people with poor reading
>> comprehension is probably one of the reasons for my weariness.
>
> yet you keep replying.

I am very patient with retards.

> i also googled up some of your other posts, and
> see you have dogs that you can't even take to the dog park cause you
> can't control them ("...would have gladly killed them if she had not
> been pried off...") so you'll pardon me if i don't bow before your
> level of doggie knowledge.

Never asked you to bow down. I simply said you and Curt were ignorant about
canine dominance theory, and that I had no interest in educating you.

I still don't.

David

David Cohen
September 19th 06, 07:09 PM
"Pete" > wrote
> "Will Brink" > schreef:
>
>>> What it says.
>
>>> And the amount of responses.
>
>>> Unbelieveable!
>
>> ????

> How many calories in poop?
>
> "I try to be quick enough to stop him, but he swallows it
> whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to make additional
> adjustments
> to his feeding to account for his feast of feces? and more importantly...
> how can I make him stop?"

Would eating the poop of a professional bodybuilder have an anabolic effect
on the dog?

Would it make the dog's paws grow excessively large?

David

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 19th 06, 07:16 PM
In article >,
"Pete" > wrote:

> "Will Brink" > schreef:
>
> >> What it says.
>
> >> And the amount of responses.
>
> >> Unbelieveable!
>
> > ????

> How many calories in poop?
>
> "I try to be quick enough to stop him, but he swallows it
> whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to make additional adjustments
> to his feeding to account for his feast of feces? and more importantly...
> how can I make him stop?"

> ----
> Pete

<lol> Considering the dynamics of this group, I'm not the least bit
surprised.......

Must admit it's been entertaining.

I'm wondering if she's bothered to Google tho'. I did post a lucrative
search.

Here is another one that turned up some rather interesting websites:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=coprophagia+and+ca
lories

Or: http://tinyurl.com/hkeqa

In case she is interested, the scientific term for her dogs problem is
Coprophagia. That might help with the more productive web searches.

Her dog has a problem. It's not really all THAT normal even tho' it's
common. I've had 2 dogs so far that exhibited this behavior. They went
after cat turds in the litter boxes tho', never EVER other dogs turds.
That's really serious!

I managed to cure both of them with dietary changes. More protein,
better quality food. IMHO it's better to feed less of a higher quality,
more nutritious food than pay the price for some hyped up product that
is starving her dog of proper nutrition.

She might consider the fact that that expensive "diet" dog food is
serious crap, hence her dogs love of more crap...

This begs the question, was her dog a turd gobbler prior to the
starvation diet or is this a new problem?????

If the latter, then the new diet is quite obviously the problem and
adjusting his calories is only going to increase the dogs torment and
craving for turds!!!

Seems logical to me anyhoo.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

geek_girl
September 19th 06, 08:28 PM
ed wrote:
> David Cohen wrote:
> <snip>

> > > so why bother opening your yap in the first place, if you truly don't
> > > care?
> >
> > I've already explained that. Dealing with people with poor reading
> > comprehension is probably one of the reasons for my weariness.
>
> yet you keep replying. i also googled up some of your other posts, and
> see you have dogs that you can't even take to the dog park cause you
> can't control them ("...would have gladly killed them if she had not
> been pried off...") so you'll pardon me if i don't bow before your
> level of doggie knowledge.

Wow. If you think that post is at all relevant to this discussion,
you're very confused.

Pete
September 19th 06, 09:29 PM
"David Cohen" > schreef:

> Would eating the poop of a professional bodybuilder have an anabolic
> effect on the dog?

> Would it make the dog's paws grow excessively large?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU !!!!!!

Phhhhwww... thats outta my system.
My BP was going 200/100... not good, NOT GOOD !!!

----
Pete

Pete
September 19th 06, 09:34 PM
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > schreef:

> In case she is interested, the scientific term for her dogs problem is
> Coprophagia. That might help with the more productive web searches.

Great!

There is a scientific name for that "problem."

Taking a single dose of 200mg benzodiazepines isnt lethal...is it?

----
Pete

Curt James
September 19th 06, 10:15 PM
Cohen wrote:

[...]

> <snip> and Curt <snip>

heh

> But I have, no fault of yours, grown weary of the effort
> to educate people about dogs.

Cool.

And when do you think you'll grow weary of telling people of how you've
grown weary of the effort to educate people about dogs? ;o)

--
Curt

ed
September 19th 06, 11:01 PM
geek_girl wrote:
> ed wrote:
> > David Cohen wrote:
> > > "ed" > wrote
> > <snip>

> > > I've already explained that. Dealing with people with poor reading
> > > comprehension is probably one of the reasons for my weariness.
> >
> > yet you keep replying. i also googled up some of your other posts, and
> > see you have dogs that you can't even take to the dog park cause you
> > can't control them ("...would have gladly killed them if she had not
> > been pried off...") so you'll pardon me if i don't bow before your
> > level of doggie knowledge.
>
> Wow. If you think that post is at all relevant to this discussion,
> you're very confused.

maybe go back and see who jumped in with attacks? (it wasn't me- it
was someone who's last names starts with a 'c' and ends with an 'ohen')
:D

ed
September 19th 06, 11:05 PM
David Cohen wrote:
> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote
> > "David Cohen" > wrote:
> >> "ed" > wrote
<snip>

> >> And I don't see why you don't understand that I truly don't care if you
> >> "don't see why". Was there something in "I have grown weary of the effort
> >> educate people about dogs" that was unclear?
> >
> > Why don't you just author a book or two, then offer to sell it to people
> > looking for dog advice here? Since they value your input so much, you
> > may as well make some $$$ off of it. :-)
> >
> > I'm actually quite serious.
>
> I didn't develop any of the original concepts. The really great dog book
> authors, dog trainers, and animal behaviorists, have written the books.
> They're all out there, waiting for Ed to read, and hopefully understand, the
> contents.

that's the thing david, i've read plenty of books on the subject,
including ones by authors you've mentioned (and others). what i said
doesn't contradict with what they say, hence my comment to you that it
doesn't contradict, and for you to enlighten me if you think otherwise.
you say you don't care that i don't get it, but you keep replying to
me and mentioning my name.

David Cohen
September 19th 06, 11:14 PM
"Curt James" > wrote
> Cohen wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> <snip> and Curt <snip>
>
> heh
>
>> But I have, no fault of yours, grown weary of the effort
>> to educate people about dogs.
>
> Cool.
>
> And when do you think you'll grow weary of telling people of how you've
> grown weary of the effort to educate people about dogs? ;o)

Tuesday.

Not sure WHICH Tuesday, but, I'm pretty sure it'll be a Tuesday.

David

David Cohen
September 19th 06, 11:16 PM
"ed" > wrote
> geek_girl wrote:
>> ed wrote:
>> > <snip>

>> > yet you keep replying. i also googled up some of your other posts, and
>> > see you have dogs that you can't even take to the dog park cause you
>> > can't control them ("...would have gladly killed them if she had not
>> > been pried off...") so you'll pardon me if i don't bow before your
>> > level of doggie knowledge.
>>
>> Wow. If you think that post is at all relevant to this discussion,
>> you're very confused.
>
> maybe go back and see who jumped in with attacks? (it wasn't me- it
> was someone who's last names starts with a 'c' and ends with an 'ohen')
> :D

Charles Camlifiohen, that *******!

David

David Cohen
September 19th 06, 11:31 PM
"ed" > wrote
> David Cohen wrote:
> <snip>

>> > Why don't you just author a book or two, then offer to sell it to
>> > people
>> > looking for dog advice here? Since they value your input so much, you
>> > may as well make some $$$ off of it. :-)
>> >
>> > I'm actually quite serious.
>>
>> I didn't develop any of the original concepts. The really great dog book
>> authors, dog trainers, and animal behaviorists, have written the books.
>> They're all out there, waiting for Ed to read, and hopefully understand,
>> the
>> contents.
>
> that's the thing david, i've read plenty of books on the subject,
> including ones by authors you've mentioned (and others). what i said
> doesn't contradict with what they say, hence my comment to you that it
> doesn't contradict, and for you to enlighten me if you think otherwise.
> you say you don't care that i don't get it, but you keep replying to
> me and mentioning my name.

This is where your reading comprehension is being called into question. I
have not forsworn posting, and replying, to anything except educating
someone about dogs. If you'll review every post I have made in this thread,
nowhere do I attempt to educate anyone about dogs. I specifically told
Betsy, the original poster, that I could not help her. Although I suppose
"would not" is more accurate.

I'd still be willing to DISCUSS dogs with a number of the regulars here, who
are quite knowledgeable about the subject. But your post about canine
dominance indicates you aren't one of them.

Still, it really isn't personal. I did use the word "retard", but, your poor
reading comprehension needed a characteristic. I'm not quite sure why the
opinion of a total stranger...me...about your knowledge of dogs, bothers you
so much. You've even used the word "attack". I hope the worst "attack" you
ever suffer is some stranger on Usenet stating his belief that you don't
know much about canine dominance.

David

Curt James
September 19th 06, 11:39 PM
Cohen wrote:
> "Curt James" wrote
> > Cohen wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> >> <snip> and Curt <snip>

That just never gets old! :o)

Cohen: "And Curt, oh, and Curt, plus, I've established... and Curt."

> > heh
> >
> >> But I have, no fault of yours, grown weary of the effort
> >> to educate people about dogs.
> >
> > Cool.
> >
> > And when do you think you'll grow weary of telling people of how you've
> > grown weary of the effort to educate people about dogs? ;o)
>
> Tuesday.

Tuesday it is then!

> Not sure WHICH Tuesday, but, I'm pretty sure it'll be a Tuesday.

Sweet. Flexibility is key, of course.

(checks schedule)

2017 is pretty much free.

--
Curt

David Cohen
September 19th 06, 11:53 PM
"Curt James" > wrote
> Cohen wrote:
>> "Curt James" wrote
>> > Cohen wrote:
>> >
>> > [...]
>
> That just never gets old! :o)
>
> Cohen: "And Curt, oh, and Curt, plus, I've established... and Curt."

KING THE WONDER PITBULL just growled at me.

See what you've done.

I've been disenabled :(

>> > And when do you think you'll grow weary of telling people of how you've
>> > grown weary of the effort to educate people about dogs? ;o)
>>
>> Tuesday.
>
> Tuesday it is then!
>
>> Not sure WHICH Tuesday, but, I'm pretty sure it'll be a Tuesday.
>
> Sweet. Flexibility is key, of course.
>
> (checks schedule)
>
> 2017 is pretty much free.

I'll pencil you in.

David

Curt James
September 20th 06, 12:01 AM
Cohen wrote:
> "Curt James" wrote
> > Cohen wrote:
> >> "Curt James" wrote
[...]
> > That just never gets old! :o)
> >
> > Cohen: "And Curt, oh, and Curt, plus, I've established...
> > and Curt."
>
> KING THE WONDER PITBULL just growled at me.
>
> See what you've done.
>
> I've been disenabled :(

My work here is done.

(Don't get your hopes up.)

> >> Tuesday.
> >
> > Tuesday it is then!
> >
> >> Not sure WHICH Tuesday, but, I'm pretty sure it'll be
> >> a Tuesday.
> >
> > Sweet. Flexibility is key, of course.
> >
> > (checks schedule)
> >
> > 2017 is pretty much free.
>
> I'll pencil you in.

Cool.

That should give me just enough time to get around to that book you
mentioned... alpha male and canine somethingsomething?

--
Curt

Pez D Spencer
September 20th 06, 12:14 AM
how long is this thread gonna go on?

ed
September 20th 06, 12:43 AM
David Cohen wrote:
> "ed" > wrote
> > David Cohen wrote:
> >> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote
> > <snip>

> >> I didn't develop any of the original concepts. The really great dog book
> >> authors, dog trainers, and animal behaviorists, have written the books.
> >> They're all out there, waiting for Ed to read, and hopefully understand,
> >> the
> >> contents.
> >
> > that's the thing david, i've read plenty of books on the subject,
> > including ones by authors you've mentioned (and others). what i said
> > doesn't contradict with what they say, hence my comment to you that it
> > doesn't contradict, and for you to enlighten me if you think otherwise.
> > you say you don't care that i don't get it, but you keep replying to
> > me and mentioning my name.
>
> This is where your reading comprehension is being called into question. I
> have not forsworn posting, and replying, to anything except educating
> someone about dogs.

ahh, that's you're problem- it is you with a reading comprehension
problem!- i did not say you had forsworn posting, and that's not what
i'm calling you out on when i ask why you keep replying- what you DID
say 'I truly don't care if you "don't see why"'- if you truly didn't
care that i didn't see why, you wouldn't keep posting saying i don't
see why!

> If you'll review every post I have made in this thread,
> nowhere do I attempt to educate anyone about dogs. I specifically told
> Betsy, the original poster, that I could not help her. Although I suppose
> "would not" is more accurate.
>
> I'd still be willing to DISCUSS dogs with a number of the regulars here, who
> are quite knowledgeable about the subject. But your post about canine
> dominance indicates you aren't one of them.

and as i said, argument by assertion is no argument at all. that said,
i reassert my previous statement [:D], what i said does not disagree
with the authors you've mentioned. it's not a catchall for all
situations by any means, but is generally a good guide.

> Still, it really isn't personal. I did use the word "retard", but, your poor
> reading comprehension needed a characteristic. I'm not quite sure why the
> opinion of a total stranger...me...about your knowledge of dogs, bothers you
> so much. You've even used the word "attack". I hope the worst "attack" you
> ever suffer is some stranger on Usenet stating his belief that you don't
> know much about canine dominance.

i'm not sure why you think it bothers me so much. usenet is just good
fun, and arguments on it doesn't bother me at all.

Pez D Spencer
September 20th 06, 12:59 AM
!

David Cohen
September 20th 06, 02:16 AM
"ed" > wrote
> David Cohen wrote:
>> > <snip>

>> > that's the thing david, i've read plenty of books on the subject,
>> > including ones by authors you've mentioned (and others). what i said
>> > doesn't contradict with what they say, hence my comment to you that it
>> > doesn't contradict, and for you to enlighten me if you think otherwise.
>> > you say you don't care that i don't get it, but you keep replying to
>> > me and mentioning my name.
>>
>> This is where your reading comprehension is being called into question. I
>> have not forsworn posting, and replying, to anything except educating
>> someone about dogs.
>
> ahh, that's you're problem- it is you with a reading comprehension
> problem!

NO! IT'S YOU!! YOU YOU YOU!!! <kicking and yelling on floor>

> i did not say you had forsworn posting, and that's not what
> i'm calling you out on when i ask why you keep replying- what you DID
> say 'I truly don't care if you "don't see why"'- if you truly didn't
> care that i didn't see why, you wouldn't keep posting saying i don't
> see why!

No. If I didn't care if you don't see why, I would refuse to try to explain
my position, which I have, indeed, refused to explain.

>> If you'll review every post I have made in this thread,
>> nowhere do I attempt to educate anyone about dogs. I specifically told
>> Betsy, the original poster, that I could not help her. Although I suppose
>> "would not" is more accurate.
>>
>> I'd still be willing to DISCUSS dogs with a number of the regulars here,
>> who
>> are quite knowledgeable about the subject. But your post about canine
>> dominance indicates you aren't one of them.
>
> and as i said, argument by assertion is no argument at all.

I partially agree. If Stephen Hawking asserts something about black holes,
that alone is a pretty good argument. But that is not the case here. If I
simply asserted an argument, that would hold little weight. Which is why I
have made no argument, by assertion or otherwise. I have stated the fact
that I believe you don't know much about canine dominance theory. That is
not an argument. I have steadfastly refused to argue the point.

> that said,
> i reassert my previous statement [:D], what i said does not disagree
> with the authors you've mentioned. it's not a catchall for all
> situations by any means, but is generally a good guide.

I know that is your side of the argument, since you have repeated it a
number of times, and my reading comprehension is quite excellent. What is
missing, and will continue to be missing, is my side of the argument.

>> Still, it really isn't personal. I did use the word "retard", but, your
>> poor
>> reading comprehension needed a characteristic. I'm not quite sure why the
>> opinion of a total stranger...me...about your knowledge of dogs, bothers
>> you
>> so much. You've even used the word "attack". I hope the worst "attack"
>> you
>> ever suffer is some stranger on Usenet stating his belief that you don't
>> know much about canine dominance.
>
> i'm not sure why you think it bothers me so much. usenet is just good
> fun, and arguments on it doesn't bother me at all.

Excellent. Then we're good.

David

The Queen of Cans and Jars
September 20th 06, 02:17 AM
ed > wrote:

> you say you don't care that i don't get it, but you keep replying to me
> and mentioning my name.

You don't really understand what we do here, do you?

Pez D Spencer
September 20th 06, 02:18 AM
self explantory

Pez D Spencer
September 20th 06, 02:18 AM
self explantory

David Cohen
September 20th 06, 02:21 AM
"The Queen of Cans and Jars" > wrote
> ed > wrote:
>
>> you say you don't care that i don't get it, but you keep replying to me
>> and mentioning my name.
>
> You don't really understand what we do here, do you?

Dammit! The dog is looking at me, wondering why I'm L'ing OL :>)))

David

Pez D Spencer
September 20th 06, 02:24 AM
David Cohen wrote:

> Dammit! The dog is looking at me, wondering why I'm L'ing OL :>)))
>
> David

he is probably interested in eating you!

JMW
September 20th 06, 02:42 AM
"geek_girl" > wrote:
>Curt James wrote:
>> geek_girl wrote:
>>>
>>> For some reason, people trust me with their animals.
>>
>> Cool.
>
>Not always. I refused to dog-sit for the Jack Russell terrors ever
>again.

Little rascals are pretty active, ain't they?

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 20th 06, 02:57 AM
In article >,
"Pete" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > schreef:
>
> > In case she is interested, the scientific term for her dogs problem is
> > Coprophagia. That might help with the more productive web searches.
>
> Great!
>
> There is a scientific name for that "problem."
>
> Taking a single dose of 200mg benzodiazepines isnt lethal...is it?
>
> ----
> Pete

Don't know...
Try asking a local scatologist.

;-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

David Cohen
September 20th 06, 03:05 AM
"Pete" > wrote
> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > schreef:
>
>> In case she is interested, the scientific term for her dogs problem is
>> Coprophagia. That might help with the more productive web searches.
>
> Great!
>
> There is a scientific name for that "problem."

You seem to have coprophobia, Pete.

> Taking a single dose of 200mg benzodiazepines isnt lethal...is it?

Certainly could be. Depends on which benzo, other drugs/alcohol with it,
your size, underlying medical problems.

David

Pez D Spencer
September 20th 06, 04:01 AM
why?

Curt James
September 20th 06, 04:19 AM
Pez D Spencer asked (and added to the thread):

> how long is this thread gonna go on?

With your help, Spence? Perhaps FOREVER! :o)

(Or, yeah, until Cohen grows... weary.)

--
Curt

Curt James
September 20th 06, 04:21 AM
John Williams served as a... conduit:

> "geek_girl" > wrote:
> >Curt James wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> >> Cool.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >Not always. I refused to dog-sit for the Jack Russell terrors ever
> >again.
>
> Little rascals are pretty active, ain't they?

John, John, John... you're DESTROYING this newsgroup.

--
Curt

Curt James
September 20th 06, 04:37 AM
Pez D Spencer wrote:
> why?

Funny you should ask that question... ;o)

Hth.

--
Curt

Curt James
September 20th 06, 04:47 AM
Curt James wrote:
> Pez D Spencer wrote:
> > why?
>
> Funny you should ask that question... ;o)
>
> Hth.

And, yeah, why not?

Pssst, Cohen! I grow... weeeeeary of you not participating in this
thread!

(ducks, runs, slips in dog poop)

AAARRR!!!

--
Curt

David Cohen
September 20th 06, 05:33 AM
"Curt James" > wrote
> Pez D Spencer asked (and added to the thread):
>
>> how long is this thread gonna go on?
>
> With your help, Spence? Perhaps FOREVER! :o)
>
> (Or, yeah, until Cohen grows... weary.)

Do I have to schedule that, too?

Tuesdays do work out best for me.

David

The Queen of Cans and Jars
September 20th 06, 05:41 AM
Pez D Spencer > wrote:

> self explantory

Wait a minute. There's a thread about poop? Where?!?!

The Queen of Cans and Jars
September 20th 06, 05:42 AM
David Cohen > wrote:

> "The Queen of Cans and Jars" > wrote
> > ed > wrote:
> >
> >> you say you don't care that i don't get it, but you keep replying to me
> >> and mentioning my name.
> >
> > You don't really understand what we do here, do you?
>
> Dammit! The dog is looking at me, wondering why I'm L'ing OL :>)))

You'd better be careful - (s)he might try to eat some poop while you're
busy giggling.

David Cohen
September 20th 06, 05:46 AM
"Joe Humble" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote:

>>> Great!
>>>
>>> There is a scientific name for that "problem."
>>
>>You seem to have coprophobia, Pete.
>>
>>> Taking a single dose of 200mg benzodiazepines isnt lethal...is it?
>>
>>Certainly could be. Depends on which benzo, other drugs/alcohol with it,
>>your size, underlying medical problems.
>
> True, but generally a poor suicide choice because it just doesn't hit
> the receptors that would shut off things one needs to keep breathing.

While it COULD depress respiration enough to kill you, you're correct that
it's not reliable.

The classic...narcotics and alcohol...is still an oldie but goodie. Throw in
some Zofran first to suppress nausea, and a couple bottles of tricyclic
antidepressants before falling asleep, and you're got a sure winner.

Just make sure you're isolated enough to NOT be found before the celestial
consult is finalized.

David

David Cohen
September 20th 06, 05:49 AM
"The Queen of Cans and Jars" > wrote
> David Cohen > wrote:

>> > You don't really understand what we do here, do you?
>>
>> Dammit! The dog is looking at me, wondering why I'm L'ing OL :>)))
>
> You'd better be careful - (s)he might try to eat some poop while you're
> busy giggling.

Hmmm...you've got me worried. Any suggestions how I can prevent her from
eating poop? Make sure to ask Pete, too.

Maybe I should put on my "I'M THE ALPHA DOG, BITCH!!" tee shirt.

David

Charles
September 20th 06, 08:51 AM
On 19 Sep 2006 20:01:13 -0700, "Pez D Spencer" >
wrote:

>why?

Why not?

Charles
September 20th 06, 08:53 AM
On 19 Sep 2006 20:21:48 -0700, "Curt James" >
wrote:

>John Williams served as a... conduit:
>
>> "geek_girl" > wrote:
>> >Curt James wrote:
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> >Not always. I refused to dog-sit for the Jack Russell terrors ever
>> >again.
>>
>> Little rascals are pretty active, ain't they?
>
>John, John, John... you're DESTROYING this newsgroup.

He isn't really, not anymore - but he nearly did!

Pete
September 20th 06, 09:59 AM
"David Cohen" > schreef:

>> With your help, Spence? Perhaps FOREVER! :o)

>> (Or, yeah, until Cohen grows... weary.)

> Do I have to schedule that, too?

> Tuesdays do work out best for me.

I am sure...

Both David and Betsy are mailing each other in private, and decided to
start, and make this thread go on forever.

Doesnt bother me... Really...

IT DOESNT BOTHER ME A BIT !!!!

----
Pete

JMW
September 20th 06, 10:42 AM
"Pete" > wrote:

>"David Cohen" > schreef:
>
>>> With your help, Spence? Perhaps FOREVER! :o)
>
>>> (Or, yeah, until Cohen grows... weary.)
>
>> Do I have to schedule that, too?
>
>> Tuesdays do work out best for me.
>
>I am sure...
>
>Both David and Betsy are mailing each other in private, and decided to
>start, and make this thread go on forever.
>
>Doesnt bother me... Really...
>
>IT DOESNT BOTHER ME A BIT !!!!

Eat ****, Pete. :)

Pete
September 20th 06, 11:16 AM
"JMW" > schreef:

>>Both David and Betsy are mailing each other in private, and decided to
>>start, and make this thread go on forever.

>>Doesnt bother me... Really...

>>IT DOESNT BOTHER ME A BIT !!!!

> Eat ****, Pete. :)

Et Tu, John?

----
Pete

David
September 20th 06, 11:17 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
link.net...

>>> ????

>> How many calories in poop?
>>
>> "I try to be quick enough to stop him, but he swallows it
>> whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to make additional
>> adjustments
>> to his feeding to account for his feast of feces? and more
>> importantly...
>> how can I make him stop?"

> Would eating the poop of a professional bodybuilder have an anabolic
> effect on the dog?
>
> Would it make the dog's paws grow excessively large?

bet you that Brinks will have a study to report on about the effects of
eating bodybuilder's poop - I would be surprised if such a study has not
been done in the past

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 20th 06, 03:28 PM
In article om>,
"Pez D Spencer" > wrote:

> why?

Why knot?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 20th 06, 03:28 PM
In article >,
Charles > wrote:

> On 19 Sep 2006 20:01:13 -0700, "Pez D Spencer" >
> wrote:
>
> >why?
>
> Why not?

Oops! ;-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 20th 06, 03:33 PM
In article >,
"David" > wrote:

> "David Cohen" > wrote in message
> link.net...

> >> How many calories in poop?
> >>
> >> "I try to be quick enough to stop him, but he swallows it
> >> whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to make additional
> >> adjustments
> >> to his feeding to account for his feast of feces? and more
> >> importantly...
> >> how can I make him stop?"

> > Would eating the poop of a professional bodybuilder have an anabolic
> > effect on the dog?
> >
> > Would it make the dog's paws grow excessively large?
> >

> bet you that Brinks will have a study to report on about the effects of
> eating bodybuilder's poop - I would be surprised if such a study has not
> been done in the past

Perhaps... but will Oregonchick volunteer her dog?
After all, he's supposed to be on a diet.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 20th 06, 03:50 PM
In article >,
JMW > wrote:

> >> Do I have to schedule that, too?
> >
> >> Tuesdays do work out best for me.
> >
> >I am sure...
> >
> >Both David and Betsy are mailing each other in private, and decided to
> >start, and make this thread go on forever.
> >
> >Doesnt bother me... Really...
> >
> >IT DOESNT BOTHER ME A BIT !!!!
>
> Eat ****, Pete. :)

Heh! ;-D
That's POOP John, not ****!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Charles
September 20th 06, 03:52 PM
On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:28:16 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>In article om>,
> "Pez D Spencer" > wrote:
>
>> why?
>
>Why knot?

Why not what, a silk tie?

Charles
September 20th 06, 03:53 PM
On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:28:35 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Charles > wrote:
>
>> On 19 Sep 2006 20:01:13 -0700, "Pez D Spencer" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >why?
>>
>> Why not?

Why not "knot"? ;o)

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 20th 06, 05:50 PM
In article >,
Charles > wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:28:16 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> > wrote:
>
> >In article om>,
> > "Pez D Spencer" > wrote:
> >
> >> why?
> >
> >Why knot?
>
> Why not what, a silk tie?

A Corset... ;-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 20th 06, 05:50 PM
In article >,
Charles > wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:28:35 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Charles > wrote:

> >> Why not?
> >

> Why not "knot"? ;o)

Knock Knock?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Charles
September 20th 06, 05:51 PM
On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 11:50:03 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Charles > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:28:16 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
>> > wrote:

>> >Why knot?
>>
>> Why not what, a silk tie?
>
>A Corset... ;-)

Much better undoing those mate! ;o)

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 20th 06, 06:09 PM
In article >,
Charles > wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 11:50:03 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Charles > wrote:
> >
> >> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:28:16 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet

> >> Why not what, a silk tie?
> >
> >A Corset... ;-)
>
> Much better undoing those mate! ;o)

'zactly! ;-D

But you have to re-not them when you are done?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

geek_girl
September 20th 06, 08:46 PM
JMW wrote:
> "geek_girl" > wrote:
> >Curt James wrote:

> >> Cool.
> >
> >Not always. I refused to dog-sit for the Jack Russell terrors ever
> >again.
>
> Little rascals are pretty active, ain't they?

Uh huh. I don't think "pretty active" really covers it. When the dogs
jumped up onto the kitchen counter like cats, I knew I was in over my
head. Dogs just shouldn't be able to do that.

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 20th 06, 09:14 PM
In article >,
DZ > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
> > Charles > wrote:

> >> Much better undoing those mate! ;o)
> >
> > 'zactly! ;-D
> > But you have to re-not them when you are done?
>
> i dig chicks wearing ties - am ai gay?

Not so long as said tie is worn with a corset......
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 20th 06, 09:18 PM
In article . com>,
"geek_girl" > wrote:

> JMW wrote:

> > >Not always. I refused to dog-sit for the Jack Russell terrors ever
> > >again.
> >
> > Little rascals are pretty active, ain't they?
>
> Uh huh. I don't think "pretty active" really covers it. When the dogs
> jumped up onto the kitchen counter like cats, I knew I was in over my
> head. Dogs just shouldn't be able to do that.

<lol> I have a co-worker with Boston terriers that can do that.......

Terror is about right, but they treat those two dogs like they would
children! But, she and her husband are both in their 50's. Those dogs
ARE their kids.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

The Queen of Cans and Jars
September 20th 06, 10:04 PM
David Cohen > wrote:

> "The Queen of Cans and Jars" > wrote
> > David Cohen > wrote:
> >> "The Queen of Cans and Jars" > wrote

> >> Dammit! The dog is looking at me, wondering why I'm L'ing OL :>)))
> >
> > You'd better be careful - (s)he might try to eat some poop while you're
> > busy giggling.
>
> Hmmm...you've got me worried. Any suggestions how I can prevent her from
> eating poop? Make sure to ask Pete, too.
>
> Maybe I should put on my "I'M THE ALPHA DOG, BITCH!!" tee shirt.

I wish I could help you, but preventing your dog from eating poop is a
very complicated and intricate process that only the most super-genius
type people can even hope to understand, let alone carry out with
favorable results.

David Cohen
September 21st 06, 09:58 AM
The Queen of Cans and Jars wrote:
> David Cohen > wrote:

> > > You'd better be careful - (s)he might try to eat some poop while you're
> > > busy giggling.
> >
> > Hmmm...you've got me worried. Any suggestions how I can prevent her from
> > eating poop? Make sure to ask Pete, too.
> >
> > Maybe I should put on my "I'M THE ALPHA DOG, BITCH!!" tee shirt.
>
> I wish I could help you, but preventing your dog from eating poop is a
> very complicated and intricate process that only the most super-genius
> type people can even hope to understand, let alone carry out with
> favorable results.

That's what I was afraid of :(

Wait! Maybe Betsy's received some useful advice. Let's ask her.

(Poor Betsy. Little did she know when she asked a simple question that
it would lead to all this. I wonder if she feels guilty about Pete's
nervous breakdown?)

David

Lucas Buck
September 26th 06, 12:02 AM
On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 04:49:52 GMT, "David Cohen" > wrote:

>"The Queen of Cans and Jars" > wrote
>> David Cohen > wrote:
>>> "The Queen of Cans and Jars" > wrote

>>> Dammit! The dog is looking at me, wondering why I'm L'ing OL :>)))
>>
>> You'd better be careful - (s)he might try to eat some poop while you're
>> busy giggling.
>
>Hmmm...you've got me worried. Any suggestions how I can prevent her from
>eating poop? Make sure to ask Pete, too.

Mix spinach into it?

Lucas Buck
September 26th 06, 12:04 AM
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:37:41 GMT, "David Cohen" > wrote:

>"David" > wrote
>> "David Cohen" > wrote >>
>>> "David" > wrote

>>> If y'all Down Under spell Pit Bull "corgi", sure.
>>>
>>> Queen's a famous Corgi breeder. Her sister's Bull Terrier killed one of
>>> them a few years back, and Princess Whatshername got hauled into court
>>> and was fined. Brits are serious about their dog laws, fersure.
>>>
>>> The Corgi probably started it. Bred to herd cattle, they are tough little
>>> *******s. Picked on the wrong Bull Terrier, unfortunately.
>>
>> Corgi and ****ty little dogs. And as for Pit Bulls - mean and ugly - they
>> should be shot on sight
>
>You'll be hearing some scratching on your door soon. That will be KING THE
>WONDER PITBULL. He wants to have a few words with you. Let him in.

Isn't "Wonder Pitbull" redundant?

Lucas Buck
September 26th 06, 12:08 AM
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:16:02 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:

>In article >,

>> > ????

>> How many calories in poop?
>>
>> "I try to be quick enough to stop him, but he swallows it
>> whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to make additional adjustments
>> to his feeding to account for his feast of feces? and more importantly...
>> how can I make him stop?"

>> ----
>> Pete
>
><lol> Considering the dynamics of this group, I'm not the least bit
>surprised.......
>
>Must admit it's been entertaining.
>
>I'm wondering if she's bothered to Google tho'. I did post a lucrative
>search.
>
>Here is another one that turned up some rather interesting websites:
>
>http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=coprophagia+and+ca
>lories
>
>Or: http://tinyurl.com/hkeqa
>
>In case she is interested, the scientific term for her dogs problem is
>Coprophagia. That might help with the more productive web searches.
>
>Her dog has a problem. It's not really all THAT normal even tho' it's
>common. I've had 2 dogs so far that exhibited this behavior. They went
>after cat turds in the litter boxes tho', never EVER other dogs turds.
>That's really serious!
>
>I managed to cure both of them with dietary changes. More protein,
>better quality food.

You fed the _cats_ to them, then? Raw, or cooked?

David Cohen
September 26th 06, 03:14 AM
"Lucas Buck" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote:
>>"David" > wrote
>>> "David Cohen" > wrote >>

>>> Corgi and ****ty little dogs. And as for Pit Bulls - mean and ugly -
>>> they
>>> should be shot on sight
>>
>>You'll be hearing some scratching on your door soon. That will be KING THE
>>WONDER PITBULL. He wants to have a few words with you. Let him in.
>
> Isn't "Wonder Pitbull" redundant?

No. All pit bulls are wonderful, but KING THE WONDER PITBULL is the trusty
sidekick of TROLL DISENABLERMAN.

David

BradandBrooks
September 27th 06, 10:55 AM
"Lucas Buck" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:16:02 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> > wrote:
>
>>In article >,

>>> How many calories in poop?
>>>
>>> "I try to be quick enough to stop him, but he swallows it
>>> whole before I can catch him. So, do I need to make additional
>>> adjustments
>>> to his feeding to account for his feast of feces? and more
>>> importantly...
>>> how can I make him stop?"

>>> ----
>>> Pete
>>
>><lol> Considering the dynamics of this group, I'm not the least bit
>>surprised.......
>>
>>Must admit it's been entertaining.
>>
>>I'm wondering if she's bothered to Google tho'. I did post a lucrative
>>search.
>>
>>Here is another one that turned up some rather interesting websites:
>>
>>http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=coprophagia+and+ca
>>lories
>>
>>Or: http://tinyurl.com/hkeqa
>>
>>In case she is interested, the scientific term for her dogs problem is
>>Coprophagia. That might help with the more productive web searches.
>>
>>Her dog has a problem. It's not really all THAT normal even tho' it's
>>common. I've had 2 dogs so far that exhibited this behavior. They went
>>after cat turds in the litter boxes tho', never EVER other dogs turds.
>>That's really serious!
>>
>>I managed to cure both of them with dietary changes. More protein,
>>better quality food.
>
> You fed the _cats_ to them, then? Raw, or cooked?

If my beagle had his way it would be a strict diet of cats and rabbits. I
think he would do quite well. :)

Brad