PDA

View Full Version : Whey Protein

tom
September 18th 06, 10:53 PM
Hi everyone,

I just started strength training because I was bored in the off season
and decided to put my time to good use. I am 15 years old and weigh
about 122 lbs. I want to take whey protein because all my friends do
but as you guessed they're alot bigger than me. All the labels I have
seen say "YOU MUST BE 18 TO USE THIS PRODUCT". Should I take it anyway?
Any suggestions as to what to take? I would like to gain weight too,
but in a healthy way. Thanks.

Jason Earl
September 18th 06, 11:01 PM
"tom" > writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I just started strength training because I was bored in the off
> season and decided to put my time to good use. I am 15 years old and
> weigh about 122 lbs. I want to take whey protein because all my
> friends do but as you guessed they're alot bigger than me. All the
> labels I have seen say "YOU MUST BE 18 TO USE THIS PRODUCT". Should
> I take it anyway? Any suggestions as to what to take? I would like
> to gain weight too, but in a healthy way. Thanks.

Whey protein is just protein. Specifically it is protein from the
part of cows' milk that historically hasn't been particularly
valuable. Whey is what is left over after making cottage cheese.

As such whey protein is a perfectly good way (ha ha) to add protein
and calories to your diet. It's not any more dangerous than milk
(which I personally don't consider to be dangerous), and it's
relatively inexpensive.

Jason

Spammers_Should_Be_Shot
September 19th 06, 01:26 AM
"Jason Earl" > wrote in message
> "tom" > writes:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I just started strength training because I was bored in the off
> > season and decided to put my time to good use. I am 15 years old and
> > weigh about 122 lbs. I want to take whey protein because all my
> > friends do but as you guessed they're alot bigger than me. All the
> > labels I have seen say "YOU MUST BE 18 TO USE THIS PRODUCT". Should
> > I take it anyway? Any suggestions as to what to take? I would like
> > to gain weight too, but in a healthy way. Thanks.
>
> Whey protein is just protein. Specifically it is protein from the
> part of cows' milk that historically hasn't been particularly
> valuable. Whey is what is left over after making cottage cheese.
>
> As such whey protein is a perfectly good way (ha ha) to add protein
> and calories to your diet. It's not any more dangerous than milk
> (which I personally don't consider to be dangerous), and it's
> relatively inexpensive.
>
> Jason

Although at 15 you're probably better off just making sure you eat enough,
and good foods not just junk food.

Pete
September 19th 06, 10:37 AM
"tom" > schreef:

> All the labels I have
> seen say "YOU MUST BE 18 TO USE THIS PRODUCT". Should I take it anyway?

No.

You must be 18.

> Any suggestions as to what to take? I would like to gain weight too,
> but in a healthy way. Thanks.

You never go to McDonalds, Burger King or Kentucky?

----
Pete

Pete
September 19th 06, 10:39 AM
"Spammers_Should_Be_Shot" > schreef:

>> As such whey protein is a perfectly good way (ha ha) to add protein
>> and calories to your diet. It's not any more dangerous than milk
>> (which I personally don't consider to be dangerous), and it's
>> relatively inexpensive.

> Although at 15 you're probably better off just making sure you eat enough,
> and good foods not just junk food.

Uh, no...

WE are the tallest people on the Planet right now, and its not from eating
vegetables.

Are you sure you want to know why we are so big?

----
Pete

David
September 19th 06, 11:14 AM
"Pete" > wrote in message
> "Spammers_Should_Be_Shot" > schreef:
>
>>> As such whey protein is a perfectly good way (ha ha) to add protein
>>> and calories to your diet. It's not any more dangerous than milk
>>> (which I personally don't consider to be dangerous), and it's
>>> relatively inexpensive.
>
>> Although at 15 you're probably better off just making sure you eat
>> enough,
>> and good foods not just junk food.
>
> Uh, no...
>
> WE are the tallest people on the Planet right now, and its not from eating
> vegetables.
>
> Are you sure you want to know why we are so big?

I am told that wanking makes you taller

Pete
September 19th 06, 11:38 AM
"David" > schreef:

>> Are you sure you want to know why we are so big?

> I am told that wanking makes you taller

AND heavier!

A bit more vascular as well...

----
Pete

David
September 19th 06, 12:09 PM
"Pete" > wrote in message
> "David" > schreef:
>
>>> Are you sure you want to know why we are so big?
>
>> I am told that wanking makes you taller
>
> AND heavier!
>
> A bit more vascular as well...

C'mon Pete why are you dutch people tall? It's the milk right? You are still
drinking mothers milk till you are 10 years old, right?

Will Brink
September 19th 06, 02:39 PM
In article om>, "tom"
> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I just started strength training because I was bored in the off season
> and decided to put my time to good use. I am 15 years old and weigh
> about 122 lbs. I want to take whey protein because all my friends do

"If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you follow them?" - Your mom

> but as you guessed they're alot bigger than me. All the labels I have
> seen say "YOU MUST BE 18 TO USE THIS PRODUCT".

I have never seen a whey product with that warning

>Should I take it anyway?
> Any suggestions as to what to take?

Yes, food, and lots of it. There is no magic in whey as a weight gainer.

> I would like to gain weight too,
> but in a healthy way.

See above

> Thanks.

Pete
September 19th 06, 06:25 PM
"David" > schreef:

>>> I am told that wanking makes you taller

>> AND heavier!

>> A bit more vascular as well...

> C'mon Pete why are you dutch people tall? It's the milk right? You are
> still drinking mothers milk till you are 10 years old, right?

15

And if you give me the oppertunity, i will drink it again.

----
Pete

Steve Freides
September 19th 06, 09:16 PM
"Will Brink" > wrote in message
> In article om>,
> "tom"
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I just started strength training because I was bored in the off
>> season
>> and decided to put my time to good use. I am 15 years old and weigh
>> about 122 lbs. I want to take whey protein because all my friends do
>
> "If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you follow them?" -
> Your mom
>

>> but as you guessed they're alot bigger than me. All the labels I
>> have
>> seen say "YOU MUST BE 18 TO USE THIS PRODUCT".
>
> I have never seen a whey product with that warning
>
>>Should I take it anyway?
>> Any suggestions as to what to take?
>
> Yes, food, and lots of it. There is no magic in whey as a weight
> gainer.
>
>> I would like to gain weight too,
>> but in a healthy way.
>
> See above
>
>> Thanks.

What Will said. :) For most people most of the time, gaining or losing
weight is about diet. Whether or not what you gain is muscle or fat
depends on the rest of your life including your exercise program.

Also, at your annual physical, at least around here, the doctor tells
you where you are in both height and weight compared to others your age.
I don't imagine that 122 lbs. at 15 years of age is abnormally small.
If you do some online searching, you'll find you weigh slightly below
average but still a very healthy weight for your age. At your age, your
physician ought to be included in any decision to start supplementing
your diet - really never a bad idea at any age. Maybe you just need
lighter friends. :)

Last but certainly not least, puberty and the growth that usually
accompanies it, happens at different ages for different people. Our
next door neighbor's youngest was a junior in high school before his
voice even started to change and, as a result, he was a lot smaller than
his friends during his freshman and sophomore years and even in middle
school, but the same size by the time they graduated.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

David
September 20th 06, 01:37 AM
"Pete" > wrote in message

>>> AND heavier!
>
>>> A bit more vascular as well...
>
>> C'mon Pete why are you dutch people tall? It's the milk right? You are
>> still drinking mothers milk till you are 10 years old, right?
>
> 15
>
> And if you give me the oppertunity, i will drink it again.

I have sucked a lot of tits hoping to get a little milk but it has never
happened yet. I just suck and suck and then sometimes she asks me to suck on
the other tit and I can't figure it all out because no milk ever comes out.
(that was not my mother and maybe that was the problem)

Bully
September 20th 06, 06:39 AM
Steve Freides wrote:
> "Will Brink" > wrote in message
>> In article om>,
>> "tom"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I just started strength training because I was bored in the off
>>> season
>>> and decided to put my time to good use. I am 15 years old and weigh
>>> about 122 lbs. I want to take whey protein because all my friends do
>>
>> "If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you follow them?" -
>> Your mom
>>

>>> but as you guessed they're alot bigger than me. All the labels I
>>> have
>>> seen say "YOU MUST BE 18 TO USE THIS PRODUCT".
>>
>> I have never seen a whey product with that warning
>>
>>> Should I take it anyway?
>>> Any suggestions as to what to take?
>>
>> Yes, food, and lots of it. There is no magic in whey as a weight
>> gainer.
>>
>>> I would like to gain weight too,
>>> but in a healthy way.
>>
>> See above
>>
>>> Thanks.
>
> What Will said. :) For most people most of the time, gaining or
> losing weight is about diet. Whether or not what you gain is muscle
> or fat depends on the rest of your life including your exercise
> program.
> Also, at your annual physical, at least around here, the doctor tells
> you where you are in both height and weight compared to others your
> age. I don't imagine that 122 lbs. at 15 years of age is abnormally
> small. If you do some online searching, you'll find you weigh
> slightly below average but still a very healthy weight for your age. At
> your age, your physician ought to be included in any decision to
> start supplementing your diet - really never a bad idea at any age.

Does anyone else agree with this? The vast majority of GP's in the UK would
know absolutely ****-all about nutrition and would most certainly avoid
giving you any advice re. supplementation [although most would probably
consider it dangerous for some reason or another, based on utter ignorance].

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Charles
September 20th 06, 08:25 AM
On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:37:36 +1000, "David" >
wrote:

>>> C'mon Pete why are you dutch people tall? It's the milk right? You are
>>> still drinking mothers milk till you are 10 years old, right?
>>
>> 15
>>
>> And if you give me the oppertunity, i will drink it again.
>>

>I have sucked a lot of tits hoping to get a little milk but it has never
>happened yet. I just suck and suck and then sometimes she asks me to suck on
>the other tit and I can't figure it all out because no milk ever comes out.
>(that was not my mother and maybe that was the problem)

I'm delighted to hear you have been keeping abreast of the situation;
thanks for the mammary! ;o)

David
September 20th 06, 09:45 AM
"Charles" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:37:36 +1000, "David" >
> wrote:

>>> 15
>>>
>>> And if you give me the oppertunity, i will drink it again.
>>>

>>I have sucked a lot of tits hoping to get a little milk but it has never
>>happened yet. I just suck and suck and then sometimes she asks me to suck
>>on
>>the other tit and I can't figure it all out because no milk ever comes
>>out.
>>(that was not my mother and maybe that was the problem)
>>

> I'm delighted to hear you have been keeping abreast of the situation;
> thanks for the mammary! ;o)

I udder do it more often!