PDA

View Full Version : how to start with resistance training


krish
September 19th 06, 04:51 AM
hi,
i have never gone to gym but i want to start with it soon.my height is
172cms and weight is 64 kgs.can anyone tell me what all exercies i need
to do for developing chest and biceps.how many days ina week should i
go for gym.what all foods do i need to include in my diet to sustain
this weight training.

Pete
September 19th 06, 10:42 AM
"krish" > schreef:

> can anyone tell me what all exercies i need
> to do for developing chest and biceps.

Curls, bench presses and flyes.
Kill-file ANYone who suggest you should focus on squats and deadlifts.

> how many days ina week should i
> go for gym.

For chest and biceps, i would make a nice home set-up. Train them 2-3 times
a week.

> what all foods do i need to include in my diet to sustain
> this weight training.

Include lots of animal foods.

----
Pete

Tom Anderson
September 19th 06, 12:53 PM
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Pete wrote:

> "krish" > schreef:
>
>> can anyone tell me what all exercies i need to do for developing chest
>> and biceps.

1. Drink milk
2. Do squats

> Curls, bench presses and flyes.

And those.

> Kill-file ANYone who suggest you should focus on squats and deadlifts.

God dammit!

Okay, i was kidding about the squats for the chest and arms. However,
Krish, why you ask specifically about the chest and biceps? Is it that
you're big enough everywhere else, and just need to push these a bit
harder, or is it that you don't care about the other muscles? If the
latter, i think you should reexamine your focus: having big pecs and
biceps and scrawny everything else won't give you useful functional
strength, since there will be weak links in any chain you try to lift
with, and it won't make you look good - the keys to that are a broad back
and thick legs, and good triceps and shoulders too.

>> what all foods do i need to include in my diet to sustain this weight
>> training.
>
> Include lots of animal foods.

What? You mean like birdseed or those little beany things you feed cats?
Or maybe grass - cows eat that, and those mother****ers are *huge*. Or do
you mean foods made from animals? In which case you may find the word
'meat' useful. HTH.

tom

--
Michael Jackson had that idea back in the 80s. There was even a ride
at Disneyland.

Sag
September 20th 06, 10:01 PM
krish wrote:
> hi,
> i have never gone to gym but i want to start with it soon.my height is
> 172cms and weight is 64 kgs.can anyone tell me what all exercies i need
> to do for developing chest and biceps.how many days ina week should i
> go for gym.what all foods do i need to include in my diet to sustain
> this weight training.


-"Mommy, mommy, where do lightbulbs come from?"