PDA

View Full Version : Would an ASP have worked as well?

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 19th 06, 07:01 PM
http://tinyurl.com/egsm7

Somehow I doubt it, unless you were really good with it......
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Pez D Spencer
September 19th 06, 07:57 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/egsm7
>
> Somehow I doubt it, unless you were really good with it......
> --
> Peace!
> Om
>
> "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch"
> -- Jack Nicholson

it's the age-old argument: do i code in ASP, or ColdFusion?

Richard
September 20th 06, 12:34 AM
Pez D Spencer wrote:
> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>> http://tinyurl.com/egsm7
>>
>> Somehow I doubt it, unless you were really good with it......
>> --
>> Peace!
>> Om
>>
>> "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch"
>> -- Jack Nicholson
>
> it's the age-old argument: do i code in ASP, or ColdFusion?

To CSS or not CSS? That! Is the question!

Of course, typing in "kiss my coldfusion" takes a lot longer.

Richard

Pez D Spencer
September 20th 06, 12:39 AM
Richard wrote:

> To CSS or not CSS? That! Is the question!
>
> Of course, typing in "kiss my coldfusion" takes a lot longer.
>
> Richard

and we would've succeeded if it weren't for that meddling .NET!

Robert Schuh
September 20th 06, 05:24 AM
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/egsm7
>
> Somehow I doubt it, unless you were really good with it......
> --
> Peace!
> Om
>
> "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch"
> -- Jack Nicholson

I love how you guys have completely lost touch with what I was talking
about. You have to remember that there are many of us out there who can
not own a gun, so going on and on about this is really quite silly. BTW,
you obviously know very little about disarming someone with a knife.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Larry Hodges
September 20th 06, 08:09 AM
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> http://tinyurl.com/egsm7
>
> Somehow I doubt it, unless you were really good with it......
> --
> Peace!
> Om
>
> "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch"
> -- Jack Nicholson

It warms my heart when I see scum like that die. ahhh...I'll sleep well
tonight. Good news always does that.

-Larry

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 20th 06, 03:54 PM
In article >,
Robert Schuh > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > http://tinyurl.com/egsm7
> >
> > Somehow I doubt it, unless you were really good with it......
> > --
>
> I love how you guys have completely lost touch with what I was talking
> about. You have to remember that there are many of us out there who can
> not own a gun, so going on and on about this is really quite silly. BTW,
> you obviously know very little about disarming someone with a knife.
>

> --
> Robert Schuh

Exactly my point...

Not all of us are trained in knife (or club) fighting techniques.
Granted, I'm sure I could learn with money and time, (I could find the
time, the money is another matter) but I already know how to use a gun
as I grew up around them. Well, rifles anyway. Handguns are different
but they are easier to learn to use.

I've got some books on knife techniques but that's not enough. It really
DOES take physical training for hand to hand type combat techniques!

I'll take a pistol over an ASP any day of the week. ;-) I don't have to
get physically close to my target.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 20th 06, 03:54 PM
In article >,
"Larry Hodges" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> > http://tinyurl.com/egsm7
> >
> > Somehow I doubt it, unless you were really good with it......
> > --
> > Peace!
> > Om
> >
> > "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch"
> > -- Jack Nicholson
>
> It warms my heart when I see scum like that die. ahhh...I'll sleep well
> tonight. Good news always does that.
>
> -Larry

:-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Henry
September 20th 06, 11:55 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/egsm7

> Somehow I doubt it, unless you were really good with it......

Too bad he has to clean up the mess. Probably less blood
with the ASP....

--

http://911research.wtc7.net
http://www.st911.org

Here's what happens to steel framed buildings exposed
to raging infernos for hours on end.

http://davesweb.cnchost.com/nwsltr69c.html

On 9-11-01, WTC7, a 47 story steel framed building, which
had only small, random fires, dropped in perfect symmetry
at near free fall speed as in a perfectly executed controlled
demolition.

http://911research.wtc7.net/talks/wtc/videos.html
http://www.physics.byu.edu/research/energy/htm7.html
http://wtc7.net/articles/FEMA/WTC_ch5.htm

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 21st 06, 03:19 AM
In article >,
Henry > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > http://tinyurl.com/egsm7
>
> > Somehow I doubt it, unless you were really good with it......
>
> Too bad he has to clean up the mess. Probably less blood
> with the ASP....

Don't count on that. ;-)

Ever seen anyone bleed from head trauma?

'sides, there are companies that specialize in cleaning up crime scenes.
You can pay someone else to do it.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

JMW
September 21st 06, 08:29 AM
OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:

>In article >,
> Henry > wrote:
>
>> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>>
>> > http://tinyurl.com/egsm7
>>
>> > Somehow I doubt it, unless you were really good with it......
>>
>> Too bad he has to clean up the mess. Probably less blood
>> with the ASP....
>
>Don't count on that. ;-)
>
>Ever seen anyone bleed from head trauma?

I think Henry was dropped on his head as a baby.

That would explain a lot.

Robert Schuh
September 21st 06, 09:54 AM
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> In article >,
> Robert Schuh > wrote:
>
> > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> >
> > > http://tinyurl.com/egsm7
> > >
> > > Somehow I doubt it, unless you were really good with it......
> > > --
> >
> > I love how you guys have completely lost touch with what I was talking
> > about. You have to remember that there are many of us out there who can
> > not own a gun, so going on and on about this is really quite silly. BTW,
> > you obviously know very little about disarming someone with a knife.
> >

> > --
> > Robert Schuh
>
> Exactly my point...
>
> Not all of us are trained in knife (or club) fighting techniques.
> Granted, I'm sure I could learn with money and time, (I could find the
> time, the money is another matter) but I already know how to use a gun
> as I grew up around them. Well, rifles anyway. Handguns are different
> but they are easier to learn to use.
>
> I've got some books on knife techniques but that's not enough. It really
> DOES take physical training for hand to hand type combat techniques!
>
> I'll take a pistol over an ASP any day of the week. ;-) I don't have to
> get physically close to my target.
> --
> Peace!
> Om
>
> "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch"
> -- Jack Nicholson

You still did not read the part when I stated that some of us can no longer
own guns because of some really ludicrous laws in this country. If I am caught
even holding a gun, I can go away for 5 years in a heart beat. I am working on
getting my felonies expunged and after that, I may be able to get my guns
rights back. I have a chance seeing that my crimes were nothing violent. When
I tell most people what I went to prison for, they either don't believe me or
are just dumbfounded by how silly our legal system is. I do know that there
are hundreds of thousands of US citizens out there not sleeping at nights
knowing that a guy like me who faked come prescriptions for medication I
needed when on dialysis is out there!! :-) I understand taking away gun rights
for people who commit violent crimes, but it is ridiculous for people whose
crimes had nothing to do with violence.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

David Cohen
September 21st 06, 10:05 AM
Robert Schuh wrote:
> You still did not read the part when I stated that some of us can no longer
> own guns because of some really ludicrous laws in this country. If I am caught
> even holding a gun, I can go away for 5 years in a heart beat. I am working on
> getting my felonies expunged and after that, I may be able to get my guns
> rights back. I have a chance seeing that my crimes were nothing violent. When
> I tell most people what I went to prison for, they either don't believe me or
> are just dumbfounded by how silly our legal system is. I do know that there
> are hundreds of thousands of US citizens out there not sleeping at nights
> knowing that a guy like me who faked come prescriptions for medication I
> needed when on dialysis is out there!! :-) I understand taking away gun rights
> for people who commit violent crimes, but it is ridiculous for people whose
> crimes had nothing to do with violence.

If I were in your shoes, Rob (there's a pun in there somewhere), I'd
still carry a spectrum of legal weapons...a legally sized knife, pepper
spray if legal, maybe an ASP, although they may be illegal concealed in
some jurisdictions. If so, maybe a walking stick/cane/big ass
flashlight.

And, needless to say, the training to use them.

David

ATP*
September 21st 06, 11:39 AM
"Robert Schuh" > wrote in message

> You still did not read the part when I stated that some of us can no
> longer
> own guns because of some really ludicrous laws in this country. If I am
> caught
> even holding a gun, I can go away for 5 years in a heart beat. I am
> working on
> getting my felonies expunged

not happening

and after that, I may be able to get my guns
> rights back. I have a chance seeing that my crimes were nothing violent.
> When
> I tell most people what I went to prison for, they either don't believe me
> or
> are just dumbfounded by how silly our legal system is. I do know that
> there
> are hundreds of thousands of US citizens out there not sleeping at nights
> knowing that a guy like me who faked come prescriptions for medication I
> needed when on dialysis is out there!!

That was for Vicodin, right?

:-) I understand taking away gun rights
> for people who commit violent crimes, but it is ridiculous for people
> whose
> crimes had nothing to do with violence.
>

> --
> Robert Schuh
> "Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
> intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
> the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
> the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
> - Nietzsche
>
> http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 21st 06, 09:39 PM
In article >,
JMW > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Henry > wrote:

> >> Too bad he has to clean up the mess. Probably less blood
> >> with the ASP....
> >
> >Don't count on that. ;-)
> >
> >Ever seen anyone bleed from head trauma?
>
> I think Henry was dropped on his head as a baby.
>
> That would explain a lot.

<snicker>
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 21st 06, 09:41 PM
In article >,
Robert Schuh > wrote:

> > I've got some books on knife techniques but that's not enough. It really
> > DOES take physical training for hand to hand type combat techniques!
> >
> > I'll take a pistol over an ASP any day of the week. ;-) I don't have to
> > get physically close to my target.
> > --
> > Peace!
> > Om
> >
> > "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch"
> > -- Jack Nicholson
>
> You still did not read the part when I stated that some of us can no longer
> own guns because of some really ludicrous laws in this country. If I am caught
> even holding a gun, I can go away for 5 years in a heart beat. I am working on
> getting my felonies expunged and after that, I may be able to get my guns
> rights back. I have a chance seeing that my crimes were nothing violent. When
> I tell most people what I went to prison for, they either don't believe me or
> are just dumbfounded by how silly our legal system is. I do know that there
> are hundreds of thousands of US citizens out there not sleeping at nights
> knowing that a guy like me who faked come prescriptions for medication I
> needed when on dialysis is out there!! :-) I understand taking away gun rights
> for people who commit violent crimes, but it is ridiculous for people whose
> crimes had nothing to do with violence.
>

> --
> Robert Schuh

That's easy.

Move to Texas... or Nevada. ;-)

And give it time.

Statutes of limitations and all that?
I think anyhoo...
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 21st 06, 09:48 PM
In article m>,
"David Cohen" > wrote:

> Robert Schuh wrote:
> > You still did not read the part when I stated that some of us can no longer
> > own guns because of some really ludicrous laws in this country. If I am
> > caught
> > even holding a gun, I can go away for 5 years in a heart beat. I am working
> > on
> > getting my felonies expunged and after that, I may be able to get my guns
> > rights back. I have a chance seeing that my crimes were nothing violent.
> > When
> > I tell most people what I went to prison for, they either don't believe me
> > or
> > are just dumbfounded by how silly our legal system is. I do know that there
> > are hundreds of thousands of US citizens out there not sleeping at nights
> > knowing that a guy like me who faked come prescriptions for medication I
> > needed when on dialysis is out there!! :-) I understand taking away gun
> > rights
> > for people who commit violent crimes, but it is ridiculous for people whose
> > crimes had nothing to do with violence.
>
> If I were in your shoes, Rob (there's a pun in there somewhere), I'd
> still carry a spectrum of legal weapons...a legally sized knife, pepper
> spray if legal, maybe an ASP, although they may be illegal concealed in
> some jurisdictions. If so, maybe a walking stick/cane/big ass
> flashlight.
>
> And, needless to say, the training to use them.
>
> David

The training to use any weapon IMHO is the key.

Even a gun.

Flashlights I think are legal even in England and Australia?

<smirk>

On a more sober note, I could lose my job for carrying _any_ weapon into
the building, but our so called "security" sucks. Pepper spray does not
seem to be classified as a "weapon". I work nights. No explanation
needed.

I carry a small but effective canister of pepper spray on my keychain.

I know that a 2 million scoville unit spray hitting _me_ in the face
would disable me for at least a few minutes. ;-)

Just don't miss.

And pray said "victim" is not carrying superior fire power.

<sigh>
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Henry
September 22nd 06, 01:26 AM
JMW wrote:

> I think

When was that?

--

http://911research.wtc7.net
http://www.st911.org

"They are waging a campaign of murder and destruction. And
there is no limit to the innocent lives they are willing to
take... men with blind hatred and armed with lethal weapons
who are capable of any atrocity... they respect no laws of
warfare or morality."
-bu$h describing his own illegal invasion of Iraq.
http://www.robert-fisk.com/iraqwarvictims_mar2003.htm

Robert Schuh
September 22nd 06, 07:12 AM
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> In article >,
> Robert Schuh > wrote:
>
> > > I've got some books on knife techniques but that's not enough. It really
> > > DOES take physical training for hand to hand type combat techniques!
> > >
> > > I'll take a pistol over an ASP any day of the week. ;-) I don't have to
> > > get physically close to my target.
> > > --
> > > Peace!
> > > Om
> > >
> > > "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch"
> > > -- Jack Nicholson
> >
> > You still did not read the part when I stated that some of us can no longer
> > own guns because of some really ludicrous laws in this country. If I am caught
> > even holding a gun, I can go away for 5 years in a heart beat. I am working on
> > getting my felonies expunged and after that, I may be able to get my guns
> > rights back. I have a chance seeing that my crimes were nothing violent. When
> > I tell most people what I went to prison for, they either don't believe me or
> > are just dumbfounded by how silly our legal system is. I do know that there
> > are hundreds of thousands of US citizens out there not sleeping at nights
> > knowing that a guy like me who faked come prescriptions for medication I
> > needed when on dialysis is out there!! :-) I understand taking away gun rights
> > for people who commit violent crimes, but it is ridiculous for people whose
> > crimes had nothing to do with violence.
> >

> > --
> > Robert Schuh
>
> That's easy.
>
> Move to Texas... or Nevada. ;-)
>
> And give it time.
>
> Statutes of limitations and all that?
> I think anyhoo...
> --
> Peace!
> Om
>
> "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch"
> -- Jack Nicholson

Statutes of limitations only count if you committed a crime and were not prosecuted
for it. Once you are convicted, it is there for life unless you get it expunged. I
am looking for an attorney right now who won't charge me an arm and a leg. I know it
is just a matter of getting some forms.

Rob

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 22nd 06, 06:03 PM
In article >,
Robert Schuh > wrote:

> Statutes of limitations only count if you committed a crime and were not
> prosecuted
> for it. Once you are convicted, it is there for life unless you get it
> expunged. I
> am looking for an attorney right now who won't charge me an arm and a leg. I
> know it
> is just a matter of getting some forms.
>

> Rob
>

> --
> Robert Schuh

That so seriously sux. :-(

I wish you all the best!

Keep us posted if you manage to beat the rap?

Cheers! :-)
--
Peace!
Om