PDA

View Full Version : Fun at the range?

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 20th 06, 04:25 PM
Click on the video clip to watch a fully automatic Glock:

http://fss-g.com/index2.htm
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Bully
September 20th 06, 07:05 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> Click on the video clip to watch a fully automatic Glock:
>
> http://fss-g.com/index2.htm

That's.....mad!

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 20th 06, 09:16 PM
In article >,
"Bully" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > Click on the video clip to watch a fully automatic Glock:
> >
> > http://fss-g.com/index2.htm
>
> That's.....mad!
>
> --
> Bully

I think that's the general idea. ;-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

The BassRustler
September 21st 06, 01:26 AM
On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:25:09 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>Click on the video clip to watch a fully automatic Glock:
>
>http://fss-g.com/index2.htm

heh thats pretty sweet ... doesnt appear to keep a very tight pattern
....no?

I like this one too.

From the 2006 Knob Creek shooot um up, tehehe .... dual drum mags on
a Glock.

http://www.redneck.org/mp3/glock_drum-mag.wmv (1.8 meg)

thats just a lil snippet of the original video, the 13 meg clip of
them trying to melt down that lil glock ...

these guys manufacture bad ass weapons...

fortunately.... they dont appear to be available to the general
public.

DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.

http://www.armamentsales.com/home.html

check out ther videos page if you have time and a speedy line to the
world ... jeez the piles of shell casings is WILD ..

heres another just for grins... this one most assuredly was made by GE
already mounted on one o thos machines that dont fly.... it just beats
the air into submission ....

http://www.redneck.org/mp3/minigun2.wmv (2.70 meg)

enjoy

gn

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 21st 06, 03:11 AM
In article >,
The BassRustler > wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:25:09 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> > wrote:
>
> >Click on the video clip to watch a fully automatic Glock:
> >
> >http://fss-g.com/index2.htm
>

> heh thats pretty sweet ... doesnt appear to keep a very tight pattern
> ...no?

That's the shooter, not the gun. <G>

> I like this one too.
>
> From the 2006 Knob Creek shooot um up, tehehe .... dual drum mags on
> a Glock.
>
> http://www.redneck.org/mp3/glock_drum-mag.wmv (1.8 meg)

Wicked. :-)

I've seen drum magazines for sale on on-line catalogues, but I did note
that the device to make it fully automatic was not available to the
public. I wonder how the thing works?

> thats just a lil snippet of the original video, the 13 meg clip of
> them trying to melt down that lil glock ...
>
> these guys manufacture bad ass weapons...
>
> fortunately.... they dont appear to be available to the general
> public.
>
> DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
>
> http://www.armamentsales.com/home.html

Ouch!
Big downloads. I'll have to check it out later when I have more time.

> check out ther videos page if you have time and a speedy line to the
> world ... jeez the piles of shell casings is WILD ..
>
> heres another just for grins... this one most assuredly was made by GE
> already mounted on one o thos machines that dont fly.... it just beats
> the air into submission ....
>
> http://www.redneck.org/mp3/minigun2.wmv (2.70 meg)

Interesting effects using tracers. :-)

> enjoy
>
> gn

Thanks!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Robert Schuh
September 21st 06, 09:58 AM
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> Click on the video clip to watch a fully automatic Glock:
>
> http://fss-g.com/index2.htm
> --
> Peace!
> Om
>
> "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch"
> -- Jack Nicholson

Did you notice that Glock had a hammer on it? That would be a cool toy!
;-)

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Robert Schuh
September 21st 06, 10:01 AM
The BassRustler wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:25:09 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> > wrote:
>
> >Click on the video clip to watch a fully automatic Glock:
> >
> >http://fss-g.com/index2.htm
>
> heh thats pretty sweet ... doesnt appear to keep a very tight pattern
> ...no?
>
> I like this one too.
>
> From the 2006 Knob Creek shooot um up, tehehe .... dual drum mags on
> a Glock.
>
> http://www.redneck.org/mp3/glock_drum-mag.wmv (1.8 meg)
>
> thats just a lil snippet of the original video, the 13 meg clip of
> them trying to melt down that lil glock ...
>
> these guys manufacture bad ass weapons...
>
> fortunately.... they dont appear to be available to the general
> public.
>
> DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
>
> http://www.armamentsales.com/home.html
>
> check out ther videos page if you have time and a speedy line to the
> world ... jeez the piles of shell casings is WILD ..
>
> heres another just for grins... this one most assuredly was made by GE
> already mounted on one o thos machines that dont fly.... it just beats
> the air into submission ....
>
> http://www.redneck.org/mp3/minigun2.wmv (2.70 meg)
>
> enjoy
>
> gn

I am sure you can buy one if you have a license to own a machine gun.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Robert Schuh
September 21st 06, 10:07 AM
The BassRustler wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:25:09 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> > wrote:
>
> >Click on the video clip to watch a fully automatic Glock:
> >
> >http://fss-g.com/index2.htm
>
> heh thats pretty sweet ... doesnt appear to keep a very tight pattern
> ...no?
>
> I like this one too.
>
> From the 2006 Knob Creek shooot um up, tehehe .... dual drum mags on
> a Glock.
>
> http://www.redneck.org/mp3/glock_drum-mag.wmv (1.8 meg)
>
> thats just a lil snippet of the original video, the 13 meg clip of
> them trying to melt down that lil glock ...
>
> these guys manufacture bad ass weapons...
>
> fortunately.... they dont appear to be available to the general
> public.
>
> DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
>
> http://www.armamentsales.com/home.html
>
> check out ther videos page if you have time and a speedy line to the
> world ... jeez the piles of shell casings is WILD ..
>
> heres another just for grins... this one most assuredly was made by GE
> already mounted on one o thos machines that dont fly.... it just beats
> the air into submission ....
>
> http://www.redneck.org/mp3/minigun2.wmv (2.70 meg)
>
> enjoy
>
> gn

The Mini gun is just 7.62. Can you imagine what damage the 30 mm cannon on
the Warthog can do?? :-) The cannon on the A-10 can actually stop the
plane in the air if it could fire long enough. They don't carry enough
ammo to do that and the barrels would melt, but it is an amazing fact
anyway. That plane is such an amazing system and many dolts in the
military have wanted to shut that plane down for years. They actually were
trying to claim that the F-16 could fill that role. That is just
ludicrous. The A-10 is just a big heavy and slow flying gun with amazing
amounts of armament. It is basically a flying tank. The titanium tub that
the pilot sits in is a marvel unto itself.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Lee Michaels
September 21st 06, 03:35 PM
"Robert Schuh" > wrote

> The Mini gun is just 7.62. Can you imagine what damage the 30 mm cannon on
> the Warthog can do?? :-) The cannon on the A-10 can actually stop the
> plane in the air if it could fire long enough. They don't carry enough
> ammo to do that and the barrels would melt, but it is an amazing fact
> anyway. That plane is such an amazing system and many dolts in the
> military have wanted to shut that plane down for years. They actually were
> trying to claim that the F-16 could fill that role. That is just
> ludicrous. The A-10 is just a big heavy and slow flying gun with amazing
> amounts of armament. It is basically a flying tank. The titanium tub that
> the pilot sits in is a marvel unto itself.

Have you heard the latest on the warthog?

It turns out that the air force, which has hated the low cost, ugly warthog,
discovered that it has no capability to land planes on anything less than a
commercial airport. And the warthog is the only plane in the inventory that
can presently do this. The marines have their harriers. But the air force
has nothing like this. And this capability is needed in the low
intensity-terrorist type of conflicts.

Sooo........, they are now spending lots of money to upgrade a number of
warthogs. The present warthogs are now at about twice of their original
intended flying hours. So they are rugged and last a long time too. The
upgrades include new digital cockpits so they can now fly at night. and
carry more types of weapons including JDAM capability.

The air force is also trying to get an air force version of the new harrier
jump jet for themselves. This will be to address the primitive landing strip
concerns in the future. They could build ten or more new A-10's with bill
for a new high buck jet. (The marines don't like this idea at all)

Some of the renovated warthogs are getting a new gun as well. They have a
smaller, lighter version of the mini gun that is used in other military
machines. So they are standardizing. It fires a 25 mm shell. takes up less
room than the old gun, is quieter and is a dual configuration. So it fires
from two sets of revolving barrels.

September 21st 06, 03:38 PM
Machine gun license? No such thing...

Any qualified civilian can own a PRE-1986 ATF registered machine gun.
Anything POST-86 or Post Sample, you will have to be a LE agency, SOT
(class 3 dealer), or manufacturer.

I have shot the G18, its alot of fun, but that is about it.

I would rather shoot my registered M16 or MP5.

JMW
September 21st 06, 08:05 PM
"Lee Michaels" > wrote:

>"Robert Schuh" > wrote
>>
>> The Mini gun is just 7.62. Can you imagine what damage the 30 mm cannon on
>> the Warthog can do?? :-) The cannon on the A-10 can actually stop the
>> plane in the air if it could fire long enough. They don't carry enough
>> ammo to do that and the barrels would melt, but it is an amazing fact
>> anyway. That plane is such an amazing system and many dolts in the
>> military have wanted to shut that plane down for years. They actually were
>> trying to claim that the F-16 could fill that role. That is just
>> ludicrous. The A-10 is just a big heavy and slow flying gun with amazing
>> amounts of armament. It is basically a flying tank. The titanium tub that
>> the pilot sits in is a marvel unto itself.
>>
>Have you heard the latest on the warthog?
>
>It turns out that the air force, which has hated the low cost, ugly warthog,
>discovered that it has no capability to land planes on anything less than a
>commercial airport. And the warthog is the only plane in the inventory that
>can presently do this. The marines have their harriers. But the air force
>has nothing like this. And this capability is needed in the low
>intensity-terrorist type of conflicts.
>
>Sooo........, they are now spending lots of money to upgrade a number of
>warthogs. The present warthogs are now at about twice of their original
>intended flying hours. So they are rugged and last a long time too. The
>upgrades include new digital cockpits so they can now fly at night. and
>carry more types of weapons including JDAM capability.
>
>The air force is also trying to get an air force version of the new harrier
>jump jet for themselves. This will be to address the primitive landing strip
>concerns in the future. They could build ten or more new A-10's with bill
>for a new high buck jet. (The marines don't like this idea at all)
>
>Some of the renovated warthogs are getting a new gun as well. They have a
>smaller, lighter version of the mini gun that is used in other military
>machines. So they are standardizing. It fires a 25 mm shell. takes up less
>room than the old gun, is quieter and is a dual configuration. So it fires
>from two sets of revolving barrels.

I recall hearing about the first-ever air-to-air A10 kill during the
Gulf War. An Iraqi helicopter popped up in front of the A10, and the
A10 hosed it with the mini gun. <heh> When opportunity knocks ...

JMW
September 21st 06, 08:07 PM
wrote:

>Machine gun license? No such thing...
>
>Any qualified civilian can own a PRE-1986 ATF registered machine gun.
>Anything POST-86 or Post Sample, you will have to be a LE agency, SOT
>(class 3 dealer), or manufacturer.

I believe you still have to obtain the BATF permit, signed onto by
your local CLEO, and pay for the $200 tax stamp.

Lee Michaels
September 21st 06, 08:21 PM
"JMW" wrote
> "Lee Michaels" > wrote:
>>
>>"Robert Schuh" > wrote
>>>
>>> The Mini gun is just 7.62. Can you imagine what damage the 30 mm cannon
>>> on
>>> the Warthog can do?? :-) The cannon on the A-10 can actually stop the
>>> plane in the air if it could fire long enough. They don't carry enough
>>> ammo to do that and the barrels would melt, but it is an amazing fact
>>> anyway. That plane is such an amazing system and many dolts in the
>>> military have wanted to shut that plane down for years. They actually
>>> were
>>> trying to claim that the F-16 could fill that role. That is just
>>> ludicrous. The A-10 is just a big heavy and slow flying gun with amazing
>>> amounts of armament. It is basically a flying tank. The titanium tub
>>> that
>>> the pilot sits in is a marvel unto itself.
>>>
>>Have you heard the latest on the warthog?
>>
>>It turns out that the air force, which has hated the low cost, ugly
>>warthog,
>>discovered that it has no capability to land planes on anything less than
>>commercial airport. And the warthog is the only plane in the inventory
>>that
>>can presently do this. The marines have their harriers. But the air force
>>has nothing like this. And this capability is needed in the low
>>intensity-terrorist type of conflicts.
>>
>>Sooo........, they are now spending lots of money to upgrade a number of
>>warthogs. The present warthogs are now at about twice of their original
>>intended flying hours. So they are rugged and last a long time too. The
>>upgrades include new digital cockpits so they can now fly at night. and
>>carry more types of weapons including JDAM capability.
>>
>>The air force is also trying to get an air force version of the new
>>harrier
>>jump jet for themselves. This will be to address the primitive landing
>>strip
>>concerns in the future. They could build ten or more new A-10's with bill
>>for a new high buck jet. (The marines don't like this idea at all)
>>
>>Some of the renovated warthogs are getting a new gun as well. They have a
>>smaller, lighter version of the mini gun that is used in other military
>>machines. So they are standardizing. It fires a 25 mm shell. takes up less
>>room than the old gun, is quieter and is a dual configuration. So it
>>fires
>>from two sets of revolving barrels.
>
> I recall hearing about the first-ever air-to-air A10 kill during the
> Gulf War. An Iraqi helicopter popped up in front of the A10, and the
> A10 hosed it with the mini gun. <heh> When opportunity knocks ...

I remember that story too. It was not the pilot's first choice. He couldn't
make his missiles work. So he used the gun. Needless to say, the
helicopter did not do well in that confrontation.

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 21st 06, 09:34 PM
In article >,
Robert Schuh > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > Click on the video clip to watch a fully automatic Glock:
> >
> > http://fss-g.com/index2.htm
> > --
>
> Did you notice that Glock had a hammer on it? That would be a cool toy!
> ;-)
>

> --
> Robert Schuh

Indeed.......
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 21st 06, 09:36 PM
In article >,
Robert Schuh > wrote:

> > http://www.redneck.org/mp3/minigun2.wmv (2.70 meg)
> >
> > enjoy
> >
> > gn
>
> I am sure you can buy one if you have a license to own a machine gun.
>

> --
> Robert Schuh

But I'd have to want one. ;-)

I still think it's a waste of ammo.

Just a personal opinion of course.

Still looks like fun tho'. <G>
Don't think I'd not fire one given an opportunity!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Robert Schuh
September 22nd 06, 07:36 AM
Lee Michaels wrote:

> "Robert Schuh" > wrote
> >
> > The Mini gun is just 7.62. Can you imagine what damage the 30 mm cannon on
> > the Warthog can do?? :-) The cannon on the A-10 can actually stop the
> > plane in the air if it could fire long enough. They don't carry enough
> > ammo to do that and the barrels would melt, but it is an amazing fact
> > anyway. That plane is such an amazing system and many dolts in the
> > military have wanted to shut that plane down for years. They actually were
> > trying to claim that the F-16 could fill that role. That is just
> > ludicrous. The A-10 is just a big heavy and slow flying gun with amazing
> > amounts of armament. It is basically a flying tank. The titanium tub that
> > the pilot sits in is a marvel unto itself.
> >
> Have you heard the latest on the warthog?
>
> It turns out that the air force, which has hated the low cost, ugly warthog,
> discovered that it has no capability to land planes on anything less than a
> commercial airport. And the warthog is the only plane in the inventory that
> can presently do this. The marines have their harriers. But the air force
> has nothing like this. And this capability is needed in the low
> intensity-terrorist type of conflicts.
>
> Sooo........, they are now spending lots of money to upgrade a number of
> warthogs. The present warthogs are now at about twice of their original
> intended flying hours. So they are rugged and last a long time too. The
> upgrades include new digital cockpits so they can now fly at night. and
> carry more types of weapons including JDAM capability.

They were flying at night before, but doing it kind of low tech. The pilots were
wearing night vision goggles. I am sure the new avionics will be FAR superior to
that. :-)

> The air force is also trying to get an air force version of the new harrier
> jump jet for themselves. This will be to address the primitive landing strip
> concerns in the future. They could build ten or more new A-10's with bill
> for a new high buck jet. (The marines don't like this idea at all)
>
> Some of the renovated warthogs are getting a new gun as well. They have a
> smaller, lighter version of the mini gun that is used in other military
> machines. So they are standardizing. It fires a 25 mm shell. takes up less
> room than the old gun, is quieter and is a dual configuration. So it fires
> from two sets of revolving barrels.

There is no new version of the Harrier that the US or the Brits wants any part
of. The new F-35 Joint Strike Fighter already has a vertical landing version.
The Marines are to get them, but I am sure that it will be easy for the Air
Force to get them too. There are 3 versions of the F-35. There is the regular
runway model for the Air Force, a carrier version for the Navy and the vertical
launch for the Marines. All have thrust vectoring like the Russian SU-37. The
new F-22 Raptor is going into active units now. This is be far THE most amazing
plane that the world has seen. It has stealth technology, thrust vectoring and
what they call Super Cruise. Basically that allows the plane to fly super sonic,
about 900 mph, without using it's afterburners. This will allow it to be on
station faster than any other plane and not lose all it's fuel doing so. The
F-15 is still the preeminent Air Supremacy fighter, so the F-22 goes way beyond
that. BTW, where did you read that they were going to put 2 25 mm guns on the
A-10? I keep up with this stuff and I have not seen it. The whole reason for
having the 30 mm is to penetrate a tank's armor. BTW, the Air Force thinks that
the F-35 will be able to replace the A-10 along with the F-16. It is a no
brainer that the F-35 is a FAR superior plane to the F-16, but I think we will
still see the A-10 for a long time. :-)

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Lee Michaels
September 22nd 06, 08:25 AM
"Robert Schuh" wrote

> [...]
> sonic,
> about 900 mph, without using it's afterburners. This will allow it to be
> on
> station faster than any other plane and not lose all it's fuel doing so.
> The
> F-15 is still the preeminent Air Supremacy fighter, so the F-22 goes way
> beyond
> that. BTW, where did you read that they were going to put 2 25 mm guns on
> the
> A-10? I keep up with this stuff and I have not seen it. The whole reason
> for
> having the 30 mm is to penetrate a tank's armor. BTW, the Air Force thinks
> that
> the F-35 will be able to replace the A-10 along with the F-16. It is a no
> brainer that the F-35 is a FAR superior plane to the F-16, but I think we

http://www.strategypage.com/dls/articles/2006830160.asp

Robert, I screwed up on the gun thing. It is the 25 mm and 40 mm that is
being phased out. They are installing twin 30 mm on the AC-130 gunships.

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairw/articles/20060919.aspx

I could not find the article about the air force wanting their own jumpjets.
But I read it in the last three months. I too, am an A-10 warthog fan.

If you want to look at their archives, go to this page. The current
articles are in the middle. The archives are listed by subject
classification to the left on the page.

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/default.aspx

Robert Schuh
September 22nd 06, 09:35 AM
JMW wrote:

> "Lee Michaels" > wrote:
> >
> >"Robert Schuh" > wrote
> >>
> >> The Mini gun is just 7.62. Can you imagine what damage the 30 mm cannon on
> >> the Warthog can do?? :-) The cannon on the A-10 can actually stop the
> >> plane in the air if it could fire long enough. They don't carry enough
> >> ammo to do that and the barrels would melt, but it is an amazing fact
> >> anyway. That plane is such an amazing system and many dolts in the
> >> military have wanted to shut that plane down for years. They actually were
> >> trying to claim that the F-16 could fill that role. That is just
> >> ludicrous. The A-10 is just a big heavy and slow flying gun with amazing
> >> amounts of armament. It is basically a flying tank. The titanium tub that
> >> the pilot sits in is a marvel unto itself.
> >>
> >Have you heard the latest on the warthog?
> >
> >It turns out that the air force, which has hated the low cost, ugly warthog,
> >discovered that it has no capability to land planes on anything less than a
> >commercial airport. And the warthog is the only plane in the inventory that
> >can presently do this. The marines have their harriers. But the air force
> >has nothing like this. And this capability is needed in the low
> >intensity-terrorist type of conflicts.
> >
> >Sooo........, they are now spending lots of money to upgrade a number of
> >warthogs. The present warthogs are now at about twice of their original
> >intended flying hours. So they are rugged and last a long time too. The
> >upgrades include new digital cockpits so they can now fly at night. and
> >carry more types of weapons including JDAM capability.
> >
> >The air force is also trying to get an air force version of the new harrier
> >jump jet for themselves. This will be to address the primitive landing strip
> >concerns in the future. They could build ten or more new A-10's with bill
> >for a new high buck jet. (The marines don't like this idea at all)
> >
> >Some of the renovated warthogs are getting a new gun as well. They have a
> >smaller, lighter version of the mini gun that is used in other military
> >machines. So they are standardizing. It fires a 25 mm shell. takes up less
> >room than the old gun, is quieter and is a dual configuration. So it fires
> >from two sets of revolving barrels.
>
> I recall hearing about the first-ever air-to-air A10 kill during the
> Gulf War. An Iraqi helicopter popped up in front of the A10, and the
> A10 hosed it with the mini gun. <heh> When opportunity knocks ...

That A-10's gun makes the Mini gun look VERY mini! :-) Even a .50 round looks
like Mini Me compared to those 30 mm rounds.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Robert Schuh
September 22nd 06, 09:36 AM
wrote:

> Machine gun license? No such thing...
>
> Any qualified civilian can own a PRE-1986 ATF registered machine gun.
> Anything POST-86 or Post Sample, you will have to be a LE agency, SOT
> (class 3 dealer), or manufacturer.
>
> I have shot the G18, its alot of fun, but that is about it.
>
> I would rather shoot my registered M16 or MP5.

I guess that was the last time I looked at those. :-) I remember going to
gun shows when I was in college around 83 and they had everything for
sale. M-16s, M-60s etc.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Robert Schuh
September 22nd 06, 09:37 AM
JMW wrote:

> wrote:
> >
> >Machine gun license? No such thing...
> >
> >Any qualified civilian can own a PRE-1986 ATF registered machine gun.
> >Anything POST-86 or Post Sample, you will have to be a LE agency, SOT
> >(class 3 dealer), or manufacturer.
>
> I believe you still have to obtain the BATF permit, signed onto by
> your local CLEO, and pay for the $200 tax stamp.

That is what I thought too.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

September 22nd 06, 01:36 PM
JMW wrote:
> wrote:
> >
> >Machine gun license? No such thing...
> >
> >Any qualified civilian can own a PRE-1986 ATF registered machine gun.
> >Anything POST-86 or Post Sample, you will have to be a LE agency, SOT
> >(class 3 dealer), or manufacturer.
>
> I believe you still have to obtain the BATF permit, signed onto by
> your local CLEO, and pay for the $200 tax stamp.

Sir you are correct.

Fill out the Form 4s pay and pay the 200 tax.

No CLEO needed for me, I use a Trust to get around that.

Robert Schuh
September 23rd 06, 02:06 AM
Lee Michaels wrote:

> [...]
> > F-15 is still the preeminent Air Supremacy fighter, so the F-22 goes way
> > beyond
> > that. BTW, where did you read that they were going to put 2 25 mm guns on
> > the
> > A-10? I keep up with this stuff and I have not seen it. The whole reason
> > for
> > having the 30 mm is to penetrate a tank's armor. BTW, the Air Force thinks
> > that
> > the F-35 will be able to replace the A-10 along with the F-16. It is a no
> > brainer that the F-35 is a FAR superior plane to the F-16, but I think we
> > will
> > still see the A-10 for a long time. :-)
> >

> http://www.strategypage.com/dls/articles/2006830160.asp
>
> Robert, I screwed up on the gun thing. It is the 25 mm and 40 mm that is
> being phased out. They are installing twin 30 mm on the AC-130 gunships.

That makes sense.

> http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairw/articles/20060919.aspx
>
> I could not find the article about the air force wanting their own jumpjets.
> But I read it in the last three months. I too, am an A-10 warthog fan.

There would be no reason why the Air Force could not get the STOVL version of
the F-35 too. They are building them for the Marines, so all they would have to
do is build some more for the Air Force.

> If you want to look at their archives, go to this page. The current
> articles are in the middle. The archives are listed by subject
> classification to the left on the page.
>
> http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/default.aspx

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

JMW
September 23rd 06, 06:40 AM
wrote:

>JMW wrote:
>> wrote:
>> >
>> >Machine gun license? No such thing...
>> >
>> >Any qualified civilian can own a PRE-1986 ATF registered machine gun.
>> >Anything POST-86 or Post Sample, you will have to be a LE agency, SOT
>> >(class 3 dealer), or manufacturer.
>>
>> I believe you still have to obtain the BATF permit, signed onto by
>> your local CLEO, and pay for the $200 tax stamp.
>
>Sir you are correct.
>
>Fill out the Form 4s pay and pay the 200 tax.
>
>No CLEO needed for me, I use a Trust to get around that.

Uh-huh. What kind of "Trust"?