PDA

View Full Version : Re: Why Omnivore?


Will Brink
September 20th 06, 10:01 PM
In article . com>,
"Blueshark" > wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My diets consists of no meat/dairy products (often referred to as
> vegan).

Sorry to hear it.

>
> Now given that the vegan population is such a minority, yet the vegan
> community are extremely adamant that are right ethically and
> healthwise.

And your point is?

>
> So please tell me, what are the dietary advantages of eating
> meat/fish/milk/eggs/cheese

Man is an omnivore period. The question is "not why eat meat?", the
question is why NOT eat meat? Most vegans are sickly unhealthy people with
a moral chip on their shoulder that is based on pseudo science and wishful
thinking.

>
> over vegetables/fruit, in terms of nutrition ?

Because our physiologogy dictates that we are omnivores.


>
> Thanks-in-advance.

Blueshark
September 20th 06, 10:13 PM
Will Brink wrote:

Thanks for your worthwhile contribution!




</prat>


> In article . com>,
> "Blueshark" > wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > My diets consists of no meat/dairy products (often referred to as
> > vegan).
>
> Sorry to hear it.
>
> >
> > Now given that the vegan population is such a minority, yet the vegan
> > community are extremely adamant that are right ethically and
> > healthwise.
>
> And your point is?
>
> >
> > So please tell me, what are the dietary advantages of eating
> > meat/fish/milk/eggs/cheese
>
> Man is an omnivore period. The question is "not why eat meat?", the
> question is why NOT eat meat? Most vegans are sickly unhealthy people with
> a moral chip on their shoulder that is based on pseudo science and wishful
> thinking.
>
> >
> > over vegetables/fruit, in terms of nutrition ?
>
> Because our physiologogy dictates that we are omnivores.
>
>
> >
> > Thanks-in-advance.

Will Brink
September 20th 06, 11:52 PM
In article om>,
"Blueshark" > wrote:

> Will Brink wrote:
>
> Thanks for your worthwhile contribution!

Those are the facts. Sorry if they bother you. It's par for the course and
expected from the classic "don't confuse me with the facts" vegan types.

Curt James
September 21st 06, 01:12 AM
Will Brink wrote:
[...]

> <snip> our physiologogy dictates that we are omnivores<snip>

Physiwhat?

I looked that word up in my dictionologogy, but...

--
Curt

Charles
September 21st 06, 08:18 AM
On 20 Sep 2006 17:12:00 -0700, "Curt James" >
wrote:

>Will Brink wrote:
>[...]
>
>> <snip> our physiologogy dictates that we are omnivores<snip>
>
>Physiwhat?
>
>I looked that word up in my dictionologogy, but...
>

That created an early forenoon snort James - nice one! ;o)

Pete
September 21st 06, 09:34 AM
"Will Brink" > schreef:

> Man is an omnivore period. The question is "not why eat meat?", the
> question is why NOT eat meat? Most vegans are sickly unhealthy people with
> a moral chip on their shoulder that is based on pseudo science and wishful
> thinking.

>> over vegetables/fruit, in terms of nutrition ?

> Because our physiologogy dictates that we are omnivores.

Isnt it a proven fact that our front teeth are designed to cut through meat?

In nature, function dictates design.

Another point, Eskimos are the healthiest people on the planet, was once
said.
And AFAIK, those guys never import carrots or bananas...

----
Pete

Charles
September 21st 06, 09:39 AM
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:34:07 +0200, "Pete" >
wrote:

>"Will Brink" > schreef:
>
>> Man is an omnivore period. The question is "not why eat meat?", the
>> question is why NOT eat meat? Most vegans are sickly unhealthy people with
>> a moral chip on their shoulder that is based on pseudo science and wishful
>> thinking.
>
>>> over vegetables/fruit, in terms of nutrition ?
>
>> Because our physiologogy dictates that we are omnivores.
>
>Isnt it a proven fact that our front teeth are designed to cut through meat?
>
>In nature, function dictates design.
>
>Another point, Eskimos are the healthiest people on the planet, was once
>said.
>And AFAIK, those guys never import carrots or bananas...
>

The myth that they share their wives is also wildly exaggerated! ;o)

Curt James
September 21st 06, 11:09 PM
Charles wrote:
> "Curt James" wrote:
> >Will Brink wrote:
[...]
> >> <snip> physiologogy <snip>
> >
> >Physiwhat?
> >
> >I looked that word up in my dictionologogy, but...
>
> That created an early forenoon snort James - nice one! ;o)

heh

And thus my presence in MFW is validated once more. Strong laughter
must truly be the best medicine (but an early forenoon snort, I
suspect, is not such a weak substitute). Glad to help, Charles! :oD

--
Curt

Charles
September 21st 06, 11:26 PM
On 21 Sep 2006 15:09:44 -0700, "Curt James" >
wrote:

>Charles wrote:
>> "Curt James" wrote:
>> >Will Brink wrote:
>[...]
>> >> <snip> physiologogy <snip>
>> >
>> >Physiwhat?
>> >
>> >I looked that word up in my dictionologogy, but...
>>
>> That created an early forenoon snort James - nice one! ;o)
>
>heh
>
>And thus my presence in MFW is validated once more. Strong laughter
>must truly be the best medicine (but an early forenoon snort, I
>suspect, is not such a weak substitute).

It's the eccentric nautical gent in me which has me using naval jargon
by habit; as a former navy veteran yourself you obviously know and
understand. It goes over most other people's heads! ;o)

>Glad to help, Charles! :oD
>

Heh!

Curt James
September 21st 06, 11:48 PM
Pete wrote:
[...]

> Isnt it a proven fact that our front teeth

Those canines. Yup.

> are designed to cut through meat?

It would seem obvious.

Humans have those meat-ripping canines as well as the "cud chewing"
molars, so it also seems obvious that we're intended to be omnivores.
(And I didn't even have to look in my dictionologogapedia once!)

[...]
> Another point, Eskimos are the healthiest people on
> the planet, was once said.
> And AFAIK, those guys never import carrots or bananas...

heh :oD

Awesome!

"Waiter, I'd like a whale blubber banana split for dessert, thanks."

(It could happen!)

> Pete

--
Curt

Beach Runner
September 25th 06, 08:35 PM
Pete wrote:
> "Will Brink" > schreef:
>
> > Man is an omnivore period. The question is "not why eat meat?", the
> > question is why NOT eat meat? Most vegans are sickly unhealthy people with
> > a moral chip on their shoulder that is based on pseudo science and wishful
> > thinking.
>
> >> over vegetables/fruit, in terms of nutrition ?
>
> > Because our physiologogy dictates that we are omnivores.
>
> Isnt it a proven fact that our front teeth are designed to cut through meat?
>
> In nature, function dictates design.
>
> Another point, Eskimos are the healthiest people on the planet, was once
> said.
> And AFAIK, those guys never import carrots or bananas...
>
> ----
> Pete

Not to debate, but you will find that our front teeth are basically
identical to the frugarious baboon. One can certainly be healthy on a
vegan diet, with the possibility of supplementing B12 or an a
omnivoures diet.

Of course, it's easy to eat an unhealthy diet no matter which way you
go. French Fries are an equal opportunity junk food.

rick++
September 26th 06, 03:18 PM
> Isnt it a proven fact that our front teeth are designed to cut through meat?

Also the size of the stomach, length ot intestines, and strength of the
kidneys
suggest mixed diets.
Closest relatives the chimps get 10-15% of calories from hunting meat.
Thats one of the surprises of Goodall's four decade study. Before then
people thought chimps were vegetarians.