PDA

View Full Version : Fitness fundamentalists

Neil Gendzwill
September 21st 06, 04:57 PM
From The Onion today:

Pectoral Muscles Targeted By Fitness Fundamentalists

September 21, 2006 | Issue 42•38

SANA'A, YEMEN—A videotaped statement shown Monday on Yemeni television
provides the most conclusive evidence yet that the Muslim bodybuilding
extremist group al-Huuruugh has acquired dumbbells from an unknown
source and could use them to target vulnerable, undeveloped muscle
groups in their pectoral region. "I call upon the world to stand witness
as I violently and repeatedly blast these pecs, purifying and rebuilding
them into a shape pleasing to Allah!" a masked, shirtless weightlifter
said in the tape, over the strains of Journey's "Don't Stop Believing."
"Seven! Eight! Nine! God is great, and so are my pecs, trapezius
muscles, lower back, and abs! Thirteen! Fourteen! The great Satan Of
Flab will soon feel the burn!" State Department officials said the group
is almost certainly a danger to themselves if they do not use better
form and stretch thoroughly afterward.

NYC XYZ
September 21st 06, 05:02 PM
Heh...I'd already posted the link about "killer workouts" once:

http://www.slate.com/id/2142772/nav/tap1/

Neil Gendzwill wrote:
> From The Onion today:
>
> Pectoral Muscles Targeted By Fitness Fundamentalists
>
> September 21, 2006 | Issue 42·38
>
> SANA'A, YEMEN-A videotaped statement shown Monday on Yemeni television
> provides the most conclusive evidence yet that the Muslim bodybuilding
> extremist group al-Huuruugh has acquired dumbbells from an unknown
> source and could use them to target vulnerable, undeveloped muscle
> groups in their pectoral region. "I call upon the world to stand witness
> as I violently and repeatedly blast these pecs, purifying and rebuilding
> them into a shape pleasing to Allah!" a masked, shirtless weightlifter
> said in the tape, over the strains of Journey's "Don't Stop Believing."
> "Seven! Eight! Nine! God is great, and so are my pecs, trapezius
> muscles, lower back, and abs! Thirteen! Fourteen! The great Satan Of
> Flab will soon feel the burn!" State Department officials said the group
> is almost certainly a danger to themselves if they do not use better
> form and stretch thoroughly afterward.

September 21st 06, 05:22 PM

Neil Gendzwill schreef:

> From The Onion today:
>
> Pectoral Muscles Targeted By Fitness Fundamentalists
>
> September 21, 2006 | Issue 42·38
>
> SANA'A, YEMEN-A videotaped statement shown Monday on Yemeni television
> provides the most conclusive evidence yet that the Muslim bodybuilding
> extremist group al-Huuruugh has acquired dumbbells from an unknown
> source and could use them to target vulnerable, undeveloped muscle
> groups in their pectoral region. "I call upon the world to stand witness
> as I violently and repeatedly blast these pecs, purifying and rebuilding
> them into a shape pleasing to Allah!" a masked, shirtless weightlifter
> said in the tape, over the strains of Journey's "Don't Stop Believing."
> "Seven! Eight! Nine! God is great, and so are my pecs, trapezius
> muscles, lower back, and abs! Thirteen! Fourteen! The great Satan Of
> Flab will soon feel the burn!" State Department officials said the group
> is almost certainly a danger to themselves if they do not use better
> form and stretch thoroughly afterward.

Pete
September 21st 06, 09:42 PM
O ja? Echt waar?