PDA

View Full Version : 8 - 1 > 8

Terry
September 22nd 06, 12:49 AM
http://www.opponion.com/about73.html

When I was in high school, my physical education teacher once explained
why 8 - 1 > 8. Say you work or study 8 hours a day. If you take 1 out of
the 8 hours and commit yourself to physical exercise, you will get much
more done in the 7 hours left than you could in the 8 hours without
moving your butt. In other words, physical activities make you work or
study more efficiently.

I didn't believe that wisdom before, but I do now. The long-term
benefits of the one "lost" hour everyday can be enormous in term of
keeping one healthy, energetic and happy.

Calculate in another way: if you don't commit the time every day for
your own well-being, how much time do you have to spend at your doctor's
office, pharmacy and hospital in the future? How much money does it cost
you when illness like diabetes, hypertension or heart disease strikes?

8 - 1 > 8 rule can go a long way in getting you in shape and keeping you
healthy!