PDA

View Full Version : Re: How to avoid weakness at the gym when trying to lose weight

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 22nd 06, 06:00 PM
In article >,
"me, only me" > wrote:

> How do I avoid weakness at the gym when trying to lose weight

Butch up.

> When I cut back on calories to lose weight, my lifting ability drops
> seriously.

It's all in your head... Seriously.
I once went nuts and did a 2 week fast.

Ok, I was young and stupid, but still took vitamin supplements
and plenty of water.

Guess what? I managed to maintain the same lifts.

Lost 20 lbs. but I do NOT recommend this!

> Any special diets or tricks you guys know?

See above.
I'm not kidding.
Trouble with fasting tho' is that you lose muscle bulk.

> Thanks

Keep up the protein, cut back on fat and starchy/sugary carbs.

Buy Lyle's book.

HTH?
--
Peace!