PDA

View Full Version : Excess Protein -- Fat or Feces?

NYC XYZ
September 22nd 06, 06:28 PM
LOL -- but seriously, I heard or read once that excess protein is
simply excreted out. I also read, much more often, that excess protein
becomes fat (and I thought only excess carbs can become fat).

So what, exactly, is excreted in the form of feces? (If you must quip
-- please make it funny, at least.) I know most of it is intestinal
bacteria, but what exactly is the "waste"?? Okay, fiber, and make that
grit of sand which wasn't washed off from your lettuce...but what else?

I ask 'cause it seems awfully wasteful if excess protein is what's
excreted...at the same time, I guess that's better than the body
building more fat cells to imprision it! Such a chore getting all
three things -- training, diet, and rest -- right at the same time
regularly over the long-haul....

Pete
September 22nd 06, 06:31 PM
"NYC XYZ" > schreef:

Do not respond!

I repeat;

DO NOT RESPOND !!!

Please...

----
Pete

NYC XYZ
September 22nd 06, 06:47 PM
Oh my God, I've been blacklisted by the MFW Gym Staff!

Hehehe...you forgot to say, "please rack your weights" and "gays are
people too."

Pete wrote:
> "NYC XYZ" > schreef:
>
> Do not respond!
>
> I repeat;
>
> DO NOT RESPOND !!!
>
> Please...
>
> ----
> Pete

Pete
September 22nd 06, 06:55 PM
"NYC XYZ" > schreef:

> Oh my God, I've been blacklisted by the MFW Gym Staff!

I dont think so!

If i end up psychotic, you will be declared MFWs new hero!

However, and you will leave no choice;

If more then 10 different people respond, you will leave NO choice then
posting another dream about kettlebells!

> Hehehe...you forgot to say, "please rack your weights" and "gays are
> people too."

But of course they are!

And women deserve the same rights as men do!

----
Pete

mike
September 22nd 06, 07:00 PM
"Pete" > wrote in message
> "NYC XYZ" > schreef:
>
> Do not respond!
>
> I repeat;
>
> DO NOT RESPOND !!!
>
> Please...
>
> ----
> Pete

Pete, don't you think this is a load of ****! ....pmsl

determined
September 22nd 06, 07:26 PM
"NYC XYZ" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> LOL -- but seriously, I heard or read once that excess protein is
> simply excreted out. I also read, much more often, that excess protein
> becomes fat (and I thought only excess carbs can become fat).
>
> So what, exactly, is excreted in the form of feces? (If you must quip
> -- please make it funny, at least.) I know most of it is intestinal
> bacteria, but what exactly is the "waste"?? Okay, fiber, and make that
> grit of sand which wasn't washed off from your lettuce...but what else?
>
> I ask 'cause it seems awfully wasteful if excess protein is what's
> excreted...at the same time, I guess that's better than the body
> building more fat cells to imprision it! Such a chore getting all
> three things -- training, diet, and rest -- right at the same time
> regularly over the long-haul....

Here is my understanding... and please correct me if I am wrong...

Any extra calories, regardless from where, are stored as fat. Protein is
the most difficult for the body to digest, so even if you consume more than
you need, it has a sort of thermogenic effect in that it takes more calories
to digest. Still, if you consume more calories than the body needs, it will
be stored as fat.

The body can synthesize it's own fat and simple carbs for energy uses, but
it cannot synthesize it's own amino acids (the building blocks of muscle) so
the only source of that is protein.

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 22nd 06, 08:18 PM
In article . com>,
"NYC XYZ" > wrote:

> LOL -- but seriously, I heard or read once that excess protein is
> simply excreted out. I also read, much more often, that excess protein
> becomes fat (and I thought only excess carbs can become fat).
>
> So what, exactly, is excreted in the form of feces? (If you must quip
> -- please make it funny, at least.) I know most of it is intestinal
> bacteria, but what exactly is the "waste"?? Okay, fiber, and make that
> grit of sand which wasn't washed off from your lettuce...but what else?
>
> I ask 'cause it seems awfully wasteful if excess protein is what's
> excreted...at the same time, I guess that's better than the body
> building more fat cells to imprision it! Such a chore getting all
> three things -- training, diet, and rest -- right at the same time
> regularly over the long-haul....

If your sweat smells like ammonia, you are probably over-doing it.

I'm not kidding......
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 22nd 06, 08:21 PM
In article m>,
"NYC XYZ" > wrote:

> Oh my God, I've been blacklisted by the MFW Gym Staff!
>
> Hehehe...you forgot to say, "please rack your weights" and "gays are
> people too."

And wipe up your damned sweat off the benches please....... ;-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 22nd 06, 08:21 PM
In article >,
"Pete" > wrote:

> "NYC XYZ" > schreef:
>
> > Oh my God, I've been blacklisted by the MFW Gym Staff!
>
> I dont think so!
>
> If i end up psychotic, you will be declared MFWs new hero!
>
> However, and you will leave no choice;
>
> If more then 10 different people respond, you will leave NO choice then
> posting another dream about kettlebells!
>
> > Hehehe...you forgot to say, "please rack your weights" and "gays are
> > people too."
>
> But of course they are!
>
> And women deserve the same rights as men do!
>
> ----
> Pete

As long as they provide jpegs, right?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

funkdys
September 22nd 06, 08:34 PM
determined wrote:
> "NYC XYZ" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > LOL -- but seriously, I heard or read once that excess protein is
> > simply excreted out. I also read, much more often, that excess protein
> > becomes fat (and I thought only excess carbs can become fat).
> >
> > So what, exactly, is excreted in the form of feces? (If you must quip
> > -- please make it funny, at least.) I know most of it is intestinal
> > bacteria, but what exactly is the "waste"?? Okay, fiber, and make that
> > grit of sand which wasn't washed off from your lettuce...but what else?
> >
> > I ask 'cause it seems awfully wasteful if excess protein is what's
> > excreted...at the same time, I guess that's better than the body
> > building more fat cells to imprision it! Such a chore getting all
> > three things -- training, diet, and rest -- right at the same time
> > regularly over the long-haul....
>
> Here is my understanding... and please correct me if I am wrong...
>
> Any extra calories, regardless from where, are stored as fat. Protein is
> the most difficult for the body to digest, so even if you consume more than
> you need, it has a sort of thermogenic effect in that it takes more calories
> to digest. Still, if you consume more calories than the body needs, it will
> be stored as fat.
>
> The body can synthesize it's own fat and simple carbs for energy uses, but
> it cannot synthesize it's own amino acids (the building blocks of muscle) so
> the only source of that is protein.

What's the conventional wisdom on protein consumption on "off" days? I
understand it's most effective to take protein supplement right before
or after working out. Does this mean that one shouldn't or doesn't
need to on days that they aren't working out?

Pete
September 22nd 06, 08:46 PM
"funkdys" > schreef:

> What's the conventional wisdom on protein consumption on "off" days? I
> understand it's most effective to take protein supplement right before
> or after working out. Does this mean that one shouldn't or doesn't
> need to on days that they aren't working out?

Growth is an ongoing process.
Sometimes i even eat more on my off days, since the intense workouts
sometimes supress the appetite a bit...

----
Pete

mike
September 22nd 06, 09:20 PM
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article . com>,
> "NYC XYZ" > wrote:
>
> > LOL -- but seriously, I heard or read once that excess protein is
> > simply excreted out. I also read, much more often, that excess protein
> > becomes fat (and I thought only excess carbs can become fat).
> >
> > So what, exactly, is excreted in the form of feces? (If you must quip
> > -- please make it funny, at least.) I know most of it is intestinal
> > bacteria, but what exactly is the "waste"?? Okay, fiber, and make that
> > grit of sand which wasn't washed off from your lettuce...but what else?
> >
> > I ask 'cause it seems awfully wasteful if excess protein is what's
> > excreted...at the same time, I guess that's better than the body
> > building more fat cells to imprision it! Such a chore getting all
> > three things -- training, diet, and rest -- right at the same time
> > regularly over the long-haul....
>
> If your sweat smells like ammonia, you are probably over-doing it.
>
> I'm not kidding......
> --

Hey Om, overdoing the protein intake if your sweat smells like ammonia? Mine
does and I wondered why.
I need to look into my diet then which is lean chicken mostly, and
vegetables or salad.
Are there any specific foodstuffs that are known to cause this situation?

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 22nd 06, 09:39 PM
In article >, "mike" >
wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> > In article . com>,
> > "NYC XYZ" > wrote:
> >
> > > LOL -- but seriously, I heard or read once that excess protein is
> > > simply excreted out. I also read, much more often, that excess protein
> > > becomes fat (and I thought only excess carbs can become fat).
> > >
> > > So what, exactly, is excreted in the form of feces? (If you must quip
> > > -- please make it funny, at least.) I know most of it is intestinal
> > > bacteria, but what exactly is the "waste"?? Okay, fiber, and make that
> > > grit of sand which wasn't washed off from your lettuce...but what else?
> > >
> > > I ask 'cause it seems awfully wasteful if excess protein is what's
> > > excreted...at the same time, I guess that's better than the body
> > > building more fat cells to imprision it! Such a chore getting all
> > > three things -- training, diet, and rest -- right at the same time
> > > regularly over the long-haul....
> >
> > If your sweat smells like ammonia, you are probably over-doing it.
> >
> > I'm not kidding......
> > --
>
> Hey Om, overdoing the protein intake if your sweat smells like ammonia? Mine
> does and I wondered why.
> I need to look into my diet then which is lean chicken mostly, and
> vegetables or salad.
> Are there any specific foodstuffs that are known to cause this situation?

Just watch the amounts. :-)

Wasted protein is wasted money.......

And I know I sure as hell cannot afford it!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

wiseway.info
September 22nd 06, 09:46 PM
mike wrote:

> Hey Om, overdoing the protein intake if your sweat smells like ammonia? Mine
> does and I wondered why.
> I need to look into my diet then which is lean chicken mostly, and
> vegetables or salad.
> Are there any specific foodstuffs that are known to cause this situation?

The ammonia smell is a noted characteristic of the Atkins diet. Eat
Protein and fat but little or no carbohydrate. Atkins preached only
having a small amount of carbohydrate so that the ammonia - as I
understand it caused by breakdown of stored fat, but I will go back to
my chemistry and biology books to check this - is still passed out of
the body.

Now that I have just re-read this I think I should check my facts which
I can't do right now. I may post an update / correction tomorrow. You
may find something related to this at www.fita2z.com

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 22nd 06, 09:49 PM
In article . com>,
"wiseway.info" > wrote:

> mike wrote:
> >
> > Hey Om, overdoing the protein intake if your sweat smells like ammonia? Mine
> > does and I wondered why.
> > I need to look into my diet then which is lean chicken mostly, and
> > vegetables or salad.
> > Are there any specific foodstuffs that are known to cause this situation?
>
> The ammonia smell is a noted characteristic of the Atkins diet. Eat
> Protein and fat but little or no carbohydrate. Atkins preached only
> having a small amount of carbohydrate so that the ammonia - as I
> understand it caused by breakdown of stored fat, but I will go back to
> my chemistry and biology books to check this - is still passed out of
> the body.
>
> Now that I have just re-read this I think I should check my facts which
> I can't do right now. I may post an update / correction tomorrow. You
> may find something related to this at www.fita2z.com

As far as I know, protein (and ammonia) are nitrogen based...

Fat isn't. ;-)

Please correct me if I am mistaken, but I don't think that ketones are
responsible for ammonia smelling sweat?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

September 22nd 06, 09:51 PM
"Atkins preached only having a small amount of carbohydrate so that the
ammonia - as I understand it caused by breakdown of stored fat..."

How is ammonia going to come from fatty acids?

Rachael Reynolds
September 22nd 06, 10:45 PM
"NYC XYZ" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> LOL -- but seriously, I heard or read once that excess protein is
> simply excreted out. I also read, much more often, that excess protein
> becomes fat (and I thought only excess carbs can become fat).
>
> So what, exactly, is excreted in the form of feces? (If you must quip
> -- please make it funny, at least.) I know most of it is intestinal
> bacteria, but what exactly is the "waste"?? Okay, fiber, and make that
> grit of sand which wasn't washed off from your lettuce...but what else?
>
> I ask 'cause it seems awfully wasteful if excess protein is what's
> excreted...at the same time, I guess that's better than the body
> building more fat cells to imprision it! Such a chore getting all
> three things -- training, diet, and rest -- right at the same time
> regularly over the long-haul....

The body can't store excess protein as protein so it does a combination of
two things - breaks it down in the liver and pees it out (not feces, but
pee) and some it breaks down and stores as fat. There is certainly no
benefit to excess protein.

--
Rachael

176/116/<119

www.justgiving.com/rachaelslondonmarathon

Will Brink
September 22nd 06, 11:29 PM
In article >,
OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:

> And I know I sure as hell cannot afford it!

'Cause you're too busy buying guns you freak.

September 23rd 06, 12:15 AM
NYC XYZ wrote:
> I heard or read once that excess protein is simply excreted out.
> I also read, much more often, that excess protein becomes fat
> (and I thought only excess carbs can become fat).
> So what, exactly, is excreted in the form of feces?

I believe that both answers are correct, depending on the context.

Dietary protein is broken down into an amino acid. The most
interesting uses of amino acid are for building muscle and for the
production of hormones and other protein compounds.

But for the most part, the body cannot store amino acid. So any amino
acid that cannot be used immediately is converted into two compounds:
one of which is excreted in urine (not feces); and the other of which
is used for the production of energy, either immediately or stored as
"fat" (triglycerides). I believe that for dietary protein, the
"nutritional calorie" is a measure of only the amount of the original
protein that potentially can be used for energy.

So when a body builder asks how much protein to consume to build
muscle, the answer is: only as much as the body can use at the time,
because the excess amino acid is not stored in the body. There are
medical risks to consuming a lot more protein (amino acid) than needed.

But when a calorie counter asks what happens to the dietary protein
calories that are not used for protein production in the body, the
answer is: it goes to energy (and potentially stored as "fat"),
because that is what the "nutritional calorie" of dietary protein
measures in the first place, I believe.

EatMe
September 23rd 06, 12:51 AM
wrote:
> "Atkins preached only having a small amount of carbohydrate so that the
> ammonia - as I understand it caused by breakdown of stored fat..."
>
> How is ammonia going to come from fatty acids?

Exactly.

Well, Atkins preached.

He should've Googled 'ketosis' and 'ketones'.

Just like any halfwitted ****tard on this NG should be doing instead of
asking the same dumbass questions that have been answered ad nausem for
nearly 20 years.

Jeez.

Getta clue.

And no, there is no excuse for not googling in the first place.
Unless you're totally lame.

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 23rd 06, 03:20 AM
In article >,
(Will Brink) wrote:

> In article >,
> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>

> > And I know I sure as hell cannot afford it!
>
> 'Cause you're too busy buying guns you freak.

Pretty much... <G>

I won't be buying any more now. I have what I want.
The Mossy was the last (planned) purchase.

Now all I have to do is "feed" them from time to time......
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

David Cohen
September 23rd 06, 04:15 AM
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote
> (Will Brink) wrote:
>> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:

>> > And I know I sure as hell cannot afford it!
>>
>> 'Cause you're too busy buying guns you freak.
>
> Pretty much... <G>
>
> I won't be buying any more now. I have what I want.
> The Mossy was the last (planned) purchase.
>
> Now all I have to do is "feed" them from time to time......

With my driver's license, credit card, and concealed weapons permit in my
wallet, I can walk into any gun shop in Nevada and, within a few minutes,
walk out with any (non-fully automatic) firearm.

I leave the credit cards at home now when I go into gun shops. My last
"planned" purchase was long ago. I've had LOTS of impulse purchases since.
Love them all, but, I try to prevent them now.

David

September 23rd 06, 06:59 AM
Gout is when the kidneys don't clear out the uric acid from purine digestion.

The uric acid goes to your joints and basically creates a form of arthritis.

The most concentrated purine is found in little fishes, sweatbreads
(internal organs), shellfish, brewer's years and caffeine. (yes,
caffeine is a purine, but it may hasten excretion of uric acid instead
- still debated)

Some extreme cases will have pimples of uric acid on their ear lobes
and face and when those pimples (tophi) pop, they excrete (white
chalky) uric acid. Worse, still, you can get deposits of uric acid in
your internal organs.

http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanual/section5/chapter55/55a.jsp

see also goutpal.com

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Reagan Mozart Pindus BioStrategist
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Yellary Clinton, Yellalot Spitzer & Angrew Cuomo: Nasty Together]

JMW
September 23rd 06, 07:20 AM
"Rachael Reynolds" > wrote:

>"NYC XYZ" > wrote:
>>
>> LOL -- but seriously, I heard or read once that excess protein is
>> simply excreted out. I also read, much more often, that excess protein
>> becomes fat (and I thought only excess carbs can become fat).
>>
>> So what, exactly, is excreted in the form of feces? (If you must quip
>> -- please make it funny, at least.) I know most of it is intestinal
>> bacteria, but what exactly is the "waste"?? Okay, fiber, and make that
>> grit of sand which wasn't washed off from your lettuce...but what else?
>>
>> I ask 'cause it seems awfully wasteful if excess protein is what's
>> excreted...at the same time, I guess that's better than the body
>> building more fat cells to imprision it! Such a chore getting all
>> three things -- training, diet, and rest -- right at the same time
>> regularly over the long-haul....
>
>The body can't store excess protein as protein so it does a combination of
>two things - breaks it down in the liver and pees it out (not feces, but
>pee) and some it breaks down and stores as fat. There is certainly no
>benefit to excess protein.

Protein breaks down into constituent amino acids.

It's the amino acids that are metabolized in the liver.

You only pee out the urea.

The remaining carbon skeleton can be converted to either glycogen or
fatty acids, depending on the amino acid that was deaminated.

Larry Hodges
September 23rd 06, 08:58 AM
"Pete" > wrote in message
> "NYC XYZ" > schreef:
>
>> Oh my God, I've been blacklisted by the MFW Gym Staff!
>
> I dont think so!
>
> If i end up psychotic, you will be declared MFWs new hero!
>
> However, and you will leave no choice;
>
> If more then 10 different people respond, you will leave NO choice then
> posting another dream about kettlebells!
>
>> Hehehe...you forgot to say, "please rack your weights" and "gays are
>> people too."
>
> But of course they are!
>
> And women deserve the same rights as men do!
>
> ----
> Pete

Give women the right to vote and they think they can drive...

-Larry

David
September 23rd 06, 09:03 AM
"Larry Hodges" > wrote in message
> "Pete" > wrote in message
>> "NYC XYZ" > schreef:
>>
>>> Oh my God, I've been blacklisted by the MFW Gym Staff!
>>
>> I dont think so!
>>
>> If i end up psychotic, you will be declared MFWs new hero!
>>
>> However, and you will leave no choice;
>>
>> If more then 10 different people respond, you will leave NO choice then
>> posting another dream about kettlebells!
>>
>>> Hehehe...you forgot to say, "please rack your weights" and "gays are
>>> people too."
>>
>> But of course they are!
>>
>> And women deserve the same rights as men do!
>>
>> ----
>> Pete
>
> Give women the right to vote and they think they can drive...
>
> -Larry
We are know that women are good for one thing only.. . (no not what you are
thinking I don't mean to do the cooking. I mean to do the laundry)

Curt James
September 23rd 06, 11:49 AM
JMW wrote:
> "Rachael Reynolds" wrote:
[...]
> >The body can't store excess protein as protein so it does a combination of
> >two things - breaks it down in the liver and pees it out (not feces, but
> >pee) and some it breaks down and stores as fat. There is certainly no
> >benefit to excess protein.
>
> Protein breaks down into constituent amino acids.
>
> It's the amino acids that are metabolized in the liver.
>
> You only pee out the urea.
>
> The remaining carbon skeleton can be converted to either glycogen or
> fatty acids, depending on the amino acid that was deaminated.

Thus verifying Jason Earl's belief regarding Google being an
unnecessary tool.

--
Curt

Don Wiss
September 23rd 06, 12:27 PM
On Sat, 23 Sep 2006, wrote:

>Gout is when the kidneys don't clear out the uric acid from purine digestion.
>
>The uric acid goes to your joints and basically creates a form of arthritis.
>
>The most concentrated purine is found in little fishes, sweatbreads
>(internal organs), shellfish, brewer's years and caffeine. (yes,
>caffeine is a purine, but it may hasten excretion of uric acid instead
>- still debated)

Here's a recent article on gout:
http://www.thepaleodiet.com/newsletter/newsletters/PDN_Vol2No4.pdf

Jeff
September 23rd 06, 01:47 PM
"determined" > wrote in message

> "NYC XYZ" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> LOL -- but seriously, I heard or read once that excess protein is
>> simply excreted out. I also read, much more often, that excess protein
>> becomes fat (and I thought only excess carbs can become fat).
>>
>> So what, exactly, is excreted in the form of feces? (If you must quip
>> -- please make it funny, at least.) I know most of it is intestinal
>> bacteria, but what exactly is the "waste"?? Okay, fiber, and make that
>> grit of sand which wasn't washed off from your lettuce...but what else?
>>
>> I ask 'cause it seems awfully wasteful if excess protein is what's
>> excreted...at the same time, I guess that's better than the body
>> building more fat cells to imprision it! Such a chore getting all
>> three things -- training, diet, and rest -- right at the same time
>> regularly over the long-haul....
>
> Here is my understanding... and please correct me if I am wrong...
>
> Any extra calories, regardless from where, are stored as fat. Protein is
> the most difficult for the body to digest, so even if you consume more
> than you need, it has a sort of thermogenic effect in that it takes more
> calories to digest. Still, if you consume more calories than the body
> needs, it will be stored as fat.

Not true. While protein is more difficult to digest that sugar, it still
takes very few calories to digest compared to what is adsorbed. So there is
a net energy gain by digesting protein.

> The body can synthesize it's own fat and simple carbs for energy uses, but
> it cannot synthesize it's own amino acids (the building blocks of muscle)
> so the only source of that is protein.

The body can synthesize its own fat, from sugar, fat or protein.

The body can't synthesize some amino acids. To get these, you have to eat
protein. But it does synthesize others.

The body has a limited capacity to synthesize sugar. However, this is rarely
a problem. The body can synthesize sugar from glycerin (a part of fat) and
from amino acids. Glycogen is a storage form of sugar.

So basically, your understanding is correct, with some minor corrections.

Jeff

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 23rd 06, 02:01 PM
In article . net>,
"David Cohen" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote
> > (Will Brink) wrote:

> >> 'Cause you're too busy buying guns you freak.
> >
> > Pretty much... <G>
> >
> > I won't be buying any more now. I have what I want.
> > The Mossy was the last (planned) purchase.
> >
> > Now all I have to do is "feed" them from time to time......
>
> With my driver's license, credit card, and concealed weapons permit in my
> wallet, I can walk into any gun shop in Nevada and, within a few minutes,
> walk out with any (non-fully automatic) firearm.

Ditto here... With the CCW they don't even have to make "that" phone
call.

> I leave the credit cards at home now when I go into gun shops. My last
> "planned" purchase was long ago. I've had LOTS of impulse purchases since.
> Love them all, but, I try to prevent them now.
>
> David

<lol> I know what you mean!

I went to the gun show last Saturday to discuss the problem with the
magazines I bought from a dealer for the SW9VE (at $40.00 each with the
tax) and ended up coming home with 3 guns.

Granted, I'd been looking for a short barreled shotgun for the house and
this is an older, very beautiful Mossberg with a blued barrel in 20
gauge for only $180.00, but my housemate fell in love with a nice little
30-30 rifle. <sigh>

I figured it was time to pay him back for the .308 he gave me as a 16th
birthday gift. :-) Beautiful weapon, I still have it. Kicks like a mule
but that's ok...

Also picked up another pre-owned .40 for him in perfect condition, same
model as mine. It was a steal.

Note to self, leave the damned credit card at home when visiting Saxet
shows!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Will Brink
September 23rd 06, 03:04 PM
In article >,
OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:

> In article >,
> (Will Brink) wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
> >

> > > And I know I sure as hell cannot afford it!
> >
> > 'Cause you're too busy buying guns you freak.
>
> Pretty much... <G>
>
> I won't be buying any more now.

They all say that!

> I have what I want.

Until the next show you attend or store you walk into....

> The Mossy was the last (planned) purchase.
>
> Now all I have to do is "feed" them from time to time......

I hear dat.

Will Brink
September 23rd 06, 03:06 PM
In article . net>,
"David Cohen" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote
> > (Will Brink) wrote:

> >> 'Cause you're too busy buying guns you freak.
> >
> > Pretty much... <G>
> >
> > I won't be buying any more now. I have what I want.
> > The Mossy was the last (planned) purchase.
> >
> > Now all I have to do is "feed" them from time to time......
>
> With my driver's license, credit card, and concealed weapons permit in my
> wallet, I can walk into any gun shop in Nevada and, within a few minutes,
> walk out with any (non-fully automatic) firearm.
>
> I leave the credit cards at home now when I go into gun shops. My last
> "planned" purchase was long ago. I've had LOTS of impulse purchases since.
> Love them all, but, I try to prevent them now.

I have to stay out of high end audio stores, gun stores, and any place
that has watches. If I go into such a place, something gets purchased and
I don't want that!

> David

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 23rd 06, 03:46 PM
In article >,
(Will Brink) wrote:

> In article >,
> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > (Will Brink) wrote:

> > > 'Cause you're too busy buying guns you freak.
> >
> > Pretty much... <G>
> >
> > I won't be buying any more now.
>
> They all say that!

Indeed... ;-)
My poor housemate complained about the show.
Said it was like taking a broke kid into a candy store.
He's the one that got me hooked on rifles starting at
age 4.

> > I have what I want.
>
> Until the next show you attend or store you walk into....

<G>
Gotta gotta gotta leave the Visa card at home!

> > The Mossy was the last (planned) purchase.
> >
> > Now all I have to do is "feed" them from time to time......
>
> I hear dat.

Note to self: Look for #1 buckshot for the Mossy at Cabellas.....
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

determined
September 23rd 06, 04:19 PM
"Jeff" > wrote in message
. net...

> "determined" > wrote in message
>>
>> "NYC XYZ" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>>
>>> LOL -- but seriously, I heard or read once that excess protein is
>>> simply excreted out. I also read, much more often, that excess protein
>>> becomes fat (and I thought only excess carbs can become fat).
>>>
>>> So what, exactly, is excreted in the form of feces? (If you must quip
>>> -- please make it funny, at least.) I know most of it is intestinal
>>> bacteria, but what exactly is the "waste"?? Okay, fiber, and make that
>>> grit of sand which wasn't washed off from your lettuce...but what else?
>>>
>>> I ask 'cause it seems awfully wasteful if excess protein is what's
>>> excreted...at the same time, I guess that's better than the body
>>> building more fat cells to imprision it! Such a chore getting all
>>> three things -- training, diet, and rest -- right at the same time
>>> regularly over the long-haul....
>>
>> Here is my understanding... and please correct me if I am wrong...
>>
>> Any extra calories, regardless from where, are stored as fat. Protein is
>> the most difficult for the body to digest, so even if you consume more
>> than you need, it has a sort of thermogenic effect in that it takes more
>> calories to digest. Still, if you consume more calories than the body
>> needs, it will be stored as fat.
>
> Not true. While protein is more difficult to digest that sugar, it still
> takes very few calories to digest compared to what is adsorbed. So there
> is a net energy gain by digesting protein.

Yeah, that's what I said... Read again. "it has a sort of thermogenic
effect in that it takes more calories to digest. (I should have added that
it takes more calories to digest than say carbs or fat.) Still, if you
consume more calories than the body needs, it will be stored as fat"

determined
September 23rd 06, 04:20 PM
"Jeff" > wrote in message
. net...

> "determined" > wrote in message
>>
>> "NYC XYZ" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>>
>>> LOL -- but seriously, I heard or read once that excess protein is
>>> simply excreted out. I also read, much more often, that excess protein
>>> becomes fat (and I thought only excess carbs can become fat).
>>>
>>> So what, exactly, is excreted in the form of feces? (If you must quip
>>> -- please make it funny, at least.) I know most of it is intestinal
>>> bacteria, but what exactly is the "waste"?? Okay, fiber, and make that
>>> grit of sand which wasn't washed off from your lettuce...but what else?
>>>
>>> I ask 'cause it seems awfully wasteful if excess protein is what's
>>> excreted...at the same time, I guess that's better than the body
>>> building more fat cells to imprision it! Such a chore getting all
>>> three things -- training, diet, and rest -- right at the same time
>>> regularly over the long-haul....
>>
>> Here is my understanding... and please correct me if I am wrong...
>>
>> Any extra calories, regardless from where, are stored as fat. Protein is
>> the most difficult for the body to digest, so even if you consume more
>> than you need, it has a sort of thermogenic effect in that it takes more
>> calories to digest. Still, if you consume more calories than the body
>> needs, it will be stored as fat.
>
> Not true. While protein is more difficult to digest that sugar, it still
> takes very few calories to digest compared to what is adsorbed. So there
> is a net energy gain by digesting protein.
>
>> The body can synthesize it's own fat and simple carbs for energy uses,
>> but it cannot synthesize it's own amino acids (the building blocks of
>> muscle) so the only source of that is protein.
>
> The body can synthesize its own fat, from sugar, fat or protein.

No ****. I said that too. I said, "the body can synthesize it's own fat
and carbs, but it cannot synthesize amino acids"

Jeff
September 23rd 06, 04:39 PM
"NYC XYZ" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> LOL -- but seriously, I heard or read once that excess protein is
> simply excreted out. I also read, much more often, that excess protein
> becomes fat (and I thought only excess carbs can become fat).

Protein is a form of energy. When your body is unable to use amino acids in
proteins as a building block or for other uses (like neurotransmitters in
the brain), it uses the protein as fuel. When this happens, the nitrogen in
the protein is excreted as urea.

> So what, exactly, is excreted in the form of feces? (If you must quip
> -- please make it funny, at least.) I know most of it is intestinal
> bacteria, but what exactly is the "waste"?? Okay, fiber, and make that
> grit of sand which wasn't washed off from your lettuce...but what else?

In your doo-doo is water, undigested food, instestinal cells that slough
off, losts of bacteria (they give its lovely smell), and some stuff excreted
in the bile. In fact, the bilirubin, a breakdown product of red-blood cells,
give doo-doo its lovely colors.

Technically, excretion refers to removing something from the body. Your
urine is excreted. Most of your doo-doo is not excreted, because it never
enters the body proper (remember, what's in your intestinal tract is not
really in the body).

> I ask 'cause it seems awfully wasteful if excess protein is what's
> excreted...at the same time, I guess that's better than the body
> building more fat cells to imprision it! Such a chore getting all
> three things -- training, diet, and rest -- right at the same time
> regularly over the long-haul....

JMW
September 23rd 06, 05:50 PM
"Jeff" > wrote:

>"determined" > wrote:
>>
>> "NYC XYZ" > wrote:
>>>
>>> LOL -- but seriously, I heard or read once that excess protein is
>>> simply excreted out. I also read, much more often, that excess protein
>>> becomes fat (and I thought only excess carbs can become fat).
>>>
>>> So what, exactly, is excreted in the form of feces? (If you must quip
>>> -- please make it funny, at least.) I know most of it is intestinal
>>> bacteria, but what exactly is the "waste"?? Okay, fiber, and make that
>>> grit of sand which wasn't washed off from your lettuce...but what else?
>>>
>>> I ask 'cause it seems awfully wasteful if excess protein is what's
>>> excreted...at the same time, I guess that's better than the body
>>> building more fat cells to imprision it! Such a chore getting all
>>> three things -- training, diet, and rest -- right at the same time
>>> regularly over the long-haul....
>>
>> Here is my understanding... and please correct me if I am wrong...
>>
>> Any extra calories, regardless from where, are stored as fat. Protein is
>> the most difficult for the body to digest, so even if you consume more
>> than you need, it has a sort of thermogenic effect in that it takes more
>> calories to digest. Still, if you consume more calories than the body
>> needs, it will be stored as fat.
>
>Not true. While protein is more difficult to digest that sugar, it still
>takes very few calories to digest compared to what is adsorbed. So there is
>a net energy gain by digesting protein.
>
>> The body can synthesize it's own fat and simple carbs for energy uses, but
>> it cannot synthesize it's own amino acids (the building blocks of muscle)
>> so the only source of that is protein.
>
>The body can synthesize its own fat, from sugar, fat or protein.
>
>The body can't synthesize some amino acids. To get these, you have to eat
>protein. But it does synthesize others.

Well, kinda. It'll synthesize some *from* others by transamination.
You still gotta have the nitrogen intake.

Mr. Natural-Health
September 23rd 06, 07:11 PM
NYC XYZ wrote:

> So what, exactly, is excreted in the form of feces? (If you must quip
> -- please make it funny, at least.) I know most of it is intestinal
> bacteria, but what exactly is the "waste"?? Okay, fiber, and make that
> grit of sand which wasn't washed off from your lettuce...but what else?
>
> I ask 'cause it seems awfully wasteful if excess protein is what's
> excreted...at the same time, I guess that's better than the body
> building more fat cells to imprision it! Such a chore getting all
> three things -- training, diet, and rest -- right at the same time
> regularly over the long-haul....

Wonderful, ... ask a question and then answer it in the same post. :(

Feces = fiber, bacteria, toxins, water, and unrecovered bile.

Who says so? I do. :)

JMW
September 23rd 06, 07:53 PM
"Mr. Natural-Health" > wrote:

>NYC XYZ wrote:
>
>> So what, exactly, is excreted in the form of feces? (If you must quip
>> -- please make it funny, at least.) I know most of it is intestinal
>> bacteria, but what exactly is the "waste"?? Okay, fiber, and make that
>> grit of sand which wasn't washed off from your lettuce...but what else?
>>
>> I ask 'cause it seems awfully wasteful if excess protein is what's
>> excreted...at the same time, I guess that's better than the body
>> building more fat cells to imprision it! Such a chore getting all
>> three things -- training, diet, and rest -- right at the same time
>> regularly over the long-haul....
>
>Wonderful, ... ask a question and then answer it in the same post. :(
>
>Feces = fiber, bacteria, toxins, water, and unrecovered bile.
>
>Who says so? I do. :)

Therefore, even if it's correct, it's the word of a lunatic, and thus,
unreliable.

David Cohen
September 23rd 06, 08:36 PM
"JMW" > wrote
> "Mr. Natural-Health" > wrote:
>>NYC XYZ wrote:
>>
>>> So what, exactly, is excreted in the form of feces? (If you must quip
>>> -- please make it funny, at least.) I know most of it is intestinal
>>> bacteria, but what exactly is the "waste"?? Okay, fiber, and make that
>>> grit of sand which wasn't washed off from your lettuce...but what else?
>>>
>>> I ask 'cause it seems awfully wasteful if excess protein is what's
>>> excreted...at the same time, I guess that's better than the body
>>> building more fat cells to imprision it! Such a chore getting all
>>> three things -- training, diet, and rest -- right at the same time
>>> regularly over the long-haul....
>>
>>Wonderful, ... ask a question and then answer it in the same post. :(
>>
>>Feces = fiber, bacteria, toxins, water, and unrecovered bile.
>>
>>Who says so? I do. :)
>
> Therefore, even if it's correct, it's the word of a lunatic, and thus,
> unreliable.

However, his being full of **** does add to his credibility concerning this
particular subject.

David

September 24th 06, 12:05 AM
JMW wrote:
> "Mr. Natural-Health" > wrote:
>
> >NYC XYZ wrote:
> >
> >> So what, exactly, is excreted in the form of feces? (If you must quip
> >> -- please make it funny, at least.) I know most of it is intestinal
> >> bacteria, but what exactly is the "waste"?? Okay, fiber, and make that
> >> grit of sand which wasn't washed off from your lettuce...but what else?
> >>
> >> I ask 'cause it seems awfully wasteful if excess protein is what's
> >> excreted...at the same time, I guess that's better than the body
> >> building more fat cells to imprision it! Such a chore getting all
> >> three things -- training, diet, and rest -- right at the same time
> >> regularly over the long-haul....
> >
> >Wonderful, ... ask a question and then answer it in the same post. :(
> >
> >Feces = fiber, bacteria, toxins, water, and unrecovered bile.
> >
> >Who says so? I do. :)
>
> Therefore, even if it's correct, it's the word of a lunatic, and thus,
> unreliable.

JMW, you really need to STOP talking about yourself.

You have my condolences. :)

JMW
September 24th 06, 12:37 AM
"
> wrote:
>
>JMW wrote:

>> >Wonderful, ... ask a question and then answer it in the same post. :(
>> >
>> >Feces = fiber, bacteria, toxins, water, and unrecovered bile.
>> >
>> >Who says so? I do. :)
>>
>> Therefore, even if it's correct, it's the word of a lunatic, and thus,
>> unreliable.
>
>JMW, you really need to STOP talking about yourself.
>
>You have my condolences. :)

It's good to see you outputting the same old text strings, Gohde-bot!

BTW, you really should try some Earthbound FarmŽ Organic Spinach, Mr.
NaturalHealth. It's just what you need!

September 24th 06, 12:45 AM
JMW wrote:
> "
> > wrote:
> >
> >JMW wrote:

> >> Therefore, even if it's correct, it's the word of a lunatic, and thus,
> >> unreliable.
> >
> >JMW, you really need to STOP talking about yourself.
> >
> >You have my condolences. :)
>
> It's good to see you outputting the same old text strings, Gohde-bot!
>
> BTW, you really should try some Earthbound FarmŽ Organic Spinach, Mr.
> NaturalHealth. It's just what you need!

JMW, is proof that chronic use of steroids results in fatty-brain.

Ha, ... Hah, Ha!

Talk about a muscle head!

LOL, ... you really should stick to a subject that you know something
about.

Just thought that the Dumb Jock, might want to get lost before he gets
hurt. :)

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 24th 06, 09:30 AM
In article .net>,
"David Cohen" > wrote:

> "JMW" > wrote

> >>Wonderful, ... ask a question and then answer it in the same post. :(
> >>
> >>Feces = fiber, bacteria, toxins, water, and unrecovered bile.
> >>
> >>Who says so? I do. :)
> >
> > Therefore, even if it's correct, it's the word of a lunatic, and thus,
> > unreliable.
>
> However, his being full of **** does add to his credibility concerning this
> particular subject.
>
> David

Indeed... ;-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Bully
September 24th 06, 05:26 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article m>,
> "NYC XYZ" > wrote:
>
>> Oh my God, I've been blacklisted by the MFW Gym Staff!
>>
>> Hehehe...you forgot to say, "please rack your weights" and "gays are
>> people too."
>
> And wipe up your damned sweat off the benches please....... ;-)

No using chalk please, it makes a mess!

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Curt James
September 24th 06, 06:19 PM
Bully wrote:
> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > "NYC XYZ" wrote:
> >
> >> Oh my God, I've been blacklisted by the MFW Gym Staff!
> >>
> >> Hehehe...you forgot to say, "please rack your weights"
> >
> > And wipe up your damned sweat off the benches please....... ;-)
>
> No using chalk please, it makes a mess!

For the lowlowlow price of $199 cash for an 18-month membership, I
recently joined Planet Fitness - http://planetfitness.com - across from
the Harrisburg Mall in Harrisburg, PA, USA.

Formerly a World Gym, Planet Fitness has a... specific list of rules
offered in a sheet available at the gym's front desk:

Planet Fitness Policy and Etiquette

All Planet Fitness Members must abide by all policies and procedures of
good gym etiquette

Please be considerate of all Members
RESPECT YOUR GYM!!

1. Wipe down all equipment after using. Also, if you have dripped sweat
on the floor you MUST clean it up! We realize everyone sweats at the
gym and some members sweat more than others. This is the biggest
problem in trying to keep the gym clean. Bringing a towel and wiping
yourself before the sweat splatters over the equipment and collects on
the floor can easily resolve it. We appreciate your support with this
problem.

2. All members MUST return all dumbbells to racks and remove weight
plates from bars and return them to their proper place. This is simple
common courtesy.

3. Please dispose of any trash in trashcans only. This includes
bottles, gum, candy wrappers, etc. Again, simple common courtesy.

4. Dropping dumbbells nd weights will NOT be tolerated. There is no
reason for it, no matter how much weight or what exercise the member is
doing.

5. No grunting, screaming, moaning, or groaning. That makes members
feel uncomfortable and intimidated.

6. GYM ATTIRE: The only headwear allowed for men is a baseball cap or
sweatband. NO jeans, jean shorts, sandals, and any kind of boots or
flip-flops - This applies to all members. SUGGESTION - Keep it simple -
sneakers, shorts, workout pants.

7. Loud, foul, aggressive language will NOT be tolerated. Again that
makes members feel uncomfortable and intimidated.

8. Lockers are for DAILY use ONLY. All locks left on will be clipped.
Planet Fitness is not responsible for contents.

9. All members MUST check in at the front desk with their membership
card. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!

10. Please do not sit on equipment between sets. Others may wish to use
that piece of equipment.

Disregarding any Planet Fitness etiquette and policies will result in
termination of your membership.

All policies and guidelines are in the best interest of all members.
Workout - Have Fun. But please help keep your gym clean and follow our
policies. Remember - RESPECT YOUR GYM!!!

/policy form

The gym is heavy on cardio equipment, has a rack of dumbbells, one
squat rack, three Smith machines, three benches, locker rooms, an array
of selectorized machines, and more. I got a free t-shirt, too. One
thing I found unusual was the emphasis on their logo's edict: "the
judgement free zone". Their website offers an image that states
something like "Planet Fitness = no critics". Interesting that this
would prove to be a successful marketing technique.

I mentioned the "judgement" thing to a patron and his response was
something like, "Hey, it's TEN BUCKS A MONTH!" but that he didn't
really get it either. He did say that a number of the heavy lifters
moved on. Guess the no grunt and scream rule put them off?

And, yeah, sadly, I was reminded that I don't look like a bodybuilder
as the gym rep - as part of her sales pitch - reassured me that the gym
does NOT cater to the bodybuilder types.

Great. Thanks, lady.

Amusing, however, is the note found on their website:

It's amazing to us how many people comment, "You folks spelled
'JUDGMENT' wrong". It can be spelled both as "Judgement" and
"Judgment". So, you'll see that we spell it both ways. Who are we to
"judge" which one is right?
/copy and paste

ahahaHAHA! So much for judgement-free. Heck, even the logo got
"judged". <snerk>

Regardless of the irony there, it's a nice goal and a good gym... and a
GREAT price.

> Bully
> Protein bars: http://www.proteinbars.co.uk
>
> "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't
> matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

--
Curt

Jeff
September 24th 06, 08:11 PM
"determined" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Jeff" > wrote in message
> . net...
>>
>> "determined" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "NYC XYZ" > wrote in message
>>> oups.com...

>>> Here is my understanding... and please correct me if I am wrong...
>>>
>>> Any extra calories, regardless from where, are stored as fat. Protein
>>> is the most difficult for the body to digest, so even if you consume
>>> more than you need, it has a sort of thermogenic effect in that it takes
>>> more calories to digest. Still, if you consume more calories than the
>>> body needs, it will be stored as fat.
>>
>> Not true. While protein is more difficult to digest that sugar, it still
>> takes very few calories to digest compared to what is adsorbed. So there
>> is a net energy gain by digesting protein.
>>
>>> The body can synthesize it's own fat and simple carbs for energy uses,
>>> but it cannot synthesize it's own amino acids (the building blocks of
>>> muscle) so the only source of that is protein.
>>
>> The body can synthesize its own fat, from sugar, fat or protein.
>
> No ****. I said that too. I said, "the body can synthesize it's own fat
> and carbs, but it cannot synthesize amino acids"

It can synthesize its own amino acids, but not all twenty of them. So you
weren't completely, correct.

I was just clarifying this for those who would be interested.

Jeff

Jeff
September 24th 06, 08:13 PM
"determined" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Jeff" > wrote in message
> . net...
>>
>> "determined" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "NYC XYZ" > wrote in message
>>> oups.com...

>>> Here is my understanding... and please correct me if I am wrong...
>>>
>>> Any extra calories, regardless from where, are stored as fat. Protein
>>> is the most difficult for the body to digest, so even if you consume
>>> more than you need, it has a sort of thermogenic effect in that it takes
>>> more calories to digest. Still, if you consume more calories than the
>>> body needs, it will be stored as fat.
>>
>> Not true. While protein is more difficult to digest that sugar, it still
>> takes very few calories to digest compared to what is adsorbed. So there
>> is a net energy gain by digesting protein.
>
> Yeah, that's what I said... Read again. "it has a sort of thermogenic
> effect in that it takes more calories to digest. (I should have added
> that it takes more calories to digest than say carbs or fat.) Still, if
> you consume more calories than the body needs, it will be stored as fat"

I thought you meant more calories to digest than calories that it provides.
I am not even sure it takes more calories to digest. It takes longer to
digest fat, in part, because bile from the liver is involved. However,
protein is pretty rapidly broken down by enzymes from the small intestine
and pancreas.

I don't think it takes significantly more energy to break down proteins that
sugar.

Jeff

Larry Hodges
September 24th 06, 08:59 PM
"David" > wrote in message
u...

> "Larry Hodges" > wrote in message

>>> I dont think so!
>>>
>>> If i end up psychotic, you will be declared MFWs new hero!
>>>
>>> However, and you will leave no choice;
>>>
>>> If more then 10 different people respond, you will leave NO choice then
>>> posting another dream about kettlebells!

>>> But of course they are!
>>>
>>> And women deserve the same rights as men do!
>>>
>>> ----
>>> Pete
>>
>> Give women the right to vote and they think they can drive...
>>
>> -Larry
> We are know that women are good for one thing only.. . (no not what you
> are thinking I don't mean to do the cooking. I mean to do the laundry)

No. Guess again.

September 25th 06, 12:08 AM
Hahaha!

My dream gym would have Frederic Delavier's drawings for motivational
wallpaper (from his "Strength Training Anatomy") in addition to
mirrors. I'd also have stuff like the classic "Oath of Horatio" or
"Rape of the Sabine Women" reproduced as wallpaper. =)

It would have no music. But people can grunt and cuss all they want.

I would have my staff walk around giving spots to folks who needed it.
I'd have them rack the weights instead of just sitting bored at the
front desk. They'd also sweep and wipe off chalk, etc. I'd also have
someone in the lockerrooms at all times to prevent theft.

I wouldn't have a dress code. I'd probably hire some female strippers
to do nude workouts with the guys once a month for motivational
purposes!

I'd have military recruiters put a stand or literature rack by the door
for their brochures, etc.

Folks can sit on equipment between sets. **** that. But I'd make sure
to have at least two of each machine, bench, etc. -- four for something
like inclines, declines, preacher curls....

I'd have "exotic" machines that you don't see much of, like those
targeting the neck. I'd have a 100-ft. rock-climbing and rappeling
wall. I'd have ropes, too, like in the Army, for rope-climbing.

And this would have to be a 24/7 gym, of course. No exceptions -- not
even Christmas or New Year's!

I'd even have complimentary protein shakes and 10-15 minute massages,
with a nice sauna, for those members who work out regularly (to
encourage their being physically fit).

How much would you pay for membership at your ideal gym? I think I'd
fork over as much as $2K a year!

Curt James wrote:
> [...]
> does NOT cater to the bodybuilder types.
>
> Great. Thanks, lady.
>
> Amusing, however, is the note found on their website:
>
> It's amazing to us how many people comment, "You folks spelled
> 'JUDGMENT' wrong". It can be spelled both as "Judgement" and
> "Judgment". So, you'll see that we spell it both ways. Who are we to
> "judge" which one is right?
> /copy and paste
>
> ahahaHAHA! So much for judgement-free. Heck, even the logo got
> "judged". <snerk>
>
> Regardless of the irony there, it's a nice goal and a good gym... and a
> GREAT price.
>
> > Bully
> > Protein bars: http://www.proteinbars.co.uk
> >
> > "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't
> > matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Curt James
September 25th 06, 02:19 AM
wrote:

> Hahaha!
>
> My dream gym would have Frederic Delavier's drawings for motivational
> wallpaper (from his "Strength Training Anatomy") in addition to
> mirrors. I'd also have stuff like the classic "Oath of Horatio" or
> "Rape of the Sabine Women" reproduced as wallpaper. =)

Posters of Lenda Murray, Arnold, Juliette Bergmann, Lee Haney, and Ava
Cowan!

> It would have no music. But people can grunt and cuss all they want.
>
> I would have my staff walk around giving spots to folks who needed it.
> I'd have them rack the weights instead of just sitting bored at the
> front desk. They'd also sweep and wipe off chalk, etc. I'd also have
> someone in the lockerrooms at all times to prevent theft.
>
> I wouldn't have a dress code. I'd probably hire some female strippers
> to do nude workouts with the guys once a month for motivational
> purposes!

Can we substitute the strippers with Ava Cowan?
http://www.avacowan.com/

> I'd have military recruiters put a stand or literature rack by the door
> for their brochures, etc.

The Navy would get the largest display, of course.

> Folks can sit on equipment between sets. **** that.

Yeah! I gotta have somewhere to sit and read between sets, goldarnit.

> But I'd make sure to have at least two of each machine, bench,
> etc. -- four for something like inclines, declines, preacher curls....
>
> I'd have "exotic" machines that you don't see much of, like those
> targeting the neck. I'd have a 100-ft. rock-climbing and rappeling
> wall. I'd have ropes, too, like in the Army, for rope-climbing.
>
> And this would have to be a 24/7 gym, of course. No exceptions -- not
> even Christmas or New Year's!
>
> I'd even have complimentary protein shakes and 10-15 minute massages,
> with a nice sauna, for those members who work out regularly (to
> encourage their being physically fit).
>
> How much would you pay for membership at your ideal gym? I think I'd
> fork over as much as $2K a year!

Sounds like a reasonable fee.

Throw in free chiropractic services and you've got a deal!

[...]

--
Curt

David
September 25th 06, 03:39 AM
"Larry Hodges" > wrote in message
. ..
> "David" > wrote in message
> u...

>>> Give women the right to vote and they think they can drive...
>>>
>>> -Larry
>> We are know that women are good for one thing only.. . (no not what you
>> are thinking I don't mean to do the cooking. I mean to do the laundry)
>
> No. Guess again.
cleaning up

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 25th 06, 06:48 AM
In article . com>,
wrote:

<snipped ultimate dream gym description>

> How much would you pay for membership at your ideal gym? I think I'd
> fork over as much as $2K a year!

omfg! Me too!
--
Peace!