PDA

View Full Version : Re: How to avoid weakness at the gym when trying to lose weight

NYC XYZ
September 22nd 06, 06:34 PM
me, only me wrote:
> How do I avoid weakness at the gym when trying to lose weight
>
> When I cut back on calories to lose weight, my lifting ability drops
> seriously.
>
> Any special diets or tricks you guys know?
>
> Thanks

Just do what they do in Army infantry: eat a lot and exercise a lot.
The exercise burns fat while forcing your body to make use of the
protein for muscles.

Yeah you can get more technical about things and bring in the numbers,
but the principle's the same.

I think it's mainly psychological. Basically, I lift more when I have
a spotter and am not counting reps.