PDA

View Full Version : Proportions

Richard
September 24th 06, 01:40 AM
With forearms of 12 1/2 inches and biceps of 14 3/4, would it be advisable
to avoid exercising the forearms for awhile?

Curt James
September 24th 06, 02:15 AM
Richard wrote:

> With forearms of 12 1/2 inches and biceps of 14 3/4,
> would it be advisable to avoid exercising the forearms
> for awhile?

My knee-jerk/sarcastic reply was going to be, "Yes. Because you're
obviously getting... ENTIRELY TOO HYOOOGE!" Especially as those numbers
just about match my measurements (forearms 12 inches and biceps 14 1/4
today).

Then I was going to get serious and ask why you'd ask that question,
but I note the Subject line of "Proportions" and so am guessing that
you're concerned over your arm proportion - specificially forearm to
bicep? If that's your concern then I'll say that the difference you've
indicated doesn't seem out of hand, imo. You're certainly not Popeye.

Otoh, why do direct forearm work when you can simply SQUEEZE the bar
during your deadlifts and barbell rows?

OtOoh, I do direct forearm work in reverse curls and wrist curls.
Chicken and egg, perhaps. I'm thinking the direct forearm work may
result in greater gripping power which I can actually use during the
aforementioned deads, rows, as well as pulldowns, etc.

--
Curt

Jason Earl
September 24th 06, 02:35 AM
"Richard" > writes:

> With forearms of 12 1/2 inches and biceps of 14 3/4, would it be
> advisable to avoid exercising the forearms for awhile?

First of all Richard, even I am tempted to suggest that you stop
masturbating. How in the world do you expect to get serious answers
to such a ridiculous question?

Second of all, unless you are a girl (or a small child) you don't have
big forearms. You can stop exercising your forearms if you want, but
you shouldn't be tempted to get a Popeye-style anchor tattoo on your
forearms any time soon.

You might not want to waste your time on exercises that specifically
target your forearms, because at your size they are probably a waste
of time. Fortunately, it's almost impossible to lift weights without
exercising your forearms. Pete could probably whip up a routine that
didn't involve your grip using a wide variety of esoteric machines,
but he wouldn't like it.

Jason

Richard
September 24th 06, 02:39 AM
"Curt James" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Richard wrote:
>
> > With forearms of 12 1/2 inches and biceps of 14 3/4,
> > would it be advisable to avoid exercising the forearms
> > for awhile?
>
> My knee-jerk/sarcastic reply was going to be, "Yes. Because you're
> obviously getting... ENTIRELY TOO HYOOOGE!" Especially as those numbers
> just about match my measurements (forearms 12 inches and biceps 14 1/4
> today).

Yes way too big. Forearms are look'n like popeye but not a problem - I have
lost my spinach supply thanks to mr. e. coli.

> Then I was going to get serious and ask why you'd ask that question,
> but I note the Subject line of "Proportions" and so am guessing that
> you're concerned over your arm proportion - specificially forearm to
> bicep? If that's your concern then I'll say that the difference you've
> indicated doesn't seem out of hand, imo. You're certainly not Popeye.

Well... I dunno. There's something strange with my upper/lower arm
proportions.

> Otoh, why do direct forearm work when you can simply SQUEEZE the bar
> during your deadlifts and barbell rows?

I try not to squeeze.. for curls I try to keep as much weight in the palm as
long as I can

> OtOoh, I do direct forearm work in reverse curls and wrist curls.
> Chicken and egg, perhaps. I'm thinking the direct forearm work may
> result in greater gripping power which I can actually use during the
> aforementioned deads, rows, as well as pulldowns, etc.

I'm going to cut out some of the reverse curls for awhile. I don't have any
gripping problems, but I have calluses from hell. That's another problem :-/

> --
> Curt

Would you say 12.5" : 14.5" is close to "normal" proportions for arms?

Thanks,
Richard

Richard
September 24th 06, 02:48 AM
"Jason Earl" > wrote in message
> "Richard" > writes:
>
> > With forearms of 12 1/2 inches and biceps of 14 3/4, would it be
> > advisable to avoid exercising the forearms for awhile?
>
> First of all Richard, even I am tempted to suggest that you stop
> masturbating. How in the world do you expect to get serious answers
> to such a ridiculous question?
>
> Second of all, unless you are a girl (or a small child) you don't have
> big forearms. You can stop exercising your forearms if you want, but
> you shouldn't be tempted to get a Popeye-style anchor tattoo on your
> forearms any time soon.

The title is "proportions". This post is about ratios not size. Like your
penis is too long and too skinny, like a pencil - or too short and to fat,
that sort of thing.

> You might not want to waste your time on exercises that specifically
> target your forearms, because at your size they are probably a waste
> of time. Fortunately, it's almost impossible to lift weights without
> exercising your forearms. Pete could probably whip up a routine that
> didn't involve your grip using a wide variety of esoteric machines,
> but he wouldn't like it.

OK. I quit reverse curls for now. good enough.

> Jason

Richard

Curt James
September 24th 06, 02:56 AM
Richard wrote:
> "Curt James" wrote
> > Richard wrote:
> >
> > > With forearms of 12 1/2 inches and biceps of 14 3/4,
> > > would it be advisable to avoid exercising the forearms
> > > for awhile?
> >
> > My knee-jerk/sarcastic reply was going to be, "Yes.
> > Because you're obviously getting... ENTIRELY TOO
> > HYOOOGE!" Especially as those numbers just about
> > match my measurements (forearms 12 inches and
> > biceps 14 1/4 today).
>
> Yes way too big. Forearms are look'n like popeye but not
> a problem - I have lost my spinach supply thanks to
> mr. e. coli.

heh :oD

NO SPINACH FOR YOU!

> > <snip> am guessing that you're concerned over your
> > arm proportion - specificially forearm to bicep? If that's
> > your concern then I'll say that the difference you've
> > indicated doesn't seem out of hand, imo. You're certainly
> > not Popeye.
>
> Well... I dunno. There's something strange with my upper/lower
> arm proportions.

Really? How so? Jpeg evidence of the... strangeness. Trust me, your
jpeg couldn't be any stranger than Larry's "progress" pics wearing a
hoody and baggy pants. ;o) Wait, perhaps I'm not recalling that
correctly...

> > Otoh, why do direct forearm work when you can simply
> > SQUEEZE the bar during your deadlifts and barbell rows?
>
> I try not to squeeze.. for curls I try to keep as much weight
> in the palm as long as I can
[...]

> I'm going to cut out some of the reverse curls for awhile. I don't
> have any gripping problems, but I have calluses from hell.
> That's another problem :-/

Yeah, I'm familiar with calluses, but I like 'em. Evidence of the
adaptive process in action!

> Would you say 12.5" : 14.5" is close to "normal" proportions
> for arms?

No.

As I stated, MY arms are 12.0" : 14.25". Therefore I would say - from
my perspective at least - 12.5" : 14.5" is NOT close to "normal"
proportions but is instead close to "short term goal" proportions. ;o)

> Thanks,
> Richard

You're welcome. :o)

Who reaches 13" : 15" first, Richard?

I've only been working on that for the past THIRTY YEARS!!!! :oS

--
Curt

Richard
September 24th 06, 03:04 AM
"Curt James" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Richard wrote:

> > > My knee-jerk/sarcastic reply was going to be, "Yes.
> > > Because you're obviously getting... ENTIRELY TOO
> > > HYOOOGE!" Especially as those numbers just about
> > > match my measurements (forearms 12 inches and
> > > biceps 14 1/4 today).
> >
> > Yes way too big. Forearms are look'n like popeye but not
> > a problem - I have lost my spinach supply thanks to
> > mr. e. coli.
>
> heh :oD
>
> NO SPINACH FOR YOU!
>
> > > <snip> am guessing that you're concerned over your
> > > arm proportion - specificially forearm to bicep? If that's
> > > your concern then I'll say that the difference you've
> > > indicated doesn't seem out of hand, imo. You're certainly
> > > not Popeye.
> >
> > Well... I dunno. There's something strange with my upper/lower
> > arm proportions.
>
> Really? How so? Jpeg evidence of the... strangeness. Trust me, your
> jpeg couldn't be any stranger than Larry's "progress" pics wearing a
> hoody and baggy pants. ;o) Wait, perhaps I'm not recalling that
> correctly...

I'm leaving for a couple days but I'll post some jpegs when I get back.. the
strange look is that the forearms are way more defined than the upper arms.
I've got like two bundles of miscle on top of each other on the forearms but
my upper arms look.. eh, I guess need a lot more work on the upper arms.

> > > Otoh, why do direct forearm work when you can simply
> > > SQUEEZE the bar during your deadlifts and barbell rows?
> >
> > I try not to squeeze.. for curls I try to keep as much weight
> > in the palm as long as I can
> [...]
>
> > I'm going to cut out some of the reverse curls for awhile. I don't
> > have any gripping problems, but I have calluses from hell.
> > That's another problem :-/
>
> Yeah, I'm familiar with calluses, but I like 'em. Evidence of the
> adaptive process in action!
>
> > Would you say 12.5" : 14.5" is close to "normal" proportions
> > for arms?
>
> No.
>
> As I stated, MY arms are 12.0" : 14.25". Therefore I would say - from
> my perspective at least - 12.5" : 14.5" is NOT close to "normal"
> proportions but is instead close to "short term goal" proportions. ;o)
>
> > Thanks,
> > Richard
>
> You're welcome. :o)
>
> Who reaches 13" : 15" first, Richard?
>
> I've only been working on that for the past THIRTY YEARS!!!! :oS

WHOA! Well, I hope to get there before I'm sixty!

Richard

> --
> Curt

Curt James
September 24th 06, 03:20 AM
Richard wrote:
> "Jason Earl" wrote
> > "Richard" writes:
> >
> > > With forearms of 12 1/2 inches and biceps of 14 3/4, would
> > > it be advisable to avoid exercising the forearms for awhile?
> >
> > <snip> unless you are a girl (or a small child) you don't have
> > big forearms. You can stop exercising your forearms if you
> > want, but you shouldn't be tempted to get a Popeye-style
> > anchor tattoo on your forearms any time soon.

Juuuust great. Just GREAT! What'm I gonna do with this anchor tattoo
now?

[...]

> OK. I quit reverse curls for now. good enough.

Good! That puts me one step ahead of you in the race to 13" forearms.
(Well, after I catch up to your 12.5" measurement.) ;o)

--
Curt

Richard
September 24th 06, 03:26 AM
"Curt James" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Richard wrote:

> > > <snip> unless you are a girl (or a small child) you don't have
> > > big forearms. You can stop exercising your forearms if you
> > > want, but you shouldn't be tempted to get a Popeye-style
> > > anchor tattoo on your forearms any time soon.
>
> Juuuust great. Just GREAT! What'm I gonna do with this anchor tattoo
> now?

LOL!

> [...]
>
> > OK. I quit reverse curls for now. good enough.
>
> Good! That puts me one step ahead of you in the race to 13" forearms.
> (Well, after I catch up to your 12.5" measurement.) ;o)

OK! I'm going for 13" / 16", ready, set, go. Right after I loose 1/4" of
fat.

> > > Jason
> >
> > Richard
>
> --
> Curt

mike
September 24th 06, 08:04 AM
"Curt James" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Richard wrote:

> > > <snip> unless you are a girl (or a small child) you don't have
> > > big forearms. You can stop exercising your forearms if you
> > > want, but you shouldn't be tempted to get a Popeye-style
> > > anchor tattoo on your forearms any time soon.
>
> Juuuust great. Just GREAT! What'm I gonna do with this anchor tattoo
> now?

Curt, depends on where it is...lol.
The anchor might adjust....accordingly..hehe

> > OK. I quit reverse curls for now. good enough.
>
> Good! That puts me one step ahead of you in the race to 13" forearms.
> (Well, after I catch up to your 12.5" measurement.) ;o)
>
> > > Jason
> >
> > Richard
>
> --
> Curt

Pete
September 24th 06, 10:01 AM
"Richard" > schreef:

> I'm leaving for a couple days but I'll post some jpegs when I get back..
> the
> strange look is that the forearms are way more defined than the upper
> arms.
> I've got like two bundles of miscle on top of each other on the forearms
> but
> my upper arms look.. eh, I guess need a lot more work on the upper arms.

I suspect that your lower arms get too "much" indirect work.

About the "defenition", thats normal. The body doesnt store much, if ANY,
fat in that area. And a trained arm is more
vascular, which adds to that defined look.

About the proportions...
I believe one famous peron involved in the BBing scene said that the lower
arms should be 75% of the upper arms.

But then again, WHO decides what the ideal prportions are?
What criteria is used?

----
Pete

Pete
September 24th 06, 11:25 AM
"Jason Earl" > schreef:

> You might not want to waste your time on exercises that specifically
> target your forearms, because at your size they are probably a waste
> of time. Fortunately, it's almost impossible to lift weights without
> exercising your forearms. Pete could probably whip up a routine that
> didn't involve your grip using a wide variety of esoteric machines,
> but he wouldn't like it.

No, i wouldnt.

Anyway, it *might* be possible if you certain machines in the gym. For the
pulling movements. We have this magificent overhead press machine, and i
press the weight with my palms, hands WIDE open, as if was a 6 year old who
says "look, i can ride this bike without my hands!"

You can do this for all the other pressing movements, and fly and pullover
machines circumvent the forearms.

HOWEVER...

Despite what Arthur Jones might have said in the past, pull-overs are NOT a
very good way to train the back. Sure, they hit the lattisimus, but nowhere
near as good as pullups, and last but not least, rows.

And even if think of a way to "isolate" the muscles that are hit doing
pullup kinda movements, and rows, which i DID, and EVEN if you use straps,
your brain will still signal the forearms to contract.

Forearm development is mostly genetic. If you are lucky, they appear bigger
then they are.
I can go for years without direct stimulation, and they will stay 15 inch.
But then again i most of my back work without straps. I use them once in a
while...

If you want your forearms as big as possible, you need several things;

1) the right genetics

2) 3 exercises

They are;

1. Wrist curls, AKA wrist *roll-ups.*
Do NOT just move the hand. Let the bar roll slooooowly down, until its
almost at the tip of the middle finger. In a controlled manner, curl it up,
until the hand is about 20-30 degrees above parallel. Curling the hands all
the way in the direction of the forearms will only take the stress of.

2. Hand squeezers, the kinda used in martial arts, for HIGH reps.

3. Reverse or, if you get problems, hammer curls.

DONT do this for years on end, that doesnt make any sense...
3-4 months out of year, spaced in 2, is MORE then enough. Maybe less...

3) steroids, and then a pretty high dose...

I noticed that no MATTER how hard i train, the brachioradialis only seem to
"pop out" after a certain amount of AS.
I have NO idea why this is...

----
Pete

ATP*
September 24th 06, 04:45 PM
"Pete" > wrote in message
..

> HOWEVER...
>
> Despite what Arthur Jones might have said in the past, pull-overs are NOT
> a very good way to train the back. Sure, they hit the lattisimus, but
> nowhere near as good as pullups, and last but not least, rows.

The 7 minute rotator cuff book slams pullovers as bad for your shoulders.

Curt James
September 24th 06, 05:34 PM
ATP* wrote:
[...]

> The 7 minute rotator cuff book slams pullovers as
> bad for your shoulders.

True.

Joseph Horrigan has DC, DACBSP, and CSCS attached to his name. Bow
down! You just can't argue with that many letters!!!!

And, yeah, Jerry Robinson graduated from Stanford University after
completing advanced work in biomechanics. He taught biomechanics on the
staff at that university for two years. Not too shabby.

As ATP* states, their book does indeed list pullovers as bad for your
shoulders. Specifically, "The bottom line: Pullovers won't enlarge your
ribcage, and their high potential to injure rotator cuff and other
structures far outweighs whatever minimal muscular gains they may
promote."

Bonus Trivia: Horrigan was listed as the medical advisor for the 1999
film The Matrix.

Will you take the blue pill or the red pill? ;o)

--
Curt

Jason Earl
September 25th 06, 01:23 AM
"Pete" > writes:

> "Jason Earl" > schreef:
>
>> You might not want to waste your time on exercises that specifically
>> target your forearms, because at your size they are probably a waste
>> of time. Fortunately, it's almost impossible to lift weights without
>> exercising your forearms. Pete could probably whip up a routine that
>> didn't involve your grip using a wide variety of esoteric machines,
>> but he wouldn't like it.
>
> No, i wouldnt.

I bet you *could*. I say that with deep respect.

> Anyway, it *might* be possible if you certain machines in the
> gym. For the pulling movements. We have this magificent overhead
> press machine, and i press the weight with my palms, hands WIDE
> open, as if was a 6 year old who says "look, i can ride this bike
> without my hands!"

You can do open hand presses with kettlebells too. No really, you
can.

> You can do this for all the other pressing movements, and fly and
> pullover machines circumvent the forearms.

See, I told you that you could do it.

> HOWEVER...
>
> Despite what Arthur Jones might have said in the past, pull-overs
> are NOT a very good way to train the back. Sure, they hit the
> lattisimus, but nowhere near as good as pullups, and last but not
> least, rows.
>
> And even if think of a way to "isolate" the muscles that are hit
> doing pullup kinda movements, and rows, which i DID, and EVEN if you
> use straps, your brain will still signal the forearms to contract.
>
> Forearm development is mostly genetic. If you are lucky, they appear
> bigger then they are. I can go for years without direct
> stimulation, and they will stay 15 inch. But then again i most of
> my back work without straps. I use them once in a while...

When I saw the original post I measured my forearms. They were 13".
I thought to myself. Surely this has got to be some sort of a joke.
My forearms are bigger than his and my forearms aren't big.

> If you want your forearms as big as possible, you need several
> things;
>
> 1) the right genetics
>
> 2) 3 exercises
>
> They are;
>
> 1. Wrist curls, AKA wrist *roll-ups.* Do NOT just move the hand. Let
> the bar roll slooooowly down, until its almost at the tip of the
> middle finger. In a controlled manner, curl it up, until the hand is
> about 20-30 degrees above parallel. Curling the hands all the way in
> the direction of the forearms will only take the stress of.
>
> 2. Hand squeezers, the kinda used in martial arts, for HIGH reps.
>
> 3. Reverse or, if you get problems, hammer curls.
>
> DONT do this for years on end, that doesnt make any sense... 3-4
> months out of year, spaced in 2, is MORE then enough. Maybe less...
>
> 3) steroids, and then a pretty high dose...
>
> I noticed that no MATTER how hard i train, the brachioradialis only
> seem to "pop out" after a certain amount of AS. I have NO idea why
> this is...

Another very interesting post. Thanks a lot Pete.

Jason

Richard
September 25th 06, 01:47 AM
Curt James wrote:
> ATP* wrote:
> [...]
>
>> The 7 minute rotator cuff book slams pullovers as
>> bad for your shoulders.
>
> True.
>
> Joseph Horrigan has DC, DACBSP, and CSCS attached to his name. Bow
> down! You just can't argue with that many letters!!!!
>
> And, yeah, Jerry Robinson graduated from Stanford University after
> completing advanced work in biomechanics. He taught biomechanics on the
> staff at that university for two years. Not too shabby.
>
> As ATP* states, their book does indeed list pullovers as bad for your
> shoulders. Specifically, "The bottom line: Pullovers won't enlarge your
> ribcage, and their high potential to injure rotator cuff and other
> structures far outweighs whatever minimal muscular gains they may
> promote."
>
> Bonus Trivia: Horrigan was listed as the medical advisor for the 1999
> film The Matrix.
>
> Will you take the blue pill or the red pill? ;o)

Hey Curt,
Pls keep me posted on your progress with the 7MRot.Cuff book progress.
I flat benched 185 for the first time in months...maybe since last
summer ('05)...and it didn't hurt. Must....resist....going
heavy....225#...calling...must....resist. Anyway, it's amazing the
increase in fullness of the shoulders since starting on this book...and
I'm only up to 12# dumbbells. I thought the authors were very
conservative with the "don't go over 20#" but I've revised that thinking
since then.

OT: Walked into the 24hr fitness this morning (7:30) and there was this
big guy sitting on a stool in between the smith machine and one of the
barbell racks- not the cage mind you- and the barbell was loaded with 6
plates- 315#. I asked him if he was using the Smith and he said nope,
so I asked if he was squatting 315-"yep". (And also wished that the
large Aryan from the day before had been there to see what a squat
looked like; biiig arms but his calves looked like my forearms- eck)

Cool.

None of this pussy 10 degree ROM **** either- fully parallel. After 2
more sets of 5 he proceeds to add two more plates- 405 now. And bangs
out 3 sets of 3.

That just seemed a bit unsafe except he wasn't shaky or wobbly. Just
boom-boom-boom. Good form. Squat cage was open I should have asked why
he didn't like that but didn't think of it until I was back in my car.

Curt James
September 25th 06, 01:52 AM
Jason Earl wrote:
[...]

> When I saw the original post I measured my forearms.
> They were 13". I thought to myself. Surely this has got
> to be some sort of a joke. My forearms are bigger than
> his and my forearms aren't big.

Okay, Mr. "Tiny" Forearms Braggart, you've got the OP beat by a
half-inch, iirc, and my 12" forearm beat by an entire INCH! Whatcha
want, a protein bar? ;o)

--
Curt

Jason Earl
September 25th 06, 02:56 AM
"Curt James" > writes:

> Jason Earl wrote:
> [...]
>
>> When I saw the original post I measured my forearms.
>> They were 13". I thought to myself. Surely this has got
>> to be some sort of a joke. My forearms are bigger than
>> his and my forearms aren't big.
>
> Okay, Mr. "Tiny" Forearms Braggart, you've got the OP beat by a
> half-inch, iirc, and my 12" forearm beat by an entire INCH! Whatcha
> want, a protein bar? ;o)

I suppose I am just surprised because my forearms really don't look
that big. The idea that someone with smaller forearms than me
believes that his forearms are getting too big just seems ridiculous.

I really do apologize to Richard for my response. I could of swore
the question was a troll. So I decided to have a little fun.

Jason

Curt James
September 25th 06, 03:07 AM
Jason Earl wrote:
> "Curt James" writes:
> > Jason Earl wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> >> When I saw the original post I measured my forearms.
> >> They were 13". I thought to myself. Surely this has got
> >> to be some sort of a joke. My forearms are bigger than
> >> his and my forearms aren't big.
> >
> > Okay, Mr. "Tiny" Forearms Braggart, you've got the OP beat by a
> > half-inch, iirc, and my 12" forearm beat by an entire INCH! Whatcha
> > want, a protein bar? ;o)
>
> I suppose I am just surprised because my forearms really don't look
> that big. The idea that someone with smaller forearms than me
> believes that his forearms are getting too big just seems ridiculous.
>
> I really do apologize to Richard for my response. I could of swore
> the question was a troll. So I decided to have a little fun.

Fun? Didn't you read the notice? Somber (or sombre) and Serious,
solamente! Now put a grimace on your face and no more of that fun...
schtufff!

> Jason

:o)

Monday is upon us! :o/

Now if THAT doesn't set you on the sombre and serious track then...
you've got the RIGHT job! ;o)

(preceding post paid for by the Ascii Face Association)

--
Curt

Curt James
September 25th 06, 04:50 AM
Richard wrote:
[...]

> Pls keep me posted on your progress with the 7MRot.Cuff book progress.

Will do.

> I flat benched 185 for the first time in months...

Congratulations!

> maybe since last summer ('05)...and it didn't hurt. Must....resist....going
> heavy....225#...calling...must....resist.

All in due time, right?

> Anyway, it's amazing the increase in fullness of the shoulders since
> starting on this book...and I'm only up to 12# dumbbells. I thought
> the authors were very conservative with the "don't go over 20#" but I've
> revised that thinking since then.

That all sounds very encouraging.

> OT:

Hey, if the following is OFF topic then... ;o)

> Walked into the 24hr fitness this morning (7:30) and there was this
> big guy sitting on a stool in between the smith machine and one of the
> barbell racks- not the cage mind you- and the barbell was loaded with 6
> plates- 315#. I asked him if he was using the Smith and he said nope,
> so I asked if he was squatting 315-"yep". (And also wished that the
> large Aryan from the day before had been there to see what a squat
> looked like; biiig arms but his calves looked like my forearms- eck)

heh

> Cool.
>
> None of this pussy 10 degree ROM **** either- fully parallel. After 2
> more sets of 5 he proceeds to add two more plates- 405 now. And bangs
> out 3 sets of 3.

Yeah, it does my heart good to see anyone kick an Olympic bar's ass.
Especially one loaded with plate after plate after plate of 45s. One
reason I'm not necessarily jumping all over Pete's wise advice re
squats versus deadlifts. Where else am I going to be able to handle six
plates? Wrist curls? No.

> That just seemed a bit unsafe except he wasn't shaky or wobbly. Just
> boom-boom-boom. Good form. Squat cage was open I should have asked why
> he didn't like that

Because he CAN! :oD A slap in the face to the "girly man" cage!

D'OH! That is curious, but it sounds as if he had plenty of strength to
handle the 405 with confidence.

> but didn't think of it until I was back in my car.

Yep. In my car and half-way to work is where/when I typically remember
EVERYTHING.

"Oh, yeah, that textbook. At home on the dresser. Can't forget that
today... damn."

--
Curt