PDA

View Full Version : Re: Officer slaying adds to immigration debate

September 24th 06, 01:41 AM
Lets Roll wrote:
> http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8KAJUHG0.html
> Officer slaying adds to immigration debate
> 09/23/2006
> Associated Press
> Houston's police chief is standing behind his policy of not enforcing
> immigration laws after an illegal immigrant was charged with killing a
> police officer during a routine traffic stop.
> Chief Harold Hurtt instead directed blame for Thursday's slaying of Officer
> Rodney Johnson, who was shot in the face and head in his patrol car, toward
> federal agencies charged with securing the border.
> "If the government would fulfill their responsibility of protecting the
> border," Hurtt said Friday, "we probably would not be standing here today."
> Hurtt's policy prohibits officers from questioning suspects about their
> residency.
> The suspect, Juan Leonardo Quintero, 32, was arraigned on capital murder
> charges Friday. Police said he gave officers "a full confession" but has not
> said why he fired.
> According to police, Quintero was deported as an illegal felon in 1999 after
> being charged with indecency with a child. His record also includes an
> arrest for driving while intoxicated, driving with a suspended license and
> for failing to stop and give information following an automobile accident.
> Police said Johnson, 40, was shot after Quintero pulled a gun from his
> waistband as he sat handcuffed in the back of the patrol car.
> Johnson apparently missed the gun when he patted down Quintero, Houston
> police Capt. Dale Brown said.
> "My personal belief is that (Quintero) was upset about being arrested rather
> than being written a ticket," he said. "And I believe he was upset, because
> he knew he was going to be discovered as a deported alien, and that he was
> going to spend several years in federal prison before being deported."
> U.S. Rep. Ted Poe, R-Houston, said the shooting emphasizes the need for
> tighter border security. He also took offense to Hurtt's policy on
> immigration enforcement.
> "The city of Houston has created an atmosphere that it's a sanctuary for
> illegals," Poe said.
> Hurtt has said Houston would need more than 2,500 additional officers to
> enforce existing immigration laws. On Friday, Hurtt said he has been working
> to get the federal government to notify his department about illegal
> immigrants with outstanding criminal warrants.
> Johnson was a Houston native who served in the U.S. Army as a military
> police officer until being honorably discharged in 1990. He graduated from
> the Houston police academy in 1994.
> He is survived by his wife, Joslyn Johnson, an officer with the Houston
> police, and the couple's five children.

Whiteman, fight or die.

ted

http://www.eaif.org/ European American Issues Foundation

the heekster
September 24th 06, 07:28 PM
On 23 Sep 2006 17:41:04 -0700, wrote:

>Lets Roll wrote:
>> http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8KAJUHG0.html
>> Officer slaying adds to immigration debate
>> 09/23/2006
>> Associated Press
>> Houston's police chief is standing behind his policy of not enforcing
>> immigration laws after an illegal immigrant was charged with killing a
>> police officer during a routine traffic stop.
>> Chief Harold Hurtt instead directed blame for Thursday's slaying of Officer
>> Rodney Johnson, who was shot in the face and head in his patrol car, toward
>> federal agencies charged with securing the border.
>> "If the government would fulfill their responsibility of protecting the
>> border," Hurtt said Friday, "we probably would not be standing here today."
>> Hurtt's policy prohibits officers from questioning suspects about their
>> residency.
>> The suspect, Juan Leonardo Quintero, 32, was arraigned on capital murder
>> charges Friday. Police said he gave officers "a full confession" but has not
>> said why he fired.
>> According to police, Quintero was deported as an illegal felon in 1999 after
>> being charged with indecency with a child. His record also includes an
>> arrest for driving while intoxicated, driving with a suspended license and
>> for failing to stop and give information following an automobile accident.
>> Police said Johnson, 40, was shot after Quintero pulled a gun from his
>> waistband as he sat handcuffed in the back of the patrol car.
>> Johnson apparently missed the gun when he patted down Quintero, Houston
>> police Capt. Dale Brown said.
>> "My personal belief is that (Quintero) was upset about being arrested rather
>> than being written a ticket," he said. "And I believe he was upset, because
>> he knew he was going to be discovered as a deported alien, and that he was
>> going to spend several years in federal prison before being deported."
>> U.S. Rep. Ted Poe, R-Houston, said the shooting emphasizes the need for
>> tighter border security. He also took offense to Hurtt's policy on
>> immigration enforcement.
>> "The city of Houston has created an atmosphere that it's a sanctuary for
>> illegals," Poe said.
>> Hurtt has said Houston would need more than 2,500 additional officers to
>> enforce existing immigration laws. On Friday, Hurtt said he has been working
>> to get the federal government to notify his department about illegal
>> immigrants with outstanding criminal warrants.
>> Johnson was a Houston native who served in the U.S. Army as a military
>> police officer until being honorably discharged in 1990. He graduated from
>> the Houston police academy in 1994.
>> He is survived by his wife, Joslyn Johnson, an officer with the Houston
>> police, and the couple's five children.
>
>Whiteman, fight or die.

The policeman who was killed by the illegal immigrant, drunk driving,
child molesting coward, was black.

Abo
September 24th 06, 08:01 PM

And is dead because he missed the gun in the ****er's waistband

--
Abo

www.pickuptruckracing.com
www.scsaracing.com

Posting from my laptop - back to Windows XP Pro for now

Robert Schuh
September 24th 06, 10:24 PM

**** you you racist ****ing ****.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

September 25th 06, 04:14 AM
wrote:
> Lets Roll wrote:
> > http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8KAJUHG0.html
> > Officer slaying adds to immigration debate
> > 09/23/2006
> > Associated Press
> > Houston's police chief is standing behind his policy of not enforcing
> > immigration laws after an illegal immigrant was charged with killing a
> > police officer during a routine traffic stop.

The police have no power over illegal immigrants. Get over it, and do
a better job on the pat down.